General Cooking (rec.food.cooking) For general food and cooking discussion. Foods of all kinds, food procurement, cooking methods and techniques, eating, etc.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
Serendipity
 
Posts: n/a
Default Phyllo Dough

How long does it keep in the freezer?
  #2 (permalink)   Report Post  
Dimitri
 
Posts: n/a
Default


"Serendipity" > wrote in message
...
> How long does it keep in the freezer?



http://www.yasou.org/food/phyllo.htm
Filo is sold commercially in 1 pound boxes, each containing 24 to 30 rolled
sheets of pastry. An unopened box of filo will keep in the refrigerator for
several weeks, and several months in the freezer. Look for it in shops in
the frozen foods section.

Dimitri

Personally I would not go more than 6 months.






  #3 (permalink)   Report Post  
Serendipity
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Dimitri wrote:

> "Serendipity" > wrote in message
> ...
>
>>How long does it keep in the freezer?

>
>
>
> http://www.yasou.org/food/phyllo.htm
> Filo is sold commercially in 1 pound boxes, each containing 24 to 30 rolled
> sheets of pastry. An unopened box of filo will keep in the refrigerator for
> several weeks, and several months in the freezer. Look for it in shops in
> the frozen foods section.
>
> Dimitri
>
> Personally I would not go more than 6 months.


Thanks Dimitri. That's what I thought. Somehow a box of phyllo dough
got buried in the freezer. I hate tossing food but this time I will
make and exception.
>
>
>
>
>
>

  #4 (permalink)   Report Post  
Dimitri
 
Posts: n/a
Default


"Serendipity" > wrote in message
...
> Dimitri wrote:
>
>> "Serendipity" > wrote in message
>> ...
>>
>>>How long does it keep in the freezer?

>>
>>
>>
>> http://www.yasou.org/food/phyllo.htm
>> Filo is sold commercially in 1 pound boxes, each containing 24 to 30
>> rolled sheets of pastry. An unopened box of filo will keep in the
>> refrigerator for several weeks, and several months in the freezer. Look
>> for it in shops in the frozen foods section.
>>
>> Dimitri
>>
>> Personally I would not go more than 6 months.

>
> Thanks Dimitri. That's what I thought. Somehow a box of phyllo dough got
> buried in the freezer. I hate tossing food but this time I will make and
> exception.



Don't toss it yet - defrost in the fridge for a few days - if its good (not
dried out) make something.


  #5 (permalink)   Report Post  
bd
 
Posts: n/a
Default

i've heard making this dough is very labor intense, anyone here ever made
it?

brad

"Serendipity" > wrote in message
...
> How long does it keep in the freezer?





  #6 (permalink)   Report Post  
Jessica V.
 
Posts: n/a
Default

bd wrote:
> i've heard making this dough is very labor intense, anyone here ever made
> it?
>
> brad


When I was in junior high school my best friend was Greek. On more than
one occassion we helped her grandmother who was from the old country
make phyllo. I wouldn't say that it is a difficult process but is very
labor intensive. I have not made phyllo since and don't see it in my
future when the frozen is almost as good.

Jessica
>
> "Serendipity" > wrote in message
> ...
>
>>How long does it keep in the freezer?

>
>
>

Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fie on phyllo Kalmia General Cooking 6 14-02-2014 06:09 PM
Phyllo fun notbob General Cooking 16 02-07-2010 02:35 AM
Phyllo cups Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 21 16-11-2006 08:56 PM
Spanakopita & store-bought phyllo dough Dee Randall General Cooking 30 14-12-2005 02:26 AM
Phyllo help Adam Schwartz General Cooking 2 16-11-2003 09:58 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2024 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"