Tw

Default recipe calling for regular white flour

I will be fixing easter dessert this year calling for all purpose white
flour.
I have a small bag of unbleached white flour on hand and was wondering
if I could go ahead and use this instead of buying bag of white flour
which would end up getting throwed out as we don't use regular white
flour maybe once or twice a year.
TIA

Scott Taylor

"Tw" > wrote in message
> I will be fixing easter dessert this year calling for all purpose white
> flour.
> I have a small bag of unbleached white flour on hand and was wondering
> if I could go ahead and use this instead of buying bag of white flour
> which would end up getting throwed out as we don't use regular white
> flour maybe once or twice a year.
> TIA

Go ahead and use your unbleached flour, it'll be fine.

-Scott

Bob (this one)

Tw wrote:

> I will be fixing easter dessert this year calling for all purpose white
> flour.
> I have a small bag of unbleached white flour on hand and was wondering
> if I could go ahead and use this instead of buying bag of white flour
> which would end up getting throwed out as we don't use regular white
> flour maybe once or twice a year.

They're probably the same thing unless the unbleached has other words
in its description. It should have a secondary description of what
kind of flour it is, like "bread flour" or "pastry flour" or the
like. All-purpose can be either bleached or unbleached.

Pastorio

WardNA

Unbleached white flour IS regular white flour.
HiTech RedNeck

"Tw" > wrote in message
> I will be fixing easter dessert this year calling for all purpose white
> flour.
> I have a small bag of unbleached white flour on hand and was wondering
> if I could go ahead and use this instead of buying bag of white flour
> which would end up getting throwed out as we don't use regular white
> flour maybe once or twice a year.
> TIA

Is the dessert supposed to come out really snowy white? No colored
ingredients not even egg yolks or vanilla extract (except clear)? If so,
splurge and get the bleached stuff. It'll make a small amount of difference
in the looks plus it'll be fresh.

Bob (this one)

HiTech RedNeck wrote:
> "Tw" > wrote in message
>
>>I will be fixing easter dessert this year calling for all purpose white
>>flour.
>>I have a small bag of unbleached white flour on hand and was wondering
>>if I could go ahead and use this instead of buying bag of white flour
>>which would end up getting throwed out as we don't use regular white
>>flour maybe once or twice a year.
>>TIA

> Is the dessert supposed to come out really snowy white? No colored
> ingredients not even egg yolks or vanilla extract (except clear)? If so,
> splurge and get the bleached stuff. It'll make a small amount of difference
> in the looks plus it'll be fresh.

Bleaching flour isn't to whiten it. It's to simulate the effects of
aging. Freshly milled flour isn't as good as either aged or bleached
flour.

Pastorio