Gregory Morrow

Default Food Dreams...

A whiles back I had a dream that I was biking down the main street of my
rural home town and the street was lined with tomato "trees" that were
simply bulging with green tomatoes. I've no idea what triggered it. I like
green tomatoes but have never been obsessed by them in any way or been
traumatised by them ;-)

AFAIK it's the first time I remember food being in one of my dreams...

You...???

--
Best
Greg

Sheldon

Gregory Morrow wrote:
> A whiles back I had a dream that I was biking down the main street of

my
> rural home town and the street was lined with tomato "trees" that

were
> simply bulging with green tomatoes. I've no idea what triggered it.

I like
> green tomatoes but have never been obsessed by them in any way or

been
> traumatised by them ;-)
>
> AFAIK it's the first time I remember food being in one of my

dreams...

> You...???

Breast milk.... sweet dreams.

Who else. . .

Lynn from Fargo

I have a recurring dream (several times a year) that I am at a banquet
or reception of some kind and there are big beautiful buffet table(s).

The problem is, no matter how hard I try I never get to eat anything.
Sometimes I am literally reaching for a piece of food and someone comes
and takes me by the elbow and steers me away from the buffet saying
something like "You must see or meet or. . ."

I interpret this to mean I ain't getting anything at the Banquet of
Life.

Lynn from Fargo
Ask me about my Cassandra dream sometime!

Damsel

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 18:39:19 GMT, "Gregory Morrow"
<gregorymorrowEMERGENCYCANCELLATIONARCHIMEDES@eart hlink.net> wrote:

>A whiles back I had a dream that I was biking down the main street of my
>rural home town and the street was lined with tomato "trees" that were
>simply bulging with green tomatoes. I've no idea what triggered it. I like
>green tomatoes but have never been obsessed by them in any way or been
>traumatised by them ;-)
>
>AFAIK it's the first time I remember food being in one of my dreams...
>
>You...???

When I close my eyes to go to sleep, I see bananas. Never actually dream
about them, though. It's probably Freudian.

Carol

Amarantha

"Gregory Morrow"
<gregorymorrowEMERGENCYCANCELLATIONARCHIMEDES@eart hlink.net> wrote in
nk.net:

> A whiles back I had a dream that I was biking down the main street of
> my rural home town and the street was lined with tomato "trees" that
> were simply bulging with green tomatoes. I've no idea what triggered
> it. I like green tomatoes but have never been obsessed by them in any
> way or been traumatised by them ;-)
>
> AFAIK it's the first time I remember food being in one of my dreams...
>
> You...???

I once spent a couple of weeks picking raspberries. Whenever I closed my
eyes (including to sleep) I saw a cluster of them. From a distance, plants
look quite random in shape, but I discovered through intimate familiarity
that all the raspberry clusters were identical.

nil illegitimi carborundum

Bob

Greg wrote:

> A whiles back I had a dream that I was biking down the main street of my
> rural home town and the street was lined with tomato "trees" that were
> simply bulging with green tomatoes. I've no idea what triggered it. I
> like green tomatoes but have never been obsessed by them in any way or
> been traumatised by them ;-)
>
> AFAIK it's the first time I remember food being in one of my dreams...
>
> You...???

Okay, since we're all THINKING about this same old joke:

"Last night I dreamed I ate the world's biggest marshmallow. When I woke up,
my pillow was gone."

Bob (I had too much to dream last night)

Rick & Cyndi

"Damsel" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 18:39:19 GMT, "Gregory Morrow"
> <gregorymorrowEMERGENCYCANCELLATIONARCHIMEDES@eart hlink.net> wrote:
>
>>A whiles back I had a dream that I was biking down the main street of my
>>rural home town and the street was lined with tomato "trees" that were
>>simply bulging with green tomatoes. I've no idea what triggered it. I
>>like
>>green tomatoes but have never been obsessed by them in any way or been
>>traumatised by them ;-)
>>
>>AFAIK it's the first time I remember food being in one of my dreams...
>>
>>You...???

> When I close my eyes to go to sleep, I see bananas. Never actually dream
> about them, though. It's probably Freudian.
>
> Carol

====================

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that you are so .... wait for
it.... apPEELing! LOL

Cyndi

Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 30 Jan 2005 11:13:20p, Rick & Cyndi wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "Damsel" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 18:39:19 GMT, "Gregory Morrow"
>> <gregorymorrowEMERGENCYCANCELLATIONARCHIMEDES@eart hlink.net> wrote:
>>
>>>A whiles back I had a dream that I was biking down the main street of
>>>my rural home town and the street was lined with tomato "trees" that
>>>were simply bulging with green tomatoes. I've no idea what triggered
>>>it. I like green tomatoes but have never been obsessed by them in any
>>>way or been traumatised by them ;-)
>>>
>>>AFAIK it's the first time I remember food being in one of my dreams...
>>>
>>>You...???

>> When I close my eyes to go to sleep, I see bananas. Never actually
>> dream about them, though. It's probably Freudian.
>>
>> Carol

> ====================
>
> Maybe it has something to do with the fact that you are so .... wait
> for it.... apPEELing! LOL
>
> Cyndi

It must be that! She certainly isn't yellow and covered with brown
specks. :-)

Wayne

Damsel in dis Dress

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 06:13:20 GMT, "Rick & Cyndi" >
wrote:

>"Damsel" > wrote in message
.. .

>> When I close my eyes to go to sleep, I see bananas. Never actually dream
>> about them, though. It's probably Freudian.

>Maybe it has something to do with the fact that you are so .... wait for
>it.... apPEELing! LOL

Badda-BING!
Damsel in dis Dress

On 31 Jan 2005 06:21:07 GMT, Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

Damsel

>She certainly isn't yellow and covered with brown
>specks. :-)

And you know this how?

Carol

Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 30 Jan 2005 11:27:42p, Damsel in dis Dress wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On 31 Jan 2005 06:21:07 GMT, Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
>
> Damsel
>
>>She certainly isn't yellow and covered with brown specks. :-)

> And you know this how?
>
> Carol

I swore not to tell. ;-)

Wayne
Damsel in dis Dress

On 31 Jan 2005 06:28:58 GMT, Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

>On Sun 30 Jan 2005 11:27:42p, Damsel in dis Dress wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> On 31 Jan 2005 06:21:07 GMT, Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
>>
>> Damsel
>>
>>>She certainly isn't yellow and covered with brown specks. :-)

>> And you know this how?
>>
>> Carol

>I swore not to tell. ;-)
>
>Wayne

You're one evil *******, Wayne, you know that? <G>

Carol

-L.

Lynn from Fargo wrote:
> I have a recurring dream (several times a year) that I am at a

banquet
> or reception of some kind and there are big beautiful buffet

table(s).

> The problem is, no matter how hard I try I never get to eat anything.
> Sometimes I am literally reaching for a piece of food and someone

comes
> and takes me by the elbow and steers me away from the buffet saying
> something like "You must see or meet or. . ."
>
> I interpret this to mean I ain't getting anything at the Banquet of
> Life.
>
> Lynn from Fargo
> Ask me about my Cassandra dream sometime!

I have these same dreams - and I'm always *really* hungry in them.
-Lyn
(Maybe it's the name?)

Curly Sue

On 30 Jan 2005 23:29:07 -0600, "Bob" >
wrote:

>Bob (I had too much to dream last night)

Electric Prunes! (at least it's food related).

Your age is showing... and so is mine. ;>

Sue(tm)
Curly Sue

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 18:39:19 GMT, "Gregory Morrow"
<gregorymorrowEMERGENCYCANCELLATIONARCHIMEDES@eart hlink.net> wrote:

>AFAIK it's the first time I remember food being in one of my dreams...
>
>You...???

Does a daydream count?

A giant two-story bowl with a ladder up the side. I climb to the top,
walk out onto the diving board, bounce up and down a few times, and
execute a nice somersault dive, head-first into a sea of spinach
linguini with butter and cheese.

I used to play that one when Macy's Cellar made and sold their own
dried pasta. It was so good. Eating it was not enough...

Sue(tm)

Kimmo R. M. Hovi

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005, Gregory Morrow wrote:

> AFAIK it's the first time I remember food being in one of my dreams...

My 4 1/2 yo daughter woke up the other night sobbing. As I went to calm
her down she explained that she had a nightmare about baking raisin
buns... I'm like "Umm, how is that a nightmare?" So she goes...

"They were all burnt when I took them out"

Now me, I don't think my dreams are ready to be published in a forum with
no PG ratings

--
/"\ | Kimmo R. M. Hovi
\ / ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Explorer
blake murphy

On 30 Jan 2005 14:49:19 -0800, "Lynn from Fargo" >
wrote:

>I have a recurring dream (several times a year) that I am at a banquet
>or reception of some kind and there are big beautiful buffet table(s).
>
>The problem is, no matter how hard I try I never get to eat anything.
>Sometimes I am literally reaching for a piece of food and someone comes
>and takes me by the elbow and steers me away from the buffet saying
>something like "You must see or meet or. . ."
>
>Lynn from Fargo

my dad used to claim he had a similar dream every saturday morning.
he would wake up and go downstairs and make breakfast, and then sack
out on the couch.

your pal,
blake

Dreams Drew Lawson Preserving 0 15-09-2014 07:06 PM
Brazilian Dreams Edoc Recipes (moderated) 0 05-05-2006 05:38 AM
Fruit Dreams Duckie ® Recipes 0 03-07-2005 05:51 PM