Matthew Hennig

OrangeDood > wrote in
:

> If you want me to go on arguing, you'll have to pay for another
> five minutes, Tony Rice >!
>
>> Kate Connally > wrote in
>> :
>>
>>> I prefer to make my own from a clone recipe. It tastes
>>> just like the real thing that you get at the Skyline
>>> stores in Cinn. Actually, I like the texture slightly
>>> better.

>> Care to share?

> It's pretty easy. Wait til one of the cats gets diarrhea. Then just
> follow it around with a plastic baggy and wait for it to make with
> the #2 action. Voila, dinner.

Why must you debase cat turds like this?

MH

--
Ten of Spades
Aggee Fedayeen Chief

"We just got outplayed today. That's the bottom line. And we got
outcoached."
- OU Head Coach Bob Stoops following the Texas A&M game, Nov 9, 2002
OrangeDood

Matthew Hennig wrote:
> OrangeDood > wrote:
> > If you want me to go on arguing, you'll have to pay for another
> > five minutes, Tony Rice >!

> >> Care to share?

> > It's pretty easy. Wait til one of the cats gets diarrhea. Then just

> > follow it around with a plastic baggy and wait for it to make with
> > the #2 action. Voila, dinner.

> Why must you debase cat turds like this?

Fred said it was OK.

Cheers,
--Jeff

Kate Connally

Tony Rice wrote:

> Kate Connally > wrote in :
>
> > I prefer to make my own from a clone recipe. It tastes
> > just like the real thing that you get at the Skyline
> > stores in Cinn. Actually, I like the texture slightly
> > better.

> Care to share?

I've posted this before. Plus I think I got it from
one of the newsgroups - not sure. As far as I'm concerned
the only way to eat it is 5-way so I just put the beans in
when I make it - saves dirtying another pot.

Kate

QUEEN OF CHILIS
(Cincinnati-style Chili)

3 onions
1 lb. ground chuck
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup barbeque sauce (I used K.C. Masterpiece)
1 cup water
1 tbsp. chili powder
1 tsp. black pepper
1/2 oz. unsweetened chocolate, grated
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. turmeric
1/2 tsp. allspice
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. ground coriander
1/4 tsp. ground cardamom
1 tsp. salt
tomato juice, as needed
9 oz. spaghetti, cooked and buttered
1 16-oz. can kidney beans, heated
1 lb. Cheddar cheese, shredded
oyster crackers

Chop 2 of the onions and set aside. Chop remaining onion fine. Salt a
large skillet. Turn heat to medium and add meat, finely chopped onion,
and garlic. Break up meat with fork and cook until it is browned.
Drain fat. Add barbeque sauce and water. Bring to a boil. Add
remaining seasonings. Cover and simmer over very low heat 30 minutes,
stirring and tasting occasionally, adding tomato juice if mixture is
getting too dry. Chili is best when allowed to age overnight in
refrigerator and reheated.

To construct the plate of 5-way chili, layer spaghetti on a plate (a
small oval plate is traditional), top it with hot chili, then with a
sparse layer of beans, then chopped onions. Pat on plenty of cheese
while chili is still hot and serve immediately, with oyster crackers on
the side. Serves 4.

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Andrew Smith

"Kate Connally" > wrote in message
> Tony Rice wrote:
>>
>> Kate Connally > wrote in
>> :
>>
>> > I prefer to make my own from a clone recipe. It tastes
>> > just like the real thing that you get at the Skyline
>> > stores in Cinn. Actually, I like the texture slightly
>> > better.

>> Care to share?

> I've posted this before. Plus I think I got it from
> one of the newsgroups - not sure. As far as I'm concerned
> the only way to eat it is 5-way so I just put the beans in
> when I make it - saves dirtying another pot.
>
> Kate
>
> QUEEN OF CHILIS
> (Cincinnati-style Chili)
>
> 3 onions

good

> 1 lb. ground chuck

good

> 2 garlic cloves, minced

good

> 1 cup barbeque sauce (I used K.C. Masterpiece)

hmmmmm

> 1 cup water

good

> 1 tbsp. chili powder

good

> 1 tsp. black pepper

good

> 1/2 oz. unsweetened chocolate, grated

(typo? printer error?)

> 1/2 tsp. ground cumin

good

> 1/2 tsp. turmeric

good

> 1/2 tsp. allspice

good

> 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
> 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
> 1/4 tsp. ground coriander
> 1/4 tsp. ground cardamom
> 1 tsp. salt
> tomato juice, as needed
> 9 oz. spaghetti, cooked and buttered

WHAT THE HECK IS THIS?!?!?!

WE DON'T JOKE ABOUT CHILI AROUND HERE!

a.

OrangeDood

Andrew Smith wrote:
> > 9 oz. spaghetti, cooked and buttered

> WHAT THE HECK IS THIS?!?!?!
>
> WE DON'T JOKE ABOUT CHILI AROUND HERE!

There's a special place in hell for such blasphemers.

Cheers,
--Jeff

Bryan S. Slick

[OrangeDood )]
[18 Apr 2005 20:01:33 -0700]

:
:Andrew Smith wrote:
:> > 9 oz. spaghetti, cooked and buttered
:>
:> WHAT THE HECK IS THIS?!?!?!
:>
:> WE DON'T JOKE ABOUT CHILI AROUND HERE!
:
:There's a special place in hell for such blasphemers.

Yeah.. it's called "Cincinnati".

--
Bryan S. Slick, onyx_hokie at yahoo dot com

"There ain't nothing wrong a few cold beers can't iron out
in fact, you tell me just when and where, and I'll buy the first round"

[Terri Clark, "I Think The World Needs a Drink"]
Matthew Hennig

Bryan S. Slick > wrote in
:

> [OrangeDood )]
> [18 Apr 2005 20:01:33 -0700]
>
>:
>:Andrew Smith wrote:
>:> > 9 oz. spaghetti, cooked and buttered
>:>
>:> WHAT THE HECK IS THIS?!?!?!
>:>
>:> WE DON'T JOKE ABOUT CHILI AROUND HERE!
>:
>:There's a special place in hell for such blasphemers.
>
> Yeah.. it's called "Cincinnati".

Ok, that was just meen.

MH

- OU Head Coach Bob Stoops following the Texas A&M game, Nov 9, 2002
Bryan S. Slick

[Matthew Hennig )]
[Mon, 18 Apr 2005 23:51:16 -0500]

:Bryan S. Slick > wrote in
:
:
:> [OrangeDood )]
:> [18 Apr 2005 20:01:33 -0700]
:>
:>:
:>:Andrew Smith wrote:
:>:> > 9 oz. spaghetti, cooked and buttered
:>:>
:>:> WHAT THE HECK IS THIS?!?!?!
:>:>
:>:
:>:There's a special place in hell for such blasphemers.
:>
:> Yeah.. it's called "Cincinnati".
:
:Ok, that was just meen.
:
:MH

It was meen, but it was not rong.

--
Bryan S. Slick, onyx_hokie at yahoo dot com

"There ain't nothing wrong a few cold beers can't iron out
in fact, you tell me just when and where, and I'll buy the first round"

[Terri Clark, "I Think The World Needs a Drink"]
Frisbee®

Bryan S. Slick wrote:
> [Matthew Hennig )]
> [Mon, 18 Apr 2005 23:51:16 -0500]
>
>> Bryan S. Slick > wrote in
>> :
>>
>>> [OrangeDood )]
>>> [18 Apr 2005 20:01:33 -0700]

>>> Yeah.. it's called "Cincinnati".

>> Ok, that was just meen.
>>
>> MH

> It was meen, but it was not rong.

If lovin' CSC is rong, I donut wanna be rite.

Tony Rice

"Andrew Smith" > wrote in news:61_8e.11953
:

>> 1/2 oz. unsweetened chocolate, grated

> (typo? printer error?)

every recipe I've seen for Cincy Chili includes this.
Matthew Hennig

Tony Rice > wrote in news:Xns963D99703AA5Ajkl123iop@
216.196.97.131:

> "Andrew Smith" > wrote in news:61_8e.11953
> :
>
>>> 1/2 oz. unsweetened chocolate, grated

>> (typo? printer error?)

> every recipe I've seen for Cincy Chili includes this.

There's the whole problem with the word chili in the above words.

MH

- OU Head Coach Bob Stoops following the Texas A&M game, Nov 9, 2002
Andrew Smith

"Tony Rice" > wrote in message
> "Andrew Smith" > wrote in news:61_8e.11953
> :
>
>>> 1/2 oz. unsweetened chocolate, grated

>> (typo? printer error?)

> every recipe I've seen for Cincy Chili includes this.

chili <> chocolate

a.

Andrew Smith

"Tony Rice" > wrote in message
> Matthew Hennig > wrote in
> :
>
>>> every recipe I've seen for Cincy Chili includes this.

>> There's the whole problem with the word chili in the above words.

> fine, come up with another word than chili if it makes you feel better.
>
> It's a great big world out there you know.

How about we call it monkey brains?

After all, it's just like monkey brains, except for the ingredients that are
[un]common to monkey brains.

a.

Robert Klute

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 21:47:03 GMT, "Andrew Smith"
> wrote:

>chili <> chocolate

Matter of opinion, which you are welcome to. However, the recipe for
Cincinnati chili is over 80 years old. Also, chocolate is an acceptable
ingredient in Mexican savory cooking - Mole Pablano de Guajolote, for
example - where it is used for a similar purpose, as a thickening agent.

So, while it may not be Texas chili, it does have a pedigree. Besides,
the only REAL travesty one can do to chili is put beans in it.

Charles Gifford

"Robert Klute" >
<snip>
> So, while it may not be Texas chili, it does have a pedigree. Besides,
> the only REAL travesty one can do to chili is put beans in it.

Or tomatoes if it is Texas chili!

Charliam

skyline Somebody General Cooking 0 05-10-2012 01:35 PM
Brisbane skyline, and Southbank, and Stanley's Cafe Aussie1 General Cooking 0 13-12-2010 10:07 PM
Skyline Chili aka Cinncinati Chili becki Recipes (moderated) 0 06-07-2007 04:25 AM
Speaking of Chili, anybody got a Chili con Carne recipe featuring smoked brisket? Chef Juke Barbecue 3 18-08-2006 07:00 PM