Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Time for me to go to work

Hank Rogers wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:

> >> http://www.neighborhoodarchive.com/m...shes_dont.html
> >>
> >> There are a lot of folks I wish were dead. I wished that Andy would die,
> >> and was happy when he did.

> > I wasn't exactly happy to find out that Andy died, but I was happy
> > that he stopped posting for 4-5 months prior to that time. Just like
> > I was happy that Kevin S. Wilson stopped posting, but he didn't
> > die(*).
> >
> > Seeing as how your work-mate didn't die but is out of your hair,
> > isn't that good and you're simply glad he's gone? It seems your
> > animosity had grown after your cow-orker left - Which is the Evil on
> > your part.
> >
> > -sw
> >
> > (*) Had he still been posting as he did, I would wish he were dead.
> >

> Such nice folks here.

Someday, all of us current posters will die. Maybe then, all will
be happy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan Simmons wrote:

> He hailed a cab, and after tossing his heavy backpack that was the
> only luggage they had into the front seat, he slid in next to Ann.
> When they were safely inside, he said, "The Palomar please." He
> regretted not having gone there with Lauren. She'd agreed they
> couldn't afford it, but had waxed about the "spa lady" amenities, and
> he thought, "We really should have gone." But then his mind flew to
> the butterflies. One flap of a wing, and this future might never have
> happened.
>
> *****************
>
> You should read my book.

I think we are all reading it, like it or not, quote by quote
anyway as we read your posts.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 20:18 15 Oct 2020, Jeus said:
> On Thu, 15 Oct 2020 11:54:54 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> > wrote:
>>

>> I hope the folks at your job aren't like most of the pieces of shit
>> that I work with. One guy is out for an extended medical leave. I
>> heard it's something with his heart. I hope the mother****er dies, as
>> he's one of those assholes who puts others at risk by not covering his
>> ****ing face.

> Not a murderer, not a peadophile. Not even a banker who ruins lives or
> even a drunk driver who killed someone. Just a guy who doesn't think
> the same as you. Therefore you want the "mother****er" to die.
>
> If I had somebody like you living near me and my family, and I was aware
> that they thought the same way you do, I wouldn't be making this post.
> I'd say nothing. But they would one day disappear off the face of the
> earth. You're probably harmless, but I wouldn't take the chance.

It's the usual passive-aggressive routine: first chat about deep frying a
tasty piece of fish and then switch in an instant to throwing boiling oil
into someone's face for saying the wrong thing. Something like that.

A psycho in the making.

Does he intend it to impress?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 07:07:39 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Bruce wrote:

>> >That depends on whether you wish to exist or to never have existed. It's
>> >not even a conundrum.

>> Huh?

>If you go back in history and change just one thing, it
>would have a ripple effect and change way more than just
>eliminating baby Hitler.
>
>There's plenty of "what if" books, movies and tv shows
>on the subject of changing history.
>
>We might have a better world or maybe a worse world now and
>many of us would not exist.

You could also argue that time travel is impossible. Or that nobody
would leave a baby alone in a house. That's all not the point. Would
you kill baby Adolf and thus prevent the Holocaust? That's the
question.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/16/2020 2:56 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 07:07:39 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
>> Bruce wrote:

>>> Huh?

>> If you go back in history and change just one thing, it
>> would have a ripple effect and change way more than just
>> eliminating baby Hitler.
>>
>> There's plenty of "what if" books, movies and tv shows
>> on the subject of changing history.
>>
>> We might have a better world or maybe a worse world now and
>> many of us would not exist.

> You could also argue that time travel is impossible. Or that nobody
> would leave a baby alone in a house. That's all not the point. Would
> you kill baby Adolf and thus prevent the Holocaust? That's the
> question.

You can easily liken the murder to be the same as execution of
criminals. Easy to justify to yourself and no consequences if you could
just time travel out of there.

If you were found out and arrested, it would be difficult to explain.
Your prosecution will make the usual arguments for not taking a life.
In addition, they will say you took away a child that could grow up to
be a scientist to cure diseases or become a great leader that would
bring about world peace. You, in turn could be executed. Would you
sacrifice your life to save millions?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 15:12:20 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 10/16/2020 2:56 PM, Bruce wrote:

>>> If you go back in history and change just one thing, it
>>> would have a ripple effect and change way more than just
>>> eliminating baby Hitler.
>>>
>>> There's plenty of "what if" books, movies and tv shows
>>> on the subject of changing history.
>>>
>>> We might have a better world or maybe a worse world now and
>>> many of us would not exist.

>> You could also argue that time travel is impossible. Or that nobody
>> would leave a baby alone in a house. That's all not the point. Would
>> you kill baby Adolf and thus prevent the Holocaust? That's the
>> question.
>>

>You can easily liken the murder to be the same as execution of
>criminals. Easy to justify to yourself and no consequences if you could
>just time travel out of there.
>
>If you were found out and arrested, it would be difficult to explain.
>Your prosecution will make the usual arguments for not taking a life.
>In addition, they will say you took away a child that could grow up to
>be a scientist to cure diseases or become a great leader that would
>bring about world peace. You, in turn could be executed. Would you
>sacrifice your life to save millions?

So you'd kill the baby if you could then walk away freely?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 07:07:39 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
>> Bruce wrote:

>>> Huh?

>> If you go back in history and change just one thing, it
>> would have a ripple effect and change way more than just
>> eliminating baby Hitler.
>>
>> There's plenty of "what if" books, movies and tv shows
>> on the subject of changing history.
>>
>> We might have a better world or maybe a worse world now and
>> many of us would not exist.

> You could also argue that time travel is impossible. Or that nobody
> would leave a baby alone in a house. That's all not the point. Would
> you kill baby Adolf and thus prevent the Holocaust? That's the
> question.

Would you just stiff Adolf's Butt and walk out the door? I'm
betting you would do exactly that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Hank Rogers wrote:
> Bruce wrote:

>>> If you go back in history and change just one thing, it
>>> would have a ripple effect and change way more than just
>>> eliminating baby Hitler.
>>>
>>> There's plenty of "what if" books, movies and tv shows
>>> on the subject of changing history.
>>>
>>> We might have a better world or maybe a worse world now and
>>> many of us would not exist.

>> You could also argue that time travel is impossible. Or that nobody
>> would leave a baby alone in a house. That's all not the point. Would
>> you kill baby Adolf and thus prevent the Holocaust? That's the
>> question.
>>

> Would you just stiff Adolf's Butt and walk out the door? I'm
> betting you would do exactly that.

Hahahahahaha! Typo ... Druce would only *sniff* Adolf's butt.
Popeye would be the one to *stiff* it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 18:58:45 +0100, Pamela >
wrote:

>On 20:18 15 Oct 2020, Jeus said:
>> On Thu, 15 Oct 2020 11:54:54 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
>> > wrote:
>>>

>>> I hope the folks at your job aren't like most of the pieces of shit
>>> that I work with. One guy is out for an extended medical leave. I
>>> heard it's something with his heart. I hope the mother****er dies, as
>>> he's one of those assholes who puts others at risk by not covering his
>>> ****ing face.

>> Not a murderer, not a peadophile. Not even a banker who ruins lives or
>> even a drunk driver who killed someone. Just a guy who doesn't think
>> the same as you. Therefore you want the "mother****er" to die.
>>
>> If I had somebody like you living near me and my family, and I was aware
>> that they thought the same way you do, I wouldn't be making this post.
>> I'd say nothing. But they would one day disappear off the face of the
>> earth. You're probably harmless, but I wouldn't take the chance.

>It's the usual passive-aggressive routine: first chat about deep frying a
>tasty piece of fish and then switch in an instant to throwing boiling oil
>into someone's face for saying the wrong thing. Something like that.
>
>A psycho in the making.

In the making? He's been like this for years.

>Does he intend it to impress?

To an extent, yes.

All jokes aside, this guy is really not well upstairs. In a way that
IMO that makes him potentially dangerous. Guys with mouths like his
are almost always cowards in real life, but what if he found himself
in a scenario where he felt absolutely safe killing somebody he didn't
like? I wouldn't tolerate him living anywhere near my family.

John's a loon, but Bryan is seriously, seriously messed up. I'm
wondering how these two managed to find each other, given their
pathology... did the mental illness come before or after their meeting
each other?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/16/2020 3:38 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 15:12:20 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>>> You could also argue that time travel is impossible. Or that nobody
>>> would leave a baby alone in a house. That's all not the point. Would
>>> you kill baby Adolf and thus prevent the Holocaust? That's the
>>> question.
>>>

>> You can easily liken the murder to be the same as execution of
>> criminals. Easy to justify to yourself and no consequences if you could
>> just time travel out of there.
>>
>> If you were found out and arrested, it would be difficult to explain.
>> Your prosecution will make the usual arguments for not taking a life.
>> In addition, they will say you took away a child that could grow up to
>> be a scientist to cure diseases or become a great leader that would
>> bring about world peace. You, in turn could be executed. Would you
>> sacrifice your life to save millions?

> So you'd kill the baby if you could then walk away freely?

I'd take the time machine back a bit further and prevent conception.

My time machine only goes back to 1940 so far so I'll have to get back
to you if I do it.

You could argue though, it would save millions of lives so ethically it
would be the right thing to do.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 10/16/2020 3:38 PM, Bruce wrote:
>> On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 15:12:20 -0400, Ed Pawlowski >
>> wrote:

>>> You can easily liken the murder to be the same as execution of
>>> criminals.* Easy to justify to yourself and no consequences if
>>> you could
>>> just time travel out of there.
>>>
>>> If you were found out and arrested, it would be difficult to
>>> explain.
>>> Your prosecution will make the usual arguments for not taking a
>>> life.
>>> In addition, they will say you took away a child that could grow
>>> up to
>>> be a scientist to cure diseases or become a great leader that would
>>> bring about world peace.* You, in turn could be executed.* Would
>>> you
>>> sacrifice your life to save millions?

>> So you'd kill the baby if you could then walk away freely?
>>

> I'd take the time machine back a bit further and prevent conception.
>
> My time machine only goes back to 1940 so far so I'll have to get
> back to you if I do it.
>
> You could argue though, it would save millions of lives so
> ethically it would be the right thing to do.

Ed, when you get through using that machine, consider shipping it
to washington. Donald trump really needs it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> On Friday, October 16, 2020 at 3:51:43 AM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> > On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 01:46:04 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> > > wrote:

> > >If he doesn't die, he could return. I could never figure out calling dead
> > >people, "late." If they're just late, you expect them to eventually show
> > >up. Oh, and my animosity didn't grow after my co-orker left. I've
> > >wanted him to die for quite some time.

> > I don't want anybody to die, not even Trump. I'd like to see him
> > locked up in a padded room, though. Or in a cage in a zoo, with the
> > other primates.
> >
> > The old question: you're a time traveller and you find yourself in a
> > room with a cot. In the cot lies baby Adolf Hitler. There's nobody
> > else in the house. What do you do?

> Interesting question. Of course I'd smother the little ****er, but
> time is a funny thing.
>
> *****************
>
> He hailed a cab, and after tossing his heavy backpack that was the
> only luggage they had into the front seat, he slid in next to Ann.
> When they were safely inside, he said, "The Palomar please." He
> regretted not having gone there with Lauren. She'd agreed they
> couldn't afford it, but had waxed about the "spa lady" amenities, and
> he thought, "We really should have gone." But then his mind flew to
> the butterflies. One flap of a wing, and this future might never have
> happened.
>
> *****************
>
> You should read my book.

You are fine writer and I shall do so.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Hank Rogers wrote:

> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> > On 10/16/2020 3:38 PM, Bruce wrote:

> >> So you'd kill the baby if you could then walk away freely?
> >>

> > I'd take the time machine back a bit further and prevent conception.
> >
> > My time machine only goes back to 1940 so far so I'll have to get
> > back to you if I do it.
> >
> > You could argue though, it would save millions of lives so
> > ethically it would be the right thing to do.

> Ed, when you get through using that machine, consider shipping it
> to washington. Donald trump really needs it.

Que?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 19:24:45 -0700 (PDT), Bruce

>> On Friday, October 16, 2020 at 3:51:43 AM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>> > On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 01:46:04 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons

>> > I don't want anybody to die, not even Trump. I'd like to see him
>> > locked up in a padded room, though. Or in a cage in a zoo, with the
>> > other primates.
>> >
>> > The old question: you're a time traveller and you find yourself in a
>> > room with a cot. In the cot lies baby Adolf Hitler. There's nobody
>> > else in the house. What do you do?

>> Interesting question. Of course I'd smother the little ****er, but
>> time is a funny thing.
>>
>> *****************
>>
>> He hailed a cab, and after tossing his heavy backpack that was the
>> only luggage they had into the front seat, he slid in next to Ann.
>> When they were safely inside, he said, "The Palomar please." He
>> regretted not having gone there with Lauren. She'd agreed they
>> couldn't afford it, but had waxed about the "spa lady" amenities, and
>> he thought, "We really should have gone." But then his mind flew to
>> the butterflies. One flap of a wing, and this future might never have
>> happened.
>>
>> *****************
>>
>> You should read my book.

>You are fine writer and I shall do so.

Greg Sorrow posting under my name. I wonder which button I pushed this
time. Probably something about the orange man-child.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> Would
> you kill baby Adolf and thus prevent the Holocaust? That's the
> question.

I'm sure that's been argued before. I wonder what the general
consensus was? Probably to kill him.

Keep in mind though that what would have happened instead
might have been worse.

Going back in time and knowing what would eventually happen,
I still wouldn't kill an innocent baby Adolf. Nothing evil
about the baby at that time. To kill him at that time
would just make me the evil one.

How about kidnap the baby to change history?
Raise him differently. That would make a change.
Let a nice, loving jewish couple adopt him and raise
him as their own son. That might work.

As always, hindsight is 20/20

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 17 Oct 2020 06:05:14 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>>
>> Would
>> you kill baby Adolf and thus prevent the Holocaust? That's the
>> question.

>I'm sure that's been argued before. I wonder what the general
>consensus was? Probably to kill him.
>
>Keep in mind though that what would have happened instead
>might have been worse.

The Holocaust is the worst thing that happened in western history.
What worse thing could have happened?

>Going back in time and knowing what would eventually happen,
>I still wouldn't kill an innocent baby Adolf. Nothing evil
>about the baby at that time. To kill him at that time
>would just make me the evil one.
>
>How about kidnap the baby to change history?
>Raise him differently. That would make a change.
>Let a nice, loving jewish couple adopt him and raise
>him as their own son. That might work.

Yes, that's an idea.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, October 16, 2020 at 8:56:15 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 07:07:39 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
> >Bruce wrote:

> >> Huh?

> >If you go back in history and change just one thing, it
> >would have a ripple effect and change way more than just
> >eliminating baby Hitler.
> >
> >There's plenty of "what if" books, movies and tv shows
> >on the subject of changing history.
> >
> >We might have a better world or maybe a worse world now and
> >many of us would not exist.

> You could also argue that time travel is impossible. Or that nobody
> would leave a baby alone in a house. That's all not the point. Would
> you kill baby Adolf and thus prevent the Holocaust? That's the
> question.

What would Capt. Kirk do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91Jp94cY6Xc
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 17 Oct 2020 03:25:13 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Friday, October 16, 2020 at 8:56:15 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:

>> >If you go back in history and change just one thing, it
>> >would have a ripple effect and change way more than just
>> >eliminating baby Hitler.
>> >
>> >There's plenty of "what if" books, movies and tv shows
>> >on the subject of changing history.
>> >
>> >We might have a better world or maybe a worse world now and
>> >many of us would not exist.

>> You could also argue that time travel is impossible. Or that nobody
>> would leave a baby alone in a house. That's all not the point. Would
>> you kill baby Adolf and thus prevent the Holocaust? That's the
>> question.

>What would Capt. Kirk do?

I don't know who that is.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, October 17, 2020 at 12:28:00 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Oct 2020 03:25:13 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> > wrote:

> >> You could also argue that time travel is impossible. Or that nobody
> >> would leave a baby alone in a house. That's all not the point. Would
> >> you kill baby Adolf and thus prevent the Holocaust? That's the
> >> question.

> >What would Capt. Kirk do?

> I don't know who that is.

Consider yourself lucky. I wish I was you.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> Bruce wrote:
> > So you'd kill the baby if you could then walk away freely?
> >

> I'd take the time machine back a bit further and prevent conception.

Or maybe forward the time machine a bit to an annoying
teenage Adolf.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 17 Oct 2020 03:33:11 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Saturday, October 17, 2020 at 12:28:00 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>> On Sat, 17 Oct 2020 03:25:13 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
>> > wrote:

>> >What would Capt. Kirk do?

>> I don't know who that is.

>Consider yourself lucky. I wish I was you.

lol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> Gary wrote:
> >Keep in mind though that what would have happened instead
> >might have been worse.

> The Holocaust is the worst thing that happened in western history.
> What worse thing could have happened?

A horrible thing but don't ever say, "it couldn't be worse."
No matter how bad things get, there is *always* a worse
thing that could happen. It's just what you haven't
envisioned.

What if Hitler and the nazis defeated the Allies and
Soviet Union? World wide holocaust X 100,000 or more.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

On Saturday, October 17, 2020 at 6:49:51 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> Bruce wrote:
> >
> > Gary wrote:
> > >Keep in mind though that what would have happened instead
> > >might have been worse.

> > The Holocaust is the worst thing that happened in western history.
> > What worse hing could have happened?

> A horrible thing but don't ever say, "it couldn't be worse."
> No matter how bad things get, there is *always* a worse
> thing that could happen. It's just what you haven't
> envisioned.

Hitler is a piker compared to the worldwide toll of deaths from 20th - century communism. Estimated to be 100 million and counting, e.g. present day North Korea, Venezuela, Cuba...

Me, I'd go back in time and kill Lenin, he got the whole ball rolling in 1917, he was an evil, EVIL genius:

https://www.hup.harvard.edu/catalog....=9780674076082

"The Black Book of Communism" -- Already famous throughout Europe, this international bestseller plumbs recently opened archives in the former Soviet bloc to reveal the actual, practical accomplishments of Communism around the world: terror, torture, famine, mass deportations, and massacres. Astonishing in the sheer detail it amasses, the book is the first comprehensive attempt to catalogue and analyze the crimes of Communism over seventy years.

Revolutions, like trees, must be judged by their fruit, Ignazio Silone wrote, and this is the standard the authors apply to the Communist experiencein the China of the Great Helmsman, Kim Il Sungs Korea, Vietnam under Uncle Ho and Cuba under Castro, Ethiopia under Mengistu, Angola under Neto, and Afghanistan under Najibullah. The authors, all distinguished scholars based in Europe, document Communist crimes against humanity, but also crimes against national and universal culture, from Stalins destruction of hundreds of churches in Moscow to Ceausescus leveling of the historic heart of Bucharest to the widescale devastation visited on Chinese culture by Maos Red Guards.

As the death toll mountsas many as 25 million in the former Soviet Union, 65 million in China, 1.7 million in Cambodia, and on and onthe authors systematically show how and why, wherever the millenarian ideology of Communism was established, it quickly led to crime, terror, and repression. An extraordinary accounting, this book amply documents the unparalleled position and significance of Communism in the hierarchy of violence that is the history of the twentieth century..."

> What if Hitler and the nazis defeated the Allies and
> Soviet Union? World wide holocaust X 100,000 or more.

Gary, have you ever read "The Man in the High Castle" by Philip C. Dick, the novel was written in 1962, and it's recently been an Amazon Prime series, one of my faves:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ma...he_High_Castle

"In the novel's alternate history, US President Franklin D. Roosevelt was assassinated by Giuseppe Zangara in 1934 leading to the continuation of the Great Depression and US isolationism during the opening of World War II. Adolf Hitler led Nazi Germany to conquer most of Europe and the Soviet Union, murdering Jews, Roma, Slavs, and other groups. Meanwhile, Imperial Japan occupied Eastern Asia and Oceania. The Nazis then, with help of their allies, conquered most of Africa. As Japan invaded the US West Coast, Germany invaded the US East Coast. By 1947, the US and the remaining Allies surrendered to the Axis, ending the war.

By the 1960s, Imperial Japan and Nazi Germany are the world's competing superpowers, with Japan establishing the "Pacific States of America" (P.S.A.) from the former West Coast United States and the remaining Mountain States, Great Plains States and Texas being a neutral buffer zone (called the Rocky Mountain States) between the P.S.A. and the Nazi-occupied former Eastern United States. In the East, there are two countries: "The South" is a racist puppet regime which collaborates with the Nazis (consisting of many of the states of the Old Confederacy). The United States of America still exists by name in the Northeast of the former territory and are controlled by a German military governor. For unexplained reasons, Canada remains independent despite being part of the Allies. Nevada is shown to be divided between the Japanese Pacific States and the neutral Rocky Mountain States.

Hitler, though still alive, is incapacitated from advanced syphilis, and Martin Bormann has become the acting Chancellor of Germany, with Goebbels, Heydrich, Göring, Seyss-Inquart (who oversees the extermination of the peoples of Africa), and other Nazi leaders soon vying to take his place. The Nazis have drained the Mediterranean to make room for farmland, developed and used the hydrogen bomb, and designed rockets for extremely fast travel across the world as well as space, having colonized the Moon, Venus, and Mars. The novel is set mostly in San Francisco. Here, Chinese residents first appear in the novel as second-class citizens and black people are slaves. The secondary setting of the novel is the Rocky Mountains States, namely the cities of Cañon City, Denver and Cheyenne..."

</>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 22:06 16 Oct 2020, Jeus said:

> On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 18:58:45 +0100, Pamela >
> wrote:
>
>>On 20:18 15 Oct 2020, Jeus said:
>>> On Thu, 15 Oct 2020 11:54:54 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons

>>> Not a murderer, not a peadophile. Not even a banker who ruins lives
>>> or even a drunk driver who killed someone. Just a guy who doesn't
>>> think the same as you. Therefore you want the "mother****er" to die.
>>>
>>> If I had somebody like you living near me and my family, and I was
>>> aware that they thought the same way you do, I wouldn't be making this
>>> post. I'd say nothing. But they would one day disappear off the face
>>> of the earth. You're probably harmless, but I wouldn't take the
>>> chance.

>>It's the usual passive-aggressive routine: first chat about deep frying
>>a tasty piece of fish and then switch in an instant to throwing boiling
>>oil into someone's face for saying the wrong thing. Something like
>>that.
>>
>>A psycho in the making.

> In the making? He's been like this for years.
>
>>Does he intend it to impress?

> To an extent, yes.
>
> All jokes aside, this guy is really not well upstairs. In a way that IMO
> that makes him potentially dangerous. Guys with mouths like his are
> almost always cowards in real life, but what if he found himself in a
> scenario where he felt absolutely safe killing somebody he didn't like?
> I wouldn't tolerate him living anywhere near my family.
>
> John's a loon, but Bryan is seriously, seriously messed up. I'm
> wondering how these two managed to find each other, given their
> pathology... did the mental illness come before or after their meeting
> each other?

How did those two ever meet up? Maybe it was some treatment progromme each
had been referred to.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, October 17, 2020 at 12:33:02 PM UTC-5, Pamela wrote:
> On 22:06 16 Oct 2020, Jeßus said:
>
> > On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 18:58:45 +0100, Pamela >
> > wrote:

> >>It's the usual passive-aggressive routine: first chat about deep frying
> >>a tasty piece of fish and then switch in an instant to throwing boiling
> >>oil into someone's face for saying the wrong thing. Something like
> >>that.
> >>
> >>A psycho in the making.

> > In the making? He's been like this for years.
> >
> >>Does he intend it to impress?

> > To an extent, yes.
> >
> > All jokes aside, this guy is really not well upstairs. In a way that IMO
> > that makes him potentially dangerous. Guys with mouths like his are
> > almost always cowards in real life, but what if he found himself in a
> > scenario where he felt absolutely safe killing somebody he didn't like?
> > I wouldn't tolerate him living anywhere near my family.

You are a really stupid ****. The only person I said I'd kill was baby
Hitler. Wishing is not the same as acting. If I were dangerous, I don't
think I'd have made it to less than 3 weeks from being 60 without a
criminal record. Really stupid ****.

> > John's a loon, but Bryan is seriously, seriously messed up. I'm
> > wondering how these two managed to find each other, given their
> > pathology... did the mental illness come before or after their meeting
> > each other?

> How did those two ever meet up? Maybe it was some treatment progromme each
> had been referred to.

Summer school after 9th-10th grade. We were both heavy pot smokers, and got
high every day during the break.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 17 Oct 2020 07:50:27 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>>
>> Gary wrote:
>> >Keep in mind though that what would have happened instead
>> >might have been worse.

>> The Holocaust is the worst thing that happened in western history.
>> What worse thing could have happened?

>A horrible thing but don't ever say, "it couldn't be worse."
>No matter how bad things get, there is *always* a worse
>thing that could happen. It's just what you haven't
>envisioned.
>
>What if Hitler and the nazis defeated the Allies and
>Soviet Union? World wide holocaust X 100,000 or more.

You said that if you'd killed Hitler, something worse might have
happened later. Then you give an example that involves Hitler.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, October 16, 2020 at 9:24:50 PM UTC-5, GM wrote:
> wrote:
>
> > On Friday, October 16, 2020 at 3:51:43 AM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> > > On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 01:46:04 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons

> > > I don't want anybody to die, not even Trump. I'd like to see him
> > > locked up in a padded room, though. Or in a cage in a zoo, with the
> > > other primates.
> > >
> > > The old question: you're a time traveller and you find yourself in a
> > > room with a cot. In the cot lies baby Adolf Hitler. There's nobody
> > > else in the house. What do you do?

> > Interesting question. Of course I'd smother the little ****er, but
> > time is a funny thing.
> >
> > *****************
> >
> > He hailed a cab, and after tossing his heavy backpack that was the
> > only luggage they had into the front seat, he slid in next to Ann.
> > When they were safely inside, he said, "The Palomar please." He
> > regretted not having gone there with Lauren. She'd agreed they
> > couldn't afford it, but had waxed about the "spa lady" amenities, and
> > he thought, "We really should have gone." But then his mind flew to
> > the butterflies. One flap of a wing, and this future might never have
> > happened.
> >
> > *****************
> >
> > You should read my book.

> You are fine writer and I shall do so.

I have trouble believing that you're not ribbing me, but I'm not humble
about the quality of the writing. Some folks love the story, and some
hate it. It ****es off some folks here when I promote it, even though it
is offered for free.
https://www.lulu.com/en/us/shop/brya...-176j5weg.html

It's a mystery of sorts, but there's no murder, and no crimes at all other
than exceeding the posted speed limit, and a women briefly being
topless in her back yard. It's soaked in sexuality, but anyone looking
for erotica would be disappointed. It doesn't have any dogs that are
morally superior to humans, or any dogs at all. There are lies, but
only one is malicious. It deals with family relationships, but there are
only two generations involved. It subtly hints at magical realism, but
it isn't that either. There are no Holocaust survivors, and while the
extant political realities are crucial to the tale, there's no political
intrigue. Food and drink play roles, but there are no recipes. It has
no recommendations for self-improvement or organizing one's life.
It is neither utopian, nor negative utopian. It's a romance where no
one is ravished, and everyone values consent, and while there's a
self-described queen, there are no actual royalty or dukes, and no
cowboys or Scotsmen. There are no spies or terrorists, and no
explosions or horrific catastrophes. There is no war or social
upheavels, and no racial conflicts.

If you *do* read it, that will make me happy, as it gives life to my
*Velveteen Rabbit*, but I'm not holding my breath.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> On Friday, October 16, 2020 at 9:24:50 PM UTC-5, GM wrote:
> > wrote:

> > > Interesting question. Of course I'd smother the little ****er, but
> > > time is a funny thing.
> > >
> > > *****************
> > >
> > > He hailed a cab, and after tossing his heavy backpack that was the
> > > only luggage they had into the front seat, he slid in next to Ann.
> > > When they were safely inside, he said, "The Palomar please." He
> > > regretted not having gone there with Lauren. She'd agreed they
> > > couldn't afford it, but had waxed about the "spa lady" amenities, and
> > > he thought, "We really should have gone." But then his mind flew to
> > > the butterflies. One flap of a wing, and this future might never have
> > > happened.
> > >
> > > *****************
> > >
> > > You should read my book.

> > You are fine writer and I shall do so.

> I have trouble believing that you're not ribbing me, but I'm not humble
> about the quality of the writing. Some folks love the story, and some
> hate it. It ****es off some folks here when I promote it, even though it
> is offered for free.
> https://www.lulu.com/en/us/shop/brya...-176j5weg.html
>
> It's a mystery of sorts, but there's no murder, and no crimes at all other
> than exceeding the posted speed limit, and a women briefly being
> topless in her back yard. It's soaked in sexuality, but anyone looking
> for erotica would be disappointed. It doesn't have any dogs that are
> morally superior to humans, or any dogs at all. There are lies, but
> only one is malicious. It deals with family relationships, but there are
> only two generations involved. It subtly hints at magical realism, but
> it isn't that either. There are no Holocaust survivors, and while the
> extant political realities are crucial to the tale, there's no political
> intrigue. Food and drink play roles, but there are no recipes. It has
> no recommendations for self-improvement or organizing one's life.
> It is neither utopian, nor negative utopian. It's a romance where no
> one is ravished, and everyone values consent, and while there's a
> self-described queen, there are no actual royalty or dukes, and no
> cowboys or Scotsmen. There are no spies or terrorists, and no
> explosions or horrific catastrophes. There is no war or social
> upheavels, and no racial conflicts.
>
> If you *do* read it, that will make me happy, as it gives life to my
> *Velveteen Rabbit*, but I'm not holding my breath.

Now you've really got me intrigued, so yes, I shall most certainly read it!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan Simmons wrote:

> Pamela wrote:
> > How did those two ever meet up? Maybe it was some treatment progromme each
> > had been referred to.

> Summer school after 9th-10th grade. We were both heavy pot smokers, and got
> high every day during the break.

This is good. Funniest post of the day for me! :-D
Sounds just like Beavis and Butthead.

Bryan: Hey John, let's go smoke some weed. huh huh huh
John: Sure Bryan, this is gonna be cool. meheheheh

Was there a guy, "Mike Judge," in your class that summer?
You two might have given him the idea for a future cartoon
series.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 5:05:18 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> Bryan Simmons wrote:
> >
> > Pamela wrote:
> > > How did those two ever meet up? Maybe it was some treatment progromme each
> > > had been referred to.

> > Summer school after 9th-10th grade. We were both heavy pot smokers, and got
> > high every day during the break.

> This is good. Funniest post of the day for me! :-D
> Sounds just like Beavis and Butthead.
>
> Bryan: Hey John, let's go smoke some weed. huh huh huh
> John: Sure Bryan, this is gonna be cool. meheheheh
>
> Was there a guy, "Mike Judge," in your class that summer?
> You two might have given him the idea for a future cartoon
> series.

Smoking weed was normal. In 1976, on an average morning
at our high school, literally hundreds of students would gather
to smoke pot before 1st hour, and I can assure you that you,
Gary, have a lot more in common with Beavis and Butthead
(which I've never actually watched) than do I.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 03:25:04 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> wrote:

>On Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 5:05:18 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
>> Bryan Simmons wrote:
>> >
>> > Summer school after 9th-10th grade. We were both heavy pot smokers, and got
>> > high every day during the break.

>> This is good. Funniest post of the day for me! :-D
>> Sounds just like Beavis and Butthead.
>>
>> Bryan: Hey John, let's go smoke some weed. huh huh huh
>> John: Sure Bryan, this is gonna be cool. meheheheh
>>
>> Was there a guy, "Mike Judge," in your class that summer?
>> You two might have given him the idea for a future cartoon
>> series.

>Smoking weed was normal. In 1976, on an average morning
>at our high school, literally hundreds of students would gather
>to smoke pot before 1st hour, and I can assure you that you,
>Gary, have a lot more in common with Beavis and Butthead
>(which I've never actually watched) than do I.

I've always said that Gary's the missing link between Beavis and
Butthead.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> You said that if you'd killed Hitler, something worse might have
> happened later. Then you give an example that involves Hitler.

My point is - Don't ever say, "It couldn't get worse"
No matter the situation, it could always be much worse.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 06:47:17 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>>
>> You said that if you'd killed Hitler, something worse might have
>> happened later. Then you give an example that involves Hitler.

>My point is - Don't ever say, "It couldn't get worse"
>No matter the situation, it could always be much worse.

Maybe, but so far the Holocaust is the single biggest atrocity in the
history of the western world.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 06:47:17 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
> >Bruce wrote:
> >>
> >> You said that if you'd killed Hitler, something worse might have
> >> happened later. Then you give an example that involves Hitler.

> >My point is - Don't ever say, "It couldn't get worse"
> >No matter the situation, it could always be much worse.

> Maybe, but so far the Holocaust is the single biggest atrocity in the
> history of the western world.

Question right back at you - would you kill baby Adolf?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 19:19 17 Oct 2020, Bryan Simmons said:

> On Saturday, October 17, 2020 at 12:33:02 PM UTC-5, Pamela wrote:
>> On 22:06 16 Oct 2020, Jeßus said:

>> > In the making? He's been like this for years.

>> > To an extent, yes.
>> >
>> > All jokes aside, this guy is really not well upstairs. In a way that
>> > IMO that makes him potentially dangerous. Guys with mouths like his
>> > are almost always cowards in real life, but what if he found himself
>> > in a scenario where he felt absolutely safe killing somebody he
>> > didn't like?

>> > I wouldn't tolerate him living anywhere near my family.

> You are a really stupid ****. The only person I said I'd kill was baby
> Hitler. Wishing is not the same as acting. If I were dangerous, I
> don't think I'd have made it to less than 3 weeks from being 60 without
> a criminal record. Really stupid ****.

AGGRESSIVE

>> > John's a loon, but Bryan is seriously, seriously messed up. I'm
>> > wondering how these two managed to find each other, given their
>> > pathology... did the mental illness come before or after their
>> > meeting each other?

>> How did those two ever meet up? Maybe it was some treatment progromme
>> each had been referred to.

> Summer school after 9th-10th grade. We were both heavy pot smokers, and
> got high every day during the break.

PASSIVE

Yup, your passive-aggressive style illustrated nicely. Or in this case,
aggressive-passive.

Move along now or do you want to give another example and prove my point.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11:05 18 Oct 2020, Gary said:

> Bryan Simmons wrote:
>>
>> Pamela wrote:
>> > How did those two ever meet up? Maybe it was some treatment progromme
>> > each had been referred to.

>> Summer school after 9th-10th grade. We were both heavy pot smokers,
>> and got high every day during the break.

> This is good. Funniest post of the day for me! :-D
> Sounds just like Beavis and Butthead.
>
> Bryan: Hey John, let's go smoke some weed. huh huh huh
> John: Sure Bryan, this is gonna be cool. meheheheh

What a pair of dorks. One grew up to claim all the wacky things he ever
did in his life were perfectly normal and that's he's turned out
well-balanced.

> Was there a guy, "Mike Judge," in your class that summer?
> You two might have given him the idea for a future cartoon
> series.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 07:15:53 -0400, Gary wrote:

>> Maybe, but so far the Holocaust is the single biggest atrocity in the
>> history of the western world.

> Question right back at you - would you kill baby Adolf?

A complete genocide (Beothuk) is arguably worse if you ignore body counts.

About 3 times as much people died in the killing fields of Cambodia.

Stalin starved more people in east Europe than Hitler ever dreamed of.

In Africa during the 1990s, Tutsi & Hutu didn't even bother to round
people up; they just slaughtered women & children where they were found
by the thousands.

I say that the 'worst atrocity in history' are the ongoing ones. Almost
every native group in the world & especially in the Americas has been
robbed, displaced, threatened & marginalized in an ongoing systematic
fashion. The worst ongoing atrocities are against the Uyghurs in China.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-10-18 10:07 a.m., Mike Duffy wrote:

> In Africa during the 1990s, Tutsi & Hutu didn't even bother to round
> people up; they just slaughtered women & children where they were found
> by the thousands.
>
> I say that the 'worst atrocity in history' are the ongoing ones. Almost
> every native group in the world & especially in the Americas has been
> robbed, displaced, threatened & marginalized in an ongoing systematic
> fashion. The worst ongoing atrocities are against the Uyghurs in China.

What has happened with the indigenous people of the Americas is no worse
than they had been doing to each other for thousands of years. Native
territorial boundaries were fluid because they held those lands only as
long as they could keep their neighbors off it.

The Mohawk Confederacy started in the NY state area and expanded. They
made a move against the Huron in Ontario and Quebec. The native people
of the Niagara area were named the Neutrals because they were not
aligned with either the Mohawk or the Huron and ended up being wiped out
in the conflict between the other two. There is a reason there are 150
different native languages in North America. They didn't all get along
together, and some were especially aggressive. The west coast tribes
frequently raided their neighbours, killing and enslaving the people.

Things were no different to the south. The Aztec had built a fairly
prosperous little empire on the backs of slave labour provided by their
neighbours. They are well known for their human sacrifices, but they
were not sacrificing their own people. The neighbouring "nations" were
forced to pay tribute to the Aztec, much of it being the young people
who were being slaughtered to appease their silly gods. When the Spanish
confronted the Aztec they had an army of native people, all wanted a
shot and overthrowing their oppressors.

Even further south there were wars in the Andes as the Incas expanded
their empire. The rest of South America saw its share of fighting
between native groups.

The British Isles saw wave after wave of invaders, the Picts, Celts,
Romans, Vikings, Danes, Anglo Saxons and Normans. The Huns had swept
across Asia. The MUslims swept across North Africa and parts of Europe.
Africa has dozens of different cultures. The Zulus were one of the most
organized and they had a vast buffer zone around their territory where
no intruders were tolerated.

Let's not pretend that the domination and colonization of America is
something unique to white Europeans.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020 Oct 17, , dsi1 wrote
(in >):

> On Saturday, October 17, 2020 at 12:28:00 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> > On Sat, 17 Oct 2020 03:25:13 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> > >
> > > What would Capt. Kirk do?

> > I don't know who that is.

> Consider yourself lucky. I wish I was you.

Oh, BS! Gene Roddenberry inspired generations of geeks into becoming the
scientists and engineers who supply us with the geegaws we walk around
looking at, instead of where were going, all day along with many other
scientific/mechanical advances. We still havent come up with the
Transporter yet, but electrons have. If one of you invents a time machine,
dont kill Roddenberry!
Chester Gould inspired the watch I wear, but my watch is better than he
imagined.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan Simmons wrote:

> Smoking weed was normal. In 1976, on an average morning
> at our high school, literally hundreds of students would gather
> to smoke pot before 1st hour,

Yet most of them didn't have to attend summer school.

> and I can assure you that you,
> Gary, have a lot more in common with Beavis and Butthead
> (which I've never actually watched) than do I.

And how would you know, since you never watched?

You're right though. Butthead was a friendly person.
You are more like Satan. Not the same at all.
John would make a good Beavis though.