Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default My fast food update

On 5/26/2021 7:53 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 5/26/2021 8:42 PM, cshenk wrote:
>> songbird wrote:

>>> Â*Â* life without tomatoes, beans and squash would be a very
>>> sad state of affairs.
>>>

>>> Â*Â* songbird

>> Native Americans like every other culture, contributed a great deal to
>> all of us.Â* Human selective crop propagation to make a 'wheat like
>> sheath' into the corn type we know today,Â* Chocolate anyone?
>> Pineapples?Â* Potatoes?
>>
>> I'd say they have added their share along with tomatoes and quite a few
>> other vegetables.

> That can't be right.Â* According to Rick Santorum the Native Americans
> added nothing to the country.Â* He also lost his job at CNN for saying that.

The RINO got booted by the king's court jesters?

Oh no!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/26/2021 7:53 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 26, 2021 at 2:42:40 PM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:
>> songbird wrote:

>>> life without tomatoes, beans and squash would be a very
>>> sad state of affairs.
>>>

>>> songbird

>> Native Americans like every other culture, contributed a great deal to
>> all of us. Human selective crop propagation to make a 'wheat like
>> sheath' into the corn type we know today, Chocolate anyone?
>> Pineapples? Potatoes?
>>
>> I'd say they have added their share along with tomatoes and quite a few
>> other vegetables.
>>
>> Hawaiians addition. Poi maybe? Didn't catch on.

> What great contributions did your state make to the American culinary scene? Lipton Onion Soup? Kool-ade?

I know a guy who can answer that for you:

https://www.insp.com/shows/state-plate/

Join musician and restaurateur, Taylor Hicks for the tastiest, most
delicious tour. Its all about tasting some of the country's most
popular foods.

Hawaii
Say €œHello€ to some tasty treats from The Aloha State.

Appetizer: Spam Musubi
Entrée: Kalua Pig
Side 1: Poi
Side 2: Pineapple
Dessert: Haupia

Virginia
Youll eat like royalty in The Old Dominion State.

Appetizer: Peanut Soup
Entrée 1: Baked Flounder
Entrée 2: Virginia Country Ham
Entrée 3: Sugar Toads
Dessert: Colonial Hot Chocolate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-SaqxPJk1k

> We gave you guys on the mainland sugar and pineapple and loco mocos and poke and Hawaiian Sweet > bread and poi. Yoose guys are so proud of eating healthy but are totally ignorant about poi,
> which could be considered a true superfood. That's the breaks.

Cuz its purple man, we loose interest after blueberries..;-)))
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 6:05:44 AM UTC-10, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
> On 5/26/2021 5:20 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

> >> It appears the only thing dsi1 knows about food on the mainland is
> >> from chain restaurants (Denny's - as if everyone eats at Denny's) and
> >> fast food joints. From the pics I've seen, he seems to seek such
> >> places out on his "rock", the only difference being they serve
> >> whatever it is with rice.
> >>

> > A few years back someone opened up a Hawaiian restaurant in our town. I
> > didn't understand why they would do that in a small town because it
> > wasn't like the were following a wave of popular Hawaiian dining in the
> > area because there was none. I went there once and was turned right
> > off. I am pretty adventurous and look forward to trying new ethnic
> > foods and many times I have been impressed enough to go back. One that
> > just couldn't get into was Japanese. I tried it several times and was
> > always a little disappointed. Hover, I was at least willing to give it a
> > few more tries. Not so with Hawaiian food. Once was more than enough
> > for me.

> Sounds like you might be a shoyu bigot.

Back in the old days it was considered bad form for a local to call soy sauce, "soy sauce" which was a mainland term. Most of the soy sauce available back then was indeed shoyu i.e., Japanese soy sauce. These days we got all kinds of soy sauce besides shoyu. That's just a fun little fact about soy sauce in Hawaii.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/27/2021 2:41 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 26, 2021 at 9:54:00 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:

>>> Native Americans like every other culture, contributed a great deal to
>>> all of us. Human selective crop propagation to make a 'wheat like
>>> sheath' into the corn type we know today, Chocolate anyone?
>>> Pineapples? Potatoes?
>>>
>>> I'd say they have added their share along with tomatoes and quite a few
>>> other vegetables.
>>>
>>> Hawaiians addition. Poi maybe? Didn't catch on.

>> What great contributions did your state make to the American culinary scene? Lipton Onion Soup? Kool-ade? We gave you guys on the mainland sugar and pineapple and loco mocos and poke and Hawaiian Sweet bread and poi. Yoose guys are so proud of eating healthy but are totally ignorant about poi, which could be considered a true superfood. That's the breaks.

> Who brought sugar and pineapple to Hawaii? White men.

Uh...wut?

https://hawaiioceanproject.com/a-bri...ple-in-hawaii/

While its not known when pineapple first started growing in Hawaii, we
do know it was prior to when the first American missionaries arrived in
1820. Most believe pineapple showed up from South America around 1770.

> What is "Hawaiian Sweet Bread" called in Hawaii?

https://www.cookscountry.com/article...f-sweet-breads

Sweetened breads came to the islands with the Portuguese immigrants who
flooded Hawaii in the mid-to-late 19th century to work the livestock
ranches and sugarcane plantations.

> That leaves you with poi. A bland paste from an agriculturally impoverished
> island isn't much of a contribution.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

You really are a hateful food bigot!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_cuisine_of_Hawaii

Native Hawaiian cuisine is based on the traditional Hawaiian foods that
predate contact with Europeans and immigration from East and Southeast
Asia. The earliest Polynesian seafarers are believed to have arrived on
the Hawaiian Islands in 300-500 AD.[a] Few edible plants were indigenous
to Hawaiʻi aside from a few ferns and fruits that grew at higher
elevations. Various food-producing plants were introduced to the island
by migrating Polynesian peoples.

Botanists and archaeologists believe that these voyagers introduced
anywhere from 27 to more than 30 plants to the islands, mainly for
food.[1] The most important of them was taro.[2] For centuries, taro€”and
the poi made from it€”was the main staple of the Hawaiian diet, and it is
still much loved. ʻUala (sweet potatoes) and yams were also planted. The
Marquesans, the first settlers from Polynesia, brought ʻulu (breadfruit)
and the Tahitians later introduced the baking banana. Settlers from
Polynesia also brought coconuts and sugarcane.[3]

ʻAwa (Piper methysticum, kava) is also a traditional food among
Hawaiians. Breadfruit, sweet potato, kava, and heʻe (octopus) are
associated with the four major Hawaiian gods: KÄne, KÅ«, Lono and Kanaloa.[4]

Fish, shellfish, and limu are abundant in Hawaii.[1] Flightless birds
were easy to catch and eggs from nests were also eaten.[1] Most Pacific
islands had no meat animals except bats and lizards.[5]

Ancient Polynesians sailed the Pacific with pigs, chickens, and
Polynesian dogs, and introduced them to the islands.[5] Pigs were raised
for religious sacrifice, and the meat was offered at altars, some of
which was consumed by priests and the rest eaten in a mass
celebration.[5] The early Hawaiian diet was diverse, and may have
included as many as 130 different types of seafood and 230 types of
sweet potatoes.[6] Some species of land and sea birds were consumed into
extinction.[7]

Sea salt was a common condiment in ancient Hawaiʻi.[8] Inamona is a
traditional relish or condiment often accompanied meals and is made of
roasted and mashed kukui nutmeats, and sea salt. It sometimes mixed with
edible seaweed.[8]
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/27/2021 3:56 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On Thu, 27 May 2021 02:52:07 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> > wrote:

>>> Who brought sugar and pineapple to Hawaii? White men.
>>>
>>> What is "Hawaiian Sweet Bread" called in Hawaii?
>>>
>>> That leaves you with poi. A bland paste from an agriculturally impoverished
>>> island isn't much of a contribution.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton

>> Poi is sometimes a bland paste but it is a superfood and could be the most important food on this planet. As usual, you guys talk about foods you know nothing about. Better stick with grits - that's more your speed!

> Many things are a superfood. Cabbage is a superfood. Just not a trendy
> superfood.

Well that Beets all!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/27/2021 5:07 AM, Daniel wrote:
> Gary > writes:
>
>> Well, I finally bought some Thursday and honestly, first time in at
>> least 18 months.
>>
>> I did Burger King this time.
>> 2 Whoppers and 4 bacon cheeseburgers. (3 days worth of food.)
>>
>> Although good, I wasn't super impressed. My homemade burgers the week
>> before were better. Perhaps I've weaned myself off of fast food in all
>> these past months.
>>
>> Next time will be to McDonald's to finally use that $20 gift
>> certificate. Probably next week when daughter and grandsons come. They
>> all like that stuff.
>>
>> Bottom line... next grocery trip, I plan to buy some good ground beast
>> to make my own burgers again.
>>
>> I still do crave (as always) the McD fries. Double batch and heavily
>> salted and peppered. Good stuff.

> I'm a sucker for BK's fish sandwich. It knocked McD's filet 'o fish off
> the top for me to fall number two. If I could handle the high sodium,
> cholesterol, MSG I'd eat four of those a day. It's a once-a-month treat
> for me. I love Burger King's burgers more than McD. There's more beef in
> that bun. McD's big mac is a joke these days. It shrank and it's more
> bread than anything. I'm not fond of any fast food fries other than
> in-and-out normal fries. They're made fresh in the store so that can't
> be beat in my opinion.

Wendy's Arctic Cod sammy is far better!

https://www.chewboom.com/2019/02/20/...ack-at-wendys/

The returning seafood sandwich features a wild-caught North Pacific cod
filet that gets fried up in a crunchy panko breading and topped with a
creamy dill tartar sauce, three dill pickle slices, and lettuce on a
soft, toasted plain bun.

You can find the North Pacific Cod Sandwich at participating Wendys
locations nationwide for a limited time through seafood season.

> Now that I'm back on a powerlifting schedule, daily protein is key. If
> it were to come down to emergency protein injection, McD's double
> quarter pounder sans the bun would be my choice. Otherwise, McD isn't on
> my radar. That burger has consistently been given the highest protein
> award when compared to other fast food brands.
>
> The best burger I've ever had no longer exists. It was made at my local
> public golf course's club house. The owner punched out the burgers every
> morning by mixing brisket, rib, and round. Buns locally made and
> delivered every other day. Red leaf lettuce, grilled onions and house
> made aioli finished to perfection. Ahh, memories. Every bite of the
> burger was as good as the first time ever tasting it. I never grew tired
> of it. Then, ownership of that business changed and the burger died with
> it. Now, their burger is about as good as you could expect with frozen
> patties, mass produced buns, and veiny thick slices of iceberg lettuce.

Carls Jr.

word.

https://youtu.be/z7D4NLEUlx0
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/27/2021 7:14 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 5:52:12 AM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:

>>> Who brought sugar and pineapple to Hawaii? White men.
>>>
>>> What is "Hawaiian Sweet Bread" called in Hawaii?
>>>
>>> That leaves you with poi. A bland paste from an agriculturally impoverished
>>> island isn't much of a contribution.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton

>> Poi is sometimes a bland paste but it is a superfood and could be the most important food on this planet. As usual, you guys talk about foods you know nothing about. Better stick with grits - that's more your speed!

> You talk about foods you know nothing about. Pot. Kettle. Black.

Yet _you_ were the one who knew nothing about poi being a superfood, spanky!

https://www.empowher.com/diet-amp-nu...iian-superfood

Now, the magical nutritional value of poi. Poi is:

€¢ Hypoallergenic
€¢ Rich in calcium
€¢ Rich in potassium
€¢ Rich in phosphorus
€¢ Rich in magnesium
€¢ A good source of B vitamins
€¢ A good source of vitamins A and C
€¢ A beneficial carbohydrate food which is high in fiber
€¢ A slow-release energy food source
€¢ Used to settle the stomach
€¢ Mixed with ripe noni fruit and applied topically for boils
€¢ Mixed with pia (arrowroot starch) and taken for diarrhea
€¢ Used undiluted poi as a poultice on infected sores

> And I see you cravenly ignored sugar, pineapple, and Portuguese sweet bread.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Boo hoo hoo - what's your beef with him anyway?

:-/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/27/2021 7:34 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2021-05-27 6:24 a.m., dsi1 wrote:

>>> Many things are a superfood. Cabbage is a superfood. Just not a
>>> trendy superfood. -- This is a message from the other Dave Smith.

>> The difference is that the Hawaiians traveled across the Pacific on a
>> concentrated version of poi. Nobody's ever done that on cabbage or
>> grits. Poi isn't trending but that's a good thing.

> The Vikings, travelled across the North Atlantic without any poi. The
> British, French, Spanish and Portuguese had regular shipping routes
> across all the oceans in the world, and all without poi.

Different strokes bro, understand?

Would you rather be ship-bound with lutefisk or poi?

Uh huh.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/27/2021 9:03 AM, Taxed and Spent wrote:
> On 5/27/2021 6:34 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2021-05-27 6:24 a.m., dsi1 wrote:

>>> The difference is that the Hawaiians traveled across the Pacific on a
>>> concentrated version of poi. Nobody's ever done that on cabbage or
>>> grits. Poi isn't trending but that's a good thing.

>> The Vikings, travelled across the North Atlantic without any poi. The
>> British, French, Spanish and Portuguese had regular shipping routes
>> across all the oceans in the world, and all without poi.
>>

> Did anyone bring back poi to dazzle the Kings and Queens?

Does pandering to pseudo-royalty sound sensible to you Squanto?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 12:18:20 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> On Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 3:14:31 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>
> > You talk about foods you know nothing about. Pot. Kettle. Black.
> > Cindy Hamilton

> Okay, I'll call your bluff. What foods do I talk about that I know nothing?

Not a bluff. But my database of foods you've talked about is unavailable
at this time.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/27/2021 9:09 AM, GM wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> Poi is sometimes a bland paste but it is a superfood and could be the most important food on this planet. As usual, you guys talk about foods you know nothing about. Better stick with grits - that's more your speed!

>> You talk about foods you know nothing about. Pot. Kettle. Black.
>>
>> And I see you cravenly ignored sugar, pineapple, and Portuguese sweet bread.

> Hehe..."cravenly ignored"...
>
> And Poi Boi forgot his rock's most important culinary contri - SPAM...

Like the Frenchies forgetting Hershey bars, rubbers, pantyhose and ciggies?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 12:34:48 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> On Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 6:05:44 AM UTC-10, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:

> > > A few years back someone opened up a Hawaiian restaurant in our town. I
> > > didn't understand why they would do that in a small town because it
> > > wasn't like the were following a wave of popular Hawaiian dining in the
> > > area because there was none. I went there once and was turned right
> > > off. I am pretty adventurous and look forward to trying new ethnic
> > > foods and many times I have been impressed enough to go back. One that
> > > just couldn't get into was Japanese. I tried it several times and was
> > > always a little disappointed. Hover, I was at least willing to give it a
> > > few more tries. Not so with Hawaiian food. Once was more than enough
> > > for me.

> > Sounds like you might be a shoyu bigot.

> Back in the old days it was considered bad form for a local to call soy sauce, "soy sauce" which was a mainland term. Most of the soy sauce available back then was indeed shoyu i.e., Japanese soy sauce. These days we got all kinds of soy sauce besides shoyu. That's just a fun little fact about soy sauce in Hawaii.

That, and the idea that shoyu is exactly how a Japanese speaker would say 'soy sauce'.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 6:26:29 AM UTC-10, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
> On 5/26/2021 7:53 PM, dsi1 wrote:

> >> Native Americans like every other culture, contributed a great deal to
> >> all of us. Human selective crop propagation to make a 'wheat like
> >> sheath' into the corn type we know today, Chocolate anyone?
> >> Pineapples? Potatoes?
> >>
> >> I'd say they have added their share along with tomatoes and quite a few
> >> other vegetables.
> >>
> >> Hawaiians addition. Poi maybe? Didn't catch on.

> > What great contributions did your state make to the American culinary scene? Lipton Onion Soup? Kool-ade?

> I know a guy who can answer that for you:
>

> https://www.insp.com/shows/state-plate/
>
> Join musician and restaurateur, Taylor Hicks for the tastiest, most
> delicious tour. Its all about tasting some of the country's most
> popular foods.
>

> Hawaii
> Say €œHello€ to some tasty treats from The Aloha State.
>
> Appetizer: Spam Musubi
> Entrée: Kalua Pig
> Side 1: Poi
> Side 2: Pineapple
> Dessert: Haupia
>
> Virginia
> Youll eat like royalty in The Old Dominion State.
>
> Appetizer: Peanut Soup
> Entrée 1: Baked Flounder
> Entrée 2: Virginia Country Ham
> Entrée 3: Sugar Toads
> Dessert: Colonial Hot Chocolate
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-SaqxPJk1k
> > We gave you guys on the mainland sugar and pineapple and loco mocos and poke and Hawaiian Sweet > bread and poi. Yoose guys are so proud of eating healthy but are totally ignorant about poi,
> > which could be considered a true superfood. That's the breaks.

> Cuz its purple man, we loose interest after blueberries..;-)))

Poi is sort of a brownish purple. These days the poi tends to be less purple because of the variety of the taro used. OTOH, Okinawan sweet potato and ube are popular on this rock. Those are surprisingly purple. Okinawan sweet potato pies are pretty awesome. On the mainland, it would probably be called "Hawaiian sweet potato pie."

https://www.ricemonkee.com/okinawan-...nd-haupia-pie/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/27/2021 10:47 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 12:18:20 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 3:14:31 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>
>>> You talk about foods you know nothing about. Pot. Kettle. Black.
>>> Cindy Hamilton

>> Okay, I'll call your bluff. What foods do I talk about that I know nothing?

> Not a bluff. But my database of foods you've talked about is unavailable
> at this time.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Nice concession speech, short but sweet as a Hawaiian roll.

;-0
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/27/2021 10:51 AM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 6:26:29 AM UTC-10, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:

>>> What great contributions did your state make to the American culinary scene? Lipton Onion Soup? Kool-ade?

>> I know a guy who can answer that for you:
>>

>> https://www.insp.com/shows/state-plate/
>>
>> Join musician and restaurateur, Taylor Hicks for the tastiest, most
>> delicious tour. Its all about tasting some of the country's most
>> popular foods.
>>

>> Hawaii
>> Say €œHello€ to some tasty treats from The Aloha State.
>>
>> Appetizer: Spam Musubi
>> Entrée: Kalua Pig
>> Side 1: Poi
>> Side 2: Pineapple
>> Dessert: Haupia
>>
>> Virginia
>> Youll eat like royalty in The Old Dominion State.
>>
>> Appetizer: Peanut Soup
>> Entrée 1: Baked Flounder
>> Entrée 2: Virginia Country Ham
>> Entrée 3: Sugar Toads
>> Dessert: Colonial Hot Chocolate
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-SaqxPJk1k
>>> We gave you guys on the mainland sugar and pineapple and loco mocos and poke and Hawaiian Sweet > bread and poi. Yoose guys are so proud of eating healthy but are totally ignorant about poi,
>>> which could be considered a true superfood. That's the breaks.

>> Cuz its purple man, we loose interest after blueberries..;-)))

> Poi is sort of a brownish purple. These days the poi tends to be less purple because of the variety of the taro used. OTOH, Okinawan sweet potato and ube are popular on this rock. Those are surprisingly purple. Okinawan sweet potato pies are pretty awesome. On the mainland, it would probably be called "Hawaiian sweet potato pie."
>
> https://www.ricemonkee.com/okinawan-...nd-haupia-pie/

Lol, I have sen Mickey Chen eating that stuff and he LOVED it!

https://www.youtube.com/c/MikeyChenX/videos

And frankly I think EVERYONE should watch what Mikey eats!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 5:09:45 AM UTC-10, GM wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > > Poi is sometimes a bland paste but it is a superfood and could be the most important food on this planet. As usual, you guys talk about foods you know nothing about. Better stick with grits - that's more your speed!

> > You talk about foods you know nothing about. Pot. Kettle. Black.
> >
> > And I see you cravenly ignored sugar, pineapple, and Portuguese sweet bread.

> Hehe..."cravenly ignored"...
>
> And Poi Boi forgot his rock's most important culinary contri - SPAM...
>
> --
> GM

I hate to break the news to you, but Spam is an American product, made in America. Everybody knows that - fool!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/27/2021 11:04 AM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 5:09:45 AM UTC-10, GM wrote:
>> Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> You talk about foods you know nothing about. Pot. Kettle. Black.
>>>
>>> And I see you cravenly ignored sugar, pineapple, and Portuguese sweet bread.

>> Hehe..."cravenly ignored"...
>>
>> And Poi Boi forgot his rock's most important culinary contri - SPAM...
>>
>> --
>> GM

> I hate to break the news to you, but Spam is an American product, made in America. Everybody knows that - fool!

All things being equal the Frenchies got the shorert end of the GI
foodstuffs stick with all that curdled milk Hershey "chocolate" crapola.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/2248...-so-revolting/

The main reason that Hersheys has a unique taste is because of the milk
that the American manufacturer uses.

When Milton Hershey first began producing chocolate, he noticed that the
dairy product he was using had curdled slightly.

Instead of wasting the sour milk, he decided to dehydrate it and
continue with production.

After buyers fell in love with this unconventional recipe, Hershey
decided to keep the product as it was.

@kirstymhall First time I tried Hershey's I assumed it had somehow gone
off. Took 2 or 3 tries to accept it was supposed to taste like that.

€” Robynn (@woollythinker) January 25, 2015
Nowadays, the company have ditched the sour milk in favour of butyric
acid, which gives the bars a similar taste.

A recent video from Bloomberg revealed that while the main ingredient in
Cadburys milk chocolate is milk, in the US the primary component is sugar.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 6:43:16 AM UTC-10, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
> On 5/27/2021 7:14 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> >> Poi is sometimes a bland paste but it is a superfood and could be the most important food on this planet. As usual, you guys talk about foods you know nothing about. Better stick with grits - that's more your speed!

> > You talk about foods you know nothing about. Pot. Kettle. Black.

> Yet _you_ were the one who knew nothing about poi being a superfood, spanky!
>
> https://www.empowher.com/diet-amp-nu...iian-superfood
>
> Now, the magical nutritional value of poi. Poi is:
>
> €¢ Hypoallergenic
> €¢ Rich in calcium
> €¢ Rich in potassium
> €¢ Rich in phosphorus
> €¢ Rich in magnesium
> €¢ A good source of B vitamins
> €¢ A good source of vitamins A and C
> €¢ A beneficial carbohydrate food which is high in fiber
> €¢ A slow-release energy food source
> €¢ Used to settle the stomach
> €¢ Mixed with ripe noni fruit and applied topically for boils
> €¢ Mixed with pia (arrowroot starch) and taken for diarrhea
> €¢ Used undiluted poi as a poultice on infected sores
> > And I see you cravenly ignored sugar, pineapple, and Portuguese sweet bread.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> Boo hoo hoo - what's your beef with him anyway?
>
> :-/

These are not good times for Asians and Pacific islanders on the mainland. The disrespect and hate is so high that the White House has proclaimed May to be Asian American and Native Hawaiian / Pacific Islander Heritage Month. It's kind of embarrassing that they feel the need to do that. rfc is a reflection of what's happening on the mainland.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...ge-month-2021/
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

On Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 12:14:36 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> On Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 6:43:16 AM UTC-10, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:

> > > You talk about foods you know nothing about. Pot. Kettle. Black.

> > Yet _you_ were the one who knew nothing about poi being a superfood, spanky!
> >
> > https://www.empowher.com/diet-amp-nu...iian-superfood
> >
> > Now, the magical nutritional value of poi. Poi is:
> >
> > €¢ Hypoallergenic
> > €¢ Rich in calcium
> > €¢ Rich in potassium
> > €¢ Rich in phosphorus
> > €¢ Rich in magnesium
> > €¢ A good source of B vitamins
> > €¢ A good source of vitamins A and C
> > €¢ A beneficial carbohydrate food which is high in fiber
> > €¢ A slow-release energy food source
> > €¢ Used to settle the stomach
> > €¢ Mixed with ripe noni fruit and applied topically for boils
> > €¢ Mixed with pia (arrowroot starch) and taken for diarrhea
> > €¢ Used undiluted poi as a poultice on infected sores
> > > And I see you cravenly ignored sugar, pineapple, and Portuguese sweet bread.
> > >
> > > Cindy Hamilton

> > Boo hoo hoo - what's your beef with him anyway?
> >
> > :-/

> These are not good times for Asians and Pacific islanders on the mainland.. The disrespect and hate is so high that the White House has proclaimed May to be Asian American and Native Hawaiian / Pacific Islander Heritage Month. It's kind of embarrassing that they feel the need to do that. rfc is a reflection of what's happening on the mainland.
>
> https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...ge-month-2021/

<y-a-w-n>

--
GM

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 1:14:36 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> On Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 6:43:16 AM UTC-10, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:

> > > You talk about foods you know nothing about. Pot. Kettle. Black.

> > Yet _you_ were the one who knew nothing about poi being a superfood, spanky!
> >
> > https://www.empowher.com/diet-amp-nu...iian-superfood
> >
> > Now, the magical nutritional value of poi. Poi is:
> >
> > €¢ Hypoallergenic
> > €¢ Rich in calcium
> > €¢ Rich in potassium
> > €¢ Rich in phosphorus
> > €¢ Rich in magnesium
> > €¢ A good source of B vitamins
> > €¢ A good source of vitamins A and C
> > €¢ A beneficial carbohydrate food which is high in fiber
> > €¢ A slow-release energy food source
> > €¢ Used to settle the stomach
> > €¢ Mixed with ripe noni fruit and applied topically for boils
> > €¢ Mixed with pia (arrowroot starch) and taken for diarrhea
> > €¢ Used undiluted poi as a poultice on infected sores
> > > And I see you cravenly ignored sugar, pineapple, and Portuguese sweet bread.
> > >
> > > Cindy Hamilton

> > Boo hoo hoo - what's your beef with him anyway?
> >
> > :-/

> These are not good times for Asians and Pacific islanders on the mainland.. The disrespect and hate is so high

You can tell by looking at things UP SIDE DOWN. Hate against minority groups is never "over reported' is it? Now. Is it high? or are news reporting tactics just now more thorough, so thorough that more is now being revealed that has always been there.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/27/2021 9:46 AM, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
> On 5/27/2021 9:03 AM, Taxed and Spent wrote:

>>> The Vikings, travelled across the North Atlantic without any poi. The
>>> British, French, Spanish and Portuguese had regular shipping routes
>>> across all the oceans in the world, and all without poi.
>>>

>> Did anyone bring back poi to dazzle the Kings and Queens?

> Does pandering to pseudo-royalty sound sensible to you Squanto?

Yes, if they are the ones paying the bills, oh homeless one.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/27/2021 11:14 AM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 6:43:16 AM UTC-10, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:

>>> You talk about foods you know nothing about. Pot. Kettle. Black.

>> Yet _you_ were the one who knew nothing about poi being a superfood, spanky!
>>
>> https://www.empowher.com/diet-amp-nu...iian-superfood
>>
>> Now, the magical nutritional value of poi. Poi is:
>>
>> €¢ Hypoallergenic
>> €¢ Rich in calcium
>> €¢ Rich in potassium
>> €¢ Rich in phosphorus
>> €¢ Rich in magnesium
>> €¢ A good source of B vitamins
>> €¢ A good source of vitamins A and C
>> €¢ A beneficial carbohydrate food which is high in fiber
>> €¢ A slow-release energy food source
>> €¢ Used to settle the stomach
>> €¢ Mixed with ripe noni fruit and applied topically for boils
>> €¢ Mixed with pia (arrowroot starch) and taken for diarrhea
>> €¢ Used undiluted poi as a poultice on infected sores
>>> And I see you cravenly ignored sugar, pineapple, and Portuguese sweet bread.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton

>> Boo hoo hoo - what's your beef with him anyway?
>>
>> :-/

> These are not good times for Asians and Pacific islanders on the mainland. The disrespect and hate is so high that the White House has proclaimed May to be Asian American and Native Hawaiian / Pacific Islander Heritage Month. It's kind of embarrassing that they feel the need to do that. rfc is a reflection of what's happening on the mainland.
>
> https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...ge-month-2021/

No kidding, they seeded and paid for a race war, made blacks show
violence to Asians, now they want to slink away and let the nation go up
in flames.

THIS is the lasting "gift" of DemoCrap cancel culture.

I can't tell you how many youtubes I have seen of innocent Asians being
wailed on by angry blacks:

https://youtu.be/ZVClO5D1JiE

https://youtu.be/x163tr-i-hE

https://youtu.be/rJ_ksfP-n-8

But this is what happens when you let the commie media and their
political whores in the swamp convince the snowflake generation to
racially hate and stereotype each other.

Sad innit?

:-((((
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/27/2021 11:19 AM, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 1:14:36 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:

>>> Yet _you_ were the one who knew nothing about poi being a superfood, spanky!
>>>
>>> https://www.empowher.com/diet-amp-nu...iian-superfood
>>>
>>> Now, the magical nutritional value of poi. Poi is:
>>>
>>> €¢ Hypoallergenic
>>> €¢ Rich in calcium
>>> €¢ Rich in potassium
>>> €¢ Rich in phosphorus
>>> €¢ Rich in magnesium
>>> €¢ A good source of B vitamins
>>> €¢ A good source of vitamins A and C
>>> €¢ A beneficial carbohydrate food which is high in fiber
>>> €¢ A slow-release energy food source
>>> €¢ Used to settle the stomach
>>> €¢ Mixed with ripe noni fruit and applied topically for boils
>>> €¢ Mixed with pia (arrowroot starch) and taken for diarrhea
>>> €¢ Used undiluted poi as a poultice on infected sores

>>> Boo hoo hoo - what's your beef with him anyway?
>>>
>>> :-/

>> These are not good times for Asians and Pacific islanders on the mainland. The disrespect and hate is so high

> You can tell by looking at things UP SIDE DOWN. Hate against minority groups is never "over reported' is it? Now. Is it high? or are news reporting tactics just now more thorough, so thorough that more is now being revealed that has always been there.

No.

It has been whipped up into a frenzy by the left wing fake news, their
Demotarded masters, and the CCP and George Soros working in concert to
destroy America from within.

You know who bought all those prosecutors who REFUSE to indict rioter
and race criminals, right?

https://www.inquirer.com/philly/news...y-primary.html

https://www.theamericanconservative....e-prosecutors/

Cities across our nation are being burned and looted. Yet, some
prosecutors are releasing rioters without charging them for their
crimes. Still others are choosing not to prosecute whole categories of
criminal activity. Why are they failing to execute the laws set out by
each states legislature?

The answer is that wealthy radicals led by billionaire George Soros have
poured over $100 million in hard-to-trace dark money to fund political
activities in races for state and local prosecutors. Their goal? To
install far-left prosecutors to undermine the American justice system at
every level. This may sound like another conspiracy theory. But the
facts are well documented. And it requires a concerted effort by those
who believe in criminal justice reform€”and also prioritize public
safety€”to act before more people are hurt and damage to the system
becomes permanent.

Like the horse the Greeks presented to the Trojans as a peace offering,
the prosecutors installed by Soros and his allies are not what they
seem. These radicals are actually intent on destroying the criminal
justice system. These purported €œprotectors of the rule of law€ are
actually its enemies, waging war from the inside.

Soros and his network of wealthy radicals believe the criminal justice
system is so corrupt, so hopelessly racist, that justice is literally
impossible. They have little interest in reforming the system. Instead,
they want to destroy it from within.

They dont engage the electorate by having an open debate about the
criminal justice system. These billionaires seek to circumvent the
entire democratic process by electing candidates who will refuse to
enforce laws passed by the people through their representatives.

Equally disconcerting, these Trojan Horse prosecutors drop any pretense
of impartiality. They bring a highly charged political viewpoint to an
office that is supposed to be apolitical. Its no wonder that
Soros-funded prosecutors like New York Attorney General Letitia James
and Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance, Jr. have harassed President
Trump with never-ending investigations and subpoenas. AG James is also
trying to disband the NRA. Like Captain Ahab chasing after the white
whale, they are obsessed with undermining the President, and ultimately
our nation.

Sadly, the millions in contributions from the Soros network have allowed
their far-left candidates to overwhelm their opponents by outspending
them by as much as 3 to 1. One Democrat who was unseated by a Soros
acolyte said, €œThis is an election that was bought, not won.€

Soros and his allies have installed €œwoke€ prosecutors in 31 cities and
counties, among them San Francisco, Chicago, Philadelphia, Boston,
Portland, Dallas, and St. Louis! The tens of millions of Americans who
live in those jurisdictions are paying a dear price for allowing Soros
to buy prosecutors offices and weaponize the raw power that comes from
the enforcement (or lack thereof) of the law.

Here are a few examples of the havoc that Trojan Horse prosecutors have
brought to their communities. (Contributions from Soros-funded entities
and allies are in parentheses):

After St. Louis erupted in violence, arson, and looting, Circuit
Attorney Kim Gardner ($307,000) dismissed all charges against the 36
people arrested for that violence. In the last few days eight St. Louis
police officers have been shot.
At the same time, Gardner rushed to file charges against Mark and
Patricia McCloskey, the homeowners who brandished (but did not use) guns
at protestors who had entered the private street where the McCloskeys
reside.
In Chicago, Illinois States Attorney Kim Foxx ($817,000) refused to
prosecute rioters who violated the curfew imposed to quell the violence.
€œThe question it comes down to is, is it a good use of our time and
resources? No, its not.€ What does she think would be a better use of
her time and resources?
You probably remember Foxx. She dismissed the charges against Jussie
Smollett, the actor who reported a hate crime attack against himself
that turned out to be bogus. A judge removed Foxx from the case and
assigned a special prosecutor who filed six new charges.
Philadelphia District Attorney Larry Krasner ($1.7 Million) announced he
wont prosecute people arrested for the violence that rocked his city
for days with widespread looting and many cars torched. His excuse for
not holding the mob accountable for their violence was laughable.
€œProsecution alone will achieve nothing close to justice€”not when power
imbalances and lack of accountability make it possible for government
actors including police or prosecutors to regularly take life or liberty
unjustly and face no criminal or career penalty.€
Given that Krasners career prior to his election had consisted of
filing over 75 cases against the police and representing Occupy
Philadelphia and Black Lives Matter, his cynical efforts should come as
no surprise. Indeed, Krasners hostility toward police was on display
when his supporters repeatedly chanted €œF*ck the police, F*ck the
police€ at his victory party.
US Attorney William McSwain commented that Krasner €œis not even
pretending to be a prosecutor. He calls himself a public defender with
power. Its almost like letting a fox into the hen house. Once hes in,
hes trying to cause as much havoc as possible.€ McSwain was right about
Krasner. The DA has dropped charges on more than 60 percent of shooting
cases, and he has dropped 37 percent of illegal firearms cases. Shooting
incidents in Philadelphia are up 57% from last year, and there have been
201 homicides so far this year, up 24%. Finally, the Legislature
stripped Krasner of his authority to prosecute gun crimes and gave it to
the states attorney general.
San Francisco District Attorney Chesa Boudin ($620,000) is the beau
ideal of the Trojan Horse prosecutors. €œThe criminal justice system
isnt just massive and brutal, its also racist,€ according to Boudin.
He refuses to prosecute €œquality-of-life crimes, such as public camping,
offering or soliciting sex, public urination, blocking a sidewalk, etc.€
No wonder San Francisco has had to develop a special app to help
pedestrians navigate piles of feces on their streets!
Under Boudins non-prosecution policies, homicides in the city are up
25%, burglary is up 42%, motor vehicle theft is up 31% and arson is up
45% compared to the same time period last year. Car break-ins have
reached epidemic proportions, with roughly 70 smash-and-grabs a day.
Boudins background was perfect for Soros and the other billionaire
revolutionaries. He moved to Venezuela to serve as an advisor to the
brutal dictator Hugo Chavez because he admired the Communists use of
power. Boudins parents were members of a Marxist terrorist group known
as the Weather Underground. They participated in an armed robbery of a
Brinks armored car. Two police officers and a security guard were gunned
down and died in the botched robbery. Now, their son is picking up the
flag of radicalism and carrying it forward.
When Boudin won, the crowd at his victory celebration repeatedly shouted
€œF*ck the POA (Police Officers Association)€€” just like Krasners
supporters did in Philadelphia.
In Portland, DA Mike Schmidt ($230,000) refuses to prosecute the rioters
who have burned and looted his city for over 90 days straight. He said
he would not prosecute €œinterfering with a peace officer, disorderly
conduct in the second degree, criminal trespass in the first or second
degree, escape in the third degree, and harassment and riot when it
isnt accompanied by a charge separate from this list.€ He explained
that the rioters €œrepresent the instinctive reactions of people who have
been gassed repeatedly, who have been struck with kinetic projectile
weapons.€
These Trojan Horse prosecutors are really €œsocial justice warriors.€
They believe that prosecutors should make a priority of addressing
social issues such as poverty, racism, sexism, and income inequality.
Thus, public safety ranks below those social issues.

The radical funders have no interest in supporting prosecutors who have
a solid record of working to fix the system. In fact, they have poured
millions into campaigns to defeat respected prosecutors who have
implemented proven reforms such as special courts for veterans, drug
courts, and mental health courts.

Since 2018, Soros has made Virginia the focus of his efforts. And it has
paid dividends. Trojan Horse candidates have taken over five of the
largest prosecutors offices in the Commonwealth: Fairfax, Arlington,
Alexandria, Albemarle, Portsmouth, and Loudoun.

The Loudoun County race is a prime example of the Soros strategy.
Soros-funded groups spent $850,000 to defeat Nicole Wittman, a
much-admired career prosecutor in Loudoun County, Virginia, who backed
specialty courts, reformed the juvenile justice system, and prioritized
violent crimes over casual marijuana use. The candidate who beat her was
an attorney whose prosecutorial experience was limited to traffic
violations for a municipality outside the county. But its hard to win
when nearly a million dollars is spent on TV ads and community
organizers on the ground working against you.

Now, Soros has the Los Angeles District Attorney in his sights. He and
his allies have spent well over $1 million to defeat Jackie Lacey, a
highly respected prosecutor who has made remarkable progress in
diverting non-dangerous persons with mental illness into community
treatment, freeing up costly jail beds for serious and violent
offenders. Ironically, Lacey is an African-American woman. The candidate
running to oust her? George Gascon, district attorney in San Francisco
until recently. The white male progressive is running on a platform to
bring San Francisco values to the City of Angels.

Matthew Vadum of the Capitol Research Center sums up the effort to
radicalize prosecutors offices well: €œGeorge Soross push to radically
reshape the judiciary and elect extremist district attorneys across the
country to weaken law enforcement and protect lawless sanctuary cities
is bearing fruit€¦ He wants to cripple police in order to advance the
neo-Marxist abstraction known as social justice that simplistically
breaks the world down into race, class, and sex or gender.€

The public will suffer when politically driven prosecutors focus not on
public safety but on social issues. The police will be marginalized,
communities will live in fear of violence, and the needs of victims will
be ignored €“ all in the name of €œsocial justice.€

Justice Brandeis famously wrote: €œSunlight is the best disinfectant.€ It
is time for us to €œshine some sunlight€ on the disastrous policies of
these Trojan Horse prosecutors, inform the voters so they can
€œdisinfect€ Americas prosecutor offices to make public safety the
priority of our justice system again.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/27/2021 11:19 AM, Taxed and Spent wrote:
> On 5/27/2021 9:46 AM, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:

>>> Did anyone bring back poi to dazzle the Kings and Queens?

>> Does pandering to pseudo-royalty sound sensible to you Squanto?
>>

> Yes, if they are the ones paying the bills, oh homeless one.

1.) No - it makes them more greedy and power-drunk.

2.) I am not "homeless".

3.) Traitors to America should be tried and hung.

Any questions?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/27/2021 10:38 AM, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
> On 5/27/2021 11:19 AM, Taxed and Spent wrote:

>>> Does pandering to pseudo-royalty sound sensible to you Squanto?
>>>

>> Yes, if they are the ones paying the bills, oh homeless one.

> 1.) No - it makes them more greedy and power-drunk.
>
> 2.) I am not "homeless".
>
> 3.) Traitors to America should be tried and hung.
>
> Any questions?

who is Squanto?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 12:05:13 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 5/24/2021 8:26 AM, Gary wrote:
> > Bryan Simmons wrote:
> >> I think I'm better with a Coleman stove or a campfire than I am in a
> >> modern kitchen.

> > One of the very best steaks I've ever had was on a fresh cut forked
> > stick and held over a campfire. It even fell off and into the fire right
> > before it was done. Just brushed off the ashes and ate it. Juicy and
> > delicious.
> >

> I've seen that touted as the best way to cook a steak, just toss on the
> hot coals. You would get a good sear.

First marinate it in whiskey, yeah! Just add S&P.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/27/2021 11:47 AM, Taxed and Spent wrote:
> On 5/27/2021 10:38 AM, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:

>>> Yes, if they are the ones paying the bills, oh homeless one.

>> 1.) No - it makes them more greedy and power-drunk.
>>
>> 2.) I am not "homeless".
>>
>> 3.) Traitors to America should be tried and hung.
>>
>> Any questions?
>>

> who is Squanto?

Wow.

https://youtu.be/WU1M4RL8M44

Here is the movie trailer for the Disney film Squanto: A Warrior's Tale
from 1994!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-05-27 12:19 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
> On Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 3:34:11 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> The difference is that the Hawaiians traveled across the Pacific on a
>>> concentrated version of poi. Nobody's ever done that on cabbage or
>>> grits. Poi isn't trending but that's a good thing.

>> The Vikings, travelled across the North Atlantic without any poi. The
>> British, French, Spanish and Portuguese had regular shipping routes
>> across all the oceans in the world, and all without poi.

> Indeed they did it all without poi. What's your point?

I think the point was obviously that other countries travelled a lot
further without depending on poi.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/27/2021 12:31 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2021-05-27 12:19 p.m., dsi1 wrote:

>>> The Vikings, travelled across the North Atlantic without any poi. The
>>> British, French, Spanish and Portuguese had regular shipping routes
>>> across all the oceans in the world, and all without poi.

>> Indeed they did it all without poi. What's your point?
>>

> I think the point was obviously that other countries travelled a lot
> further without depending on poi.

That would be "farther" and why does it matter how many miles one traveled?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 27 May 2021 19:56:35 +1000, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On Thu, 27 May 2021 02:52:07 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>>> Who brought sugar and pineapple to Hawaii? White men.
>>>
>>> What is "Hawaiian Sweet Bread" called in Hawaii?
>>>
>>> That leaves you with poi. A bland paste from an agriculturally impoverished
>>> island isn't much of a contribution.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton

>>Poi is sometimes a bland paste but it is a superfood and could be the most important food on this planet. As usual, you guys talk about foods you know nothing about. Better stick with grits - that's more your speed!

>Many things are a superfood. Cabbage is a superfood. Just not a trendy
>superfood.

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 27 May 2021 03:24:17 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, May 26, 2021 at 11:56:41 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On Thu, 27 May 2021 02:52:07 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
>> > wrote:

>> >Poi is sometimes a bland paste but it is a superfood and could be the most important food on this planet. As usual, you guys talk about foods you know nothing about. Better stick with grits - that's more your speed!

>> Many things are a superfood. Cabbage is a superfood. Just not a trendy
>> superfood.
>> --
>> This is a message from the other Dave Smith.

>The difference is that the Hawaiians traveled across the Pacific on a concentrated version of poi. Nobody's ever done that on cabbage or grits. Poi isn't trending but that's a good thing.

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 27 May 2021 21:02:35 +1000, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On Thu, 27 May 2021 03:24:17 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:
>
>>On Wednesday, May 26, 2021 at 11:56:41 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
>>> On Thu, 27 May 2021 02:52:07 -0700 (PDT), dsi1

>>> Many things are a superfood. Cabbage is a superfood. Just not a trendy
>>> superfood.
>>> --
>>> This is a message from the other Dave Smith.

>>The difference is that the Hawaiians traveled across the Pacific on a concentrated version of poi. Nobody's ever done that on cabbage or grits. Poi isn't trending but that's a good thing.

>The Chinese built the Great Wall of China on cabbage. That doesn't
>make cabbage taste any better, though.

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 27 May 2021 09:19:20 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 3:34:11 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

>> > The difference is that the Hawaiians traveled across the Pacific on a
>> > concentrated version of poi. Nobody's ever done that on cabbage or
>> > grits. Poi isn't trending but that's a good thing.

>> The Vikings, travelled across the North Atlantic without any poi. The
>> British, French, Spanish and Portuguese had regular shipping routes
>> across all the oceans in the world, and all without poi.

>Indeed they did it all without poi. What's your point?

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 27 May 2021 08:09:39 -0700 (PDT), GM
> wrote:

>Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>> > Poi is sometimes a bland paste but it is a superfood and could be the most important food on this planet. As usual, you guys talk about foods you know nothing about. Better stick with grits - that's more your speed!

>> You talk about foods you know nothing about. Pot. Kettle. Black.
>>
>> And I see you cravenly ignored sugar, pineapple, and Portuguese sweet bread.

>Hehe..."cravenly ignored"...
>
>And Poi Boi forgot his rock's most important culinary contri - SPAM...

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 27 May 2021 04:07:32 -0700, Daniel > wrote:

>Gary > writes:
>
>> Well, I finally bought some Thursday and honestly, first time in at
>> least 18 months.
>>
>> I did Burger King this time.
>> 2 Whoppers and 4 bacon cheeseburgers. (3 days worth of food.)
>>
>> Although good, I wasn't super impressed. My homemade burgers the week
>> before were better. Perhaps I've weaned myself off of fast food in all
>> these past months.
>>
>> Next time will be to McDonald's to finally use that $20 gift
>> certificate. Probably next week when daughter and grandsons come. They
>> all like that stuff.
>>
>> Bottom line... next grocery trip, I plan to buy some good ground beast
>> to make my own burgers again.
>>
>> I still do crave (as always) the McD fries. Double batch and heavily
>> salted and peppered. Good stuff.

>I'm a sucker for BK's fish sandwich. It knocked McD's filet 'o fish off
>the top for me to fall number two. If I could handle the high sodium,
>cholesterol, MSG I'd eat four of those a day. It's a once-a-month treat
>for me. I love Burger King's burgers more than McD. There's more beef in
>that bun. McD's big mac is a joke these days. It shrank and it's more
>bread than anything. I'm not fond of any fast food fries other than
>in-and-out normal fries. They're made fresh in the store so that can't
>be beat in my opinion.
>
>Now that I'm back on a powerlifting schedule, daily protein is key. If
>it were to come down to emergency protein injection, McD's double
>quarter pounder sans the bun would be my choice. Otherwise, McD isn't on
>my radar. That burger has consistently been given the highest protein
>award when compared to other fast food brands.
>
>The best burger I've ever had no longer exists. It was made at my local
>public golf course's club house. The owner punched out the burgers every
>morning by mixing brisket, rib, and round. Buns locally made and
>delivered every other day. Red leaf lettuce, grilled onions and house
>made aioli finished to perfection. Ahh, memories. Every bite of the
>burger was as good as the first time ever tasting it. I never grew tired
>of it. Then, ownership of that business changed and the burger died with
>it. Now, their burger is about as good as you could expect with frozen
>patties, mass produced buns, and veiny thick slices of iceberg lettuce.

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 27 May 2021 12:47:34 -0600, wolfy's new skateboard
> wrote:

>On 5/27/2021 12:31 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> Indeed they did it all without poi. What's your point?
>>>

>> I think the point was obviously that other countries travelled a lot
>> further without depending on poi.

>That would be "farther" and why does it matter how many miles one traveled?

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 8:31:37 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2021-05-27 12:19 p.m., dsi1 wrote:

> >> The Vikings, travelled across the North Atlantic without any poi. The
> >> British, French, Spanish and Portuguese had regular shipping routes
> >> across all the oceans in the world, and all without poi.

> > Indeed they did it all without poi. What's your point?
> >

> I think the point was obviously that other countries travelled a lot
> further without depending on poi.

You have a talent for restating the painfully obvious. Why even say what everybody knows?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 27 May 2021 12:20:23 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 8:31:37 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

>> > Indeed they did it all without poi. What's your point?
>> >

>> I think the point was obviously that other countries travelled a lot
>> further without depending on poi.

>You have a talent for restating the painfully obvious. Why even say what everybody knows?

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/26/2021 10:20 PM, Graham wrote:
> On 2021-05-26 7:01 p.m., cshenk wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>>> The thing about Japanese food and dsi1 is he keeps yapping about it
>>> but he's been asked several times, has he ever been to Japan?Â* He's
>>> curiously silent in that regard.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> Yup.Â* I think there is (or was?) another here who lived in Japan.
>> Hawaiian 'Japanese' cooking is all fusion.Â* Nothing wrong with that but
>> it's not how they do it in Japan.
>>

> Fusion?? A chef acquaintance of mine called it "Confusion Cuisine."

I like that!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/27/2021 1:20 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 8:31:37 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> Indeed they did it all without poi. What's your point?
>>>

>> I think the point was obviously that other countries travelled a lot
>> further without depending on poi.

> You have a talent for restating the painfully obvious. Why even say what everybody knows?

If I were unlucky enough to be born a Viking in the land of little sun,
I'd have navigated a bit farther south than North America.

Just sayin'...

;-)