kilikini

Default Q:Cooking Club of America??????????????

I need to ask you guys if you've ever heard of Cooking Club of America. I
got an invitation in the mail yesterday asking if I wanted to join. The
benefits are a monthly magazine with cooking tips and recipes and they
supposedly send you cooking gadgets that you try out. It's $1 a month and
their only (supposedly) requirement is to send the invite in within 10 days
and if they send you an item to try you must fill out some sort of
questionaire.

Has anyone ever tried this? Is it worth the $1 a month?

Note, I am not working for this company and this is not an advertisement for
the company. I'm just asking if anyone here has spent the money and was it
worth it? I know it's only $1 a month, but I'm on an extremely tight
budget. So, on that note..........help me out. Should I do it?

kili

Damsel in dis Dress

"kilikini" >, if that's their real name,
wrote:

>I need to ask you guys if you've ever heard of Cooking Club of America. I
>got an invitation in the mail yesterday asking if I wanted to join. The
>benefits are a monthly magazine with cooking tips and recipes and they
>supposedly send you cooking gadgets that you try out. It's $1 a month and
>their only (supposedly) requirement is to send the invite in within 10 days
>and if they send you an item to try you must fill out some sort of
>questionaire.
>
>Has anyone ever tried this? Is it worth the $1 a month?
>
>Note, I am not working for this company and this is not an advertisement for
>the company. I'm just asking if anyone here has spent the money and was it
>worth it? I know it's only $1 a month, but I'm on an extremely tight
>budget. So, on that note..........help me out. Should I do it?

I just googled the company within the RFC group.
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.food.cooking

A few people seemed happy with it, but more were disappointed or felt
downright cheated. Google is your friend ... check it out. Based on what
I've read, I'd never join, but that's just me.

Carol

Maverick

"kilikini" > wrote in message
m...
>I need to ask you guys if you've ever heard of Cooking Club of America. I
> got an invitation in the mail yesterday asking if I wanted to join. The
> benefits are a monthly magazine with cooking tips and recipes and they
> supposedly send you cooking gadgets that you try out. It's $1 a month and
> their only (supposedly) requirement is to send the invite in within 10
> days
> and if they send you an item to try you must fill out some sort of
> questionaire.
>
> Has anyone ever tried this? Is it worth the $1 a month?
>
> Note, I am not working for this company and this is not an advertisement
> for
> the company. I'm just asking if anyone here has spent the money and was
> it
> worth it? I know it's only $1 a month, but I'm on an extremely tight
> budget. So, on that note..........help me out. Should I do it?
>
> kili

The wife has belonged to it for a couple of years now. We've yet to have
them send us any items to test out yet but then, you have to send in a card
or something from the monthly magazine. But, I like the magazine. They
have some good tips and recipes. So, for a buck or two a month, I get a
magazine with some good tips and recipes.

That's just my opinion.

Bret

Terrel

>I need to ask you guys if you've ever heard of Cooking Club of America.
> <snip>
>Has anyone ever tried this? Is it worth the $1 a month?
> --------------------------

I've been a member for a couple of years now. I enjoy the monthly
magazine they send. Each issue has some good recipes, interesting
articles, and useful hints/tips.

The kitchen gadgets they sent when I first subscribed were of a decent
quality, and I use them sometimes.

They have monthly contests for kitchen items (but I've never won any).

I have received one item to test, which was just a couple of packets
of spices. I haven't received any of their bigger-tickets items to
test, but who knows, maybe one day.

I like the magazine enough that the magazine alone is worth the yearly
subscription price to me.

Terrel
--
Spamblocker in address. If you must reply by e-mail,
remove the last three letters of the alphabet and .invalid
Rick & Cyndi

"Terrel" > wrote in message
> >I need to ask you guys if you've ever heard of Cooking Club of America.
>> <snip>
>>Has anyone ever tried this? Is it worth the $1 a month?
>> --------------------------

> I've been a member for a couple of years now. I enjoy the monthly
> magazine they send. Each issue has some good recipes, interesting
> articles, and useful hints/tips.
>
> The kitchen gadgets they sent when I first subscribed were of a decent
> quality, and I use them sometimes.
>
> They have monthly contests for kitchen items (but I've never won any).
>
> I have received one item to test, which was just a couple of packets
> of spices. I haven't received any of their bigger-tickets items to
> test, but who knows, maybe one day.
>
> I like the magazine enough that the magazine alone is worth the yearly
> subscription price to me.
>
> Terrel
> ===============

I've been a Lifetime member for several years. I like them! I've
tested/eaten a few cool things and I really like the magazine. My Chocolate
Zucchini Loaf recipe started out as one of theirs until I further doctored
it. It was wonder to begin with but I felt the need to do the oil/banana
thing, etc.

Cyndi
When in doubt - DO IT!

kilikini

Rick & Cyndi wrote:
> "Terrel" > wrote in message
>>> I need to ask you guys if you've ever heard of Cooking Club of
>>> America. <snip>
>>> Has anyone ever tried this? Is it worth the $1 a month?
>>> --------------------------

>> I've been a member for a couple of years now. I enjoy the monthly
>> magazine they send. Each issue has some good recipes, interesting
>> articles, and useful hints/tips.
>>
>> The kitchen gadgets they sent when I first subscribed were of a
>> decent quality, and I use them sometimes.
>>
>> They have monthly contests for kitchen items (but I've never won
>> any).
>>
>> I have received one item to test, which was just a couple of packets
>> of spices. I haven't received any of their bigger-tickets items to
>> test, but who knows, maybe one day.
>>
>> I like the magazine enough that the magazine alone is worth the
>> yearly subscription price to me.
>>
>> Terrel
>> ===============

> I've been a Lifetime member for several years. I like them! I've
> tested/eaten a few cool things and I really like the magazine. My
> Chocolate Zucchini Loaf recipe started out as one of theirs until I
> further doctored it. It was wonder to begin with but I felt the need
> to do the oil/banana thing, etc.
>
> Cyndi
> When in doubt - DO IT!

That's what I figured, the $12 was probably worth the magazine alone. I
sent my subscription in. We'll see what happens.

Thanks all!

kili