Default Roasted Garlic mashed Potatoes

I am making this tomorrow for 30 people. There will also be stuffing,
asparagas, roasted eggplant, salad and the turkey and brisket.

In the potatoes I plan to put roasted garlic, milk, cream cheese, some
rosemary and some sauted oinions. I have no idea of the proportions
yet, I never do until I make it and I've never made this,

So, here is my question. Can I make it today for tomorrow and what is
the best way to warm it up. We have a built in wall oven that is too
narrow and inside will be the brisket warming in two roasting pans.
There is a little room on the sides if I turn the pans so the
"colapsable handles" go in head first, but only 5 inches. We have a
gas grill in the backyard and a microwave and the stove will be
available. We may have to heat up the asparagas and egglant.

So, you can see the dilemmas. Any advice?

Don't have one but that might be an option with this horribly small
oven. I just don't have time to go shopping for one now. Thanks for
the advice.

wrote:

>On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 12:18:22 -0500, wrote:
>
>>I am making this tomorrow for 30 people. There will also be stuffing,
>>asparagas, roasted eggplant, salad and the turkey and brisket.
>>
>>In the potatoes I plan to put roasted garlic, milk, cream cheese, some
>>rosemary and some sauted oinions. I have no idea of the proportions
>>yet, I never do until I make it and I've never made this,
>>
>>So, here is my question. Can I make it today for tomorrow and what is
>>the best way to warm it up. We have a built in wall oven that is too
>>narrow and inside will be the brisket warming in two roasting pans.
>>There is a little room on the sides if I turn the pans so the
>>"colapsable handles" go in head first, but only 5 inches. We have a
>>gas grill in the backyard and a microwave and the stove will be
>>available. We may have to heat up the asparagas and egglant.
>>
>>So, you can see the dilemmas. Any advice?

>I have heard from several sources that mashed potatoes do very well if
>made early in the morning and left in a crockpot on low; but I've also
>heard it depends on the crockpot. Some of the newer ones get too hot
>for it. Still, that might be an option if you have an appropriate one
>available.
>
>Regards,
>Tracy R.

Nexis

> wrote in message
> I am making this tomorrow for 30 people. There will also be stuffing,
> asparagas, roasted eggplant, salad and the turkey and brisket.
>
> In the potatoes I plan to put roasted garlic, milk, cream cheese, some
> rosemary and some sauted oinions. I have no idea of the proportions
> yet, I never do until I make it and I've never made this,
>
> So, here is my question. Can I make it today for tomorrow and what is
> the best way to warm it up. We have a built in wall oven that is too
> narrow and inside will be the brisket warming in two roasting pans.
> There is a little room on the sides if I turn the pans so the
> "colapsable handles" go in head first, but only 5 inches. We have a
> gas grill in the backyard and a microwave and the stove will be
> available. We may have to heat up the asparagas and egglant.
>
> So, you can see the dilemmas. Any advice?

I have a similar situation. Our house still has the original Thermador ovens
from 1957, and they're quite small inside. One of them works, the other does
not. One the cooktop, 2 of the burners work all the time, one works
sometimes and the griddle doesn't work at all.

For the potatoes, make them today and reheat in the microwave. You'll have
to keep an eye on them, as they could dry out/harden on the edges if you
overdo it.

kimberly

Nexis

> wrote in message
> I am making this tomorrow for 30 people. There will also be stuffing,
> asparagas, roasted eggplant, salad and the turkey and brisket.
>
> In the potatoes I plan to put roasted garlic, milk, cream cheese, some
> rosemary and some sauted oinions. I have no idea of the proportions
> yet, I never do until I make it and I've never made this,
>
> So, here is my question. Can I make it today for tomorrow and what is
> the best way to warm it up. We have a built in wall oven that is too
> narrow and inside will be the brisket warming in two roasting pans.
> There is a little room on the sides if I turn the pans so the
> "colapsable handles" go in head first, but only 5 inches. We have a
> gas grill in the backyard and a microwave and the stove will be
> available. We may have to heat up the asparagas and egglant.
>
> So, you can see the dilemmas. Any advice?

I have a similar situation. Our house still has the original Thermador ovens
from 1957, and they're quite small inside. One of them works, the other does
not. One the cooktop, 2 of the burners work all the time, one works
sometimes and the griddle doesn't work at all.

For the potatoes, make them today and reheat in the microwave. You'll have
to keep an eye on them, as they could dry out/harden on the edges if you
overdo it.

kimberly

Ours were redone about 15 years ago with one small GE electric wall
oven but we have a great Thermador gas range. There is one burner,
the big one, is just super, fast and breat for searing. The only
thing wrong with it is that the exhaust fan rises from the back and
wouldn't you know it, if you're using a big pan or a Wok Pan, you are
not over the center of that big burner because of the exhaust. There
is also a grill that we never use because the BBQ is right outside.

I think I'll just make it tommorow. The garlic can roast next to the
brisket and I'll get volunteers to peel potatoes. That makes me
sneeze anyway! As far as warming everything else up, we need a second
oven/ range. The kitchen is very large and can handle it but we'd
have to take away our sheepdog's cage, which is where he goes to sulk
and chill out. Maybe we can get a small one.

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 09:51:00 -0800, "Nexis" > wrote:

> wrote in message
.. .
>> I am making this tomorrow for 30 people. There will also be stuffing,
>> asparagas, roasted eggplant, salad and the turkey and brisket.
>>
>> In the potatoes I plan to put roasted garlic, milk, cream cheese, some
>> rosemary and some sauted oinions. I have no idea of the proportions
>> yet, I never do until I make it and I've never made this,
>>
>> So, here is my question. Can I make it today for tomorrow and what is
>> the best way to warm it up. We have a built in wall oven that is too
>> narrow and inside will be the brisket warming in two roasting pans.
>> There is a little room on the sides if I turn the pans so the
>> "colapsable handles" go in head first, but only 5 inches. We have a
>> gas grill in the backyard and a microwave and the stove will be
>> available. We may have to heat up the asparagas and egglant.
>>
>> So, you can see the dilemmas. Any advice?

>I have a similar situation. Our house still has the original Thermador ovens
>from 1957, and they're quite small inside. One of them works, the other does
>not. One the cooktop, 2 of the burners work all the time, one works
>sometimes and the griddle doesn't work at all.
>
>For the potatoes, make them today and reheat in the microwave. You'll have
>to keep an eye on them, as they could dry out/harden on the edges if you
>overdo it.
>
>kimberly

Ours were redone about 15 years ago with one small GE electric wall
oven but we have a great Thermador gas range. There is one burner,
the big one, is just super, fast and breat for searing. The only
thing wrong with it is that the exhaust fan rises from the back and
wouldn't you know it, if you're using a big pan or a Wok Pan, you are
not over the center of that big burner because of the exhaust. There
is also a grill that we never use because the BBQ is right outside.

I think I'll just make it tommorow. The garlic can roast next to the
brisket and I'll get volunteers to peel potatoes. That makes me
sneeze anyway! As far as warming everything else up, we need a second
oven/ range. The kitchen is very large and can handle it but we'd
have to take away our sheepdog's cage, which is where he goes to sulk
and chill out. Maybe we can get a small one.

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 09:51:00 -0800, "Nexis" > wrote:

.. .