Guy A. Cook Jr.

Default Liqueur Question

Hello,

I'm making some banana liqueur and have had vodka and* bananas in jar
for about a day. The mashed bananas in the brew are clumping and
browning.
Is this going to be a problem for the finished product? Flavorwise?
Colorwise?
I was going to let steep for about a week then strain and add sugar
mix.

Thanks you in advance

Guy
Ed Grabau and Pam Jacoby

"Guy A. Cook Jr." wrote ...
> Hello,
>
> I'm making some banana liqueur and have had vodka and* bananas in jar
> for about a day. The mashed bananas in the brew are clumping and
> browning.
> Is this going to be a problem for the finished product? Flavorwise?
> Colorwise?
> I was going to let steep for about a week then strain and add sugar
> mix.
>
> Thanks you in advance
>
> Guy

Sorry, I'm not into making liqueurs, but are you serious? Why bother?

Pam

Fudge

Go He
http://www.guntheranderson.com/liqueurs/flavors.htm

There are 4 banana liqueur recipes given. In my opinion, a banana liqueur
would taste like paint thinner or nail polish (acetone). Different
strokes....

Farmer John

Drag`Liqueur [email protected] General 0 13-03-2016 03:27 PM
Question: Mandarine Napolean Liqueur-what to do with it? Kswck General Cooking 11 22-10-2007 04:40 PM
Banana Liqueur Guy A. Cook Jr. General 2 30-01-2005 06:24 PM
Question about cooking with liqueur. montygram General Cooking 3 19-01-2005 03:13 AM
Question about cooking with liqueur. montygram General Cooking 0 18-01-2005 06:03 AM