Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default December 25

Happy Christmas to all in RFC. :-D

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

> Happy Christmas to all in RFC. :-D

Mele Kalikimaka!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, December 25, 2020 at 7:40:17 AM UTC-6, Gary wrote:
> Happy Christmas to all in RFC. :-D

Merry Christmas! 10F in The Lou this AM, or as I say Butt-Assed COLD! We got hit with the Cold Bat!

And I'm staying IN today! Recreating! :-)

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:

> On Friday, December 25, 2020 at 7:40:17 AM UTC-6, Gary wrote:
> > Happy Christmas to all in RFC. :-D

> Merry Christmas! 10F in The Lou this AM, or as I say Butt-Assed COLD!
> We got hit with the Cold Bat!
>
> And I'm staying IN today! Recreating! :-)
>
> John Kuthe...

Grin, not as bad here but a damp chill as that east coast winter storm
trails down to bring us rain.

Most around me who have fireplaces had Christmas eve fires and many
have Christmas day ones. High today seems 47F and it's been low 30's
to upper 20's most nights.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 25 Dec 2020 08:40:06 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Happy Christmas to all in RFC. :-D

Back at you!

Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Gary wrote:
> Happy Christmas to all in RFC. :-D

HAPPY HAPPY to you, Gary...

PS: we at rfc have chipped in and we've decided to get you:

1. Another MISTER KITTY

2. A JET PACK:

https://nypost.com/2020/12/25/dramat...-jet-pack-guy/

Dramatic video appears to capture elusive LA jet pack guy

By Yaron Steinbuch December 25, 2020

"Its a bird, its a plane €¦ no, its apparently a guy in a jet pack.

Dramatic video captured by an instructor with the Sling Pilot Academy shows what could be the elusive flier whose exploits in the skies above Los Angeles have confounded pilots and authorities alike.

The flight school pilot took the video at about 3,000 feet near Palos Verdes, south of LA, with Catalina Island visible in the background, according to an Instagram post by the academy..."

;-P

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/25/2020 8:40 AM, Gary wrote:
> Happy Christmas to all in RFC.Â* :-D

Happy Christmas and wishing you a Merry New Year!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Happy Christmas to all in RFC. :-D

===

To you too, Gary, and to everyone too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 25 Dec 2020 12:30:46 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 12/25/2020 8:40 AM, Gary wrote:
>> Happy Christmas to all in RFC.* :-D
>>

>Happy Christmas and wishing you a Merry New Year!
>
>Jill

Merry Christmas to you Jill and everyone else here!

Doris
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 25 Dec 2020 08:40:06 -0500, Gary wrote:

> Happy Christmas to all in RFC. :-D

Which Hungry Man did you have for dinner?

I had an Florentine/Tuscan creamy chicken dish (100% scratch).

Ingredients

1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts thinly sliced
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1.5 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup chicken broth
3 minced garlic cloves
2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
3/4 cup Romano cheese
1 cup spinach chopped
1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/28/2020 6:31 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Dec 2020 08:40:06 -0500, Gary wrote:
>
>> Happy Christmas to all in RFC. :-D

> Which Hungry Man did you have for dinner?

lol That would have been fine with me.
For Christmas, I would have chosen the Turkey dinner. It's not bad.

I had a microwaved and chopped Yukon gold potato, a sweet potato, some
semi-homemade stuffing* and some applesauce. Slice of bread and butter
always with most meals.

* one box of StoveTop Turkey stuffing, then doubled with homemade
ingredients...diced bread then dried overnight in the oven, minced
onion, plenty of dried sage and homemade chicken stock rather than water
to moisten it all.

That was it. Simple.

I do have a frozen dinner in the freezer that I bought over a year ago
to have for Thanksgiving or Christmas (2019). Didn't have it last year
and planned to this time, but still didn't bother.

It's a Stouffer's dinner. White turkey meat with stuffing and gravy and
a side of mashed russet potatoes. I've never tried that one but I should
go ahead and eat it soon. Just add some vegetables.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 29 Dec 2020 08:56:10 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>On 12/28/2020 6:31 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Fri, 25 Dec 2020 08:40:06 -0500, Gary wrote:
>>
>>> Happy Christmas to all in RFC. :-D

>> Which Hungry Man did you have for dinner?

>lol That would have been fine with me.
>For Christmas, I would have chosen the Turkey dinner. It's not bad.
>
>I had a microwaved and chopped Yukon gold potato, a sweet potato, some
>semi-homemade stuffing* and some applesauce. Slice of bread and butter
>always with most meals.
>
>* one box of StoveTop Turkey stuffing, then doubled with homemade
>ingredients...diced bread then dried overnight in the oven, minced
>onion, plenty of dried sage and homemade chicken stock rather than water
>to moisten it all.
>
>That was it. Simple.
>
>I do have a frozen dinner in the freezer that I bought over a year ago
>to have for Thanksgiving or Christmas (2019). Didn't have it last year
>and planned to this time, but still didn't bother.
>
>It's a Stouffer's dinner. White turkey meat with stuffing and gravy and
>a side of mashed russet potatoes. I've never tried that one but I should
>go ahead and eat it soon. Just add some vegetables.

Don't be suprised that if by now that white meat turkey is green meat
turkey, and hairy. I'd not want a schtinkin' frozen turkey dinner,
I'd much rather go to a deli and buy a 1/2 pound of Boars Head turkey,
makes great sammiches, with mayo, lettuce, tomato. While at the deli
you may decide on German tater salad instead of mashed... and get a
big garlic dill pickle. Then all you'd need is an ice cold Docter
Brown's Cel-Rey.