TINY

Default Brownies Question

I'm baking Brownies what's the different between dark unsweetened cocoa and
dark cocoa

sf

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 15:27:14 GMT, "TINY"
> wrote:

> I'm baking Brownies what's the different between dark unsweetened cocoa and
> dark cocoa

Is this a test? Did you read the labels?

http://www.landolakes.com/bakingbasi...IngredientID=8

bulleted item: Do not substitute instant cocoa mix for
unsweetened cocoa. Instant cocoa mix contains milk powder
and sugar and could alter the flavor and texture of the
finished baked product.

TINY

I did read the labels I have unsweetened and when I went to the store that
was all I seen there was the unsweetened or else I would not have ask the
question
"sf" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 15:27:14 GMT, "TINY"
> > wrote:
>
> > I'm baking Brownies what's the different between dark unsweetened cocoa

and
> > dark cocoa
> >

> Is this a test? Did you read the labels?
>
> http://www.landolakes.com/bakingbasi...IngredientID=8
>
> bulleted item: Do not substitute instant cocoa mix for
> unsweetened cocoa. Instant cocoa mix contains milk powder
> and sugar and could alter the flavor and texture of the
> finished baked product.
>

> Practice safe eating - always use condiments

sf

Did you read the link? Did you fully read my reply?

If your real question is "do I use sweetened or unsweetened
cocoa for my brownies", the answer is "unsweetened". You
didn't ask that question though. You asked about a
difference between a specific type of cocoa and an
unspecific type.... we aren't there to look at the labels
with you, so you have to help us out a bit. Otherwise, we
can only guess. My guess is that the "other one" is
Safeway's European Style hot cocoa which says "Dark
Chocolate" on the can.

You indicated that you have the correct ingredient at home,
now go make those brownies and report back to rfc after you
taste them!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 19:17:31 GMT, "TINY"
> wrote:

> I did read the labels I have unsweetened and when I went to the store that
> was all I seen there was the unsweetened or else I would not have ask the
> question
> "sf" > wrote in message
> > On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 15:27:14 GMT, "TINY"
> > > wrote:
> >
> > > I'm baking Brownies what's the different between dark unsweetened cocoa

> and
> > > dark cocoa
> > >

> > Is this a test? Did you read the labels?
> >
> > http://www.landolakes.com/bakingbasi...IngredientID=8
> >
> > bulleted item: Do not substitute instant cocoa mix for
> > unsweetened cocoa. Instant cocoa mix contains milk powder
> > and sugar and could alter the flavor and texture of the
> > finished baked product.
> >

> > Practice safe eating - always use condiments

TINY

The unsweetened is in the brownies and the dark cocoa is in the frosting
"sf" > wrote in message
> Did you read the link? Did you fully read my reply?
>
> If your real question is "do I use sweetened or unsweetened
> cocoa for my brownies", the answer is "unsweetened". You
> didn't ask that question though. You asked about a
> difference between a specific type of cocoa and an
> unspecific type.... we aren't there to look at the labels
> with you, so you have to help us out a bit. Otherwise, we
> can only guess. My guess is that the "other one" is
> Safeway's European Style hot cocoa which says "Dark
> Chocolate" on the can.
>
> You indicated that you have the correct ingredient at home,
> now go make those brownies and report back to rfc after you
> taste them!
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 19:17:31 GMT, "TINY"
> > wrote:
>
> > I did read the labels I have unsweetened and when I went to the store

that
> > was all I seen there was the unsweetened or else I would not have ask

the
> > question
> > "sf" > wrote in message
> > > On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 15:27:14 GMT, "TINY"

cocoa
> > and
> > > >

> > > Is this a test? Did you read the labels?

http://www.landolakes.com/bakingbasi...IngredientID=8

> > > bulleted item: Do not substitute instant cocoa mix for
> > > unsweetened cocoa. Instant cocoa mix contains milk powder
> > > and sugar and could alter the flavor and texture of the
> > > finished baked product.
> > >

> > > Practice safe eating - always use condiments

> Practice safe eating - always use condiments

sf

How do they TASTE? You forgot to report that part. <G>

FYI: Here's a SUPER easy frosting to try the next time you
make brownies: Throw a bag (my brownies use a 9 x 13 pan)
of semi-sweet chocolate chips on top as soon as you take
them out of the oven. Wait for about 5 minutes and then
spread. They won't melt, but when you take a spatula to
them, the chips are soft and spreadable. The spread will
cool and harden into a perfect brownie "frosting".

```````````````````

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 20:52:39 GMT, "TINY"
> wrote:

> The unsweetened is in the brownies and the dark cocoa is in the frosting

> "sf" > wrote in message

> > You indicated that you have the correct ingredient at home,
> > now go make those brownies and report back to rfc after you
> > taste them!

TINY

They taste great I've made them before I just can't remember about the cocoa
difference
"sf" > wrote in message

> How do they TASTE? You forgot to report that part. <G>
>
> FYI: Here's a SUPER easy frosting to try the next time you
> make brownies: Throw a bag (my brownies use a 9 x 13 pan)
> of semi-sweet chocolate chips on top as soon as you take
> them out of the oven. Wait for about 5 minutes and then
> spread. They won't melt, but when you take a spatula to
> them, the chips are soft and spreadable. The spread will
> cool and harden into a perfect brownie "frosting".
>
> ```````````````````
>
> On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 20:52:39 GMT, "TINY"
> > wrote:
>
> > The unsweetened is in the brownies and the dark cocoa is in the

frosting

> > "sf" > wrote in message

> > > You indicated that you have the correct ingredient at home,
> > > now go make those brownies and report back to rfc after you
> > > taste them!

> Practice safe eating - always use condiments

Nexis

"TINY" > wrote in message
> I'm baking Brownies what's the different between dark unsweetened cocoa

and
> dark cocoa

Cocoa is unsweetened. Instant hot cocoa is sweetened. Not for baking. Ground
chocolate is powdery fine ground chocolate, not cocoa, and is sweetened. For
brownies, you want unsweetened cocoa.

kimberly

sf

Wonderful! Did you look at that Land o' Lakes website I
gave you? It's very informative and well laid out so you
could print it out and put it in your recipe binder.

`````````````````````````

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 05:34:40 GMT, "TINY"
> wrote:

> They taste great I've made them before I just can't remember about the cocoa
> difference

> "sf" > wrote in message
> >
> > How do they TASTE? You forgot to report that part. <G>

Baking brownies - question [email protected] General Cooking 36 14-05-2017 01:00 AM
Brownies again biig General Cooking 3 18-12-2008 01:06 PM
Brownies, Yum! Little Malice General Cooking 14 04-10-2007 11:09 PM
brownies [email protected] Baking 0 05-12-2004 06:11 PM
With Brownies.... Cate Oliver Chocolate 18 02-12-2003 02:14 AM