Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Sunday supper

We had started eating before I thought 'photo'

https://postimg.cc/2Vk3fcRH

We had two each, yummy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lucretia Borgia wrote :
> We had started eating before I thought 'photo'
>
> https://postimg.cc/2Vk3fcRH
>
> We had two each, yummy.

What's worse than lobsters on your piano?

Crabs on your organ.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, August 3, 2020 at 9:03:36 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

> Lucretia Borgia wrote :
>
> > We had started eating before I thought 'photo'
> >
> > https://postimg.cc/2Vk3fcRH
> >
> > We had two each, yummy.
> >

> What's worse than lobsters on your piano?
>
> Crabs on your organ.

G R O A N
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, August 3, 2020 at 8:55:33 AM UTC-5, Lucretia Borgia wrote:

> We had started eating before I thought 'photo'
>
> https://postimg.cc/2Vk3fcRH
>
> We had two each, yummy.

My neighbor prepared chicken with crushed olives, parsley, turmeric,
and olive oil baked in the oven. It was a recipe she got off the
internet and it was excellent. She also threw some cubed potatoes
on the pan to roast along with the bird and the couscous cooked
separately. The couscous had a bit of shallot, lemon juice, lemon
zest, and parsley.

ALL was dee-lish!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 03 Aug 2020 10:55:27 -0300, Lucretia Borgia wrote:

> We had started eating before I thought 'photo'
>
> https://postimg.cc/2Vk3fcRH
>
> We had two each, yummy.

Why is my plate empty?!?!?

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 3 Aug 2020 09:07:43 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Monday, August 3, 2020 at 8:55:33 AM UTC-5, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
>>
>> We had started eating before I thought 'photo'
>>
>> https://postimg.cc/2Vk3fcRH
>>
>> We had two each, yummy.
>>

>My neighbor prepared chicken with crushed olives, parsley, turmeric,
>and olive oil baked in the oven. It was a recipe she got off the
>internet and it was excellent. She also threw some cubed potatoes
>on the pan to roast along with the bird and the couscous cooked
>separately. The couscous had a bit of shallot, lemon juice, lemon
>zest, and parsley.
>
>ALL was dee-lish!

that chicken doesn't sound too bad. Are you sure there wasn't any
lemon in there somewhere? It feels to me like there should be.
Can you get the recipe from her? I'm always looking for different
chicken recipes.
Thx
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 3 Aug 2020 13:10:54 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Mon, 03 Aug 2020 10:55:27 -0300, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
>
>> We had started eating before I thought 'photo'
>>
>> https://postimg.cc/2Vk3fcRH
>>
>> We had two each, yummy.

>Why is my plate empty?!?!?
>
>-sw

Too far for me to walk
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 03 Aug 2020 16:02:21 -0300, Lucretia Borgia wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Aug 2020 13:10:54 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 03 Aug 2020 10:55:27 -0300, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
>>
>>> We had started eating before I thought 'photo'
>>>
>>> https://postimg.cc/2Vk3fcRH
>>>
>>> We had two each, yummy.

>>Why is my plate empty?!?!?

> Too far for me to walk

It's sitting right in front of me at the table in your picture - no
walking required!

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lucretia Borgia wrote :
> We had started eating before I thought 'photo'
>
> https://postimg.cc/2Vk3fcRH
>
> We had two each, yummy.

Corndogs and french fries, here. By myself. It was bit late, too. You know, after I got back from running around the track. The heat from the oven was kind of bothersome because it's summer. But I don't like dinner salads where you have to over-pepper everything. Oh, well.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, August 3, 2020 at 1:36:47 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Aug 2020 09:07:43 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> >My neighbor prepared chicken with crushed olives, parsley, turmeric,
> >and olive oil baked in the oven. It was a recipe she got off the
> >internet and it was excellent. She also threw some cubed potatoes
> >on the pan to roast along with the bird and the couscous cooked
> >separately. The couscous had a bit of shallot, lemon juice, lemon
> >zest, and parsley.
> >
> >ALL was dee-lish!

> that chicken doesn't sound too bad. Are you sure there wasn't any
> lemon in there somewhere? It feels to me like there should be.
> Can you get the recipe from her? I'm always looking for different
> chicken recipes.
> Thx
> Janet US

You know, there probably was lemon in the recipe and I was trying to
remember what all she said she used. It truly was lip-smacking and she
said she had gotten it from the internet and it had 6,000 (yes 6 thousand) reviews. I'll see if I can't locate it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, August 3, 2020 at 4:46:08 PM UTC-5, wrote:

> Corndogs and french fries, here.

Corndogs sound good to me; mustard, please.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, August 3, 2020 at 2:55:02 PM UTC-7, wrote:
> On Monday, August 3, 2020 at 1:36:47 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 3 Aug 2020 09:07:43 -0700 (PDT), "
> > > wrote:
> >
> > >My neighbor prepared chicken with crushed olives, parsley, turmeric,
> > >and olive oil baked in the oven. It was a recipe she got off the
> > >internet and it was excellent. She also threw some cubed potatoes
> > >on the pan to roast along with the bird and the couscous cooked
> > >separately. The couscous had a bit of shallot, lemon juice, lemon
> > >zest, and parsley.
> > >
> > >ALL was dee-lish!

> > that chicken doesn't sound too bad. Are you sure there wasn't any
> > lemon in there somewhere? It feels to me like there should be.
> > Can you get the recipe from her? I'm always looking for different
> > chicken recipes.
> > Thx
> > Janet US
> >

> You know, there probably was lemon in the recipe and I was trying to
> remember what all she said she used. It truly was lip-smacking and she
> said she had gotten it from the internet and it had 6,000 (yes 6 thousand) reviews. I'll see if I can't locate it.

I think this might be what you are looking for... courtesy of the New York Times...
ngredients

3 ½ pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken parts
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
6 tablespoons olive oil
Kosher salt and black pepper
½ cup white wine vinegar
1 ½ cups green Castelvetrano olives, crushed and pitted
2 garlic cloves, finely grated
1 cup parsley, tender leaves and stems, chopped

Preparation

Heat oven to 450 degrees. Place chicken on a rimmed baking sheet and toss with turmeric and 2 tablespoons olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Make sure chicken is skin-side up, then pour vinegar over and around chicken and place in the oven.
Bake chicken, without flipping, until cooked through and deeply browned all over, 25 to 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine olives, garlic, parsley, the remaining 4 tablespoons olive oil and 2 tablespoons water in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper.
Once chicken is cooked, remove baking sheet from the oven and transfer chicken to a large serving platter, leaving behind any of the juices and bits stuck to the pan.
Make sure the baking sheet is on a sturdy surface (the stovetop, a counter), then pour the olive mixture onto the sheet. Using a spatula or wooden spoon, gently scrape up all the bits the chicken left behind, letting the olive mixture mingle with the rendered fat and get increasingly saucy. Pour olive mixture over the chicken, then serve.

Regards
Tania
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, August 3, 2020 at 7:57:23 PM UTC-5, Tania Hoffman wrote:

> I think this might be what you are looking for... courtesy of the New York Times...
> ngredients
>
> 3 ½ pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken parts
> 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
> 6 tablespoons olive oil
> Kosher salt and black pepper
> ½ cup white wine vinegar
> 1 ½ cups green Castelvetrano olives, crushed and pitted
> 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
> 1 cup parsley, tender leaves and stems, chopped
>
> Preparation
>
> Heat oven to 450 degrees. Place chicken on a rimmed baking sheet and toss with turmeric and 2 tablespoons olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Make sure chicken is skin-side up, then pour vinegar over and around chicken and place in the oven.
> Bake chicken, without flipping, until cooked through and deeply browned all over, 25 to 30 minutes.
> Meanwhile, combine olives, garlic, parsley, the remaining 4 tablespoons olive oil and 2 tablespoons water in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper.
> Once chicken is cooked, remove baking sheet from the oven and transfer chicken to a large serving platter, leaving behind any of the juices and bits stuck to the pan.
> Make sure the baking sheet is on a sturdy surface (the stovetop, a counter), then pour the olive mixture onto the sheet. Using a spatula or wooden spoon, gently scrape up all the bits the chicken left behind, letting the olive mixture mingle with the rendered fat and get increasingly saucy. Pour olive mixture over the chicken, then serve.
>
> Regards
> Tania

Thank you and I do believe that is the recipe. I saw it appear on my
screen but the NYT wanted to me to join their site to view the recipe
or continue with Facebook, Google, or something else I can't remember.

Nope, not gonna do that just to look at a recipe. But she just used
bone-in split chicken breasts.