Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Uh Oh!

I'm using a Lipton onion soup mix that has a use by date of July 2019.
I'm a bad girl. ;((
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 24 May 2021 15:09:40 -0600, US Janet >
wrote:

>I'm using a Lipton onion soup mix that has a use by date of July 2019.
>I'm a bad girl. ;((
>Janet US

Get a life, meat eater.

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/24/2021 5:09 PM, US Janet wrote:

> I'm using a Lipton onion soup mix that has a use by date of July 2019.
> I'm a bad girl. ;((
> Janet US

Risky move. I'd not do it as I could eventually die from it sometime in
the next 25 years.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>I'm using a Lipton onion soup mix that has a use by date of July 2019.
>I'm a bad girl. ;((
>Janet US

If that's as bad as you get, you're doing fine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 4:37:05 PM UTC-5, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
> On Mon, 24 May 2021 15:09:40 -0600, US Janet >
> wrote:
>

> >I'm using a Lipton onion soup mix that has a use by date of July 2019.
> >I'm a bad girl. ;((
> >Janet US

> If that's as bad as you get, you're doing fine

Well, *I* wouldn't do it, unless of course I wanted a bowl of instant
onion soup.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 4:09:47 PM UTC-5, US Janet wrote:

> I'm using a Lipton onion soup mix that has a use by date of July 2019.
> I'm a bad girl. ;((
> Janet US

I'm glad you gave us a heads up. If you drop dead after consuming the
dish this mix was used in then we can alert the coroner what bumped
you off.

))
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 24 May 2021 17:30:06 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 5/24/2021 5:09 PM, US Janet wrote:
>>
>> I'm using a Lipton onion soup mix that has a use by date of July 2019.
>> I'm a bad girl. ;((
>> Janet US
>>

>Risky move. I'd not do it as I could eventually die from it sometime in
>the next 25 years.

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 24 May 2021 14:39:57 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 4:09:47 PM UTC-5, US Janet wrote:
>>
>> I'm using a Lipton onion soup mix that has a use by date of July 2019.
>> I'm a bad girl. ;((
>> Janet US
>>

>I'm glad you gave us a heads up. If you drop dead after consuming the
>dish this mix was used in then we can alert the coroner what bumped
>you off.
>
>))

"Lipton Recipe Soup & Dip Mix, Onion
Dehydrated Onions, Salt, Corn Flour, Hydrolyzed Soy and Wheat Protein,
Sugar, Partially Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Caramel Color, Maltodextrin,
Natural and Artificial Flavors, Monosodium Glutamate, Disodium
Phosphate, Arabic Gum, Disodium Inosinate and Disodium Guanylate."

The question is not "When does it go off" but "Was it off from the
get-go"?

--
This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/24/2021 3:09 PM, US Janet wrote:

> I'm using a Lipton onion soup mix that has a use by date of July 2019.
> I'm a bad girl. ;((
> Janet US

I don't think salt and dried spices have a shelf life humans can measure.

;-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 24 May 2021 17:49:09 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On Mon, 24 May 2021 14:39:57 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:
>
>>On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 4:09:47 PM UTC-5, US Janet wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm using a Lipton onion soup mix that has a use by date of July 2019.
>>> I'm a bad girl. ;((
>>> Janet US
>>>

>>I'm glad you gave us a heads up. If you drop dead after consuming the
>>dish this mix was used in then we can alert the coroner what bumped
>>you off.
>>
>>))

>"Lipton Recipe Soup & Dip Mix, Onion
>Dehydrated Onions, Salt, Corn Flour, Hydrolyzed Soy and Wheat Protein,
>Sugar, Partially Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Caramel Color, Maltodextrin,
>Natural and Artificial Flavors, Monosodium Glutamate, Disodium
>Phosphate, Arabic Gum, Disodium Inosinate and Disodium Guanylate."
>
>The question is not "When does it go off" but "Was it off from the
>get-go"?

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 24 May 2021 16:02:40 -0600, wolfy's new skateboard
> wrote:

>On 5/24/2021 3:09 PM, US Janet wrote:
>>
>> I'm using a Lipton onion soup mix that has a use by date of July 2019.
>> I'm a bad girl. ;((
>> Janet US
>>

>I don't think salt and dried spices have a shelf life humans can measure.
>
>;-)

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/24/2021 5:09 PM, US Janet wrote:

> I'm using a Lipton onion soup mix that has a use by date of July 2019.
> I'm a bad girl. ;((
> Janet US

Oh NO! It's "expired!" <WINK>

Care to tell us what you're using it for? I'm going to take a wild
guess and say pot roast or roasted chicken.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 24 May 2021 18:11:33 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 5/24/2021 5:09 PM, US Janet wrote:
>>
>> I'm using a Lipton onion soup mix that has a use by date of July 2019.
>> I'm a bad girl. ;((
>> Janet US
>>

>Oh NO! It's "expired!" <WINK>
>
>Care to tell us what you're using it for? I'm going to take a wild
>guess and say pot roast or roasted chicken.
>
>Jill

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/24/2021 4:11 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 5/24/2021 5:09 PM, US Janet wrote:
>>
>> I'm using a Lipton onion soup mix that has a use by date of July 2019.
>> I'm a bad girl.Â* ;((
>> Janet US
>>

> Oh NO!Â* It's "expired!" <WINK>
>
> Care to tell us what you're using it for?Â* I'm going to take a wild
> guess and say pot roast or roasted chicken.
>
> Jill

Its what most of us do.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/24/2021 2:09 PM, US Janet wrote:

> I'm using a Lipton onion soup mix that has a use by date of July 2019.
> I'm a bad girl. ;((
> Janet US

Not a problem. Just get some good red wine that is only a week old to
go with it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 24 May 2021 16:15:12 -0600, wolfy's new skateboard
> wrote:

>On 5/24/2021 4:11 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>> On 5/24/2021 5:09 PM, US Janet wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm using a Lipton onion soup mix that has a use by date of July 2019.
>>> I'm a bad girl.* ;((
>>> Janet US
>>>

>> Oh NO!* It's "expired!" <WINK>
>>
>> Care to tell us what you're using it for?* I'm going to take a wild
>> guess and say pot roast or roasted chicken.
>>
>> Jill

>Its what most of us do.

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 24 May 2021 15:17:02 -0700, Taxed and Spent
> wrote:

>On 5/24/2021 2:09 PM, US Janet wrote:
>>
>> I'm using a Lipton onion soup mix that has a use by date of July 2019.
>> I'm a bad girl. ;((
>> Janet US
>>

>Not a problem. Just get some good red wine that is only a week old to
>go with it.

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 24 May 2021 14:39:48 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> wrote:

>On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 4:37:05 PM UTC-5, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
>> On Mon, 24 May 2021 15:09:40 -0600, US Janet >
>> wrote:
>>

>> >I'm using a Lipton onion soup mix that has a use by date of July 2019.
>> >I'm a bad girl. ;((
>> >Janet US

>> If that's as bad as you get, you're doing fine
>>

>Well, *I* wouldn't do it, unless of course I wanted a bowl of instant
>onion soup.
>>

>--Bryan

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 24 May 2021 14:39:57 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 4:09:47 PM UTC-5, US Janet wrote:
>>
>> I'm using a Lipton onion soup mix that has a use by date of July 2019.
>> I'm a bad girl. ;((
>> Janet US
>>

>I'm glad you gave us a heads up. If you drop dead after consuming the
>dish this mix was used in then we can alert the coroner what bumped
>you off.
>
>))

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 24 May 2021 18:36:59 -0300, Lucretia Borgia
> wrote:

>On Mon, 24 May 2021 15:09:40 -0600, US Janet >
>wrote:
>

>>I'm using a Lipton onion soup mix that has a use by date of July 2019.
>>I'm a bad girl. ;((
>>Janet US

>If that's as bad as you get, you're doing fine

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On 5/24/2021 5:09 PM, US Janet wrote:
>>
>> I'm using a Lipton onion soup mix that has a use by date of July 2019.
>> I'm a bad girl. ;((
>> Janet US
>>

>Oh NO! It's "expired!" <WINK>
>
>Care to tell us what you're using it for? I'm going to take a wild
>guess and say pot roast or roasted chicken.

I'm guessing she's making a herbicide.

--
This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 24 May 2021 18:27:53 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On Mon, 24 May 2021 18:11:33 -0400, jmcquown >
>wrote:
>
>>On 5/24/2021 5:09 PM, US Janet wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm using a Lipton onion soup mix that has a use by date of July 2019.
>>> I'm a bad girl. ;((
>>> Janet US
>>>

>>Oh NO! It's "expired!" <WINK>
>>
>>Care to tell us what you're using it for? I'm going to take a wild
>>guess and say pot roast or roasted chicken.

>I'm guessing she's making a herbicide.

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 24 May 2021 15:17:02 -0700, Taxed and Spent
> wrote:

>On 5/24/2021 2:09 PM, US Janet wrote:
>>
>> I'm using a Lipton onion soup mix that has a use by date of July 2019.
>> I'm a bad girl. ;((
>> Janet US
>>

>Not a problem. Just get some good red wine that is only a week old to
>go with it.

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>I'm using a Lipton onion soup mix that has a use by date of July 2019.
>I'm a bad girl. ;((
>Janet US

Fine aged Lipton, a gourmet's choice!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 24 May 2021 20:11:13 -0400, Boron Elgar
> wrote:

>On Mon, 24 May 2021 15:09:40 -0600, US Janet >
>wrote:
>

>>I'm using a Lipton onion soup mix that has a use by date of July 2019.
>>I'm a bad girl. ;((
>>Janet US

>Fine aged Lipton, a gourmet's choice!

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 24 May 2021 14:39:57 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 4:09:47 PM UTC-5, US Janet wrote:
>>
>> I'm using a Lipton onion soup mix that has a use by date of July 2019.
>> I'm a bad girl. ;((
>> Janet US
>>

>I'm glad you gave us a heads up. If you drop dead after consuming the
>dish this mix was used in then we can alert the coroner what bumped
>you off.
>
>))

thank you for your care and concern )
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 24 May 2021 16:02:40 -0600, wolfy's new skateboard
> wrote:

>On 5/24/2021 3:09 PM, US Janet wrote:
>>
>> I'm using a Lipton onion soup mix that has a use by date of July 2019.
>> I'm a bad girl. ;((
>> Janet US
>>

>I don't think salt and dried spices have a shelf life humans can measure.
>
>;-)

I'd heard that it had an extraodinary half life
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On 5/24/2021 5:09 PM, US Janet wrote:
>>
>> I'm using a Lipton onion soup mix that has a use by date of July 2019.
>> I'm a bad girl. ;((
>> Janet US
>>

>Oh NO! It's "expired!" <WINK>
>
>Care to tell us what you're using it for? I'm going to take a wild
>guess and say pot roast or roasted chicken.
>
>Jill

meat loaf
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 24 May 2021 15:17:02 -0700, Taxed and Spent
> wrote:

>On 5/24/2021 2:09 PM, US Janet wrote:
>>
>> I'm using a Lipton onion soup mix that has a use by date of July 2019.
>> I'm a bad girl. ;((
>> Janet US
>>

>Not a problem. Just get some good red wine that is only a week old to
>go with it.

Oh, heck, I used that a couple of days ago with the pot roast. It was
excellent, BTW. I just buy those little bottles for cooking
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 24 May 2021 20:11:13 -0400, Boron Elgar
> wrote:

>On Mon, 24 May 2021 15:09:40 -0600, US Janet >
>wrote:
>

>>I'm using a Lipton onion soup mix that has a use by date of July 2019.
>>I'm a bad girl. ;((
>>Janet US

>Fine aged Lipton, a gourmet's choice!

A connoisseur of the fine things in life!
Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 25, 2021 at 12:37:52 AM UTC-5, US Janet wrote:

> On Mon, 24 May 2021 14:39:57 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
> >
> >On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 4:09:47 PM UTC-5, US Janet wrote:
> >>
> >> I'm using a Lipton onion soup mix that has a use by date of July 2019.
> >> I'm a bad girl. ;((
> >> Janet US
> >>

> >I'm glad you gave us a heads up. If you drop dead after consuming the
> >dish this mix was used in then we can alert the coroner what bumped
> >you off.
> >
> >))
> >

> thank you for your care and concern )
> Janet US

)))
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 24 May 2021 23:48:27 -0600, US Janet >
wrote:

>On Mon, 24 May 2021 20:11:13 -0400, Boron Elgar
> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 24 May 2021 15:09:40 -0600, US Janet >
>>wrote:
>>

>>>I'm using a Lipton onion soup mix that has a use by date of July 2019.
>>>I'm a bad girl. ;((
>>>Janet US

>>Fine aged Lipton, a gourmet's choice!

>A connoisseur of the fine things in life!
>Janet US

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 4:49:18 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
> On Mon, 24 May 2021 14:39:57 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> >On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 4:09:47 PM UTC-5, US Janet wrote:
> >>
> >> I'm using a Lipton onion soup mix that has a use by date of July 2019.
> >> I'm a bad girl. ;((
> >> Janet US
> >>

> >I'm glad you gave us a heads up. If you drop dead after consuming the
> >dish this mix was used in then we can alert the coroner what bumped
> >you off.
> >
> >))

> "Lipton Recipe Soup & Dip Mix, Onion
> Dehydrated Onions, Salt, Corn Flour, Hydrolyzed Soy and Wheat Protein,
> Sugar, Partially Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Caramel Color, Maltodextrin,
> Natural and Artificial Flavors, Monosodium Glutamate, Disodium
> Phosphate, Arabic Gum, Disodium Inosinate and Disodium Guanylate."
>
> The question is not "When does it go off" but "Was it off from the
> get-go"?
> --
> This is a message from the other Dave Smith.

When you learned to cook from little 15 cent booklets at the grocery
checklanes, or from a mother who learned to cook from little 10 cent
booklets at the grocery checklanes, packets of onion soup seem like
perfectly reasonable ingredients. They were *mothers' little helpers*.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 25 May 2021 02:04:18 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> wrote:

>On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 4:49:18 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On Mon, 24 May 2021 14:39:57 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:

>> >I'm glad you gave us a heads up. If you drop dead after consuming the
>> >dish this mix was used in then we can alert the coroner what bumped
>> >you off.
>> >
>> >))

>> "Lipton Recipe Soup & Dip Mix, Onion
>> Dehydrated Onions, Salt, Corn Flour, Hydrolyzed Soy and Wheat Protein,
>> Sugar, Partially Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Caramel Color, Maltodextrin,
>> Natural and Artificial Flavors, Monosodium Glutamate, Disodium
>> Phosphate, Arabic Gum, Disodium Inosinate and Disodium Guanylate."
>>
>> The question is not "When does it go off" but "Was it off from the
>> get-go"?
>> --
>> This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
>>

>When you learned to cook from little 15 cent booklets at the grocery
>checklanes, or from a mother who learned to cook from little 10 cent
>booklets at the grocery checklanes, packets of onion soup seem like
>perfectly reasonable ingredients. They were *mothers' little helpers*.
>>

>--Bryan

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 25, 2021 at 1:48:34 AM UTC-4, US Janet wrote:
> On Mon, 24 May 2021 20:11:13 -0400, Boron Elgar
> > wrote:
> >On Mon, 24 May 2021 15:09:40 -0600, US Janet >
> >wrote:
> >

> >>I'm using a Lipton onion soup mix that has a use by date of July 2019.
> >>I'm a bad girl. ;((
> >>Janet US

> >Fine aged Lipton, a gourmet's choice!

> A connoisseur of the fine things in life!
> Janet US

This article was reprinted in my local newspaper this morning:

<https://www.al.com/life/2021/05/betty-crocker-raised-my-boys.html>

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/24/2021 5:30 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 5/24/2021 5:09 PM, US Janet wrote:
>>
>> I'm using a Lipton onion soup mix that has a use by date of July 2019.
>> I'm a bad girl. ;((
>> Janet US
>>

> Risky move. I'd not do it as I could eventually die from it sometime in
> the next 25 years.

Problem is... you've already consumed something that will kill you
within 25 years or so. Even fresh carrots can do that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 25 May 2021 02:58:10 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, May 25, 2021 at 1:48:34 AM UTC-4, US Janet wrote:
>> On Mon, 24 May 2021 20:11:13 -0400, Boron Elgar
>> > wrote:

>> >Fine aged Lipton, a gourmet's choice!

>> A connoisseur of the fine things in life!
>> Janet US

>This article was reprinted in my local newspaper this morning:
>
><https://www.al.com/life/2021/05/betty-crocker-raised-my-boys.html>
>
>Cindy Hamilton

Good idea for kids. I always wondered how a mom could afford to feed
the hoard every day after school.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 25 May 2021 12:37:19 +0100, Janet > wrote:

>In article >,
says...

>> I'm using a Lipton onion soup mix that has a use by date of July 2019.
>> I'm a bad girl. ;((
>> Janet US

> Oh, did you make that loverly American greenbean casserole dish?
>
> I do hope someone posts that recipe again.
>
> Janet UK

No, I didn't. I've never made nor eaten that particular dish.
Janet US