Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default My fast food update

On Sat, 29 May 2021 22:26:48 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Saturday, May 29, 2021 at 4:08:10 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On Sat, 29 May 2021 18:55:00 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
>> > wrote:

>> > I like Tulsi Gabbard, she would have made a fine president.

>> Ah yes, the European/Samoan woman.
>> > Unfortunately, the democratic
>> > party was scared to death of her because she was so charismatic, was
>> > a rising star, and wasn't a team player. As things stand now, a
>> > person that refuses to play the party politics game would be a much
>> > needed change in our leadership.

>> Donald Trump!
>> > She rented an office I used to have on the second floor of a building in Kaneohe.

>> That's a very minor claim to fame.
>> > She used it as a campaign headquarters for her second run for congress. I
>> > rented another office downstairs next to the elevator because I
>> > mistakenly believed that I'd get better "exposure", in addition to
>> > cheaper rent.
>> > I'd often see her campaign manager by the elevator taking a call. He looked like a
>> > baby-faced, wunderkind of some sort. I never saw her but that's
>> > probably because I was scared to death of her. My wife and I knew of
>> > her dad's ultra conservative leanings, her family's relationship with
>> > a mystery religious cult, the religious cult's relationship with the
>> > community and their shady business practices. I wasn't interested in
>> > looking for her.

>> I can imagine. She sounds like the last person you'd want as
>> president. Isn't she also a homophobe?
>> > OTOH, had I known she was going to run for
>> > president, I would have introduced myself and talked to her a bit. Well, that's the breaks -
>> > these days, it's tough to succeed without being a team player.

>> If you're not a team player, you won't get very far in politics. The
>> US isn't Belarus.
>> --
>> The other Dave Smith.

>I'm not a team player either. I won't play rfc's reindeer games. That's the breaks.
>I had some reservations about Tulsi but after hearing her ideas, I see that she speaks the truth. She's not just saying things that people want to hear. I admire that in a person. Tulsi is just alright with me.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zut3IWE4TRQ

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 30 May 2021 09:42:05 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Sunday, May 30, 2021 at 5:30:58 AM UTC-10, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:

>> > I have never said or even implied that white people were inferior. Nobody on this rock thinks like that. Well, a few do but not my family. You can't even provide one shred of evidence of that. Don't you find that strange? I sure do.
>> > My position has always been is that the people on the mainland are still fighting a war between the North and South and I don't like how some white people treat black folks and hispanic people. I've repeated this numerous times.These days, I don't like how they treat Asians and Hawaiians too. Thanks rfc - you suck!
>> >

>> North vs. south is OLD news man!
>>
>> Confederate flags are almost GONE.
>>
>> White people actually created affirmative action and civil rights FOR
>> people of color, or have you forgotten???
>>
>> Try not to let the racist old bidies here sour you on the mainland.
>>
>> I have seen the enemy, and we ain't them!

>That North vs. South thing wasn't old news to me back on my first visit to the mainland. Rather, it was a revelation. It was a lesson that was never covered in school in Hawaii. The Emancipation Proclamation and the end of the Civil War was supposed to change everything in America. It did not. The signing of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 by President Johnson was the law that was supposed to change everything. It did not. The chipping away of the vestiges of American slavery is a slow process. I figure it'll take a hundred more years for the Civil War to truly end - but I could be wrong.
>I'm not sour on the mainland. I got treated alright. OTOH, my guess is that things have deteriorated for Asians since I was last there. I don't hate white folks but my haole wife might. She can't ever forget how her Korean mom was treated on the mainland by white people. She's still hopping mad about that!

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 30 May 2021 09:56:05 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Sunday, May 30, 2021 at 12:42:10 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
>
>> That North vs. South thing wasn't old news to me back on my first visit to the mainland. Rather, it
>> was a revelation. It was a lesson that was never covered in school in Hawaii. The Emancipation
>> Proclamation and the end of the Civil War was supposed to change everything in America. It did
>> not. The signing of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 by President Johnson was the law that was
>> supposed to change everything. It did not.

>Why would you expect a change in laws to produce a change in people? They're
>still the same tribal shitbags they've been since the first caveman killed the
>guy in the next cave for not being a member of First Caveman's family.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 30 May 2021 11:06:34 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Sunday, May 30, 2021 at 7:47:54 AM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:
>> dsi1 wrote:

>> > That's some pretty bold talk from a disgusting pervert. As you say,
>> > your words are on display for All THE WORLD TO SEE. I hope you're
>> > proud of yourself! As we all know, the many here are a bunch of
>> > cowards that can't back up their claims. That's the breaks!
>> >

>> https://groups.google.com/g/rec.food...m/7dICp8ryAQAJ
>> There you go again. You really need to check your blockers. Now you
>> even have the spammers telling you that you have issues. I quoted some
>> of it and you removed it and replied that way.
>>
>> True anti-racism is calling people on it, regardless of ethnic
>> group/race etc. NO ONE HERE but you and Sheldon say racist stuff. If
>> you get any, check headers. I am not an expert at that but I can tell
>> the basics. After this long, there shouldn't be anyone who can't tell
>> the basics unless they can't see headers at all.

>What the heck are "blockers?"
>I'm not calling anybody out for racist talk. That's your job, not mine. These people are just hungry for attention and are resorting to race-baiting. It's a favorite technique in rfc. I ain't falling for it nor will I feed these hungry, hungry, trolls.
>Again, I call your bluff. What racist stuff am I saying? If you're such a Usenet expert let's see what you can do and demonstrate that what you say is true. If you can't, it means you're just race-baiting. Same as the other trolls. Hungry for attention, much?

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 29 May 2021 19:08:20 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Saturday, May 29, 2021 at 1:01:59 PM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote:

>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-K...rogatory_terms

>> > Thank you.
>> >
>> > Jill

>> He doesn't get it though. He's also reading a bunch of aioe and other
>> spammer crap too.
>>
>> Best I can tell once you eliminate the spammers, we have only 2 racists
>> here. dsi1 and Sheldon. Sheldon when sober doesn't normally say
>> anything bad, but yes, there have been times where he did.

>I have never said or even implied that white people were inferior. Nobody on this rock thinks like that. Well, a few do but not my family. You can't even provide one shred of evidence of that. Don't you find that strange? I sure do.
>My position has always been is that the people on the mainland are still fighting a war between the North and South and I don't like how some white people treat black folks and hispanic people. I've repeated this numerous times.These days, I don't like how they treat Asians and Hawaiians too. Thanks rfc - you suck!

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 30 May 2021 14:13:44 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Sunday, May 30, 2021 at 10:44:52 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>> > Call me old-fashioned but I expect that laws would change the behavior of members of a society. Aren't we a nation of laws? Isn't it a founding principle of the United States? What the hell is going on on the mainland???

>> Jesus, you're naive. People who have racism ingrained in them from childhood
>> are not going to change just because the laws say they should.
>>
>> If laws changed the behavior of members of a society, we wouldn't need
>> police or courts.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

>What you call nieve, I call idealistic. I refuse to be a cynic. Thank you Jesus!

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 30 May 2021 14:10:07 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Sunday, May 30, 2021 at 10:44:02 AM UTC-10, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:

>> > My guess is that some folks here have probably suffered an injury to their prefrontal cortex. This results in a inability to suppress inappropriate/unwanted behavior. My neighbor suffered a stroke and used to masturbate on his front lanai and make noises at my kids on the street. It's some pretty wild stuff. I think these days, the family keeps him chained in his bedroom. It's a solution we all can live with.

>> Ick!
>>
>> Like some form of Tourettes I suppose, how profoundly odd.
>> > My son's ex-girlfriend had a brain scan recently because she wasn't feeling right. The scan revealed that a couple of car accidents that she had a few years ago has resulted in damage to her brain and a complete loss of function in her prefrontal lobe. This, I suppose, explains a lot.
>> > I wouldn't get too excited about uncle - he can't help himself.
>> >

>> This?
>>
>> https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30422576/
>>
>> Harlow first described this collection of symptoms as "frontal lobe
>> syndrome" after his research on the famous Phineas Gage who suffered a
>> dramatic change in behavior as a result of trauma. Thus, an abnormality
>> in the frontal lobe could dramatically change not only processing but
>> personality and goal-oriented directed behavior.

>Uncle used to be a great and informative poster. It's kind of scary to see someone got through such a big change in personality. That's the brain for you - sometimes it's the ugliest part of your body.

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 30 May 2021 13:53:54 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Sunday, May 30, 2021 at 10:22:05 AM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:
>
>> You were talking to the troll side of Gregory Morrow who used a racist
>> term on you. You reference the rest of us as ignoring all that.. Yes,
>> because we block spammers. You eliminate in quotes all your own
>> misbehavior then continually ask for what you said and when requoted,
>> you remove it again....
>>
>> I am not race baiting nor seeking attention. The negative attention
>> you are getting is all your own behavior derived.

>It should have been pretty obvious that I knew who I was talking to. It's one of my very special talents.
>As far as my racist remarks go, which ones are you so incensed by? Is it that I don't like how white people on the mainland treat black folks and hispanics? Is it that I think that the war between the states still rages on? You don't like that I said grits are mostly eaten by folks in the South?
>How about West Virginia being the redneck capitol of the united states? It think that statement is probably racist but I never said that. My wife said that one. I said "whoa, that's kind of intense, man!" I suppose I can't blame her. I'd probably feel the same way if my mom was mistreated by mainlanders too.
>Please, killfile me now! I don't have enough time in my day responding to people who want to suppress me from telling the truth as I see it.

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 30 May 2021 13:44:49 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Sunday, May 30, 2021 at 3:17:27 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:

>> > Why would you expect a change in laws to produce a change in people? They're
>> > still the same tribal shitbags they've been since the first caveman killed the
>> > guy in the next cave for not being a member of First Caveman's family.
>> >
>> > Cindy Hamilton

>> Call me old-fashioned but I expect that laws would change the behavior of members of a society. Aren't we a nation of laws? Isn't it a founding principle of the United States? What the hell is going on on the mainland???

>Jesus, you're naive. People who have racism ingrained in them from childhood
>are not going to change just because the laws say they should.
>
>If laws changed the behavior of members of a society, we wouldn't need
>police or courts.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 30 May 2021 13:44:21 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> wrote:

>On Sunday, May 30, 2021 at 2:51:37 PM UTC-5, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
>> On 5/30/2021 1:17 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>>
>> >Aren't we a nation of laws?

>> We used to be.
>>

>https://avalon.law.yale.edu/19th_century/fugitive.asp
>>

>--Bryan

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

dsi1 wrote:

> On Sunday, May 30, 2021 at 10:22:05 AM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:
>
> > You were talking to the troll side of Gregory Morrow who used a racist
> > term on you. You reference the rest of us as ignoring all that.. Yes,
> > because we block spammers. You eliminate in quotes all your own
> > misbehavior then continually ask for what you said and when requoted,
> > you remove it again....
> >
> > I am not race baiting nor seeking attention. The negative attention
> > you are getting is all your own behavior derived.

> It should have been pretty obvious that I knew who I was talking to. It's one of my very special talents.
> As far as my racist remarks go, which ones are you so incensed by? Is it that I don't like how white people on the mainland treat black folks and hispanics? Is it that I think that the war between the states still rages on? You don't like that I said grits are mostly eaten by folks in the South?
> How about West Virginia being the redneck capitol of the united states? It think that statement is probably racist but I never said that. My wife said that one. I said "whoa, that's kind of intense, man!" I suppose I can't blame her. I'd probably feel the same way if my mom was mistreated by mainlanders too.
> Please, killfile me now! I don't have enough time in my day responding to people who want to suppress me from telling the truth as I see it.

Poi Boi here spends his days double - talking, flim - flamming, and loutishly lounging about on rfc...regaling us with his "crafty" racist cant and shady tales of "free - range" fowls that lay "magic eggs"...

As for his "special talents", once in a whiles he'll palm off one of his shoddy over - priced hearing aids to some naive unsuspecting oldster or mentally - challenged person; his "customers" are forced to sign atrociously expensive "service contracts", further plunging these poor souls into spiraling debt and hopeless despair...

MEANWHILES his poor wife is forced to work a minimum - wage "team member" gig at Starbuck's...

Recently she was attacked by a "customer", she was knocked down and was unconscious for awhiles...

Poi Boi "made light" of the sitch here, laffing about it as if she were some abstract fake cartoon character who got knocked on her noggin...

WHO do you respect more, Running Dog of Prevarication Poi Boi OR his hapless wife, hmmmm...???

cshenk to Poi Boi on 5/30/21: "The negative attention you are getting is all your own behavior derived..."

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/30/2021 4:20 PM, GM wrote:
> Recently she was attacked by a "customer", she was knocked down and was unconscious for awhiles...
>
> Poi Boi "made light" of the sitch here, laffing about it as if she were some abstract fake cartoon character who got knocked on her noggin...

Prove that.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, May 30, 2021 at 12:34:54 PM UTC-10, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
> On 5/30/2021 4:20 PM, GM wrote:
> > Recently she was attacked by a "customer", she was knocked down and was unconscious for awhiles...
> >
> > Poi Boi "made light" of the sitch here, laffing about it as if she were some abstract fake cartoon character who got knocked on her noggin...

> Prove that.

My wife and I are simpatico to a high degree. It's kind of weird. When she's ill or pregnant, I can literally feel her pain. I once took her to the emergency room because she was feeling disoriented and anxious. When she got checked in, I drove home to get her some supplies. On the way home, I'd have periods of not being able to recognize where the heck I was. It was like waking up from sleeping and finding yourself driving somewhere. This happened both ways. I'm sure glad I didn't crash and die. Anyway, when she was released, she was fine and I was fine. I've never had that happen again. How weird is that?
I suspect Mr. greg has DID.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissoc...ntity_disorder
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/30/2021 5:08 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Sunday, May 30, 2021 at 12:34:54 PM UTC-10, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
>> On 5/30/2021 4:20 PM, GM wrote:
>>> Recently she was attacked by a "customer", she was knocked down and was unconscious for awhiles...
>>>
>>> Poi Boi "made light" of the sitch here, laffing about it as if she were some abstract fake cartoon character who got knocked on her noggin...

>> Prove that.

> My wife and I are simpatico to a high degree. It's kind of weird. When she's ill or pregnant, I can literally feel her pain. I once took her to the emergency room because she was feeling disoriented and anxious. When she got checked in, I drove home to get her some supplies. On the way home, I'd have periods of not being able to recognize where the heck I was. It was like waking up from sleeping and finding yourself driving somewhere. This happened both ways. I'm sure glad I didn't crash and die. Anyway, when she was released, she was fine and I was fine. I've never had that happen again. How weird is that?
> I suspect Mr. greg has DID.
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissoc...ntity_disorder

Ah ha!

Very cool that you two are bonded sols, that is somewhat more rare these
divorce-a-minute days.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 30 May 2021 15:20:42 -0700 (PDT), GM
> wrote:

>dsi1 wrote:
>
>> On Sunday, May 30, 2021 at 10:22:05 AM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:
>>
>> > You were talking to the troll side of Gregory Morrow who used a racist
>> > term on you. You reference the rest of us as ignoring all that.. Yes,
>> > because we block spammers. You eliminate in quotes all your own
>> > misbehavior then continually ask for what you said and when requoted,
>> > you remove it again....
>> >
>> > I am not race baiting nor seeking attention. The negative attention
>> > you are getting is all your own behavior derived.

>> It should have been pretty obvious that I knew who I was talking to. It's one of my very special talents.
>> As far as my racist remarks go, which ones are you so incensed by? Is it that I don't like how white people on the mainland treat black folks and hispanics? Is it that I think that the war between the states still rages on? You don't like that I said grits are mostly eaten by folks in the South?
>> How about West Virginia being the redneck capitol of the united states? It think that statement is probably racist but I never said that. My wife said that one. I said "whoa, that's kind of intense, man!" I suppose I can't blame her. I'd probably feel the same way if my mom was mistreated by mainlanders too.
>> Please, killfile me now! I don't have enough time in my day responding to people who want to suppress me from telling the truth as I see it.

>Poi Boi here spends his days double - talking, flim - flamming, and loutishly lounging about on rfc...regaling us with his "crafty" racist cant and shady tales of "free - range" fowls that lay "magic eggs"...
>
>As for his "special talents", once in a whiles he'll palm off one of his shoddy over - priced hearing aids to some naive unsuspecting oldster or mentally - challenged person; his "customers" are forced to sign atrociously expensive "service contracts", further plunging these poor souls into spiraling debt and hopeless despair...
>
>MEANWHILES his poor wife is forced to work a minimum - wage "team member" gig at Starbuck's...
>
>Recently she was attacked by a "customer", she was knocked down and was unconscious for awhiles...
>
>Poi Boi "made light" of the sitch here, laffing about it as if she were some abstract fake cartoon character who got knocked on her noggin...
>
>WHO do you respect more, Running Dog of Prevarication Poi Boi OR his hapless wife, hmmmm...???
>
>cshenk to Poi Boi on 5/30/21: "The negative attention you are getting is all your own behavior derived..."

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 30 May 2021 16:08:43 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Sunday, May 30, 2021 at 12:34:54 PM UTC-10, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
>> On 5/30/2021 4:20 PM, GM wrote:
>> > Recently she was attacked by a "customer", she was knocked down and was unconscious for awhiles...
>> >
>> > Poi Boi "made light" of the sitch here, laffing about it as if she were some abstract fake cartoon character who got knocked on her noggin...

>> Prove that.

>My wife and I are simpatico to a high degree. It's kind of weird. When she's ill or pregnant, I can literally feel her pain. I once took her to the emergency room because she was feeling disoriented and anxious. When she got checked in, I drove home to get her some supplies. On the way home, I'd have periods of not being able to recognize where the heck I was. It was like waking up from sleeping and finding yourself driving somewhere. This happened both ways. I'm sure glad I didn't crash and die. Anyway, when she was released, she was fine and I was fine. I've never had that happen again. How weird is that?
>I suspect Mr. greg has DID.
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissoc...ntity_disorder

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 30/05/2021 17:42, dsi1 wrote:

> That North vs. South thing wasn't old news to me back on my first visit to the mainland. Rather, it was a revelation. It was a lesson that was never covered in school in Hawaii. The Emancipation Proclamation and the end of the Civil War was supposed to change everything in America. It did not. The signing of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 by President Johnson was the law that was supposed to change everything. It did not. The chipping away of the vestiges of American slavery is a slow process. I figure it'll take a hundred more years for the Civil War to truly end - but I could be wrong.
> I'm not sour on the mainland. I got treated alright. OTOH, my guess is that things have deteriorated for Asians since I was last there. I don't hate white folks but my haole wife might. She can't ever forget how her Korean mom was treated on the mainland by white people. She's still hopping mad about that!

====

I am really sad to hear that(
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 31 May 2021 10:02:16 +0100, Ophelia >
wrote:

>On 30/05/2021 17:42, dsi1 wrote:
>

>> That North vs. South thing wasn't old news to me back on my first visit to the mainland. Rather, it was a revelation. It was a lesson that was never covered in school in Hawaii. The Emancipation Proclamation and the end of the Civil War was supposed to change everything in America. It did not. The signing of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 by President Johnson was the law that was supposed to change everything. It did not. The chipping away of the vestiges of American slavery is a slow process. I figure it'll take a hundred more years for the Civil War to truly end - but I could be wrong.
>> I'm not sour on the mainland. I got treated alright. OTOH, my guess is that things have deteriorated for Asians since I was last there. I don't hate white folks but my haole wife might. She can't ever forget how her Korean mom was treated on the mainland by white people. She's still hopping mad about that!
>>

>====
>
> I am really sad to hear that(

The other Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2021-05-30 1:52 p.m., cshenk wrote:
> > cshenk wrote:

> > > Grin, kinda nice to have a spouse who also cooks! I've been lucky
> > > that I always had that.

> > Oh Dave, Wok cooking. Don is the one who loves that so I just chop
> > it all up for him and get out of his way.

> I do the wokking and the chopping. My wife is not very dextrous. It
> would take her forever to cut the vegetables and she would likely cut
> herself in the process. Sorry, but that is a fact. She is excellent
> at roasts and braising and things that take time. I am better at
> sauteing and wok style stir frying.
>

> > I make almost all the rice. For some odd reason, the rice maker
> > slightly intimidates him? He'll ask me to make some then turn it
> > into something like a rice-a-roni with added whatever for a meal.

> I bought an inexpensive rice cooker a couple months ago. I ended up
> going back to cooking it in a pot on the stove.

No problem Dave, to each their own! I am very used to a rice maker. I
suspect it's charm hits with those who make a lot of rice weekly.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 31 May 2021 18:11:57 -0500, "cshenk"
> wrote:

>Dave Smith wrote:

>> > Oh Dave, Wok cooking. Don is the one who loves that so I just chop
>> > it all up for him and get out of his way.

>> I do the wokking and the chopping. My wife is not very dextrous. It
>> would take her forever to cut the vegetables and she would likely cut
>> herself in the process. Sorry, but that is a fact. She is excellent
>> at roasts and braising and things that take time. I am better at
>> sauteing and wok style stir frying.
>>

>> > I make almost all the rice. For some odd reason, the rice maker
>> > slightly intimidates him? He'll ask me to make some then turn it
>> > into something like a rice-a-roni with added whatever for a meal.

>> I bought an inexpensive rice cooker a couple months ago. I ended up
>> going back to cooking it in a pot on the stove.

>No problem Dave, to each their own! I am very used to a rice maker. I
>suspect it's charm hits with those who make a lot of rice weekly.

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 31 May 2021 18:11:57 -0500, "cshenk"
> wrote:

>Dave Smith wrote:

>> > Oh Dave, Wok cooking. Don is the one who loves that so I just chop
>> > it all up for him and get out of his way.

>> I do the wokking and the chopping. My wife is not very dextrous. It
>> would take her forever to cut the vegetables and she would likely cut
>> herself in the process. Sorry, but that is a fact. She is excellent
>> at roasts and braising and things that take time. I am better at
>> sauteing and wok style stir frying.
>>
>> > I make almost all the rice. For some odd reason, the rice maker
>> > slightly intimidates him? He'll ask me to make some then turn it
>> > into something like a rice-a-roni with added whatever for a meal.

>> I bought an inexpensive rice cooker a couple months ago. I ended up
>> going back to cooking it in a pot on the stove.

>No problem Dave, to each their own! I am very used to a rice maker. I
>suspect it's charm hits with those who make a lot of rice weekly.

We don't eat a lot of rice but when we do cook rice it's done Puerto
Rican style, in a large aluminum pot called a caldero... we rarely
have plain white rice. Asian style is not our favorite... we buy Goya
rice.
http://www.elboricua.com/recipes.html
http://www.elboricua.com/Calderos.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 01 Jun 2021 09:44:27 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
wrote:

>On Mon, 31 May 2021 18:11:57 -0500, "cshenk"
> wrote:
>
>>Dave Smith wrote:

>>> I do the wokking and the chopping. My wife is not very dextrous. It
>>> would take her forever to cut the vegetables and she would likely cut
>>> herself in the process. Sorry, but that is a fact. She is excellent
>>> at roasts and braising and things that take time. I am better at
>>> sauteing and wok style stir frying.

>>> I bought an inexpensive rice cooker a couple months ago. I ended up
>>> going back to cooking it in a pot on the stove.

>>No problem Dave, to each their own! I am very used to a rice maker. I
>>suspect it's charm hits with those who make a lot of rice weekly.

>We don't eat a lot of rice but when we do cook rice it's done Puerto
>Rican style, in a large aluminum pot called a caldero... we rarely
>have plain white rice. Asian style is not our favorite... we buy Goya
>rice.
>http://www.elboricua.com/recipes.html
>http://www.elboricua.com/Calderos.html

The other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Mon, 31 May 2021 18:11:57 -0500, "cshenk"
> > wrote:
>
>> Dave Smith wrote:

>>> I do the wokking and the chopping. My wife is not very dextrous. It
>>> would take her forever to cut the vegetables and she would likely cut
>>> herself in the process. Sorry, but that is a fact. She is excellent
>>> at roasts and braising and things that take time. I am better at
>>> sauteing and wok style stir frying.

>>> I bought an inexpensive rice cooker a couple months ago. I ended up
>>> going back to cooking it in a pot on the stove.

>> No problem Dave, to each their own! I am very used to a rice maker. I
>> suspect it's charm hits with those who make a lot of rice weekly.

> We don't eat a lot of rice but when we do cook rice it's done Puerto
> Rican style, in a large aluminum pot called a caldero... we rarely
> have plain white rice. Asian style is not our favorite... we buy Goya
> rice.
> http://www.elboricua.com/recipes.html
> http://www.elboricua.com/Calderos.html

What about all dat fly lice yoose eats Popeye?

Posted to rec.food.cooking