FoodBanter.com

-   -   ideas please to pull this off (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/49141-ideas-please-pull-off.html)

Ninip 23-12-2004 09:13 PM

ideas please to pull this off

Merry Xmas everyone

I would like to try this recipe for Turnip Puff I heard about it today.
Looked up the recipe and it says to bake about 35 min.
My question is how can I have this ready for dinner and the turkey too at
the same time, considering they both need to use the oven? How do you all
do it?
New to cooking a Xmas dinner for 10.
Thanks in advance. Will eagerly await your replies.

Margaret Suran 23-12-2004 09:32 PM

Ninip wrote:
> Merry Xmas everyone
>
> I would like to try this recipe for Turnip Puff I heard about it today.
> Looked up the recipe and it says to bake about 35 min.
> My question is how can I have this ready for dinner and the turkey too at
> the same time, considering they both need to use the oven? How do you all
> do it?
> New to cooking a Xmas dinner for 10.
> Thanks in advance. Will eagerly await your replies.

You will have time while the turkey "rests" and while it is being
carved. If that doesn't work out for you, perhaps you can make the
puffs ahead of time and reheat them.

Ed Grabau and Pam Jacoby 23-12-2004 09:39 PM

"Ninip"wrote ..
> Merry Xmas everyone
>
> I would like to try this recipe for Turnip Puff I heard about it today.
> Looked up the recipe and it says to bake about 35 min.
> My question is how can I have this ready for dinner and the turkey too at
> the same time, considering they both need to use the oven? How do you all
> do it?
> New to cooking a Xmas dinner for 10.
> Thanks in advance. Will eagerly await your replies.

Well, you're going to be removing the turkey from the oven a fair amount of
time before you yell at everyone to sit the heck down at the table. You
keep it covered while you deal with the pan drippings for gravy; you make
the gravy; you dish everything else up, including the stuffing; and you get
it all on the table. I think you'll find that that 35 minutes just flew by.

Pam

Boron Elgar 23-12-2004 11:01 PM

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 16:32:41 -0500, Margaret Suran
> wrote:

>Ninip wrote:
>> Merry Xmas everyone
>>
>> I would like to try this recipe for Turnip Puff I heard about it today.
>> Looked up the recipe and it says to bake about 35 min.
>> My question is how can I have this ready for dinner and the turkey too at
>> the same time, considering they both need to use the oven? How do you all
>> do it?
>> New to cooking a Xmas dinner for 10.
>> Thanks in advance. Will eagerly await your replies.
>>

>You will have time while the turkey "rests" and while it is being
>carved. If that doesn't work out for you, perhaps you can make the
>puffs ahead of time and reheat them.

Often, by that time in all the cooking prep, I'd like a 20-30 minute
rest, too.

Boron

Boron Elgar 23-12-2004 11:01 PM