Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Duck Fat Caramels

Twice a year my broker has a dinner for us at some floozy-doozy
restaurant. Since Covid-19 there were no dinners this year nor any
in-person discussions of accounts. Today I got a Priority Mail package
from him and his staff which includes chocolate, sea salt chocolate,
and duck fat caramels.

The duck fat caramels are really nice, quite flavorful, and not as sweet
as Kraft caramels. I have nothing against Kraft, will gladly eat them when
offered, but these are different and goooooooood. I haven't tried the
chocolates yet; I will hold off until after dinner and share with my brother.

All three confections come from a small artisan chocolate factory two
blocks from my house! A few times I've seen a sign posted in their window
they are hiring and will teach the person everything they need to know to do
the job. Good thing I didn't stop in and put in my application.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, December 14, 2020 at 7:06:12 PM UTC-6, wrote:

> IMO, the best things about duck (as a food) are duck fat and duck wings.
>
> --Bryan

I've not had duck wings but I have had duck and it was very good. So
are these caramels. YUM
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, December 14, 2020 at 7:45:29 PM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:

> I've not had duck wings either and I'm not a duck fat enthusiast but if it's a special occasion and I'm at a Chinese restaurant, a roast duck is always a good idea!
> https://photos.app.goo.gl/JLow5E22f9esyy7f7

That is truly drool-worthy!

bacon caramels sf[_9_] General Cooking 1 28-08-2009 09:12 PM
REC - Vanilla Caramels Damsel in dis Dress General Cooking 1 09-08-2006 11:25 AM
Caramels Duckie ® Recipes 0 03-01-2006 11:51 AM
Maple Caramels Tim Recipes 0 20-07-2005 11:02 PM
vegas trip: gumbo, gumbo, sushi, ribs, duck, duck, duck, crabcake, and the conundrum of kobe beef sliders Blair P. Houghton General Cooking 3 29-08-2004 07:04 AM