FoodBanter.com

-   -   REC: "Sugarless" Fudge (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/452891-rec-sugarless-fudge.html)

jmcquown[_2_] 05-12-2020 11:58 AM

REC: "Sugarless" Fudge

I don't know where my mother got this recipe. It tastes good but the
texture is a bit different from regular fudge.

Sugarless Fudge

3 pkgs. (6 oz. each) chocolate chips
1 can Sweetened condensed milk
1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
pinch of salt
1/2 c. chopped nuts (optional)

In the top of a double boiler, melt chocolate chips over hot water.
Remove from heat. Add sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and nuts (if
desired). Stir until smooth. Pour mixture into a waxed paper lined
8-inch square pan. Chill until set and cut into squares. Store in an
air-tight container.

Jill

Bryan Simmons 05-12-2020 12:06 PM

REC: "Sugarless" Fudge

On Saturday, December 5, 2020 at 5:59:04 AM UTC-6, wrote:
> I don't know where my mother got this recipe. It tastes good but the
> texture is a bit different from regular fudge.
>
> Sugarless Fudge
>
> 3 pkgs. (6 oz. each) chocolate chips
> 1 can Sweetened condensed milk
> 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
> pinch of salt
> 1/2 c. chopped nuts (optional)
>
> In the top of a double boiler, melt chocolate chips over hot water.
> Remove from heat. Add sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and nuts (if
> desired). Stir until smooth. Pour mixture into a waxed paper lined
> 8-inch square pan. Chill until set and cut into squares. Store in an
> air-tight container.

More than likely off the side of the sweetened condensed milk can in the
1960s or 70s.

> Jill

--Bryan

Bryan Simmons 05-12-2020 12:14 PM

REC: "Sugarless" Fudge

On Saturday, December 5, 2020 at 6:07:04 AM UTC-6, Bryan Simmons wrote:
> On Saturday, December 5, 2020 at 5:59:04 AM UTC-6, wrote:
> > I don't know where my mother got this recipe. It tastes good but the
> > texture is a bit different from regular fudge.
> >
> > Sugarless Fudge
> >
> > 3 pkgs. (6 oz. each) chocolate chips
> > 1 can Sweetened condensed milk
> > 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
> > pinch of salt
> > 1/2 c. chopped nuts (optional)
> >
> > In the top of a double boiler, melt chocolate chips over hot water.
> > Remove from heat. Add sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and nuts (if
> > desired). Stir until smooth. Pour mixture into a waxed paper lined
> > 8-inch square pan. Chill until set and cut into squares. Store in an
> > air-tight container.

> More than likely off the side of the sweetened condensed milk can in the
> 1960s or 70s.

"The 1960's called. They want their recipe back."
--Steve Wertz in rec.food.cooking 4-20-2009

> > Jill

> --Bryan

--Bryan

Cindy Hamilton[_2_] 05-12-2020 01:29 PM

REC: "Sugarless" Fudge

On Saturday, December 5, 2020 at 6:59:04 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> I don't know where my mother got this recipe. It tastes good but the
> texture is a bit different from regular fudge.
>
> Sugarless Fudge
>
> 3 pkgs. (6 oz. each) chocolate chips
> 1 can Sweetened condensed milk
> 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
> pinch of salt
> 1/2 c. chopped nuts (optional)
>
> In the top of a double boiler, melt chocolate chips over hot water.
> Remove from heat. Add sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and nuts (if
> desired). Stir until smooth. Pour mixture into a waxed paper lined
> 8-inch square pan. Chill until set and cut into squares. Store in an
> air-tight container.
>
> Jill

I think I'd rather have ganache.

Cindy Hamilton

Bruce[_33_] 05-12-2020 06:51 PM

REC: "Sugarless" Fudge

On Sat, 5 Dec 2020 05:29:31 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Saturday, December 5, 2020 at 6:59:04 AM UTC-5, wrote:
>> I don't know where my mother got this recipe. It tastes good but the
>> texture is a bit different from regular fudge.
>>
>> Sugarless Fudge
>>
>> 3 pkgs. (6 oz. each) chocolate chips
>> 1 can Sweetened condensed milk
>> 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
>> pinch of salt
>> 1/2 c. chopped nuts (optional)
>>
>> In the top of a double boiler, melt chocolate chips over hot water.
>> Remove from heat. Add sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and nuts (if
>> desired). Stir until smooth. Pour mixture into a waxed paper lined
>> 8-inch square pan. Chill until set and cut into squares. Store in an
>> air-tight container.
>>
>> Jill

>I think I'd rather have ganache.

Not bibimbap?

Cindy Hamilton[_2_] 05-12-2020 07:19 PM

REC: "Sugarless" Fudge

On Saturday, December 5, 2020 at 1:51:11 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Dec 2020 05:29:31 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Saturday, December 5, 2020 at 6:59:04 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> >> I don't know where my mother got this recipe. It tastes good but the
> >> texture is a bit different from regular fudge.
> >>
> >> Sugarless Fudge
> >>
> >> 3 pkgs. (6 oz. each) chocolate chips
> >> 1 can Sweetened condensed milk
> >> 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
> >> pinch of salt
> >> 1/2 c. chopped nuts (optional)
> >>
> >> In the top of a double boiler, melt chocolate chips over hot water.
> >> Remove from heat. Add sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and nuts (if
> >> desired). Stir until smooth. Pour mixture into a waxed paper lined
> >> 8-inch square pan. Chill until set and cut into squares. Store in an
> >> air-tight container.
> >>
> >> Jill

> >I think I'd rather have ganache.

> Not bibimbap?

What are you talking about? The are not remotely similar.

Cindy Hamilton

Bruce[_33_] 05-12-2020 07:31 PM

REC: "Sugarless" Fudge

On Sat, 5 Dec 2020 11:19:04 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Saturday, December 5, 2020 at 1:51:11 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>> On Sat, 5 Dec 2020 05:29:31 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >I think I'd rather have ganache.

>> Not bibimbap?

>What are you talking about? The are not remotely similar.

:)

Ophelia[_7_] 05-12-2020 09:38 PM

"Sugarless" Fudge

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On Sat, 5 Dec 2020 05:29:31 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Saturday, December 5, 2020 at 6:59:04 AM UTC-5,
>wrote:
>> I don't know where my mother got this recipe. It tastes good but the
>> texture is a bit different from regular fudge.
>>
>> Sugarless Fudge
>>
>> 3 pkgs. (6 oz. each) chocolate chips
>> 1 can Sweetened condensed milk
>> 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
>> pinch of salt
>> 1/2 c. chopped nuts (optional)
>>
>> In the top of a double boiler, melt chocolate chips over hot water.
>> Remove from heat. Add sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and nuts (if
>> desired). Stir until smooth. Pour mixture into a waxed paper lined
>> 8-inch square pan. Chill until set and cut into squares. Store in an
>> air-tight container.
>>
>> Jill

>I think I'd rather have ganache.

Not bibimbap?

===

I will take bibimbap any time. I am not keep on things too sweet:)

Bruce[_33_] 05-12-2020 10:09 PM

"Sugarless" Fudge

On Sat, 5 Dec 2020 21:38:15 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
>On Sat, 5 Dec 2020 05:29:31 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:
>
>>On Saturday, December 5, 2020 at 6:59:04 AM UTC-5,
>>wrote:
>>> I don't know where my mother got this recipe. It tastes good but the
>>> texture is a bit different from regular fudge.
>>>
>>> Sugarless Fudge
>>>
>>> 3 pkgs. (6 oz. each) chocolate chips
>>> 1 can Sweetened condensed milk
>>> 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
>>> pinch of salt
>>> 1/2 c. chopped nuts (optional)
>>>
>>> In the top of a double boiler, melt chocolate chips over hot water.
>>> Remove from heat. Add sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and nuts (if
>>> desired). Stir until smooth. Pour mixture into a waxed paper lined
>>> 8-inch square pan. Chill until set and cut into squares. Store in an
>>> air-tight container.
>>>
>>> Jill

>>I think I'd rather have ganache.

>Not bibimbap?
>
>===
>
> I will take bibimbap any time. I am not keep on things too sweet:)

I am, depending what it is, but I try to control it.

Ophelia[_7_] 05-12-2020 10:09 PM

"Sugarless" Fudge

"Ophelia" wrote in message ...

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On Sat, 5 Dec 2020 05:29:31 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Saturday, December 5, 2020 at 6:59:04 AM UTC-5,
>wrote:
>> I don't know where my mother got this recipe. It tastes good but the
>> texture is a bit different from regular fudge.
>>
>> Sugarless Fudge
>>
>> 3 pkgs. (6 oz. each) chocolate chips
>> 1 can Sweetened condensed milk
>> 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
>> pinch of salt
>> 1/2 c. chopped nuts (optional)
>>
>> In the top of a double boiler, melt chocolate chips over hot water.
>> Remove from heat. Add sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and nuts (if
>> desired). Stir until smooth. Pour mixture into a waxed paper lined
>> 8-inch square pan. Chill until set and cut into squares. Store in an
>> air-tight container.
>>
>> Jill

>I think I'd rather have ganache.

Not bibimbap?

===

I will take bibimbap any time. I am not keep on things too sweet:)

==

Keen

Ophelia[_7_] 05-12-2020 10:11 PM

"Sugarless" Fudge

wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .

>On Sat, 5 Dec 2020 05:29:31 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:
>
>>On Saturday, December 5, 2020 at 6:59:04 AM UTC-5,
>>wrote:
>>> I don't know where my mother got this recipe. It tastes good but the
>>> texture is a bit different from regular fudge.
>>>
>>> Sugarless Fudge
>>>
>>> 3 pkgs. (6 oz. each) chocolate chips
>>> 1 can Sweetened condensed milk
>>> 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
>>> pinch of salt
>>> 1/2 c. chopped nuts (optional)
>>>
>>> In the top of a double boiler, melt chocolate chips over hot water.
>>> Remove from heat. Add sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and nuts (if
>>> desired). Stir until smooth. Pour mixture into a waxed paper lined
>>> 8-inch square pan. Chill until set and cut into squares. Store in an
>>> air-tight container.
>>>
>>> Jill

>>I think I'd rather have ganache.

>Not bibimbap?
>
>===
>
> I will take bibimbap any time. I am not keep on things too sweet:)

I am, depending what it is, but I try to control it.

==

What? bibimbap? I am sure you know but it is rice with meat and all
sorts mixed in top!

Bruce[_33_] 05-12-2020 10:14 PM

"Sugarless" Fudge

On Sat, 5 Dec 2020 22:11:28 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
>On Sat, 5 Dec 2020 21:38:15 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>

>>"Bruce" wrote in message
. ..

>>On Sat, 5 Dec 2020 05:29:31 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>>>I think I'd rather have ganache.

>>Not bibimbap?
>>
>>===
>>
>> I will take bibimbap any time. I am not keep on things too sweet:)

>I am, depending what it is, but I try to control it.
>
>==
>
> What? bibimbap? I am sure you know but it is rice with meat and all
>sorts mixed in top!

I meant that I am keen on certain sweet things, but try to control it
:)

Alex[_31_] 06-12-2020 04:23 AM

"Sugarless" Fudge

Ophelia wrote:

> "Ophelia"Â* wrote in message ...
>

> "Bruce"Â* wrote in message
>
> On Sat, 5 Dec 2020 05:29:31 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
>> On Saturday, December 5, 2020 at 6:59:04 AM UTC-5,
>> wrote:
>>> I don't know where my mother got this recipe. It tastes good but the
>>> texture is a bit different from regular fudge.
>>>
>>> Sugarless Fudge
>>>
>>> 3 pkgs. (6 oz. each) chocolate chips
>>> 1 can Sweetened condensed milk
>>> 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
>>> pinch of salt
>>> 1/2 c. chopped nuts (optional)
>>>
>>> In the top of a double boiler, melt chocolate chips over hot water.
>>> Remove from heat. Add sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and nuts (if
>>> desired). Stir until smooth. Pour mixture into a waxed paper lined
>>> 8-inch square pan. Chill until set and cut into squares. Store in an
>>> air-tight container.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> I think I'd rather have ganache.

> Not bibimbap?
>
> ===
>
> Â*I will take bibimbap any time.Â* I am not keep on things too sweet:)
>
> ==
>
> Â* Keen

Very good!

Ophelia[_7_] 06-12-2020 10:51 AM

"Sugarless" Fudge

wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .

>On Sat, 5 Dec 2020 21:38:15 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>

>>"Bruce" wrote in message
. ..

>>On Sat, 5 Dec 2020 05:29:31 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>>>I think I'd rather have ganache.

>>Not bibimbap?
>>
>>===
>>
>> I will take bibimbap any time. I am not keep on things too sweet:)

>I am, depending what it is, but I try to control it.
>
>==
>
> What? bibimbap? I am sure you know but it is rice with meat and all
>sorts mixed in top!

I meant that I am keen on certain sweet things, but try to control it
:)

====

LOL OK you got me:)))) I eat very little sweetstuff:)))))