jmcquown

Default Stuffed Flounder (altogether different Thanksgiving Dinner!)

4 flounder fillets, about 1-1/2 lbs. of like size
1/4 c. minced onion
1/4 c. minced celery
2 cloves garlic, minced
1-1/2 Tbs. mayonnaise
dash Tabasco sauce
dash cayenne pepper
dash salt
4 Tbs. butter
1/2 c. dried breadcrumbs
1/4 tsp. dry mustard
1 Tbs. lemon juice
6 oz. flaked crabmeat
2 oz. diced shrimp (or use canned baby shrimp)
2-3 Tbs. melted butter
Sweet ground paprika for colour
1/2 c. milk
vegetable cooking spray

Preheat oven to 350F. Saute onion, celery and garlic in 4 Tbs. butter until
translucent. Transfer to a mixing bowl and combine with breadcrumbs,
mayonnaise, dry mustard. Add crabmeat and shrimp, Tabasco, cayenne, lemon
juice, salt, pepper. Blend well to make stuffing.

Spray a 13X9 inch baking dish with vegetable cooking spray. Place 2
flounder fillets in the dish. Spoon the crabmeat stuffing onto the center
of the fillets, mounding it up in the center. Split the remaining fillets
in half lengthwise. Wrap each of the two halves around the stuffing on top
of the stuffed fillet, covering the sides but leaving the stuffing visible
in the center. Secure overlapping ends with toothpicks if needed. Brush all
over with melted butter. Sprinkle with paprika. Pour the milk around the
fish (this keeps the fish moist during baking).

Bake for 20-25 minutes until fish flakes easily with a fork, brushing with
melted butter about halfway through cooking. Serves 2.

Excellent with wild rice or a pilaf and some steamed broccoli on the side.

Jill

Elisa

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
. ..
>4 flounder fillets, about 1-1/2 lbs. of like size
> 1/4 c. minced onion
> 1/4 c. minced celery
> 2 cloves garlic, minced
> 1-1/2 Tbs. mayonnaise
> dash Tabasco sauce
> dash cayenne pepper
> dash salt
> 4 Tbs. butter
> 1/2 c. dried breadcrumbs
> 1/4 tsp. dry mustard
> 1 Tbs. lemon juice
> 6 oz. flaked crabmeat
> 2 oz. diced shrimp (or use canned baby shrimp)
> 2-3 Tbs. melted butter
> Sweet ground paprika for colour
> 1/2 c. milk
> vegetable cooking spray
>
> Preheat oven to 350F. Saute onion, celery and garlic in 4 Tbs. butter
> until
> translucent. Transfer to a mixing bowl and combine with breadcrumbs,
> mayonnaise, dry mustard. Add crabmeat and shrimp, Tabasco, cayenne, lemon
> juice, salt, pepper. Blend well to make stuffing.
>
> Spray a 13X9 inch baking dish with vegetable cooking spray. Place 2
> flounder fillets in the dish. Spoon the crabmeat stuffing onto the center
> of the fillets, mounding it up in the center. Split the remaining fillets
> in half lengthwise. Wrap each of the two halves around the stuffing on
> top
> of the stuffed fillet, covering the sides but leaving the stuffing visible
> in the center. Secure overlapping ends with toothpicks if needed. Brush
> all
> over with melted butter. Sprinkle with paprika. Pour the milk around the
> fish (this keeps the fish moist during baking).
>
> Bake for 20-25 minutes until fish flakes easily with a fork, brushing with
> melted butter about halfway through cooking. Serves 2.
>
> Excellent with wild rice or a pilaf and some steamed broccoli on the side.
>
> Jill

Thank you Jill!!! (See my response in the "your favorite food" thread)

Elisa

kilikini

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
. ..
> 4 flounder fillets, about 1-1/2 lbs. of like size
> 1/4 c. minced onion
> 1/4 c. minced celery
> 2 cloves garlic, minced
> 1-1/2 Tbs. mayonnaise
> dash Tabasco sauce
> dash cayenne pepper
> dash salt
> 4 Tbs. butter
> 1/2 c. dried breadcrumbs
> 1/4 tsp. dry mustard
> 1 Tbs. lemon juice
> 6 oz. flaked crabmeat
> 2 oz. diced shrimp (or use canned baby shrimp)
> 2-3 Tbs. melted butter
> Sweet ground paprika for colour
> 1/2 c. milk
> vegetable cooking spray
>
> Preheat oven to 350F. Saute onion, celery and garlic in 4 Tbs. butter

until
> translucent. Transfer to a mixing bowl and combine with breadcrumbs,
> mayonnaise, dry mustard. Add crabmeat and shrimp, Tabasco, cayenne, lemon
> juice, salt, pepper. Blend well to make stuffing.
>
> Spray a 13X9 inch baking dish with vegetable cooking spray. Place 2
> flounder fillets in the dish. Spoon the crabmeat stuffing onto the center
> of the fillets, mounding it up in the center. Split the remaining fillets
> in half lengthwise. Wrap each of the two halves around the stuffing on

top
> of the stuffed fillet, covering the sides but leaving the stuffing visible
> in the center. Secure overlapping ends with toothpicks if needed. Brush

all
> over with melted butter. Sprinkle with paprika. Pour the milk around the
> fish (this keeps the fish moist during baking).
>
> Bake for 20-25 minutes until fish flakes easily with a fork, brushing with
> melted butter about halfway through cooking. Serves 2.
>
> Excellent with wild rice or a pilaf and some steamed broccoli on the side.
>
> Jill

Jill, thanks, sweetie! A this recipe is a definite save to my hard drive.
I *can* find Flounder in Florida. (Or am I just floundering in
Florida?????????)

kili

kilikini

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
. ..
> 4 flounder fillets, about 1-1/2 lbs. of like size
> 1/4 c. minced onion
> 1/4 c. minced celery
> 2 cloves garlic, minced
> 1-1/2 Tbs. mayonnaise
> dash Tabasco sauce
> dash cayenne pepper
> dash salt
> 4 Tbs. butter
> 1/2 c. dried breadcrumbs
> 1/4 tsp. dry mustard
> 1 Tbs. lemon juice
> 6 oz. flaked crabmeat
> 2 oz. diced shrimp (or use canned baby shrimp)
> 2-3 Tbs. melted butter
> Sweet ground paprika for colour
> 1/2 c. milk
> vegetable cooking spray
>
> Preheat oven to 350F. Saute onion, celery and garlic in 4 Tbs. butter

until
> translucent. Transfer to a mixing bowl and combine with breadcrumbs,
> mayonnaise, dry mustard. Add crabmeat and shrimp, Tabasco, cayenne, lemon
> juice, salt, pepper. Blend well to make stuffing.
>
> Spray a 13X9 inch baking dish with vegetable cooking spray. Place 2
> flounder fillets in the dish. Spoon the crabmeat stuffing onto the center
> of the fillets, mounding it up in the center. Split the remaining fillets
> in half lengthwise. Wrap each of the two halves around the stuffing on

top
> of the stuffed fillet, covering the sides but leaving the stuffing visible
> in the center. Secure overlapping ends with toothpicks if needed. Brush

all
> over with melted butter. Sprinkle with paprika. Pour the milk around the
> fish (this keeps the fish moist during baking).
>
> Bake for 20-25 minutes until fish flakes easily with a fork, brushing with
> melted butter about halfway through cooking. Serves 2.
>
> Excellent with wild rice or a pilaf and some steamed broccoli on the side.
>
> Jill

Jill, thanks, sweetie! A this recipe is a definite save to my hard drive.
I *can* find Flounder in Florida. (Or am I just floundering in
Florida?????????)

kili

Rick & Cyndi

"kilikini" <

<snipping Jill's wonderful recipe>

> Jill, thanks, sweetie! A this recipe is a definite save to my hard drive.
> I *can* find Flounder in Florida. (Or am I just floundering in
> Florida?????????)
>
> kili

Yes. Publix carries it and/or can get it for you. My mom can even get
Chilean Sea Bass from them...

Cyndi

Rick & Cyndi