Rodney Myrvaagnes

Default Very simple pasta

I noticed today that the Italian import place where I get dried pasta,
sardinian crackers, white anchovies in oil, and other oddities had
small shrink-wrapped packages of flash-frozen raw duck foie gras.

I paid $11.xx for a 2.1 oz package, 2 slices.

My wife was commuting home from the wilds of New Jersey in extreme
(for here) cold. I wanted something almost ready when she came in the
door.

I had the water hot so I could turn it up to a boil immediately, and 6
oz of pasta weighed out.

I cut the slices of liver into thin slivers and spread them on a piece
of waxed paper. Sprinkled some _fleur_de_sel_ on them, and warmed some
plates while I set the table.

When the pasta was done, I poured it through a strainer into a bowl to
heat the bowl, dumped the water and put the pasta in the bowl with the
foie gras layered in and tossed it.

Put it on the plates and ground black pepper over. The liver got
cooked by the hot pasta and coated it nicely. Yum. Barbara was happy.

Rodney Myrvaagnes J36 Gjo/a

The destruction of the World Trade Center was
a faith-based initiative. -- George Carlin