yumyum

Default Looking for an authentic recipe for Irish Creme Whiskey

I have been looking for a good recipe to make some homemade Irish creme
whiskey. There are many of them, but they all contain some seemingly
irrelevant ingredient(s), like "chocolate syrup", "eggs", "vanilla extract",
"coconut", "almond extract" etc. etc... while I believe they must taste good
this way on their own rights, but their usual claim "Just like Bailey's!"
seem hardly credible, and I would like to find a recipe as close to the
original as possible. Are there anyone out there who has spied on Bailey's
factory?? Or willing to share the secrets?
TIA!!

Licia

Dave Smith

yumyum wrote:

> I have been looking for a good recipe to make some homemade Irish creme
> whiskey. There are many of them, but they all contain some seemingly
> irrelevant ingredient(s), like "chocolate syrup", "eggs", "vanilla extract",
> "coconut", "almond extract" etc. etc... while I believe they must taste good
> this way on their own rights, but their usual claim "Just like Bailey's!"
> seem hardly credible, and I would like to find a recipe as close to the
> original as possible. Are there anyone out there who has spied on Bailey's
> factory?? Or willing to share the secrets?
> TIA!!

The recipe I use is :
1 pint table cream
1 can sweetened condensed milk
4 eggs
10-12 oz Irish Whiskey
1 spoonful of chocolate syrup (the real stuff, not that crappy ice cream
topping).

Mix it all together in a blender and keep it in the fridge for up to a week.
It's never lasted that long here.

It's a lot like Bailey's but much better.

Grismalkin

>I have been looking for a good recipe to make some homemade Irish creme
>whiskey. There are many of them, but they all contain some seemingly
>irrelevant ingredient(s), like "chocolate syrup", "eggs", "vanilla extract",
>"coconut", "almond extract" etc. etc... while I believe they must taste good
>this way on their own rights, but their usual claim "Just like Bailey's!"
>seem hardly credible, and I would like to find a recipe as close to the
>original as possible. Are there anyone out there who has spied on Bailey's
>factory?? Or willing to share the secrets?
>TIA!!
>
>Licia

I'm probably not much of a help here, but this is the recipe I developed:

1 can condensed milk
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp. almond extract
1/4 C chocolate syrup