FoodBanter.com

-   -   My recent potta drip Sumatran coffee came out like weak tea! (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/453367-re-my-recent-potta.html)

Gary 27-01-2021 01:20 PM

On 1/26/2021 6:05 PM, Bryan Simmons wrote:
> On Monday, January 25, 2021 at 5:57:25 PM UTC-6, Hank Rogers wrote:
>> Bryan Simmons wrote:

>>> Percolating coffee is indefensible. It's worse than using a wringer washer.
>>> It's not retro cool, but purely stupid.
>>>
>>> --Bryan
>>>

>> It should carry the death penalty.
>>

> It comes with its own built-in penalty. Your coffee doesn't taste as good.
>
> --Bryan

What do you know about good coffee?
You just drink cold and very milked down coffee and a bunch of caffeine
pills.

"I drink coffee milk ~1:10, 1:12, because I find it delicious, but I get
most of my caffeine from caffeine tablets. They're cheap (like 4¢ each)
and they don't cause reflux."

Bryan Simmons 27-01-2021 07:45 PM

On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 7:20:27 AM UTC-6, Gary wrote:
> On 1/26/2021 6:05 PM, Bryan Simmons wrote:

> >> It should carry the death penalty.
> >>

> > It comes with its own built-in penalty. Your coffee doesn't taste as good.
> >
> > --Bryan
> >

> What do you know about good coffee?
> You just drink cold and very milked down coffee and a bunch of caffeine
> pills.

The subtle flavors are easier to appreciate without the bitterness, acidity and
tongue scalding of hot, black coffee. It's 1:35 here, I've been awake since 3:30,
and I've had exactly one 200mg. caffeine tablet and about an ounce and a half
of espresso in a glass of whole milk. It was delicious.

> "I drink coffee milk ~1:10, 1:12, because I find it delicious, but I get
> most of my caffeine from caffeine tablets. They're cheap (like 4¢ each)
> and they don't cause reflux."

ALDI has butterflied lamb legs for $5.99/# right now. I found a small one,
just over 2# for $12.40. I'm making potato chunks roasted with olive oil
and Asiago cheese. The lamb is in the oven at 170F, and in about 2-1/2
hours I'll up the temp to 425F for about 15 minutes, then take it out and
rest it a bit. I bought the preseasoned variety because I've always had
great luck with ALDI's preseasoned meats.

--Bryan

Master Bruce 27-01-2021 07:47 PM

My recent potta drip Sumatran coffee came out like weak tea!

On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 11:45:10 -0800 (PST), Bryan Simmons
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 7:20:27 AM UTC-6, Gary wrote:

>> What do you know about good coffee?
>> You just drink cold and very milked down coffee and a bunch of caffeine
>> pills.
>>

>The subtle flavors are easier to appreciate without the bitterness, acidity and
>tongue scalding of hot, black coffee. It's 1:35 here, I've been awake since 3:30,
>and I've had exactly one 200mg. caffeine tablet and about an ounce and a half
>of espresso in a glass of whole milk. It was delicious.

But it has little to do with coffee. It's like adding sweetener to
white wine. You may have the tastebuds of a child.

Cindy Hamilton[_2_] 27-01-2021 07:59 PM

On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 2:47:56 PM UTC-5, Master Bruce wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 11:45:10 -0800 (PST), Bryan Simmons
> > wrote:
>
> >On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 7:20:27 AM UTC-6, Gary wrote:

> >> What do you know about good coffee?
> >> You just drink cold and very milked down coffee and a bunch of caffeine
> >> pills.
> >>

> >The subtle flavors are easier to appreciate without the bitterness, acidity and
> >tongue scalding of hot, black coffee. It's 1:35 here, I've been awake since 3:30,
> >and I've had exactly one 200mg. caffeine tablet and about an ounce and a half
> >of espresso in a glass of whole milk. It was delicious.

> But it has little to do with coffee. It's like adding sweetener to
> white wine. You may have the tastebuds of a child.

Ah. I see you're familiar with wine coolers.

<https://www.thekitchn.com/i-tried-every-bartles-jaymes-wine-cooler-and-ranked-them-232083>

Cindy Hamilton

Master Bruce 27-01-2021 08:08 PM

My recent potta drip Sumatran coffee came out like weak tea!

On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 11:59:55 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 2:47:56 PM UTC-5, Master Bruce wrote:
>> On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 11:45:10 -0800 (PST), Bryan Simmons
>> > wrote:

>> >The subtle flavors are easier to appreciate without the bitterness, acidity and
>> >tongue scalding of hot, black coffee. It's 1:35 here, I've been awake since 3:30,
>> >and I've had exactly one 200mg. caffeine tablet and about an ounce and a half
>> >of espresso in a glass of whole milk. It was delicious.

>> But it has little to do with coffee. It's like adding sweetener to
>> white wine. You may have the tastebuds of a child.

>Ah. I see you're familiar with wine coolers.
>
><https://www.thekitchn.com/i-tried-every-bartles-jaymes-wine-cooler-and-ranked-them-232083>

Yes, for girlies.

Bryan Simmons 27-01-2021 08:18 PM

On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 1:47:56 PM UTC-6, Master Bruce wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 11:45:10 -0800 (PST), Bryan Simmons
> > wrote:
>
> >On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 7:20:27 AM UTC-6, Gary wrote:

> >> What do you know about good coffee?
> >> You just drink cold and very milked down coffee and a bunch of caffeine
> >> pills.
> >>

> >The subtle flavors are easier to appreciate without the bitterness, acidity and
> >tongue scalding of hot, black coffee. It's 1:35 here, I've been awake since 3:30,
> >and I've had exactly one 200mg. caffeine tablet and about an ounce and a half
> >of espresso in a glass of whole milk. It was delicious.

> But it has little to do with coffee. It's like adding sweetener to
> white wine. You may have the tastebuds of a child.

Do you know what tastebuds even are?

--Bryan

Master Bruce 27-01-2021 08:19 PM

My recent potta drip Sumatran coffee came out like weak tea!

On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 07:08:02 +1100, Master Bruce
> wrote:

>On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 11:59:55 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:
>
>>On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 2:47:56 PM UTC-5, Master Bruce wrote:
>>> On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 11:45:10 -0800 (PST), Bryan Simmons

>>> But it has little to do with coffee. It's like adding sweetener to
>>> white wine. You may have the tastebuds of a child.

>>Ah. I see you're familiar with wine coolers.
>>
>><https://www.thekitchn.com/i-tried-every-bartles-jaymes-wine-cooler-and-ranked-them-232083>

>Yes, for girlies.

Or actually: no, but I've heard of Bacardi Breezers. In the
Netherlands, there's a phenomenon called the "breezer sluttie". Give
her a couple of breezers and she's yours for a while:
<https://www.dutchexpatshop.com/media/catalog/product/cache/ac21323b66bd6730a5f1021132460f2e/9/6/9652381515806.jpg>

Bryan Simmons 27-01-2021 08:21 PM

On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 1:59:59 PM UTC-6, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 2:47:56 PM UTC-5, Master Bruce wrote:
> > On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 11:45:10 -0800 (PST), Bryan Simmons
> > > wrote:

> > >The subtle flavors are easier to appreciate without the bitterness, acidity and
> > >tongue scalding of hot, black coffee. It's 1:35 here, I've been awake since 3:30,
> > >and I've had exactly one 200mg. caffeine tablet and about an ounce and a half
> > >of espresso in a glass of whole milk. It was delicious.

> > But it has little to do with coffee. It's like adding sweetener to
> > white wine. You may have the tastebuds of a child.

> Ah. I see you're familiar with wine coolers.
>
> <https://www.thekitchn.com/i-tried-every-bartles-jaymes-wine-cooler-and-ranked-them-232083>

Wine spritzers.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spritzer

> Cindy Hamilton

--Bryan

Master Bruce 27-01-2021 08:49 PM

My recent potta drip Sumatran coffee came out like weak tea!

On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 12:18:43 -0800 (PST), Bryan Simmons
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 1:47:56 PM UTC-6, Master Bruce wrote:
>> On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 11:45:10 -0800 (PST), Bryan Simmons
>> > wrote:

>> >The subtle flavors are easier to appreciate without the bitterness, acidity and
>> >tongue scalding of hot, black coffee. It's 1:35 here, I've been awake since 3:30,
>> >and I've had exactly one 200mg. caffeine tablet and about an ounce and a half
>> >of espresso in a glass of whole milk. It was delicious.

>> But it has little to do with coffee. It's like adding sweetener to
>> white wine. You may have the tastebuds of a child.
>>

>Do you know what tastebuds even are?

You may have arrested development of the tastebuds. Glug-glug-da-da.
It's alright, though. Other people only have one leg. This is a very
inclusive newsgroup. Da-da-glug-glug.

songbird 27-01-2021 09:23 PM

Bryan Simmons wrote:
> Do you know what tastebuds even are?

little electric things you put in your mouth so you can taste?
i think they're on sale for about $300.

songbird

Hank Rogers[_4_] 27-01-2021 09:55 PM

Master Bruce wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 12:18:43 -0800 (PST), Bryan Simmons
> > wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 1:47:56 PM UTC-6, Master Bruce wrote:
>>> On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 11:45:10 -0800 (PST), Bryan Simmons

>>> But it has little to do with coffee. It's like adding sweetener to
>>> white wine. You may have the tastebuds of a child.
>>>

>> Do you know what tastebuds even are?

> You may have arrested development of the tastebuds. Glug-glug-da-da.
> It's alright, though. Other people only have one leg. This is a very
> inclusive newsgroup. Da-da-glug-glug.

Master, your taste buds only respond to fecal odors. Take a big
whiff, and savor the stench.

Bryan Simmons 27-01-2021 10:00 PM

On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 3:39:36 PM UTC-6, songbird wrote:
> Bryan Simmons wrote:
> > Do you know what tastebuds even are?

> little electric things you put in your mouth so you can taste?
> i think they're on sale for about $300.

They're very popular in Hawai'i'

> songbird

--Bryan

Omni Vore[_2_] 27-01-2021 10:48 PM

On 1/27/2021 12:49 PM, Master Bruce wrote:

> You may have arrested development

You are a self-obsessed narcissistic asshole. **** off. Nothing wrong
with adding a little cream for that tasty unctuous mouthfeel.

Ophelia[_7_] 28-01-2021 10:18 AM

"songbird" wrote in message ...

Bryan Simmons wrote:
> Do you know what tastebuds even are?

little electric things you put in your mouth so you can taste?
i think they're on sale for about $300.

songbird

==

LOL

Gary 28-01-2021 03:19 PM

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> Master Bruce wrote:

<< like adding sweetener to white wine.

> Ah. I see you're familiar with wine coolers.
> <https://www.thekitchn.com/i-tried-every-bartles-jaymes-wine-cooler-and-ranked-them-232083>

I never did like commercial wine coolers. Mainly just because they were
too weak. Like drinking a "lite" beer.

Instead, I always made my own stronger ones. Usually 2/1 dry white wine
to diet soda. Mostly a citris soda but then one day I ran out. All I
had left here was some diet Coke. Ha ha I actually loved that even
better and continued with that. (and the true wine lovers cringe)

The only wine I like to drink plain is Merlot. Never mixed that.

Both are good for cooking occasionally.

Sheldon Martin[_4_] 28-01-2021 03:53 PM

My recent potta drip Sumatran coffee came out like weak tea!

On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 10:18:14 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"songbird" wrote in message ...
>
>Bryan Simmons wrote:
>> Do you know what tastebuds even are?

> little electric things you put in your mouth so you can taste?
>i think they're on sale for about $300.
>
> songbird
>
>==
>
>LOL

I thought a Taste Bud was a sweetie who'd let me taste her.