Patscga

Default Pepperidge Farm Stuffing w/Sausage

I've always made sausage stuffing for my turkey from scratch. Any of you ever
used sausage with the packaged stuffing? Recipes would be most welcome.
Pat
jmcquown

Patscga wrote:
> I've always made sausage stuffing for my turkey from scratch. Any of
> you ever used sausage with the packaged stuffing? Recipes would be
> most welcome.
> Pat

Pepperidge Farm stuffing crumbs are excellent. Use your favourite recipe
but rather than make the bread crumbs or cubes yourself, substitute the
stuff in the bags. They really are excellent and save a lot of time/effort.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Jill

jmcquown

Patscga wrote:
> I've always made sausage stuffing for my turkey from scratch. Any of
> you ever used sausage with the packaged stuffing? Recipes would be
> most welcome.
> Pat

Pepperidge Farm stuffing crumbs are excellent. Use your favourite recipe
but rather than make the bread crumbs or cubes yourself, substitute the
stuff in the bags. They really are excellent and save a lot of time/effort.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Jill

Chef R. W. Miller

Sausage Corn Bread Stuffing

Makes 6 side dish servings
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes

Ingredients
1/4 lb. bulk pork sausage
1-1/4 cups water
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley or 1 tsp. dried dried parsley flakes
1/2 cup whole kernel corn
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
4 cups Pepperidge Farm® Corn Bread Stuffing

Directions
1. Cook sausage in skillet until browned. Pour off fat.
2. Stir in water, parsley, corn and cheese. Add stuffing. Mix lightly.
Spoon into greased 1 1/2-quart casserole. Cover.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until hot. Serves 6.

"Patscga" > wrote in message
> I've always made sausage stuffing for my turkey from scratch. Any of you

ever
> used sausage with the packaged stuffing? Recipes would be most welcome.
> Pat

Chef R. W. Miller

"Patscga" > wrote in message
> I've always made sausage stuffing for my turkey from scratch. Any of you

ever
> used sausage with the packaged stuffing? Recipes would be most welcome.
> Pat

Puester

Patscga wrote:

> I've always made sausage stuffing for my turkey from scratch. Any of you ever
> used sausage with the packaged stuffing? Recipes would be most welcome.
> Pat

1 lge. pkg. Pepperidge Farm seasoned dressing
1 pkg. (roll) Jimmy Dean hot sausage
1 lg onion, chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped
8 oz. mushrooms, sliced and sauteed in butter
1 lg. Gala apple, peeled and chopped
1 cup pecans
1/4 lb. butter, melted
~1 qt. chicken or turkey broth
2-3 beaten eggs
(optional: chopped parsley, chestnuts, oysters, your
favorite herbs)

Brown sausage, add onion and celery and cook till
translucent. Add additional ingredients. Taste
for salt and pepper; add Bell's seasoning to taste.

Bake in a casserole until the top is crisp.
Puester

Patscga wrote:

> I've always made sausage stuffing for my turkey from scratch. Any of you ever
> used sausage with the packaged stuffing? Recipes would be most welcome.
> Pat

1 lge. pkg. Pepperidge Farm seasoned dressing
1 pkg. (roll) Jimmy Dean hot sausage
1 lg onion, chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped
8 oz. mushrooms, sliced and sauteed in butter
1 lg. Gala apple, peeled and chopped
1 cup pecans
1/4 lb. butter, melted
~1 qt. chicken or turkey broth
2-3 beaten eggs
(optional: chopped parsley, chestnuts, oysters, your
favorite herbs)

Brown sausage, add onion and celery and cook till
translucent. Add additional ingredients. Taste
for salt and pepper; add Bell's seasoning to taste.

Bake in a casserole until the top is crisp.
Nancy Young

Puester wrote:

> Patscga wrote:
> >
> > I've always made sausage stuffing for my turkey from scratch. Any of you ever
> > used sausage with the packaged stuffing? Recipes would be most welcome.
> > Pat

> 1 lge. pkg. Pepperidge Farm seasoned dressing

I like the stuffing that is far more like crumbs than cubes. What
do other people think? It's because that's what my mother used.

nancy
Nancy Young

Puester wrote:

> Patscga wrote:
> >
> > I've always made sausage stuffing for my turkey from scratch. Any of you ever
> > used sausage with the packaged stuffing? Recipes would be most welcome.
> > Pat

> 1 lge. pkg. Pepperidge Farm seasoned dressing

I like the stuffing that is far more like crumbs than cubes. What
do other people think? It's because that's what my mother used.

nancy
Goomba38

Nancy Young wrote:

> I like the stuffing that is far more like crumbs than cubes. What
> do other people think? It's because that's what my mother used.
>
> nancy

no no no... cubes!! I have my cubes of bread
drying out now for tomorrow's stuffing. I can't
even imagine crumbs.
Goomba

Goomba38

Nancy Young wrote:

> I like the stuffing that is far more like crumbs than cubes. What
> do other people think? It's because that's what my mother used.
>
> nancy

no no no... cubes!! I have my cubes of bread
drying out now for tomorrow's stuffing. I can't
even imagine crumbs.
Goomba

limey

"Nancy Young" wrote in message >
> I like the stuffing that is far more like crumbs than cubes. What
> do other people think? It's because that's what my mother used.
>
> nancy

I like the stuffing "crumbs", too - everything mixes much better and I think
the flavor is better, too.

Dora

limey

"Nancy Young" wrote in message >
> I like the stuffing that is far more like crumbs than cubes. What
> do other people think? It's because that's what my mother used.
>
> nancy

I like the stuffing "crumbs", too - everything mixes much better and I think
the flavor is better, too.

Dora

Bob

Gloria replied to Pat:

>> I've always made sausage stuffing for my turkey from scratch. Any of you
>> ever used sausage with the packaged stuffing? Recipes would be most
>> welcome.
>> Pat

> 1 lge. pkg. Pepperidge Farm seasoned dressing
> 1 pkg. (roll) Jimmy Dean hot sausage
> 1 lg onion, chopped
> 3 stalks celery, chopped
> 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced and sauteed in butter
> 1 lg. Gala apple, peeled and chopped
> 1 cup pecans
> 1/4 lb. butter, melted
> ~1 qt. chicken or turkey broth
> 2-3 beaten eggs
> (optional: chopped parsley, chestnuts, oysters, your
> favorite herbs)
>
> Brown sausage, add onion and celery and cook till
> translucent. Add additional ingredients. Taste
> for salt and pepper; add Bell's seasoning to taste.
>
> Bake in a casserole until the top is crisp.

Pat, listen to the lady: Gloria's dressing is the best dressing recipe I've
ever made. I add some plumped currants to it, but I can't take credit for
that because the idea was included on one of Gloria's previous posts of her
dressing recipe.

Bob

Bob

Gloria replied to Pat:

>> I've always made sausage stuffing for my turkey from scratch. Any of you
>> ever used sausage with the packaged stuffing? Recipes would be most
>> welcome.
>> Pat

> 1 lge. pkg. Pepperidge Farm seasoned dressing
> 1 pkg. (roll) Jimmy Dean hot sausage
> 1 lg onion, chopped
> 3 stalks celery, chopped
> 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced and sauteed in butter
> 1 lg. Gala apple, peeled and chopped
> 1 cup pecans
> 1/4 lb. butter, melted
> ~1 qt. chicken or turkey broth
> 2-3 beaten eggs
> (optional: chopped parsley, chestnuts, oysters, your
> favorite herbs)
>
> Brown sausage, add onion and celery and cook till
> translucent. Add additional ingredients. Taste
> for salt and pepper; add Bell's seasoning to taste.
>
> Bake in a casserole until the top is crisp.

Pat, listen to the lady: Gloria's dressing is the best dressing recipe I've
ever made. I add some plumped currants to it, but I can't take credit for
that because the idea was included on one of Gloria's previous posts of her
dressing recipe.

Bob

Patscga

>no no no... cubes!! I have my cubes of bread
>drying out now for tomorrow's stuffing. I can't
>even imagine crumbs.
>Goomba

I made it with cubed bread for about 50 years. Then I ate at someone else's
house and she had never made stuffing before and used the Pepperidge Farm
crumbly stuffing mix. It was better than mine!
Pat
Patscga