Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Bourbon revisited.

When I was at my friend's today he told me he had just bought some
Makers Mark. I said that I was curious about that because I had heard it
was really good but reluctant to buy it because all the other bourbon I
had tried was horrible. I wasn't hinting but he brought me a small glass
of it to try. Holy cow. It's good.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/13/2021 8:12 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> When I was at my friend's today he told me he had just bought some
> Makers Mark. I said that I was curious about that because I had heard it
> was really good but reluctant to buy it because all the other bourbon I
> had tried was horrible. I wasn't hinting but he brought me a small glass
> of it to try.Â* Holy cow. It's good.

Good start. MM is a good one and there are many more in that price
range. You may want to branch out next to Wild Turkey Rare
Breed,Woodford Reserve and probably 100 others.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 21:12:08 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 6/13/2021 8:12 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> When I was at my friend's today he told me he had just bought some
>> Makers Mark. I said that I was curious about that because I had heard it
>> was really good but reluctant to buy it because all the other bourbon I
>> had tried was horrible. I wasn't hinting but he brought me a small glass
>> of it to try.Â* Holy cow. It's good.

>Good start. MM is a good one and there are many more in that price
>range. You may want to branch out next to Wild Turkey Rare
>Breed,Woodford Reserve and probably 100 others.

Bourbon's one of the few liquors that I don't like. Too sweet. But I
keep trying once every couple of years. Maybe one day.

--
Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 11:15:09 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 21:12:08 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>
>>On 6/13/2021 8:12 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>>> When I was at my friend's today he told me he had just bought some
>>> Makers Mark. I said that I was curious about that because I had heard it
>>> was really good but reluctant to buy it because all the other bourbon I
>>> had tried was horrible. I wasn't hinting but he brought me a small glass
>>> of it to try.* Holy cow. It's good.

>>Good start. MM is a good one and there are many more in that price
>>range. You may want to branch out next to Wild Turkey Rare
>>Breed,Woodford Reserve and probably 100 others.

>Bourbon's one of the few liquors that I don't like. Too sweet. But I
>keep trying once every couple of years. Maybe one day.

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 21:12:08 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 6/13/2021 8:12 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> When I was at my friend's today he told me he had just bought some
>> Makers Mark. I said that I was curious about that because I had heard it
>> was really good but reluctant to buy it because all the other bourbon I
>> had tried was horrible. I wasn't hinting but he brought me a small glass
>> of it to try.* Holy cow. It's good.

>Good start. MM is a good one and there are many more in that price
>range. You may want to branch out next to Wild Turkey Rare
>Breed,Woodford Reserve and probably 100 others.

Bruce

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 21:12:08 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>
>>On 6/13/2021 8:12 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>>> When I was at my friend's today he told me he had just bought some
>>> Makers Mark. I said that I was curious about that because I had heard it
>>> was really good but reluctant to buy it because all the other bourbon I
>>> had tried was horrible. I wasn't hinting but he brought me a small glass
>>> of it to try.* Holy cow. It's good.

>>Good start. MM is a good one and there are many more in that price
>>range. You may want to branch out next to Wild Turkey Rare
>>Breed,Woodford Reserve and probably 100 others.

>Bourbon's one of the few liquors that I don't like. Too sweet. But I
>keep trying once every couple of years. Maybe one day.

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 21:12:08 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 6/13/2021 8:12 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> When I was at my friend's today he told me he had just bought some
>> Makers Mark. I said that I was curious about that because I had heard it
>> was really good but reluctant to buy it because all the other bourbon I
>> had tried was horrible. I wasn't hinting but he brought me a small glass
>> of it to try.* Holy cow. It's good.

>Good start. MM is a good one and there are many more in that price
>range. You may want to branch out next to Wild Turkey Rare
>Breed,Woodford Reserve and probably 100 others.

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, June 13, 2021 at 7:12:12 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
> When I was at my friend's today he told me he had just bought some
> Makers Mark. I said that I was curious about that because I had heard it
> was really good but reluctant to buy it because all the other bourbon I
> had tried was horrible. I wasn't hinting but he brought me a small glass
> of it to try. Holy cow. It's good.

Maker's Mark was my Bourbon back before I gave up drinking POISON altogether.

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 00:24:25 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe >
wrote:

>On Sunday, June 13, 2021 at 7:12:12 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
>> When I was at my friend's today he told me he had just bought some
>> Makers Mark. I said that I was curious about that because I had heard it
>> was really good but reluctant to buy it because all the other bourbon I
>> had tried was horrible. I wasn't hinting but he brought me a small glass
>> of it to try. Holy cow. It's good.

>Maker's Mark was my Bourbon back before I gave up drinking POISON altogether.
>
>John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 00:24:25 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe wrote:

> On Sunday, June 13, 2021 at 7:12:12 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
>> When I was at my friend's today he told me he had just bought some
>> Makers Mark. I said that I was curious about that because I had heard it
>> was really good but reluctant to buy it because all the other bourbon I
>> had tried was horrible. I wasn't hinting but he brought me a small glass
>> of it to try. Holy cow. It's good.

> Maker's Mark was my Bourbon back before I gave up drinking POISON altogether.

And look how ****ed up you became avoiding "poison".

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-06-14 11:59 a.m., Sqwertz wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 00:24:25 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe wrote:
>
>> On Sunday, June 13, 2021 at 7:12:12 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
>>> When I was at my friend's today he told me he had just bought some
>>> Makers Mark. I said that I was curious about that because I had heard it
>>> was really good but reluctant to buy it because all the other bourbon I
>>> had tried was horrible. I wasn't hinting but he brought me a small glass
>>> of it to try. Holy cow. It's good.

>> Maker's Mark was my Bourbon back before I gave up drinking POISON altogether.

> And look how ****ed up you became avoiding "poison".

I wonder if perhaps that poison and the rest of his self medication
played a role in that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 3:24:28 AM UTC-4, wrote:
> On Sunday, June 13, 2021 at 7:12:12 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
> > When I was at my friend's today he told me he had just bought some
> > Makers Mark. I said that I was curious about that because I had heard it
> > was really good but reluctant to buy it because all the other bourbon I
> > had tried was horrible. I wasn't hinting but he brought me a small glass
> > of it to try. Holy cow. It's good.

> Maker's Mark was my Bourbon back before I gave up drinking POISON altogether.

Its Dewar and Coke when it comes to whiskey for me, but I switched to beer normally.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 4:16:11 PM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 3:24:28 AM UTC-4, wrote:
> > On Sunday, June 13, 2021 at 7:12:12 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
> > > When I was at my friend's today he told me he had just bought some
> > > Makers Mark. I said that I was curious about that because I had heard it
> > > was really good but reluctant to buy it because all the other bourbon I
> > > had tried was horrible. I wasn't hinting but he brought me a small glass
> > > of it to try. Holy cow. It's good.

> > Maker's Mark was my Bourbon back before I gave up drinking POISON altogether.

> Its Dewar and Coke when it comes to whiskey for me, but I switched to beer normally.

.... when it comes to Scotch whiskey, I'm sorry.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 10:59:37 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 00:24:25 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe wrote:
>
>> On Sunday, June 13, 2021 at 7:12:12 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
>>> When I was at my friend's today he told me he had just bought some
>>> Makers Mark. I said that I was curious about that because I had heard it
>>> was really good but reluctant to buy it because all the other bourbon I
>>> had tried was horrible. I wasn't hinting but he brought me a small glass
>>> of it to try. Holy cow. It's good.

>> Maker's Mark was my Bourbon back before I gave up drinking POISON altogether.

>And look how ****ed up you became avoiding "poison".

"Drinking alcohol while taking Seroquel together is not advised"
<https://www.therecoveryvillage.com/alcohol-abuse/faq/alcohol-and-seroquel/>

--
Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 13:16:07 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 3:24:28 AM UTC-4, wrote:
>> On Sunday, June 13, 2021 at 7:12:12 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
>> > When I was at my friend's today he told me he had just bought some
>> > Makers Mark. I said that I was curious about that because I had heard it
>> > was really good but reluctant to buy it because all the other bourbon I
>> > had tried was horrible. I wasn't hinting but he brought me a small glass
>> > of it to try. Holy cow. It's good.

>> Maker's Mark was my Bourbon back before I gave up drinking POISON altogether.

>Its Dewar and Coke when it comes to whiskey for me, but I switched to beer normally.

Coke isn't whisky. Coke's used to loosen rusty screws. I hear that
homeless people in back alleys of big cities drink it!

--
Bruce

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 4:30:33 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 13:16:07 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> > wrote:

> >> Maker's Mark was my Bourbon back before I gave up drinking POISON altogether.

> >Its Dewar and Coke when it comes to whiskey for me, but I switched to beer normally.

> Coke isn't whisky.

So what? Whiskey isn't Whisky either.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 4:35:57 PM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 4:30:33 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
> > On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 13:16:07 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> > > wrote:

> > >Its Dewar and Coke when it comes to whiskey for me, but I switched to beer normally.

> > Coke isn't whisky.

> So what? Whiskey isn't Whisky either.

Well, even if it is Dewar's the best.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

bruce bowser wrote:
> On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 3:24:28 AM UTC-4, wrote:
>> On Sunday, June 13, 2021 at 7:12:12 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
>>> When I was at my friend's today he told me he had just bought some
>>> Makers Mark. I said that I was curious about that because I had heard it
>>> was really good but reluctant to buy it because all the other bourbon I
>>> had tried was horrible. I wasn't hinting but he brought me a small glass
>>> of it to try. Holy cow. It's good.

>> Maker's Mark was my Bourbon back before I gave up drinking POISON altogether.

> Its Dewar and Coke when it comes to whiskey for me, but I switched to beer normally.

Idiot! Everyone knows crystal palace is the finest booze, and is
also both scotch and bourbon.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 13:35:53 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 4:30:33 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 13:16:07 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
>> > wrote:

>> >Its Dewar and Coke when it comes to whiskey for me, but I switched to beer normally.

>> Coke isn't whisky.

>So what? Whiskey isn't Whisky either.

One day you'll post something that makes sense

--
Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 3:39:01 PM UTC-5, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 4:35:57 PM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:
> > On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 4:30:33 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
> > > On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 13:16:07 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser

> > > Coke isn't whisky.

> > So what? Whiskey isn't Whisky either.

> Well, even if it is Dewar's the best.

" I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when theyre right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together..."

€“ Marilyn Monroe

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 14:22:23 -0700 (PDT), GM
> wrote:

>On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 3:39:01 PM UTC-5, bruce bowser wrote:

>> > So what? Whiskey isn't Whisky either.

>> Well, even if it is Dewar's the best.

>" I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they’re right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together..."
>
> – Marilyn Monroe

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 15:49:15 -0500, Hank Rogers >
wrote:

>bruce bowser wrote:
>>> Maker's Mark was my Bourbon back before I gave up drinking POISON altogether.

>> Its Dewar and Coke when it comes to whiskey for me, but I switched to beer normally.
>>

>Idiot! Everyone knows crystal palace is the finest booze, and is
>also both scotch and bourbon.

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 13:35:53 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 4:30:33 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 13:16:07 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
>> > wrote:

>> >Its Dewar and Coke when it comes to whiskey for me, but I switched to beer normally.

>> Coke isn't whisky.

>So what? Whiskey isn't Whisky either.

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 06:30:28 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 13:16:07 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>>> Maker's Mark was my Bourbon back before I gave up drinking POISON altogether.

>>Its Dewar and Coke when it comes to whiskey for me, but I switched to beer normally.

>Coke isn't whisky. Coke's used to loosen rusty screws. I hear that
>homeless people in back alleys of big cities drink it!

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-06-14 4:18 p.m., bruce bowser wrote:
> On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 4:16:11 PM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:
>>> Maker's Mark was my Bourbon back before I gave up drinking POISON altogether.

>> Its Dewar and Coke when it comes to whiskey for me, but I switched to beer normally.

> ... when it comes to Scotch whiskey, I'm sorry.

You mix Scotch with Coke?? Ew

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 14:22:23 -0700 (PDT), GM
> wrote:

>On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 3:39:01 PM UTC-5, bruce bowser wrote:
>> On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 4:35:57 PM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:

>> > So what? Whiskey isn't Whisky either.

>> Well, even if it is Dewar's the best.

>" I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when theyre right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together..."

So why was she killed by the Kennedy's? What was in that for her?

--
Bruce

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 13:49:33 -0400, Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2021-06-14 11:59 a.m., Sqwertz wrote:

>>> Maker's Mark was my Bourbon back before I gave up drinking POISON altogether.

>> And look how ****ed up you became avoiding "poison".
>>

> I wonder if perhaps that poison and the rest of his self medication
> played a role in that.

It's his self-diagnosis rather than self-medication. I'm sure he
told the Free Psych Clinic doctor(s) exactly what they needed to
hear to get him that measly Seroquel script and he's misrepresenting
the true nature and extent of his illness on his yearly 12-minute
followup appts.

I wonder there are any psych majors at UMSL looking for a room to
rent and a subject for an undercover thesis, supplemented by John's
own "Dear Diary" - RFC. That would actually a pretty sweet deal for
somebody. Room, board, thesis, free rides to grocery store, plus
AYCE baked multi-bean goo.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 5:58:06 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2021-06-14 4:18 p.m., bruce bowser wrote:
> >> Its Dewar and Coke when it comes to whiskey for me, but I switched to beer normally.

> > ... when it comes to Scotch whiskey, I'm sorry.
> >

> You mix Scotch with Coke?? Ew

Evidently, you've never tried Dewar's and Coke before. But be careful, mixed drinks are EXTREMELY addictive. Just stick with beer.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 16:11:37 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 5:58:06 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
>> >
>> > ... when it comes to Scotch whiskey, I'm sorry.
>> >

>> You mix Scotch with Coke?? Ew

>Evidently, you've never tried Dewar's and Coke before. But be careful, mixed drinks are EXTREMELY addictive. Just stick with beer.

Beer's EXTREMELY addictive. Just stick with water.

--
Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, June 13, 2021 at 8:12:12 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
> When I was at my friend's today he told me he had just bought some
> Makers Mark. I said that I was curious about that because I had heard it
> was really good but reluctant to buy it because all the other bourbon I
> had tried was horrible. I wasn't hinting but he brought me a small glass
> of it to try. Holy cow. It's good.

For a long time, I didn't know that Bourbon and Scotch were whiskey.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 06:51:56 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 13:35:53 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:
>
>>On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 4:30:33 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
>>> On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 13:16:07 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser

>>> Coke isn't whisky.

>>So what? Whiskey isn't Whisky either.

>One day you'll post something that makes sense

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 13:38:58 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 4:35:57 PM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:
>> On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 4:30:33 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
>> > On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 13:16:07 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser

>> > Coke isn't whisky.

>> So what? Whiskey isn't Whisky either.

>Well, even if it is Dewar's the best.

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 06:24:19 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 10:59:37 -0500, Sqwertz >
>wrote:

>>> Maker's Mark was my Bourbon back before I gave up drinking POISON altogether.

>>And look how ****ed up you became avoiding "poison".

>"Drinking alcohol while taking Seroquel together is not advised"
><https://www.therecoveryvillage.com/alcohol-abuse/faq/alcohol-and-seroquel/>

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 13:18:05 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 4:16:11 PM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:
>> > Maker's Mark was my Bourbon back before I gave up drinking POISON altogether.

>> Its Dewar and Coke when it comes to whiskey for me, but I switched to beer normally.

>... when it comes to Scotch whiskey, I'm sorry.

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 13:16:07 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 3:24:28 AM UTC-4, wrote:
>> On Sunday, June 13, 2021 at 7:12:12 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
>> > When I was at my friend's today he told me he had just bought some
>> > Makers Mark. I said that I was curious about that because I had heard it
>> > was really good but reluctant to buy it because all the other bourbon I
>> > had tried was horrible. I wasn't hinting but he brought me a small glass
>> > of it to try. Holy cow. It's good.

>> Maker's Mark was my Bourbon back before I gave up drinking POISON altogether.

>Its Dewar and Coke when it comes to whiskey for me, but I switched to beer normally.

Bruce

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 13:16:07 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>>> Maker's Mark was my Bourbon back before I gave up drinking POISON altogether.

>>Its Dewar and Coke when it comes to whiskey for me, but I switched to beer normally.

>Coke isn't whisky. Coke's used to loosen rusty screws. I hear that
>homeless people in back alleys of big cities drink it!

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/14/2021 5:58 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2021-06-14 4:18 p.m., bruce bowser wrote:
>>> Its Dewar and Coke when it comes to whiskey for me, but I switched to
>>> beer normally.

>> ... when it comes to Scotch whiskey, I'm sorry.
>>

> You mix Scotch with Coke??Â* Ew

If Scotch whisky *must* be mixed with something, it should be ginger ale.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 17:01:35 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 6/14/2021 5:58 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>>>
>>> ... when it comes to Scotch whiskey, I'm sorry.
>>>

>> You mix Scotch with Coke??* Ew
>>

>If Scotch whisky *must* be mixed with something, it should be ginger ale.
>
>Jill

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> On 6/14/2021 5:58 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>>>
>>> ... when it comes to Scotch whiskey, I'm sorry.
>>>

>> You mix Scotch with Coke??Â* Ew
>>

> If Scotch whisky *must* be mixed with something, it should be
> ginger ale.
>
> Jill

Exactly. Most marine corps generals drink scotch and ginger ale.

Then they retire for sex, with Popeye the sailor.

toot toot.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 16:44:13 -0500, Hank Rogers >
wrote:

>jmcquown wrote:

>>> You mix Scotch with Coke??Â* Ew
>>>

>> If Scotch whisky *must* be mixed with something, it should be
>> ginger ale.
>>
>> Jill

>Exactly. Most marine corps generals drink scotch and ginger ale.
>
>Then they retire for sex, with Popeye the sailor.
>
>toot toot.

Bruce