Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Carving a Turkey at the table

I'm not skilled enough to do that properly, so what do I do?
Take turkey out of oven when done. Let it rest for quite a while, about 30 minutes at least. I want it to cool a bit before attacking. I take a boning knife or a good paring knife will do. Follow the breast and take it off skin intact. Then take off the legs and pull the meat skin intact. Don't forget the oysters on the back side. Pull as much meat as possible. Now slice the breast cross wise, skin intact. About 3/16 inch thick or so. Arrange nicely on a metal platter. Take the pulled leg meat and arrange around the breast. Before serving, drizzle some turkey or chick stock over the meat and place into a hot oven until warm. Take it to the table, set it down and give it all to me.
If you don't want to bother with this, then serve your guests some wonderful canned chef boyardee ravioli. It's just as good.

Carving the Turkey Christine Dabney General Cooking 10 22-11-2007 12:36 AM
food carving chefjoe Barbecue 1 31-01-2006 10:58 PM
Art Of The Table carving waiting dressing service 1923 FA [email protected] General Cooking 0 22-05-2005 01:01 AM
Art Of The Table carving waiter dressing service 1923 FA [email protected] General Cooking 0 19-05-2005 04:52 PM