biig

Default Supper tonight..Porchetta

Found it at the grocery store today. I thought it would be nice to
do a roast that I could just "put it in the oven" Nicely seasoned, but
the big surprise was that it was wrapped totally in pork rind. A nice,
tender roast, with butter and herb mashed, and fresh steamed broccoli.
Not a bad price, either. 7.46 Cdn money and with the two of us it will
make another full meal and enough left for sandwiches on Sunday.....Has
anyone every seen these roasts? .....Sharon

biig wrote:
> Found it at the grocery store today. I thought it would be nice to
> do a roast that I could just "put it in the oven" Nicely seasoned,

but
> the big surprise was that it was wrapped totally in pork rind. A

nice,
> tender roast, with butter and herb mashed, and fresh steamed

broccoli.
> Not a bad price, either. 7.46 Cdn money and with the two of us it

will
> make another full meal and enough left for sandwiches on

Sunday.....Has
> anyone every seen these roasts? .....Sharon

I've bought porchetta at butcher shops in Tuscany, it's sort of a
spiced pork loin, from memory. Very tender, juicy and full of flavour.
Does that sound like the Canadian porchetta? I roast it in a generous
splash of oilve oil, which takes on the flavour of the pork. Oil is
then served separately, to be soaked up in chunks of fresh local bread.

James

supper tonight hahabogus General Cooking 5 15-07-2007 03:09 PM
supper tonight hahabogus General Cooking 11 30-06-2007 07:15 AM
supper tonight Mr Libido Incognito General Cooking 2 12-02-2007 04:21 AM
Supper tonight MoM General Cooking 9 25-06-2006 09:17 PM
Supper tonight Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 3 13-11-2004 06:19 PM