FoodBanter.com

-   -   Boston Market (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/60727-boston-market.html)

Nancy Young 12-05-2005 08:29 PM

Boston Market

Please forgive me, but I have to laugh.

They are advertising their dessert, tunnel of fudge.

Doesn't that crack anyone up, so to speak?

Leila 12-05-2005 08:42 PM

I'll bet Dr. W. David Hager is smiling.

(Sorry, you have to be very up on politics to get this reference, and I
am not going to explain it to you)

Leila

Monsur Fromage du Pollet 12-05-2005 08:53 PM

Nancy Young wrote on 12 May 2005 in rec.food.cooking

Please forgive me, but I have to laugh.

They are advertising their dessert, tunnel of fudge.

Doesn't that crack anyone up, so to speak?

No?

Type 2 Diabetic Since Aug 2004
1AC- 7.2, 7.3, 5.5, 5.6 mmol
Weight from 265 down to 219 lbs. and dropping.
Continuing to be Manitoban

Andy 12-05-2005 08:59 PM

"Nancy Young" wrote in news:d60aqh$n0h$1
@news.monmouth.com:

Please forgive me, but I have to laugh.

They are advertising their dessert, tunnel of fudge.

Doesn't that crack anyone up, so to speak?

HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH!

You're 2 for 2!!!

Andy

--
"Ladies and gentlemen, The Beatles!"
- Ed Sullivan (1964)

Gal Called Jani 12-05-2005 09:11 PM

One time on Usenet, "Nancy Young" said:

Please forgive me, but I have to laugh.

They are advertising their dessert, tunnel of fudge.

Doesn't that crack anyone up, so to speak?

OMG! Did their marketing department even think about that one for
a moment? That's truly awful... :-D

--
Jani in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~

Melba's Jammin' 12-05-2005 10:05 PM

In article , "Nancy Young"
wrote:

Please forgive me, but I have to laugh.

They are advertising their dessert, tunnel of fudge.

Doesn't that crack anyone up, so to speak?

Color me Dense. I don't get it.
--
-Barb, http://www.jamlady.eboard.com 5/8/05.
"Are we going to measure, or are we going to cook?" -Food Critic Mimi Sheraton

Peter Aitken 12-05-2005 10:42 PM

"Gal Called Jani" wrote in message
One time on Usenet, "Nancy Young" said:

Please forgive me, but I have to laugh.

They are advertising their dessert, tunnel of fudge.

Doesn't that crack anyone up, so to speak?

OMG! Did their marketing department even think about that one for
a moment? That's truly awful... :-D

--
Jani in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~

I do not know whether to be pleased or embarassed that I get it.

--
Peter Aitken

Dan Abel 12-05-2005 11:23 PM

In article , "Peter
Aitken" wrote:

"Gal Called Jani" wrote in message
One time on Usenet, "Nancy Young" said:

Please forgive me, but I have to laugh.

They are advertising their dessert, tunnel of fudge.

Doesn't that crack anyone up, so to speak?

OMG! Did their marketing department even think about that one for
a moment? That's truly awful... :-D

--
Jani in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~

I do not know whether to be pleased or embarassed that I get it.

Poor choice of words there, Peter.

em bar(e) ass ed

:-)

--
Dan Abel
Sonoma State University

Peter Aitken 12-05-2005 11:29 PM

"Dan Abel" wrote in message
In article , "Peter
Aitken" wrote:

"Gal Called Jani" wrote in message
One time on Usenet, "Nancy Young" said:

Please forgive me, but I have to laugh.

They are advertising their dessert, tunnel of fudge.

Doesn't that crack anyone up, so to speak?

OMG! Did their marketing department even think about that one for
a moment? That's truly awful... :-D

--
Jani in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~

I do not know whether to be pleased or embarassed that I get it.

Poor choice of words there, Peter.

em bar(e) ass ed

Sheesh g! Maybe I should go cook dinner (goat curry by the way).

--
Peter Aitken

Nancy Young 12-05-2005 11:47 PM

"Peter Aitken" wrote in message
om...
"Gal Called Jani" wrote in message
One time on Usenet, "Nancy Young" said:

Please forgive me, but I have to laugh.

They are advertising their dessert, tunnel of fudge.

Doesn't that crack anyone up, so to speak?

OMG! Did their marketing department even think about that one for
a moment? That's truly awful... :-D

I do not know whether to be pleased or embarassed that I get it.

What can I say, I'm given to word games such as double entrendes.
It made me laugh. Just a little joke.

nancy (don't anyone give me a hard time about my spelling)

Peter Aitken 13-05-2005 12:02 AM

"Nancy Young" wrote in message

"Peter Aitken" wrote in message
om...
"Gal Called Jani" wrote in message
One time on Usenet, "Nancy Young" said:

Please forgive me, but I have to laugh.

They are advertising their dessert, tunnel of fudge.

Doesn't that crack anyone up, so to speak?

OMG! Did their marketing department even think about that one for
a moment? That's truly awful... :-D

I do not know whether to be pleased or embarassed that I get it.

What can I say, I'm given to word games such as double entrendes.
It made me laugh. Just a little joke.

nancy (don't anyone give me a hard time about my spelling)

And I love it! Life needs more humor.

--
Peter Aitken

Damsel 13-05-2005 12:02 AM

(Gal Called Jani) said:

One time on Usenet, "Nancy Young" said:

Please forgive me, but I have to laugh.

They are advertising their dessert, tunnel of fudge.

Doesn't that crack anyone up, so to speak?

OMG! Did their marketing department even think about that one for
a moment? That's truly awful... :-D

Tunnel of fudge is a well-established Bundt cake recipe. It's been around
for nearly 40 years. It's a Pillsbury bake-off thing. They used to sell a
boxed mix when Bundt cakes were all the rage.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Tunnel of Fudge Cake

Recipe By :Ella Rita Helfrich, 17th Bake-Off« Contest, 1966
Serving Size : 16 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : cakes chocolate

-------- ------------ ------------------------------*--
1 3/4 cups sugar
1 3/4 cups soft butter
6 eggs
2 cups powdered sugar
2 1/4 cups flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 cups chopped walnuts -- *see Note
---Glaze---
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
4 tablespoons milk -- or more if needed

1. Heat oven to 350░F. Grease and flour 12-cup Bundt« pan or 10-inch tube
pan. In large bowl, combine sugar and butter; beat until light and fluffy.
Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually add 2
cups powdered sugar; blend well. By hand, stir in flour and remaining cake
ingredients until well blended. Spoon batter into greased and floured pan;
spread evenly.
2. Bake at 350░F. for 45 to 50 minutes or until top is set and edges are
beginning to pull away from sides of pan.** Cool upright in pan on wire
rack 1 1/2 hours. Invert onto serving plate; cool at least 2 hours.
3. In small bowl, combine all glaze ingredients, adding enough milk for
desired drizzling consistency. Spoon over top of cake, allowing some to run
down sides. Store tightly covered.

Source:
"http://www.bakeoff.com/"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES :
* Nuts are essential for the success of this recipe.

** Since this cake has a soft filling, an ordinary doneness test cannot be
used. Accurate oven temperature and baking times are essential.

Wayne Boatwright 13-05-2005 12:16 AM

On Thu 12 May 2005 03:47:08p, Nancy Young wrote in rec.food.cooking:

"Peter Aitken" wrote in message
om...
"Gal Called Jani" wrote in message
One time on Usenet, "Nancy Young" said:

Please forgive me, but I have to laugh.

They are advertising their dessert, tunnel of fudge.

Doesn't that crack anyone up, so to speak?

OMG! Did their marketing department even think about that one for a
moment? That's truly awful... :-D

I do not know whether to be pleased or embarassed that I get it.

What can I say, I'm given to word games such as double entrendes.
It made me laugh. Just a little joke.

nancy (don't anyone give me a hard time about my spelling)

Did I miss something, or have you really never heard of "tunnel of fudge"
as a dessert?

--
Wayne Boatwright *┐*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

Damsel 13-05-2005 12:34 AM

Wayne Boatwright said:

Did I miss something, or have you really never heard of "tunnel of fudge"
as a dessert?

I think they're thinking, "intestines."

Carol

Wayne Boatwright 13-05-2005 12:41 AM

On Thu 12 May 2005 04:34:34p, Damsel wrote in rec.food.cooking:

Wayne Boatwright said:

Did I miss something, or have you really never heard of "tunnel of fudge"
as a dessert?

I think they're thinking, "intestines."

Carol

Yes, I know that (or worse), but what I don't get is that all of a sudden
they're thinking this? Tunnel of fudge cake cas been a dessert for
decades. More like they're just trying to find something funny to write.
Phffft! How silly!

--
Wayne Boatwright *┐*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974