Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default RFC Cookbook

The Public Version of the RFC Cookbook. You might still be able to
donate to the link (you should), but most everybody that said they
would flaked out on that suggestion. Carol and Ed were the only ones
who made donations (last I looked).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w7Y...ew?usp=sharing

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 5 Apr 2021 13:39:04 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>The Public Version of the RFC Cookbook. You might still be able to
>donate to the link (you should), but most everybody that said they
>would flaked out on that suggestion. Carol and Ed were the only ones
>who made donations (last I looked).
>
>https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w7Y...ew?usp=sharing
>
>-sw

Thanks for posting that. I read the list of former members. We were
quite a nice group back then.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 05 Apr 2021 13:41:55 -0600, US Janet wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Apr 2021 13:39:04 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>>The Public Version of the RFC Cookbook. You might still be able to
>>donate to the link (you should), but most everybody that said they
>>would flaked out on that suggestion. Carol and Ed were the only ones
>>who made donations (last I looked).
>>
>>https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w7Y...ew?usp=sharing
>>
>>-sw

> Thanks for posting that. I read the list of former members. We were
> quite a nice group back then.

Well, they're not former, but dead. Oh, maybe you mean in the
credits?

Who would thought it's been almost 10 years since Andy last posted.
People come, but mostly they go.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 5 Apr 2021 21:38:46 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Mon, 05 Apr 2021 13:41:55 -0600, US Janet wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 5 Apr 2021 13:39:04 -0500, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>The Public Version of the RFC Cookbook. You might still be able to
>>>donate to the link (you should), but most everybody that said they
>>>would flaked out on that suggestion. Carol and Ed were the only ones
>>>who made donations (last I looked).
>>>
>>>https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w7Y...ew?usp=sharing
>>>
>>>-sw

>> Thanks for posting that. I read the list of former members. We were
>> quite a nice group back then.

>Well, they're not former, but dead. Oh, maybe you mean in the
>credits?
>
>Who would thought it's been almost 10 years since Andy last posted.
>People come, but mostly they go.
>
>-sw

I didn't like the feel of the word 'dead'
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 05/04/2021 20:41, US Janet wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Apr 2021 13:39:04 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>> The Public Version of the RFC Cookbook. You might still be able to
>> donate to the link (you should), but most everybody that said they
>> would flaked out on that suggestion. Carol and Ed were the only ones
>> who made donations (last I looked).
>>
>> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w7Y...ew?usp=sharing
>>
>> -sw

> Thanks for posting that. I read the list of former members. We were
> quite a nice group back then.
> Janet US

====

Yes it was! Very different! They were all very kind and helpful and I
miss those days.

I was sent that cookbook by a lovely lady here but I don't see her any more.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On Mon, 05 Apr 2021 13:41:55 -0600, US Janet wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 5 Apr 2021 13:39:04 -0500, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>The Public Version of the RFC Cookbook. You might still be able to
>>>donate to the link (you should), but most everybody that said they
>>>would flaked out on that suggestion. Carol and Ed were the only ones
>>>who made donations (last I looked).
>>>
>>>https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w7Y...ew?usp=sharing
>>>
>>>-sw

>> Thanks for posting that. I read the list of former members. We were
>> quite a nice group back then.

>Well, they're not former, but dead. Oh, maybe you mean in the
>credits?
>
>Who would thought it's been almost 10 years since Andy last posted.
>People come, but mostly they go.
>
>-sw

There are others who are gone but not on that list, too. Margaret
Suran immediately comes to mind. She passed away about a year ago.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 06 Apr 2021 00:43:13 -0600, US Janet wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Apr 2021 21:38:46 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 05 Apr 2021 13:41:55 -0600, US Janet wrote:

>>> Thanks for posting that. I read the list of former members. We were
>>> quite a nice group back then.

>>Well, they're not former, but dead. Oh, maybe you mean in the
>>credits?
>>
>>Who would thought it's been almost 10 years since Andy last posted.
>>People come, but mostly they go.

> I didn't like the feel of the word 'dead'

"late" or even "fallen". But I had trouble forming a sentence using
that word in my response.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 06 Apr 2021 09:22:14 -0400, Boron Elgar wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Apr 2021 21:38:46 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 05 Apr 2021 13:41:55 -0600, US Janet wrote:

>>> Thanks for posting that. I read the list of former members. We were
>>> quite a nice group back then.

>>Well, they're not former, but dead. Oh, maybe you mean in the
>>credits?
>>
>>Who would thought it's been almost 10 years since Andy last posted.
>>People come, but mostly they go.

> There are others who are gone but not on that list, too. Margaret
> Suran immediately comes to mind. She passed away about a year ago.

I added that page 18-19 months ago.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 6 Apr 2021 09:42:34 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Tue, 06 Apr 2021 09:22:14 -0400, Boron Elgar wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 5 Apr 2021 21:38:46 -0500, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:

>>>Well, they're not former, but dead. Oh, maybe you mean in the
>>>credits?
>>>
>>>Who would thought it's been almost 10 years since Andy last posted.
>>>People come, but mostly they go.

>> There are others who are gone but not on that list, too. Margaret
>> Suran immediately comes to mind. She passed away about a year ago.

>I added that page 18-19 months ago.
>
>-sw

I was not being the slightest bit critical. I surely appreciate the
efforts. It saddens me that there are even more losses than the list
shows.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 06 Apr 2021 12:30:20 -0400, Boron Elgar wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Apr 2021 09:42:34 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 06 Apr 2021 09:22:14 -0400, Boron Elgar wrote:

>>> There are others who are gone but not on that list, too. Margaret
>>> Suran immediately comes to mind. She passed away about a year ago.

>>I added that page 18-19 months ago.

> I was not being the slightest bit critical.

And I really wasn't thinking you were. But it brought up a good
point that I should have put a revision date in there somewhere,
least on that page. As I look it back over, I didn't date any of the
2 added pages or the TOC.

I still have connections with publishers and know catalogers (or do
it myself. I wonder if could snag and ISBN from one of themm,
catalog it, and get it put into the Library of Congress archives at
least digitally.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 6 Apr 2021 20:32:42 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Tue, 06 Apr 2021 12:30:20 -0400, Boron Elgar wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 6 Apr 2021 09:42:34 -0500, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:

>>>I added that page 18-19 months ago.

>> I was not being the slightest bit critical.

>And I really wasn't thinking you were. But it brought up a good
>point that I should have put a revision date in there somewhere,
>least on that page. As I look it back over, I didn't date any of the
>2 added pages or the TOC.

It is, of course, except for those few pages, a bit of history all on
its own.

>I still have connections with publishers and know catalogers (or do
>it myself. I wonder if could snag and ISBN from one of themm,
>catalog it, and get it put into the Library of Congress archives at
>least digitally.
>
>-sw

EEk! A topic about which I know nothing.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 06 Apr 2021 22:51:18 -0400, Boron Elgar wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Apr 2021 20:32:42 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 06 Apr 2021 12:30:20 -0400, Boron Elgar wrote:

>>> I was not being the slightest bit critical.

>>And I really wasn't thinking you were. But it brought up a good
>>point that I should have put a revision date in there somewhere,
>>least on that page. As I look it back over, I didn't date any of the
>>2 added pages or the TOC.

> It is, of course, except for those few pages, a bit of history all on
> its own.
>>
>>I still have connections with publishers and know catalogers (or do
>>it myself. I wonder if could snag and ISBN from one of themm,
>>catalog it, and get it put into the Library of Congress archives at
>>least digitally.

> EEk! A topic about which I know nothing.

I think they require a hardcopy. And it can't be spiral-bound (must
have a solid spine, IIRC)

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, April 5, 2021 at 3:42:00 PM UTC-4, US Janet wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Apr 2021 13:39:04 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
> >The Public Version of the RFC Cookbook. You might still be able to
> >donate to the link (you should), but most everybody that said they
> >would flaked out on that suggestion. Carol and Ed were the only ones
> >who made donations (last I looked).
> >
> >https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w7Y...ew?usp=sharing
> >
> >-sw

> Thanks for posting that. I read the list of former members. We were
> quite a nice group back then.

It almost reminds you of a block busted neighborhood.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/5/2021 2:39 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> The Public Version of the RFC Cookbook. You might still be able to
> donate to the link (you should), but most everybody that said they
> would flaked out on that suggestion. Carol and Ed were the only ones
> who made donations (last I looked).
>
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w7Y...ew?usp=sharing
>
> -sw

Not to be critical but someone fat-fingered: "This verions is solely an
e-media release". I'm sure it is supposed to say "This version..."

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/11/2021 2:29 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 4/5/2021 2:39 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> The Public Version of the RFC Cookbook.Â* You might still be able to
>> donate to the link (you should), but most everybody that said they
>> would flaked out on that suggestion. Carol and Ed were the only ones
>> who made donations (last I looked).
>>
>> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w7Y...ew?usp=sharing
>>

>> -sw
>>

> Not to be critical but someone fat-fingered: "This verions is solely an
> e-media release".Â* I'm sure it is supposed to say "This version..."
>
> Jill

You're an asshole.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, April 11, 2021 at 2:29:47 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> On 4/5/2021 2:39 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> > The Public Version of the RFC Cookbook. You might still be able to
> > donate to the link (you should), but most everybody that said they
> > would flaked out on that suggestion. Carol and Ed were the only ones
> > who made donations (last I looked).
> >
> > https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w7Y...ew?usp=sharing
> >
> > -sw
> >

> Not to be critical but someone fat-fingered: "This verions is solely an
> e-media release". I'm sure it is supposed to say "This version..."

Ha, ha, haaa, fat-fingered!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, April 6, 2021 at 8:32:48 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Apr 2021 12:30:20 -0400, Boron Elgar wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 6 Apr 2021 09:42:34 -0500, Sqwertz >
> > wrote:

> >>I added that page 18-19 months ago.

> > I was not being the slightest bit critical.

> And I really wasn't thinking you were. But it brought up a good
> point that I should have put a revision date in there somewhere,
> least on that page. As I look it back over, I didn't date any of the
> 2 added pages or the TOC.
>
> I still have connections with publishers and know catalogers (or do
> it myself. I wonder if could snag and ISBN from one of themm,
> catalog it, and get it put into the Library of Congress archives at
> least digitally.

You could put the digital version into the Brautigan Library.
http://www.thebrautiganlibrary.org/

> -sw

--Bryan

Cookbook ImStillMags General Cooking 1 25-09-2010 01:27 AM
New Cookbook Becca General Cooking 0 08-01-2010 05:13 PM
Cookbook The Cook General Cooking 6 03-10-2009 10:55 PM
Cookbook Suggestion: was (2009-03-08) NS-RFC: The RFC Cookbook on-line Boron Elgar General Cooking 0 09-03-2009 02:52 PM
Old (old) cookbook John Kane General Cooking 1 05-10-2008 05:56 PM