JLove98905

Default hollandaise stain :(

I managed to get a big plop of hollandaise sauce on a solid blue shirt. I
immediately put some Lestoil on it and let it sit for a day or two before I
washed it. Lestoil gets out the vast majority of oily stains like this, but one
washer and dryer cycle later, I've still got an oily blot on my shirt. This is
an old, old favorite shirt, and I'm not prepared to say goodbye. Anyone have
any advice for me?
Thanks in advance,
Jen
Half the people you know are below average. -Steven Wright

notbob

On 2004-04-11, JLove98905 > wrote:

> any advice for me?
> Thanks in advance,

Been there, done that. Have it dry cleaned. It's the only way.

nb
PENMART01

>sqwertz spurts:
>
>>(JLove98905) wrote:
>>
>>I managed to get a big plop of hollandaise sauce on a solid blue shirt. I
>>immediately put some Lestoil on it and let it sit for a day or two before I
>>washed it. Lestoil gets out the vast majority of oily stains like this, but

>one
>>washer and dryer cycle later, I've still got an oily blot on my shirt. This

>is
>>an old, old favorite shirt, and I'm not prepared to say goodbye. Anyone have
>>any advice for me?

>Shout It Out.

Sounds like between shifts yer 25¢ whoring momma gets plenty practice washing
the *** stains outta yer PJs.

Hollandaise sauce, yeah, right!

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha. . . .

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

Rona Yuthasastrakosol

"notbob" > wrote in message

> Been there, done that. Have it dry cleaned. It's the only way.
>
> nb

It may be too late for dry-cleaning since she has already tried to wash it,
though. Certain stains, once they've been treated with water, will not come
out with dry-cleaning.

One can find a number of home remedies for stains. Maybe you (Jen, not
Bob--hee, hee) could try one of them. If all else fails, use the shirt for
sleeping or, even better, dye it a darker colour. With luck the stain won't
be as visible and you can still wear the shirt.

rona

--
"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and they will
**** upon your computer."

Witchy Way

GOOP works wonders. it costs 99 cents at walmart in the automtive dept.
very very gentle product. i'm a slob. i use it on my blouses

**When I was young we used to go 'skinny dipping'. Now I just 'chunky
dunk'.

witchy

JLove98905

> Have it dry cleaned. It's the only way.

Will that work even if it's been through the dryer already?

Thanks,
Jen
Half the people you know are below average. -Steven Wright

Julia Altshuler

JLove98905 wrote:
> I managed to get a big plop of hollandaise sauce on a solid blue shirt. I
> immediately put some Lestoil on it and let it sit for a day or two before I
> washed it. Lestoil gets out the vast majority of oily stains like this, but one
> washer and dryer cycle later, I've still got an oily blot on my shirt. This is
> an old, old favorite shirt, and I'm not prepared to say goodbye. Anyone have
> any advice for me?

Make more hollandaise, lots of it. Dip the whole shirt in. Immediately
put Lestoil on the whole thing and let it sit for a day or two. Wash
it. Shirt is now all the same color. Don't laugh. Works.

--Lia

Arri London

JLove98905 wrote:

> I managed to get a big plop of hollandaise sauce on a solid blue shirt. I
> immediately put some Lestoil on it and let it sit for a day or two before I
> washed it. Lestoil gets out the vast majority of oily stains like this, but one
> washer and dryer cycle later, I've still got an oily blot on my shirt. This is
> an old, old favorite shirt, and I'm not prepared to say goodbye. Anyone have
> any advice for me?
> Thanks in advance,
> Jen

First of all, never put a stained item in the dryer after washing until
you are certain the stain has come out. Dry heat can set a lot of
stains.

It might take repeated washings for all the oily stain to come out. Try
any of the prewash sprays/sticks. Try a bar of laundry soap. Try
dishwashing detergent (usually has grease cutters and no bleach).
notbob

On 2004-04-11, JLove98905 > wrote:
>> Have it dry cleaned. It's the only way.

> Will that work even if it's been through the dryer already?

Yes, if it is just a grease stain. If the material has been stained yellow
by the egg yolk, maybe no. I had a brand new insulated sweatshirt in light
gray. It got an olive oil stain on it. I tried Shout and dish detergent
and a couple other things. I washed and dried it twice to no avail. I
finally had it dry cleaned. No trace of stain remains. But, like I said, I
think any stain that color dyes the material will be permenent.

nb

notbob

On 2004-04-11, Steve Wertz > wrote:

> Shout It Out. Works on all oily stains.

Not true. I used the heavy duty Shout and worked it in vigorously. Nada.

nb
hahabogus

Katra > wrote in
:

> an old, old favorite shirt, and I'm not prepared to say goodbye.
> Anyone have

waterless hand cleaner will sometimes remove a oily stain....test a corner
first. Yes it is made from oil, but a easier to remove oil.

--
Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food
and water.
PENMART01

>> Katra wrote:

>> > Dish soap has worked well for me for stuff like this.

>> Dawn is recommended as a great grease cutter.

>Ajax dish soap is even better. ;-)
>I just switched from Dawn to Ajax on the advice of a good friend, and
>she was right.
>
>It's also less expensive.

Ajax is Palmolive, only instead of green it's blue. Dawn is a Proctor & Gamble
product, but is not any different from the C-P product... any difference is in
your imaginations... buy whichever is on sale.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

notbob

On 2004-04-12, Steve Wertz > wrote:

> I noticed last night that I'm using Spray-n-Wash, "formulated for
> oily stains".

"formulated for" and "removes" are two completely different things.
Besides, I tried that too. Didn't work. Hey, I tried it all; soap,
detergent, alcohol, Shout, SnW, cold water/drip dry, hot water/drip dry,
TSP, coin-op car wash, hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, prayer, lemon juice,
oxy-whatever, voo-doo, lye, vinegar, scientology, etc, etc.... none of it
worked! I maybe shoulda' tried lighter fluid, which is naptha, which is
basically what dry cleaners use. But, who the heck still has a can of
Ronson lighter fluid laying around the house? No, wait ...OHMYGOD!... geez,
I do still have a can. (time to do some serious garage cleaning

Botom line: dry cleaning worked.

nb
Arri London

notbob wrote:

> On 2004-04-12, Steve Wertz > wrote:
>
> > I noticed last night that I'm using Spray-n-Wash, "formulated for
> > oily stains".

> "formulated for" and "removes" are two completely different things.
> Besides, I tried that too. Didn't work. Hey, I tried it all; soap,
> detergent, alcohol, Shout, SnW, cold water/drip dry, hot water/drip dry,
> TSP, coin-op car wash, hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, prayer, lemon juice,
> oxy-whatever, voo-doo, lye, vinegar, scientology, etc, etc.... none of it
> worked! I maybe shoulda' tried lighter fluid, which is naptha, which is
> basically what dry cleaners use. But, who the heck still has a can of
> Ronson lighter fluid laying around the house? No, wait ...OHMYGOD!... geez,
> I do still have a can. (time to do some serious garage cleaning
>
> Botom line: dry cleaning worked.

Glad to hear it. And yes we always have lighter fluid around the house.
For that and many other purposes. It is cheap and maybe a little safer
than the dry cleaning fluids normally used. It removes adhesive left
over from tape, the roofing cement I'm working with, some types of
marker inks etc etc. It's very cheap and a can of it lasts a long time.

> nb

sticks

Simple Green works for me.

Hugs
Sticks

sf

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 03:05:02 GMT, MisNomer
> wrote:

> I am surpised about the drycleaning ... but I find that just a bar of ivory soap
> works with "edible grease" stains, ie pizza grease etc. even on silk one has to
> rub though.
>
> take care
> Liz

<snip>
> >Botom line: dry cleaning worked.
> >
> >nb

Why are you surprised? My grease stains come from cooking,
not eating. Soap, detergent, degreasers etc don't work - so
it's dry clean or kiss it good bye.