Ninip

Default ideas please to pull this off

Merry Xmas everyone

I would like to try this recipe for Turnip Puff I heard about it today.
Looked up the recipe and it says to bake about 35 min.
My question is how can I have this ready for dinner and the turkey too at
the same time, considering they both need to use the oven? How do you all
do it?
New to cooking a Xmas dinner for 10.
Thanks in advance. Will eagerly await your replies.

Margaret Suran

Ninip wrote:
> Merry Xmas everyone
>
> I would like to try this recipe for Turnip Puff I heard about it today.
> Looked up the recipe and it says to bake about 35 min.
> My question is how can I have this ready for dinner and the turkey too at
> the same time, considering they both need to use the oven? How do you all
> do it?
> New to cooking a Xmas dinner for 10.
> Thanks in advance. Will eagerly await your replies.

You will have time while the turkey "rests" and while it is being
carved. If that doesn't work out for you, perhaps you can make the
puffs ahead of time and reheat them.

Ed Grabau and Pam Jacoby

"Ninip"wrote ..
> Merry Xmas everyone
>
> I would like to try this recipe for Turnip Puff I heard about it today.
> Looked up the recipe and it says to bake about 35 min.
> My question is how can I have this ready for dinner and the turkey too at
> the same time, considering they both need to use the oven? How do you all
> do it?
> New to cooking a Xmas dinner for 10.
> Thanks in advance. Will eagerly await your replies.

Well, you're going to be removing the turkey from the oven a fair amount of
time before you yell at everyone to sit the heck down at the table. You
keep it covered while you deal with the pan drippings for gravy; you make
the gravy; you dish everything else up, including the stuffing; and you get
it all on the table. I think you'll find that that 35 minutes just flew by.

Pam

Boron Elgar

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 16:32:41 -0500, Margaret Suran
> wrote:

>Ninip wrote:
>> Merry Xmas everyone
>>
>> I would like to try this recipe for Turnip Puff I heard about it today.
>> Looked up the recipe and it says to bake about 35 min.
>> My question is how can I have this ready for dinner and the turkey too at
>> the same time, considering they both need to use the oven? How do you all
>> do it?
>> New to cooking a Xmas dinner for 10.
>> Thanks in advance. Will eagerly await your replies.
>>

>You will have time while the turkey "rests" and while it is being
>carved. If that doesn't work out for you, perhaps you can make the
>puffs ahead of time and reheat them.

Often, by that time in all the cooking prep, I'd like a 20-30 minute
rest, too.

Boron
Boron Elgar

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 16:32:41 -0500, Margaret Suran
> wrote:

>Ninip wrote:
>> Merry Xmas everyone
>>
>> I would like to try this recipe for Turnip Puff I heard about it today.
>> Looked up the recipe and it says to bake about 35 min.
>> My question is how can I have this ready for dinner and the turkey too at
>> the same time, considering they both need to use the oven? How do you all
>> do it?
>> New to cooking a Xmas dinner for 10.
>> Thanks in advance. Will eagerly await your replies.
>>

>You will have time while the turkey "rests" and while it is being
>carved. If that doesn't work out for you, perhaps you can make the
>puffs ahead of time and reheat them.

Often, by that time in all the cooking prep, I'd like a 20-30 minute
rest, too.

Boron

woo-doggie! Pull pork notbob General Cooking 120 24-11-2013 08:32 PM
Disappointing pull Tim[_12_] Barbecue 10 13-06-2009 06:12 AM
OT, Google better pull-up! will they crash? Barry General Cooking 52 01-05-2007 09:06 PM
Butterscotch Pull Aparts jacqueline austin Recipes (moderated) 0 10-03-2007 05:34 PM
How long does it take to pull pork? Jesse Skeens Barbecue 31 11-07-2004 03:17 AM