Old 14-04-2005, 09:11 PM
Joel K. 'Jay' Furr

Default Skyline Chili

OK. Against my better judgment, I just had a can of Skyline Chili, with
kidney beans, served over spaghetti, with shredded cheddar. It wasn't that
bad. But, unfortunately, it's now 100% certain that as a result of my
actions the Bearcats will not win a single game in this, their inaugural
season in the Big East.

--
(__) (__) (__) (__)(__) (__) (__)(__)(__) (__)
(oo(__)oo) (__)o) (oo)((__)(__)oo) (__)(o(__)o)(__)o)(__)

Old 14-04-2005, 09:25 PM
Tony Rice

"Joel K. 'Jay' Furr" wrote in
:

OK. Against my better judgment, I just had a can of Skyline Chili,
with kidney beans, served over spaghetti, with shredded cheddar. It
wasn't that bad. But, unfortunately, it's now 100% certain that as a
result of my actions the Bearcats will not win a single game in this,
their inaugural season in the Big East.

I prefer the frozen version. Can only find it at Kroger 'round here.
Old 14-04-2005, 09:57 PM
Frisbee®

Joel K. 'Jay' Furr wrote:
OK. Against my better judgment, I just had a can of Skyline Chili,
with kidney beans, served over spaghetti, with shredded cheddar. It
wasn't that bad. But, unfortunately, it's now 100% certain that as
a result of my actions the Bearcats will not win a single game in
this, their inaugural season in the Big East.

I'd be willing to take that risk.

Please send me a can or twenty ASAP
Old 14-04-2005, 10:08 PM
Matthew Hennig

"Joel K. 'Jay' Furr" wrote in
:

OK. Against my better judgment, I just had a can of Skyline Chili,
with kidney beans, served over spaghetti, with shredded cheddar. It
wasn't that bad. But, unfortunately, it's now 100% certain that as a
result of my actions the Bearcats will not win a single game in this,
their inaugural season in the Big East.

Please to not be referring that vile concoction as chili. Call spaghetti
sauce what it really is.

MH

--
Ten of Spades
Aggee Fedayeen Chief

"We just got outplayed today. That's the bottom line. And we got
outcoached."
- OU Head Coach Bob Stoops following the Texas A&M game, Nov 9, 2002
Old 14-04-2005, 11:15 PM
Charles Gifford

"Matthew Hennig"
Please to not be referring that vile concoction as chili. Call spaghetti
sauce what it really is.

MH

Utter nonsense. It certainly is not vile if one likes it....as I do. It
isn't called chili, It is called Cincinnati Chili. It makes all the
difference. A rival to Skyline is Empress. Here is a recipe for Empress
Cincinnati Chili.

Charliam

EMPRESS CHILI
Cincinnati Style

Recipe by: Empress Diner, Cincinnati, OH, from the Boston Globe
Posted by Felice Friese, rfc, 30OCT02

1 lb. ground beef
2 cups water (or less)
1 garlic clove, whole
1 onion, diced
dash Worcestershire sauce
1/2 can tomato paste
1.5 tsp. vinegar
3/4 tsp. allspice
1 bay leaf
1/4 tsp. cayenne
1.5 tbs. chili powder, or to taste
1/4 to 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. cumin
3/4 tsp. black pepper
2 tsp. salt

Options for 3,4, and 5 way chili

spaghetti, broken and cooked
Cheddar cheese, grated
chopped onions, optional
oyster crackers, optional

Crumble meat into water and add all other ingredients. Simmer at least 1
hour or up to 3 hours. Remove bay leaf and garlic clove. Serve over broken
up spaghetti with grated Cheddar cheese on top. Optional additions, chopped
onions and oyster crackers.

Old 14-04-2005, 11:30 PM
Matthew Hennig

"Charles Gifford" wrote in
ink.net:

"Matthew Hennig"
[...]

The word chili should never be used in this context. It's an insult to
real chili everywhere.

MH

- OU Head Coach Bob Stoops following the Texas A&M game, Nov 9, 2002
Old 14-04-2005, 11:45 PM
Daniel Seriff

And has thou slain the Jabberwock, Joel K. 'Jay' Furr?

OK. Against my better judgment, I just had a can of Skyline Chili, with
kidney beans, served over spaghetti, with shredded cheddar. It wasn't that
bad. But, unfortunately, it's now 100% certain that as a result of my
actions the Bearcats will not win a single game in this, their inaugural
season in the Big East.

Dude, even a squit team like Cincy can win a game in the Big East.

--
Daniel Seriff

I'm scheming. This is my scheming face. First I raise this eyebrow, then I
raise the other eyebrow.

Old 15-04-2005, 12:37 AM
Ralph Kennedy

"Charles Gifford" writes:
"Matthew Hennig"
[...]

When I went to Cincinnati to visit my sister,
I told her to get that vile crap out of my face
and to never serve it to me again if she ever
wanted her son and daughter's uncle to be more
than just a dim memory to them.

--Ralph Kennedy {ames,gatech,husc6,rutgers}!ncar!noao!asuvax!kenne dy
{allegra,decvax,ihnp4,oddjob}--^
^---------------The Wrong Choice
internet:
Old 15-04-2005, 01:14 AM
Bill Lang

You want an explanation, Tony Rice? Here's your explanation. God
is ****ed.

"Joel K. 'Jay' Furr" wrote in
:

OK. Against my better judgment, I just had a can of Skyline
Chili, with kidney beans, served over spaghetti, with shredded
cheddar. It wasn't that bad. But, unfortunately, it's now
100% certain that as a result of my actions the Bearcats will
not win a single game in this, their inaugural season in the
Big East.

I prefer the frozen version. Can only find it at Kroger 'round
here.

I confess to buying Skyline at Kroger also. Not bad, not good. Not
quite as good as what you can get at a Skyline store.

--
mutt

"By the unwinking red eye of Ra."
Old 15-04-2005, 01:30 AM
OrangeDood

If you want me to go on arguing, you'll have to pay for another
five minutes, Tony Rice !

OK. Against my better judgment, I just had a can of Skyline
Chili, with kidney beans, served over spaghetti, with shredded
cheddar. It wasn't that bad. But, unfortunately, it's now
100% certain that as a result of my actions the Bearcats will
not win a single game in this, their inaugural season in the
Big East.

I prefer the frozen version. Can only find it at Kroger 'round
here.

Do they have frozen Dalmation Poop there too?

--
Cheers,
--Jeff

"Well, look at these morose mother****ers right here...
Looks like somebody shit in their cereal... Bong!"
-Holden McNeil

Old 15-04-2005, 03:49 AM
AlleyGator

"Joel K. 'Jay' Furr" wrote:

OK. Against my better judgment, I just had a can of Skyline Chili, with
kidney beans, served over spaghetti, with shredded cheddar. It wasn't that
bad. But, unfortunately, it's now 100% certain that as a result of my
actions the Bearcats will not win a single game in this, their inaugural
season in the Big East.

No, don't take it so hard. There's always hope, ya know G. And a
good can of Skyline never killed anybody (uh, probably, that is).
Old 15-04-2005, 04:36 AM
Bill Lang

You want an explanation, OrangeDood? Here's your explanation. God
is ****ed.

If you want me to go on arguing, you'll have to pay for another
five minutes, Bill Lang !

I confess to buying Skyline at Kroger also. Not bad, not good.
Not quite as good as what you can get at a Skyline store.

You have an er uh interesting definition of "good"

Yer prolly just a Goldstar kind of guy.

I might have some Cincinatti Spasketti this weekend.

Old 15-04-2005, 04:48 AM
Andrew Smith

"Charles Gifford" wrote in message
ink.net...

1 lb. ground beef

Crumble meat into water

If you're going to use the American Internet, don't ever mention boiling
beef again.

a.

Old 15-04-2005, 05:08 AM
Bill Lang

You want an explanation, OrangeDood? Here's your explanation.
God is ****ed.

If you want me to go on arguing, you'll have to pay for another
five minutes, Bill Lang !

I confess to buying Skyline at Kroger also. Not bad, not
good. Not quite as good as what you can get at a Skyline
store.

You have an er uh interesting definition of "good"

Yer prolly just a Goldstar kind of guy.

Let me just say this about that: "No."

I might have some Cincinatti Spasketti this weekend.

Well, they'll be lighting their farts again this weekend in the
Lang household.

We don't so that anymore after setting the dog's tail on fire.

Old 15-04-2005, 05:14 AM
Bryan S. Slick

[Bill Lang )]
[Fri, 15 Apr 2005 04:08:43 GMT]

:You want an explanation, OrangeDood? Here's your explanation.
:God is ****ed.
:
: If you want me to go on arguing, you'll have to pay for another
: five minutes, Bill Lang !
:
: I confess to buying Skyline at Kroger also. Not bad, not
: good. Not quite as good as what you can get at a Skyline
: store.
:
: You have an er uh interesting definition of "good"
:
: Yer prolly just a Goldstar kind of guy.
:
: Let me just say this about that: "No."
:
: I might have some Cincinatti Spasketti this weekend.
:
: Well, they'll be lighting their farts again this weekend in the
: Lang household.
:
:
:We don't so that anymore after setting the dog's tail on fire.

I don't think he's kiddin'. ($1 Bill Engvall)

--
Bryan S. Slick, onyx_hokie at yahoo dot com

"There ain't nothing wrong a few cold beers can't iron out
in fact, you tell me just when and where, and I'll buy the first round"

[Terri Clark, "I Think The World Needs a Drink"]

skyline Somebody General Cooking 0 05-10-2012 01:35 PM
Brisbane skyline, and Southbank, and Stanley's Cafe Aussie1 General Cooking 0 13-12-2010 09:07 PM
Skyline Chili aka Cinncinati Chili becki Recipes (moderated) 0 06-07-2007 04:25 AM
Speaking of Chili, anybody got a Chili con Carne recipe featuring smoked brisket? Chef Juke Barbecue 3 18-08-2006 07:00 PM