bobjean

Default Feijoas in the UK?

Dear all,

Have been in the UK for 3 months now and no-one has heard of feijoas.
Anyone out there, UK based, who knows where I can get some?

Thanks so much

Cheers

zxcvbob

bobjean wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Have been in the UK for 3 months now and no-one has heard of feijoas.
> Anyone out there, UK based, who knows where I can get some?
>
> Thanks so much
>
> Cheers

They may know them as "guavas" (specifically, pineapple guava.) Good luck.

Bob
Rick & Cyndi

"zxcvbob" > wrote in message
> bobjean wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> Have been in the UK for 3 months now and no-one has heard of feijoas.
>> Anyone out there, UK based, who knows where I can get some?
>>
>> Thanks so much
>>
>> Cheers
>>

> They may know them as "guavas" (specifically, pineapple guava.) Good
> luck.
>
> Bob

===============

I adore guavas!! My dream is to buy another chunk around here (central
Florida) so I can grow a bunch of messy fruits! Seriously. Avocado,
guavas, lemons, tangerine, and maybe a red grapefruit or two! Oooh, maybe I
could do a mango, too!! Yeah, baby!

Cyndi

bobjean

Thanks so much, that really helps. I've looked on the web and it seems
I could buy as a plant - next stop is the local farmers market for the
actual fruit. I'm sure I won't get so many strange looks now

Cheers

Arri London

bobjean wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Have been in the UK for 3 months now and no-one has heard of feijoas.
> Anyone out there, UK based, who knows where I can get some?
>
> Thanks so much
>
> Cheers

If you are in London or any of the larger cities, any of the Caribbean
markets will have them.

Frenchy

"bobjean" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Dear all,
>
> Have been in the UK for 3 months now and no-one has heard of feijoas.
> Anyone out there, UK based, who knows where I can get some?
>
> Thanks so much
>
> Cheers

Always thought they were a New Zealand Fruit

http://www.crfg.org/pubs/ff/feijoa.html

Seems they are South American

Frenchy