FoodBanter.com

-   -   Carnival Squash (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/454488-carnival-squash.html)

US Janet[_2_] 14-06-2021 11:27 PM

Carnival Squash

This is the acorn type squash that I grow. It is really sweet and not
stringy. Each squash serves one or two people. The squash stores
well after picking. I recomend you try this one. Suitable for
container growing.
https://tinyurl.com/3j5w9dwk
Janet US

bruce bowser 15-06-2021 12:16 AM

Carnival Squash

On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 6:27:39 PM UTC-4, US Janet wrote:
> This is the acorn type squash that I grow. It is really sweet and not
> stringy. Each squash serves one or two people. The squash stores
> well after picking. I recomend you try this one. Suitable for
> container growing.
> https://tinyurl.com/3j5w9dwk
> Janet US

Since I was a kid, I never liked squash. I've even tried eggplant. I don't think it was eggplant parmesan (Melanzana alla Parmigiana) or not.

Dave Smith[_42_] 15-06-2021 12:20 AM

Carnival Squash

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 16:16:45 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 6:27:39 PM UTC-4, US Janet wrote:
>> This is the acorn type squash that I grow. It is really sweet and not
>> stringy. Each squash serves one or two people. The squash stores
>> well after picking. I recomend you try this one. Suitable for
>> container growing.
>> https://tinyurl.com/3j5w9dwk
>> Janet US

>Since I was a kid, I never liked squash. I've even tried eggplant.

You tried eggplant? Did you tell anybody?

--
Bruce

cshenk 15-06-2021 01:25 AM

Carnival Squash

US Janet wrote:

> This is the acorn type squash that I grow. It is really sweet and not
> stringy. Each squash serves one or two people. The squash stores
> well after picking. I recomend you try this one. Suitable for
> container growing.
> https://tinyurl.com/3j5w9dwk
> Janet US

Thanks! That may be fun to try!

Michael Trew 15-06-2021 05:13 AM

Carnival Squash

On 6/14/2021 7:16 PM, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 6:27:39 PM UTC-4, US Janet wrote:
>> This is the acorn type squash that I grow. It is really sweet and not
>> stringy. Each squash serves one or two people. The squash stores
>> well after picking. I recomend you try this one. Suitable for
>> container growing.
>> https://tinyurl.com/3j5w9dwk
>> Janet US

> Since I was a kid, I never liked squash. I've even tried eggplant. I don't think it was eggplant parmesan (Melanzana alla Parmigiana) or not.

Not even zucchini? My grandmother makes the best zucchini bread. I
like to fry strips of it, sometimes eat it with pasta sauce. It's great
in a stir fry also. I planted a few this year, blooming now. I can't
wait for the fruit!

dsi1[_2_] 15-06-2021 05:35 AM

Carnival Squash

On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 1:16:48 PM UTC-10, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 6:27:39 PM UTC-4, US Janet wrote:
> > This is the acorn type squash that I grow. It is really sweet and not
> > stringy. Each squash serves one or two people. The squash stores
> > well after picking. I recomend you try this one. Suitable for
> > container growing.
> > https://tinyurl.com/3j5w9dwk
> > Janet US

> Since I was a kid, I never liked squash. I've even tried eggplant. I don't think it was eggplant parmesan (Melanzana alla Parmigiana) or not.

Eggplant is kind of a slimy, squishy, vegetable so a lot of folks dislike it. It's also hard to cook.

I like to cook eggplant. I get it right about half the time. My wife and I really like Chinese style spicy garlic eggplant and Korean eggplant is probably the most umami rich dish I've ever had. My guess is that it's a dish that's hard for most people to swallow. It's dishes like that that are the most sublime.

https://www.maangchi.com/recipe/gaji-namul

Dave Smith[_42_] 15-06-2021 05:39 AM

Carnival Squash

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 21:35:50 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 1:16:48 PM UTC-10, bruce bowser wrote:
>> On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 6:27:39 PM UTC-4, US Janet wrote:
>> > This is the acorn type squash that I grow. It is really sweet and not
>> > stringy. Each squash serves one or two people. The squash stores
>> > well after picking. I recomend you try this one. Suitable for
>> > container growing.
>> > https://tinyurl.com/3j5w9dwk
>> > Janet US

>> Since I was a kid, I never liked squash. I've even tried eggplant. I don't think it was eggplant parmesan (Melanzana alla Parmigiana) or not.

>Eggplant is kind of a slimy, squishy, vegetable so a lot of folks dislike it.

Not liking eggplant is new to me. If a lot of folks disliked it, I'd
have noticed. But maybe in the US.

--
Bruce

dsi1[_2_] 15-06-2021 06:17 AM

Carnival Squash

On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 6:39:58 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 21:35:50 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> > wrote:

> >> Since I was a kid, I never liked squash. I've even tried eggplant. I don't think it was eggplant parmesan (Melanzana alla Parmigiana) or not.

> >Eggplant is kind of a slimy, squishy, vegetable so a lot of folks dislike it.

> Not liking eggplant is new to me. If a lot of folks disliked it, I'd
> have noticed. But maybe in the US.
>
> --
> Bruce

I love eggplant and bitter melon, but I can understand why people can't stomach the stuff.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CLLFDvqfMY1uAB6L8

Dave Smith[_42_] 15-06-2021 06:46 AM

Carnival Squash

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 22:17:00 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 6:39:58 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 21:35:50 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
>> > wrote:

>> >Eggplant is kind of a slimy, squishy, vegetable so a lot of folks dislike it.

>> Not liking eggplant is new to me. If a lot of folks disliked it, I'd
>> have noticed. But maybe in the US.
>>
>> --
>> Bruce

>I love eggplant and bitter melon, but I can understand why people can't stomach the stuff.
>
>https://photos.app.goo.gl/CLLFDvqfMY1uAB6L8

I find bitter melon much harder to appreciate than eggplant.

--
Bruce

dsi1[_2_] 15-06-2021 07:55 AM

Carnival Squash

On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 7:47:11 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 22:17:00 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> > wrote:
>
> >On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 6:39:58 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> >> On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 21:35:50 -0700 (PDT), dsi1

> >> Not liking eggplant is new to me. If a lot of folks disliked it, I'd
> >> have noticed. But maybe in the US.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Bruce

> >I love eggplant and bitter melon, but I can understand why people can't stomach the stuff.
> >
> >https://photos.app.goo.gl/CLLFDvqfMY1uAB6L8

> I find bitter melon much harder to appreciate than eggplant.
>
> --
> Bruce

That's understandable. Bitter melon literally tastes like aspirin. The harder question is why do people love the stuff? I don't know. The Chinese believe that it has medicinal properties. It does seem to have a positive effect on blood glucose levels.

Cindy Hamilton[_2_] 15-06-2021 09:33 AM

Carnival Squash

On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 7:16:48 PM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 6:27:39 PM UTC-4, US Janet wrote:
> > This is the acorn type squash that I grow. It is really sweet and not
> > stringy. Each squash serves one or two people. The squash stores
> > well after picking. I recomend you try this one. Suitable for
> > container growing.
> > https://tinyurl.com/3j5w9dwk
> > Janet US

> Since I was a kid, I never liked squash. I've even tried eggplant. I don't think it was eggplant parmesan (Melanzana alla Parmigiana) or not.

Eggplant isn't squash. It's more closely related to tomatoes and potatoes.

Cindy Hamilton

Dave Smith[_42_] 15-06-2021 09:49 AM

Carnival Squash

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 23:55:25 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 7:47:11 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 22:17:00 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
>> > wrote:

>> >I love eggplant and bitter melon, but I can understand why people can't stomach the stuff.
>> >
>> >https://photos.app.goo.gl/CLLFDvqfMY1uAB6L8

>> I find bitter melon much harder to appreciate than eggplant.
>>

>That's understandable. Bitter melon literally tastes like aspirin. The harder question is why do people love the stuff? I don't know. The Chinese believe that it has medicinal properties. It does seem to have a positive effect on blood glucose levels.

Maybe they can put it in pill form. People already take garlic,
ginger, turmeric etc pills. Why not bitter melon.

--
Bruce

Dave Smith[_42_] 15-06-2021 10:20 AM

Carnival Squash

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 18:49:21 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 23:55:25 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:
>
>>On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 7:47:11 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
>>> On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 22:17:00 -0700 (PDT), dsi1

>>> I find bitter melon much harder to appreciate than eggplant.
>>>

>>That's understandable. Bitter melon literally tastes like aspirin. The harder question is why do people love the stuff? I don't know. The Chinese believe that it has medicinal properties. It does seem to have a positive effect on blood glucose levels.

>Maybe they can put it in pill form. People already take garlic,
>ginger, turmeric etc pills. Why not bitter melon.

Oh, they already exist.

--
Bruce

dsi1[_2_] 15-06-2021 10:36 AM

Carnival Squash

On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 10:49:30 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 23:55:25 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> > wrote:
>
> >On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 7:47:11 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> >> On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 22:17:00 -0700 (PDT), dsi1

> >> I find bitter melon much harder to appreciate than eggplant.
> >>

> >That's understandable. Bitter melon literally tastes like aspirin. The harder question is why do people love the stuff? I don't know. The Chinese believe that it has medicinal properties. It does seem to have a positive effect on blood glucose levels.

> Maybe they can put it in pill form. People already take garlic,
> ginger, turmeric etc pills. Why not bitter melon.
>
> --
> Bruce

That makes as much sense as taking a steak in pill form. I don't eat bitter melon because it has an effect on blood glucose levels - that's not real important to me.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/uw1QJj6Pc5qwtPfv5

Dave Smith[_42_] 15-06-2021 10:44 AM

Carnival Squash

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 02:36:42 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 10:49:30 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 23:55:25 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
>> > wrote:

>> >That's understandable. Bitter melon literally tastes like aspirin. The harder question is why do people love the stuff? I don't know. The Chinese believe that it has medicinal properties. It does seem to have a positive effect on blood glucose levels.

>> Maybe they can put it in pill form. People already take garlic,
>> ginger, turmeric etc pills. Why not bitter melon.
>>

>That makes as much sense as taking a steak in pill form. I don't eat bitter melon because it has an effect on blood glucose levels - that's not real important to me.
>
>https://photos.app.goo.gl/uw1QJj6Pc5qwtPfv5

You and a couple of Chinese (roughly one billion) may be the only ones
who like the flavour, but if it's good for people's health -real or
perceived- a pill would make sense for the rest of the world's
population. And lo and behold, it already exists.

--
Bruce

bruce bowser 15-06-2021 11:31 AM

Carnival Squash

On Tuesday, June 15, 2021 at 12:39:58 AM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 21:35:50 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> > wrote:

> >> Since I was a kid, I never liked squash. I've even tried eggplant. I don't think it was eggplant parmesan (Melanzana alla Parmigiana) or not.

> >Eggplant is kind of a slimy, squishy, vegetable so a lot of folks dislike it.

> Not liking eggplant is new to me. If a lot of folks disliked it, I'd
> have noticed. But maybe in the US.

I always thought why waste time with eggplant when you could order cheese lasagna?

bruce bowser 15-06-2021 11:39 AM

Carnival Squash

On Tuesday, June 15, 2021 at 4:33:08 AM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 7:16:48 PM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:
> > On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 6:27:39 PM UTC-4, US Janet wrote:
> > > This is the acorn type squash that I grow. It is really sweet and not
> > > stringy. Each squash serves one or two people. The squash stores
> > > well after picking. I recomend you try this one. Suitable for
> > > container growing.
> > > https://tinyurl.com/3j5w9dwk
> > > Janet US

> > Since I was a kid, I never liked squash. I've even tried eggplant. I don't think it was eggplant parmesan (Melanzana alla Parmigiana) or not.

> Eggplant isn't squash. It's more closely related to tomatoes and potatoes.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Below it says that egg plant is sometimes referred to as 'guinea squash'.
Eggplant
plant
WRITTEN BY
The Editors of Encyclopaedia Britannica
Encyclopaedia Britannica's editors oversee subject areas in which they have extensive knowledge, whether from years of experience gained by working on that content or via study for an advanced degree....
See Article History
Alternative Titles: Solanum melongena, aubergine, guinea squash
Eggplant, (Solanum melongena), also called aubergine or Guinea squash, tender perennial plant of the nightshade family (Solanaceae), grown for its edible fruits.
-- https://www.britannica.com/plant/eggplant

dsi1[_2_] 15-06-2021 11:40 AM

Carnival Squash

On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 11:44:40 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 02:36:42 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> > wrote:
>
> >On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 10:49:30 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> >> On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 23:55:25 -0700 (PDT), dsi1

> >> Maybe they can put it in pill form. People already take garlic,
> >> ginger, turmeric etc pills. Why not bitter melon.
> >>

> >That makes as much sense as taking a steak in pill form. I don't eat bitter melon because it has an effect on blood glucose levels - that's not real important to me.
> >
> >https://photos.app.goo.gl/uw1QJj6Pc5qwtPfv5

> You and a couple of Chinese (roughly one billion) may be the only ones
> who like the flavour, but if it's good for people's health -real or
> perceived- a pill would make sense for the rest of the world's
> population. And lo and behold, it already exists.
>
> --
> Bruce

I don't believe in other people's tastes - I just believe in mine. I won't be buying bitter melon pills but I will be buying bitter melon. The Chinese got all kinds of ways to make bitter melon less bitter. That's just silly - I like it full on bitter. 😜
https://photos.app.goo.gl/uw1QJj6Pc5qwtPfv5

Dave Smith[_42_] 15-06-2021 11:44 AM

Carnival Squash

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 03:40:18 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 11:44:40 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 02:36:42 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
>> > wrote:

>> >That makes as much sense as taking a steak in pill form. I don't eat bitter melon because it has an effect on blood glucose levels - that's not real important to me.
>> >
>> >https://photos.app.goo.gl/uw1QJj6Pc5qwtPfv5

>> You and a couple of Chinese (roughly one billion) may be the only ones
>> who like the flavour, but if it's good for people's health -real or
>> perceived- a pill would make sense for the rest of the world's
>> population. And lo and behold, it already exists.
>>

>I don't believe in other people's tastes - I just believe in mine. I won't be buying bitter melon pills but I will be buying bitter melon. The Chinese got all kinds of ways to make bitter melon less bitter. That's just silly - I like it full on bitter. ?
>https://photos.app.goo.gl/uw1QJj6Pc5qwtPfv5

If you like bitter melon, it wouldn't make sense to buy bitter melon
pills. Just like I'd rather drink red wine than buy resveratrol pills.

--
Bruce

Dave Smith[_42_] 15-06-2021 11:47 AM

Carnival Squash

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 03:31:08 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 15, 2021 at 12:39:58 AM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 21:35:50 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
>> > wrote:

>> >Eggplant is kind of a slimy, squishy, vegetable so a lot of folks dislike it.

>> Not liking eggplant is new to me. If a lot of folks disliked it, I'd
>> have noticed. But maybe in the US.

>I always thought why waste time with eggplant when you could order cheese lasagna?

That's like saying "why waste time with ice cream when you could order
Chinese takeaway".

--
Bruce

Dave Smith[_42_] 15-06-2021 11:48 AM

Carnival Squash

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 03:39:10 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 15, 2021 at 4:33:08 AM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> > Since I was a kid, I never liked squash. I've even tried eggplant. I don't think it was eggplant parmesan (Melanzana alla Parmigiana) or not.

>> Eggplant isn't squash. It's more closely related to tomatoes and potatoes.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

>Below it says that egg plant is sometimes referred to as 'guinea squash'.

When I quit smoking 16 years ago, someone told me there's nicotine in
eggplant. But you'd have to eat a box full of it, to get anywhere.

--
Bruce

Dave Smith[_1_] 15-06-2021 12:35 PM

Carnival Squash

On 2021-06-15 12:35 a.m., dsi1 wrote:
> On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 1:16:48 PM UTC-10, bruce bowser wrote:
>> On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 6:27:39 PM UTC-4, US Janet wrote:
>>> This is the acorn type squash that I grow. It is really sweet and
>>> not stringy. Each squash serves one or two people. The squash
>>> stores well after picking. I recomend you try this one. Suitable
>>> for container growing. https://tinyurl.com/3j5w9dwk Janet US

>> Since I was a kid, I never liked squash. I've even tried eggplant.
>> I don't think it was eggplant parmesan (Melanzana alla Parmigiana)
>> or not.

> Eggplant is kind of a slimy, squishy, vegetable so a lot of folks
> dislike it. It's also hard to cook.

I only started using it recently. I don't find it slimy. I cut it into
chunks and use it in ratatouille. It acts as a meat substitute.

> I like to cook eggplant. I get it right about half the time. My wife
> and I really like Chinese style spicy garlic eggplant and Korean
> eggplant is probably the most umami rich dish I've ever had. My guess
> is that it's a dish that's hard for most people to swallow. It's
> dishes like that that are the most sublime.

I meant to get some eggplant yesterday to try making baba ganoush

Dave Smith[_42_] 15-06-2021 12:55 PM

Carnival Squash

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 07:35:42 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2021-06-15 12:35 a.m., dsi1 wrote:
>>> Since I was a kid, I never liked squash. I've even tried eggplant.
>>> I don't think it was eggplant parmesan (Melanzana alla Parmigiana)
>>> or not.

>> Eggplant is kind of a slimy, squishy, vegetable so a lot of folks
>> dislike it. It's also hard to cook.
>>

>I only started using it recently.

Maybe it's a lot more common and liked in Europe and Australia than in
the US. Every country has its peculiarities. Americans love corn (and
bourbon). Japanese children hate green "bell pepper". Personally, I
love blanket statements.

--
Bruce

songbird 15-06-2021 01:06 PM

Carnival Squash

cshenk wrote:
> US Janet wrote:

>> This is the acorn type squash that I grow. It is really sweet and not
>> stringy. Each squash serves one or two people. The squash stores
>> well after picking. I recomend you try this one. Suitable for
>> container growing.
>> https://tinyurl.com/3j5w9dwk
>> Janet US

> Thanks! That may be fun to try!

we normally don't grow any kind of acorn squash but this season
i put in a few Dumpling Squash for more variety. we'll see how
they do and if they survive and finish fruits in time.

the vining crop i like the most are fresh melons. can't get
some of the good heirloom melons at the store because they don't
travel or store well, but they sure are good fresh from the garden.
:)

songbird

Cindy Hamilton[_2_] 15-06-2021 02:43 PM

Carnival Squash

On Tuesday, June 15, 2021 at 6:39:14 AM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 15, 2021 at 4:33:08 AM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > > Since I was a kid, I never liked squash. I've even tried eggplant. I don't think it was eggplant parmesan (Melanzana alla Parmigiana) or not.

> > Eggplant isn't squash. It's more closely related to tomatoes and potatoes.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> Below it says that egg plant is sometimes referred to as 'guinea squash'.

That doesn't make it a squash.

Tomatoes have been called "wolf peach". Does that make them peaches?

Cindy Hamilton

Mike Duffy[_5_] 15-06-2021 03:13 PM

Carnival Squash

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 03:39:10 -0700, bruce bowser wrote:

> Below it says that egg plant is sometimes referred
> to as 'guinea squash'.

Beware, Cindy. Bruce 'Lite', like Steve & myself, often deliberately
drops remotely related seemingly erroneous tidbits which can later be
shown to be true albeit having a minimal relevance to the current context
of the discussion.

I did so recently by pointing out that silver (the BEST 'normal'
conductor of electricity) is used as an electrical insulator in
superconductors.

S Viemeister[_2_] 15-06-2021 04:12 PM

Carnival Squash

On 15/06/2021 14:43, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 15, 2021 at 6:39:14 AM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:
>>> Eggplant isn't squash. It's more closely related to tomatoes and potatoes.
>>>

>> Below it says that egg plant is sometimes referred to as 'guinea squash'.

> That doesn't make it a squash.
>
> Tomatoes have been called "wolf peach". Does that make them peaches?

Also have been called 'love apples', but they aren't apples...

Michael Trew 15-06-2021 04:32 PM

Carnival Squash

On 6/15/2021 12:35 AM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 1:16:48 PM UTC-10, bruce bowser wrote:
>> On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 6:27:39 PM UTC-4, US Janet wrote:
>>> This is the acorn type squash that I grow. It is really sweet and not
>>> stringy. Each squash serves one or two people. The squash stores
>>> well after picking. I recomend you try this one. Suitable for
>>> container growing.
>>> https://tinyurl.com/3j5w9dwk
>>> Janet US

>> Since I was a kid, I never liked squash. I've even tried eggplant. I don't think it was eggplant parmesan (Melanzana alla Parmigiana) or not.

> Eggplant is kind of a slimy, squishy, vegetable so a lot of folks dislike it. It's also hard to cook.
>
> I like to cook eggplant. I get it right about half the time. My wife and I really like Chinese style spicy garlic eggplant and Korean eggplant is probably the most umami rich dish I've ever had. My guess is that it's a dish that's hard for most people to swallow. It's dishes like that that are the most sublime.
>
> https://www.maangchi.com/recipe/gaji-namul

It's easy enough to bread and fry. People pay good money for that at
Italian restaurants with just a bit of pasta sauce and Parmesan on it.

bruce bowser 15-06-2021 04:39 PM

Carnival Squash

On Tuesday, June 15, 2021 at 10:13:27 AM UTC-4, Mike Duffy wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 03:39:10 -0700, bruce bowser wrote:
>
> > Below it says that egg plant is sometimes referred
> > to as 'guinea squash'.

> Beware, Cindy. Bruce 'Lite', like Steve & myself, often deliberately
> drops remotely related seemingly erroneous tidbits which can later be
> shown to be true albeit having a minimal relevance to the current context
> of the discussion.
>
> I did so recently by pointing out that silver (the BEST 'normal'
> conductor of electricity) is used as an electrical insulator in
> superconductors.

I also never mentioned Silver. Just Aluminum and Gold.

Omni Vore[_2_] 15-06-2021 06:25 PM

Carnival Squash

On 6/14/2021 4:16 PM, bruce bowser wrote:

> Since I was a kid, I never liked squash. I've even tried eggplant.

Eggplant isn't a type of squash, dumbass. It's one of the nightshade
foods.

Dave Smith[_39_] 15-06-2021 07:24 PM

Carnival Squash

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 21:55:53 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 07:35:42 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>>> Eggplant is kind of a slimy, squishy, vegetable so a lot of folks
>>> dislike it. It's also hard to cook.
>>>

>>I only started using it recently.

>Maybe it's a lot more common and liked in Europe and Australia than in
>the US. Every country has its peculiarities. Americans love corn (and
>bourbon). Japanese children hate green "bell pepper". Personally, I
>love blanket statements.

Bruce

Dave Smith[_39_] 15-06-2021 07:24 PM

Carnival Squash

Dave Smith[_39_] 15-06-2021 07:24 PM

Carnival Squash

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 20:47:11 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 03:31:08 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:
>
>>On Tuesday, June 15, 2021 at 12:39:58 AM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
>>> On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 21:35:50 -0700 (PDT), dsi1

>>> Not liking eggplant is new to me. If a lot of folks disliked it, I'd
>>> have noticed. But maybe in the US.

>>I always thought why waste time with eggplant when you could order cheese lasagna?

>That's like saying "why waste time with ice cream when you could order
>Chinese takeaway".

Bruce

Dave Smith[_39_] 15-06-2021 07:24 PM

Carnival Squash

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 19:20:39 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 18:49:21 +1000, Dave Smith >
>wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 23:55:25 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>>>That's understandable. Bitter melon literally tastes like aspirin. The harder question is why do people love the stuff? I don't know. The Chinese believe that it has medicinal properties. It does seem to have a positive effect on blood glucose levels.

>>Maybe they can put it in pill form. People already take garlic,
>>ginger, turmeric etc pills. Why not bitter melon.

>Oh, they already exist.

Bruce

Dave Smith[_39_] 15-06-2021 07:24 PM

Carnival Squash

Dave Smith[_39_] 15-06-2021 07:24 PM

Carnival Squash

Mike Duffy[_5_] 15-06-2021 08:25 PM

Carnival Squash

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 08:39:59 -0700, bruce bowser wrote:

> I also never mentioned Silver. Just Aluminum and Gold.

Yes. Gold is the most ductile. I cannot remember what you said about
Aluminum.

bruce bowser 15-06-2021 08:28 PM

Carnival Squash

On Tuesday, June 15, 2021 at 3:25:26 PM UTC-4, Mike Duffy wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 08:39:59 -0700, bruce bowser wrote:
>
> > I also never mentioned Silver. Just Aluminum and Gold.

> Yes. Gold is the most ductile. I cannot remember what you said about
> Aluminum.

Its still in the archives.

Hank Rogers[_4_] 15-06-2021 10:45 PM

Carnival Squash

Mike Duffy wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 08:39:59 -0700, bruce bowser wrote:
>
>> I also never mentioned Silver. Just Aluminum and Gold.

> Yes. Gold is the most ductile. I cannot remember what you said about
> Aluminum.

Me neither ... that was about the time I farted.

Dave Smith[_39_] 15-06-2021 10:50 PM

Carnival Squash