Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Short Ribs

I have often said that my wife is the Braising Queen and she gets
special praise for the short ribs she made for supper last night. He had
started on them the night before, cooled them and stuck them in the
fridge overnight. She put them in the oven around noon yesterday and
gave them close to 6 hours at 300F. They were fall off the bone and
melt in your mouth tender and the flavour was amazing. She regretted
that she had forgotten to get mushrooms to add to them, but they were
not missed.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/19/19 9:36 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> I have often said that my wife is the Braising Queen and she gets
> special praise for the short ribs she made for supper last night. He had
> started on them the night before, cooled them and stuck them in the
> fridge overnight.Â* She put them in the oven around noonÂ* yesterdayÂ* and
> gave them close to 6 hours at 300F.Â* They were fall off the bone and
> melt in your mouth tender and the flavour was amazing.Â* She regretted
> that she had forgotten to get mushrooms to add to them, but they were
> not missed.

Glad they were good but 6 hours @ 300F seems way too long. The meat
should not fall off the bone but should release rather easily from the
bone IMO. Pass the horseradish.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Dec 2019 11:36:29 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>I have often said that my wife is the Braising Queen and she gets
>special praise for the short ribs she made for supper last night. He had
>started on them the night before, cooled them and stuck them in the
>fridge overnight. She put them in the oven around noon yesterday and
>gave them close to 6 hours at 300F. They were fall off the bone and
>melt in your mouth tender and the flavour was amazing. She regretted
>that she had forgotten to get mushrooms to add to them, but they were
>not missed.

I dont know about you but I have always preferred long ribs. There is
just more meat on the longer ones.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Dec 2019 11:25:34 -0700, jay > wrote:

>On 12/19/19 9:36 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> I have often said that my wife is the Braising Queen and she gets
>> special praise for the short ribs she made for supper last night. He had
>> started on them the night before, cooled them and stuck them in the
>> fridge overnight.* She put them in the oven around noon* yesterday* and
>> gave them close to 6 hours at 300F.* They were fall off the bone and
>> melt in your mouth tender and the flavour was amazing.* She regretted
>> that she had forgotten to get mushrooms to add to them, but they were
>> not missed.
>>

>Glad they were good but 6 hours @ 300F seems way too long. The meat
>should not fall off the bone but should release rather easily from the
>bone IMO. Pass the horseradish.

yes yes, what you said is correct/ Ribs really should not fall off the
bone. They should have a little chew to them. But in all fairness it
is all opinionated so who cares what one person or another thinks.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-12-19 1:25 p.m., jay wrote:
> On 12/19/19 9:36 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> I have often said that my wife is the Braising Queen and she gets
>> special praise for the short ribs she made for supper last night. He
>> had started on them the night before, cooled them and stuck them in
>> the fridge overnight.Â* She put them in the oven around noon
>> yesterdayÂ* and gave them close to 6 hours at 300F.Â* They were fall off
>> the bone and melt in your mouth tender and the flavour was amazing.
>> She regretted that she had forgotten to get mushrooms to add to them,
>> but they were not missed.
>>

> Glad they were good but 6 hours @ 300F seems way too long.

That was what I thought when she said she was going to give them 6
hours, but I can't argue with the results.