Hahabogus

Default LC-REC Mayonnaise

I've made mayonnaise successfully for years, following this method.
But first:

Mayonnaise

1 egg, room temperature
1 1/2 tsp. Fresh lime juice (I use juice and zest from 1/2 lime)
1/2 tsp. dry mustard powder(I use dijon grainy mustard 1 tbsp)
3/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup canola oil. (1 cup)
1 pkg prefered sweetner equal to 2 tsps sugar)

In a glass jar (I use a peanut butter jar) that is wide enough for the
blender
to fit through put, In the Order given

Put stick blender down to the bottom of the jar (WITHOUT turning it on.)
Then start it and, rocking side to side, slowly pull it up to the top.
Voila! Fresh mayo with the most wonderful taste, in about 6 or 7 seconds.

~~**I also add 1/2 pkg of sweetener and fresh ground pepper(to taste)**~~

(full disclosure) There are always many cautions about using fresh,
uncooked
eggs. I do. You do what you think is best.

**Don't use olive oil. You probably won't like the flavor, if you are
used to
American mayonnaise. And I don't like the texture, either. . I recommend
canola oil.

**Egg should be close to room temperature. (I put a cold egg in a cup of
hot
water while I gather the other ingredients.)

** You must use "fresh" lime juice. (or lemon).
Enjoy,

Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 5.6mmol or 101mg/dl
Continuing to be Manitoban