Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Winner Winner...

.....Fried chicken dinner.

https://i.postimg.cc/nrqjW3wL/Fried-Chicken-Legs.jpg

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, August 16, 2020 at 7:03:24 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:

> ....Fried chicken dinner.
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/nrqjW3wL/Fried-Chicken-Legs.jpg
>
> -sw

Dang, those chicken legs do look good! Skillet, deep fryer, air fryer, or
oven?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 16 Aug 2020 18:50:28 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Sunday, August 16, 2020 at 7:03:24 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>> ....Fried chicken dinner.
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/nrqjW3wL/Fried-Chicken-Legs.jpg
>>
>> -sw
>>

>Dang, those chicken legs do look good! Skillet, deep fryer, air fryer, or
>oven?

I bet there's low-quality factory chicken under that brown crust.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> On Sunday, August 16, 2020 at 7:03:24 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>> ....Fried chicken dinner.

https://i.postimg.cc/nrqjW3wL/Fried-Chicken-Legs.jpg

>> -sw
>>

> Dang, those chicken legs do look good! Skillet, deep fryer, air fryer, or
> oven?

Brined in salted seasoned buttermilk 5 hours, coated, fried in
skillet.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/16/2020 8:03 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> ....Fried chicken dinner.
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/nrqjW3wL/Fried-Chicken-Legs.jpg
>
> -sw

YUM! I'll take one of those drumsticks.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> ....Fried chicken dinner.
> https://i.postimg.cc/nrqjW3wL/Fried-Chicken-Legs.jpg

Pan fried (like you did) makes the best home cooked
chicken, by far. Looks very nice.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> ....Fried chicken dinner.
> https://i.postimg.cc/nrqjW3wL/Fried-Chicken-Legs.jpg

What? No waffles?

Aug 4 - Surf and Turf
Aug 15 - Steak and Eggs
Aug 16 - NOT Chicken and Waffles
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> On Sun, 16 Aug 2020 18:50:28 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> >On Sunday, August 16, 2020 at 7:03:24 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
> >>
> >> ....Fried chicken dinner.
> >>
> >> https://i.postimg.cc/nrqjW3wL/Fried-Chicken-Legs.jpg
> >>
> >> -sw
> >>

> >Dang, those chicken legs do look good! Skillet, deep fryer, air fryer, or
> >oven?

> I bet there's low-quality factory chicken under that brown crust.

Would you feel better if that was happily raised
farm chickens? Have you counted your chickens today?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Aug 2020 08:12:52 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 16 Aug 2020 18:50:28 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:

>> >Dang, those chicken legs do look good! Skillet, deep fryer, air fryer, or
>> >oven?

>> I bet there's low-quality factory chicken under that brown crust.

>Would you feel better if that was happily raised
>farm chickens?

Of course. Not good, but less bad.

>Have you counted your chickens today?

Every day. We don't want to close the door while there's still one
out.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Aug 2020 08:12:05 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Sqwertz wrote:
>> ....Fried chicken dinner.
>> https://i.postimg.cc/nrqjW3wL/Fried-Chicken-Legs.jpg

>Pan fried (like you did) makes the best home cooked
>chicken, by far. Looks very nice.

I don't like breaded chicken, the breading prevents the skin from
cooking, it's always practically raw skin... Kentucky Fried is
disgusting... the one time I tried to eat that crap I needed to peel
the breaded skin off to make it somewhat edible. Roast chicken with
crisp skin is far more enjoyable. Actually I don't like any breaded
food, restaurants bread food to fool patrons into thinking they are
getting larger portions... breaded shrimp (any breaded seafood) is a
big rip off. I also despise breaded pork chops, and to add insult to
injury they are smothered with cheapo canned soup... breading and
canned soup hides all the fat. I like plain/naked fried chops, and I
pare away the excessive fat before seasoning/frying. To me breading
is tantamont to pie crust, worthless calories to hide the fact that
there's much less filling. I don't like meat pies either... I much
prefer stewed chicken/beef with gravy sans crust... much better over
egg noodles.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon Martin wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Aug 2020 08:12:05 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
> >Sqwertz wrote:
> >> ....Fried chicken dinner.
> >> https://i.postimg.cc/nrqjW3wL/Fried-Chicken-Legs.jpg

> >Pan fried (like you did) makes the best home cooked
> >chicken, by far. Looks very nice.

> I don't like breaded chicken, the breading prevents the skin from
> cooking, it's always practically raw skin... Kentucky Fried is
> disgusting... the one time I tried to eat that crap I needed to peel
> the breaded skin off to make it somewhat edible. Roast chicken with
> crisp skin is far more enjoyable. Actually I don't like any breaded
> food, restaurants bread food to fool patrons into thinking they are
> getting larger portions... breaded shrimp (any breaded seafood) is a
> big rip off. I also despise breaded pork chops, and to add insult to
> injury they are smothered with cheapo canned soup... breading and
> canned soup hides all the fat. I like plain/naked fried chops, and I
> pare away the excessive fat before seasoning/frying. To me breading
> is tantamont to pie crust, worthless calories to hide the fact that
> there's much less filling. I don't like meat pies either... I much
> prefer stewed chicken/beef with gravy sans crust... much better over
> egg noodles.

Not just you but many others here do have a lot of food issues
that disgust them. So much for a cooking group that just likes
food. Many people complain and bitch about what others eat.

I like almost everything so I consider myself lucky.

The nit picky comments here are so silly.
Every single thing you just bitched about upstairs is all good
food to me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, August 17, 2020 at 5:53:13 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> Sheldon Martin wrote:

> > >Pan fried (like you did) makes the best home cooked
> > >chicken, by far. Looks very nice.

> > I don't like breaded chicken, the breading prevents the skin from
> > cooking, it's always practically raw skin... Kentucky Fried is
> > disgusting... the one time I tried to eat that crap I needed to peel
> > the breaded skin off to make it somewhat edible. Roast chicken with
> > crisp skin is far more enjoyable. Actually I don't like any breaded
> > food, restaurants bread food to fool patrons into thinking they are
> > getting larger portions... breaded shrimp (any breaded seafood) is a
> > big rip off. I also despise breaded pork chops, and to add insult to
> > injury they are smothered with cheapo canned soup... breading and
> > canned soup hides all the fat. I like plain/naked fried chops, and I
> > pare away the excessive fat before seasoning/frying. To me breading
> > is tantamont to pie crust, worthless calories to hide the fact that
> > there's much less filling. I don't like meat pies either... I much
> > prefer stewed chicken/beef with gravy sans crust... much better over
> > egg noodles.

> Not just you but many others here do have a lot of food issues
> that disgust them. So much for a cooking group that just likes
> food. Many people complain and bitch about what others eat.
>
> I like almost everything so I consider myself lucky.
>
> The nit picky comments here are so silly.
> Every single thing you just bitched about upstairs is all good
> food to me.

Sometimes, being a bitch is the only thing a guy can hang on to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEc3zgfSdvo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Aug 2020 11:53:02 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Sheldon Martin wrote:

>> >Pan fried (like you did) makes the best home cooked
>> >chicken, by far. Looks very nice.

>> I don't like breaded chicken, the breading prevents the skin from
>> cooking, it's always practically raw skin... Kentucky Fried is
>> disgusting... the one time I tried to eat that crap I needed to peel
>> the breaded skin off to make it somewhat edible. Roast chicken with
>> crisp skin is far more enjoyable. Actually I don't like any breaded
>> food, restaurants bread food to fool patrons into thinking they are
>> getting larger portions... breaded shrimp (any breaded seafood) is a
>> big rip off. I also despise breaded pork chops, and to add insult to
>> injury they are smothered with cheapo canned soup... breading and
>> canned soup hides all the fat. I like plain/naked fried chops, and I
>> pare away the excessive fat before seasoning/frying. To me breading
>> is tantamont to pie crust, worthless calories to hide the fact that
>> there's much less filling. I don't like meat pies either... I much
>> prefer stewed chicken/beef with gravy sans crust... much better over
>> egg noodles.

>Not just you but many others here do have a lot of food issues
>that disgust them. So much for a cooking group that just likes
>food. Many people complain and bitch about what others eat.
>
>I like almost everything so I consider myself lucky.
>
>The nit picky comments here are so silly.
>Every single thing you just bitched about upstairs is all good
>food to me.

You'd eat any crap so long as someone else cooked it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, August 17, 2020 at 6:01:41 AM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:

> On 8/16/2020 8:03 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>
> > ....Fried chicken dinner.
> >
> > https://i.postimg.cc/nrqjW3wL/Fried-Chicken-Legs.jpg
> >
> > -sw
> >

> YUM! I'll take one of those drumsticks.
>
> Jill

Me first! I made the first comment on this thread so I get dibs for
the first leg.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Aug 2020 11:03:21 -0400, Sheldon Martin wrote:

> I don't like breaded chicken, the breading prevents the skin from
> cooking, it's always practically raw skin...

Of course. It makes total sense that the outside would get crispy
and the heat would magically pass through the skin without cooking
it, allowing the meat on the inside to miraculously cook to
doneness while leaving the skin raw.

It's MAGIC SKIN!

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> ....Fried chicken dinner.
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/nrqjW3wL/Fried-Chicken-Legs.jpg
>
> -sw

Where's the hot souce?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Aug 2020 19:38:22 -0400, Alex wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:
>> ....Fried chicken dinner.
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/nrqjW3wL/Fried-Chicken-Legs.jpg
>>
>> -sw

> Where's the hot souce?

I thought about doing Nashville hot, but the only hot sauce I have
right now is VERY VERY hot.

https://countrystore.tabasco.com/pro...scorpion-sauce

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/17/2020 4:38 PM, Alex wrote:
> Sqwertz wrote:
>> ....Fried chicken dinner.
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/nrqjW3wL/Fried-Chicken-Legs.jpg
>>
>> -sw

> Where's the hot souce?

In the packets he swiped from the high end restaurants.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Aug 2020 17:10:22 -0700, Taxed and Spent wrote:

> On 8/17/2020 4:38 PM, Alex wrote:
>> Sqwertz wrote:
>>> ....Fried chicken dinner.
>>>
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/nrqjW3wL/Fried-Chicken-Legs.jpg

>> Where's the hot souce?

> In the packets he swiped from the high end restaurants.

FWIW, the best high-end <cough> restaurant for swiping packets is
Chick-Fil-A. They have a great assortment out for the taking,
including Texas Pete and Tabasco.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, August 16, 2020 at 7:03:24 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
> ....Fried chicken dinner.
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/nrqjW3wL/Fried-Chicken-Legs.jpg
>
> -sw

My my, looks simply DELICIOUS!

I've never been able to fry chicken worth a cuss nor would I now as a vegetarian, however if offered I would certainly eat! Because it would be rude to refuse a gift offered.

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
> On Sunday, August 16, 2020 at 7:03:24 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
>> ....Fried chicken dinner.
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/nrqjW3wL/Fried-Chicken-Legs.jpg
>>
>> -sw

> My my, looks simply DELICIOUS!
>
> I've never been able to fry chicken worth a cuss nor would I now as a vegetarian, however if offered I would certainly eat! Because it would be rude to refuse a gift offered.
>
> John Kuthe...

Here's a platter of dog shit as a gift.

CHOW DOWN!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Aug 2020 19:38:22 -0400, Alex wrote:
>
> > Sqwertz wrote:
> >> ....Fried chicken dinner.
> >>
> >> https://i.postimg.cc/nrqjW3wL/Fried-Chicken-Legs.jpg
> >>
> >> -sw

> > Where's the hot souce?

> I thought about doing Nashville hot, but the only hot sauce I have
> right now is VERY VERY hot.
>
> https://countrystore.tabasco.com/pro...scorpion-sauce

Have you ever tried "Patak's Vindaloo Sauce?"
Comes in a little 2-3oz can. Too hot for me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Aug 2020 17:10:22 -0700, Taxed and Spent wrote:

> >> Where's the hot souce?

> > In the packets he swiped from the high end restaurants.

> FWIW, the best high-end <cough> restaurant for swiping packets is
> Chick-Fil-A. They have a great assortment out for the taking,
> including Texas Pete and Tabasco.

I have many of the McD salt packs. I always grab a handful.
I only use them at home for fries though.
Can also buy that in the grocery as "popcorn salt"

Also I have many packs of sweet and sour sauce swiped from
7-11. I love that brand but haven't seen it in a store yet.
It's Minh brand.

I like it for egg rolls or spring rolls (not from 7-11)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:

> On Sunday, August 16, 2020 at 7:03:24 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
> > ....Fried chicken dinner.
> >
> > https://i.postimg.cc/nrqjW3wL/Fried-Chicken-Legs.jpg
> >
> > -sw

> My my, looks simply DELICIOUS!
>
> I've never been able to fry chicken worth a cuss nor would I now as a vegetarian, however if offered I would certainly eat! Because it would be rude to refuse a gift offered.

Just a matter of time, John, and you'll be grilling ribs and
chicken again. And loving every bite. You miss it, don't you?

Don't worry about the animals. They're already dead whether or
not you eat them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 18 Aug 2020 06:50:36 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Sqwertz wrote:

>> > Where's the hot souce?

>> I thought about doing Nashville hot, but the only hot sauce I have
>> right now is VERY VERY hot.
>>
>> https://countrystore.tabasco.com/pro...scorpion-sauce

>Have you ever tried "Patak's Vindaloo Sauce?"
>Comes in a little 2-3oz can. Too hot for me.

Doesn't it depend how much food you add it to? A cup or a pot would
make a big difference.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 18 Aug 2020 06:53:37 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>John Kuthe wrote:
>>
>> On Sunday, August 16, 2020 at 7:03:24 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
>> > ....Fried chicken dinner.
>> >
>> > https://i.postimg.cc/nrqjW3wL/Fried-Chicken-Legs.jpg
>> >
>> > -sw

>> My my, looks simply DELICIOUS!
>>
>> I've never been able to fry chicken worth a cuss nor would I now as a vegetarian, however if offered I would certainly eat! Because it would be rude to refuse a gift offered.

>Just a matter of time, John, and you'll be grilling ribs and
>chicken again. And loving every bite. You miss it, don't you?
>
>Don't worry about the animals. They're already dead whether or
>not you eat them.

The growing number of non meat eaters means less animals killed,
sanctuary much.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Aug 2020 Taxed and Spent wrote:
>On 8/17/2020 Alex wrote:
>> Sqwertz wrote:
>>> ....Fried chicken dinner.
>>>
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/nrqjW3wL/Fried-Chicken-Legs.jpg
>>>
>>> -sw

>> Where's the hot souce?

>In the packets he swiped from the high end restaurants.

I've never seen hot sauce in packets.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Aug 2020 21:54:26 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Mon, 17 Aug 2020 17:10:22 -0700, Taxed and Spent wrote:

>>> Where's the hot souce?

>> In the packets he swiped from the high end restaurants.

>FWIW, the best high-end <cough> restaurant for swiping packets is
>Chick-Fil-A. They have a great assortment out for the taking,
>including Texas Pete and Tabasco.
>
>-sw

I've never been to a Chick-Fil-A, I haven't seen any around here.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-08-18 10:51 a.m., Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Aug 2020 Taxed and Spent wrote:

>>> Where's the hot souce?

>> In the packets he swiped from the high end restaurants.

> I've never seen hot sauce in packets.

I have. The only meal I have had at McDonalds in the last 20 years was a
breakfast burrito and it came with a package of hot sauce.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 18 Aug 2020 11:09:12 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2020-08-18 10:51 a.m., Sheldon Martin wrote:

>>> In the packets he swiped from the high end restaurants.

>> I've never seen hot sauce in packets.
>>

>I have. The only meal I have had at McDonalds in the last 20 years was a
>breakfast burrito and it came with a package of hot sauce.

I haven't been to McDs for at least 40 years.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/18/2020 10:51 AM, Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Aug 2020 Taxed and Spent wrote:

>>> Where's the hot souce?

>> In the packets he swiped from the high end restaurants.

> I've never seen hot sauce in packets.

Amazon has a few brands. Texas Pete, Cholula,Franks, and others.
https://www.amazon.com/Franks-RedHot...grocery&sr=1-5
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 18 Aug 2020 11:29:23 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 8/18/2020 10:51 AM, Sheldon Martin wrote:

>>> In the packets he swiped from the high end restaurants.

>> I've never seen hot sauce in packets.
>>

>Amazon has a few brands. Texas Pete, Cholula,Franks, and others.
>https://www.amazon.com/Franks-RedHot...grocery&sr=1-5

Probably I don't see them because I'm not into hot sauce anymore, I
gave it up years ago, ever since the hemmeroid problems. My wife
still likes hot food but she's well satisfied with a few hot pepper
flakes like is used on pizza.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Aug 2020 Taxed and Spent wrote:

>>> Where's the hot souce?

>> In the packets he swiped from the high end restaurants.

> I've never seen hot sauce in packets.

I bet yoose never saw chickenshit in a barnyard either Popeye.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 8/18/2020 10:51 AM, Sheldon Martin wrote:

>>> In the packets he swiped from the high end restaurants.

>> I've never seen hot sauce in packets.
>>

> Amazon has a few brands.* Texas Pete, Cholula,Franks, and others.
> https://www.amazon.com/Franks-RedHot...grocery&sr=1-5

Popeye will say he's never looked at amazon.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, August 18, 2020 at 9:51:15 AM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Aug 2020 Taxed and Spent wrote:
>
> >On 8/17/2020 Alex wrote:
> >>
> >> Where's the hot souce?

> >In the packets he swiped from the high end restaurants.

> I've never seen hot sauce in packets.

Come South.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, August 18, 2020 at 10:00:10 AM UTC-10, wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 18, 2020 at 9:51:15 AM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> > >In the packets he swiped from the high end restaurants.

> > I've never seen hot sauce in packets.
> >

> Come South.

I went to Florida once. Is that The South? It was a very surreal experience.. The people there would just stare at me. Near as I can tell, there are no Asians in Florida. My son's girlfriend's kinfolk is from The South. They'd probably lynch him if he ever went up there to meet ma and pa in their little hamlet.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, August 18, 2020 at 3:36:16 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

> I went to Florida once. Is that The South?

Yes, indeedy.