Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Default 11 October 2020 Sunday Supper

Happy Sunday, Comrades!

A very simple meal on offer this lovely autumn eve:

- pork steak

- Bruxelles sprouts

- baked tater

Und du...???

Today is the birthday of that famous American Eleanor Roosevelt (1884-1962)

My fave Eleanor quotes:

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.€

€œYou gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do.€

€œYou can often change your circumstances by changing your attitude€

:-D

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 11, 2020 at 6:16:01 PM UTC-4, GM wrote:
> Happy Sunday, Comrades!
>
> A very simple meal on offer this lovely autumn eve:
>
> - pork steak
>
> - Bruxelles sprouts
>
> - baked tater
>
> Und du...???

Grilled chicken with a relish made from diced fresh tomatoes, raw garlic (half a clove, smashed),
chopped kalamata olives, capers, and a little EVOO. It had too much kalamata and not enough
capers, but I was winging it. It might have benefited from something hot, but nothing in the
fridged looked quite right.

Preceded by a salad dressed with lemon juice, raw garlic (half a close, smashed), and EVOO.

Cindy Hamilton