Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Roasted beef tenderloin

1.20 kgs (2.6 lbs). Removed from oven when internal temperature hit 55
C (131 F); allowed to rest for 15 minutes.

I think I'll try 53 C (127 F) next time.

Pix and other details in alt.binaries.food.

--
Bob
St Francis would have done better to preach to the cats
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, July 8, 2019 at 9:51:24 AM UTC-5, Opinicus wrote:

> 1.20 kgs (2.6 lbs). Removed from oven when internal temperature hit 55
> C (131 F); allowed to rest for 15 minutes.
>
> I think I'll try 53 C (127 F) next time.
>
> Pix and other details in alt.binaries.food.
>
> --
> Bob

Why make us go to another group to see pictures? Are you incapable of posting
them here?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, July 8, 2019 at 11:09:32 AM UTC-4, wrote:
> On Monday, July 8, 2019 at 9:51:24 AM UTC-5, Opinicus wrote:
> >
> > 1.20 kgs (2.6 lbs). Removed from oven when internal temperature hit 55
> > C (131 F); allowed to rest for 15 minutes.
> >
> > I think I'll try 53 C (127 F) next time.
> >
> > Pix and other details in alt.binaries.food.
> >
> > --
> > Bob
> >

> Why make us go to another group to see pictures? Are you incapable of posting
> them here?

No, he can't post them here. RFC is a text newsgroup.
alt.binaries is the classic Usenet hierarchy for pictures
and other files that aren't text.

Certainly it's more convenient for readers of RFC when people
use image hosting web sites, since the poster can include a
direct link.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2019 10:51 AM, Opinicus wrote:
> 1.20 kgs (2.6 lbs). Removed from oven when internal temperature hit 55
> C (131 F); allowed to rest for 15 minutes.
>
> I think I'll try 53 C (127 F) next time.
>
> Pix and other details in alt.binaries.food.

I'd take it out at about 44C/110F but we like it more rare. Overall, it
looks very nice.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 8 Jul 2019 08:09:28 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Monday, July 8, 2019 at 9:51:24 AM UTC-5, Opinicus wrote:
>>
>> 1.20 kgs (2.6 lbs). Removed from oven when internal temperature hit 55
>> C (131 F); allowed to rest for 15 minutes.
>>
>> I think I'll try 53 C (127 F) next time.
>>
>> Pix and other details in alt.binaries.food.
>>
>> --
>> Bob
>>

>Why make us go to another group to see pictures? Are you incapable of posting
>them here?

I'm thinking its because it's a binary group and easier than
postimage.org?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, July 8, 2019 at 8:59:06 AM UTC-10, wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Jul 2019 08:09:28 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> >On Monday, July 8, 2019 at 9:51:24 AM UTC-5, Opinicus wrote:
> >>
> >> 1.20 kgs (2.6 lbs). Removed from oven when internal temperature hit 55
> >> C (131 F); allowed to rest for 15 minutes.
> >>
> >> I think I'll try 53 C (127 F) next time.
> >>
> >> Pix and other details in alt.binaries.food.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Bob
> >>

> >Why make us go to another group to see pictures? Are you incapable of posting
> >them here?

> I'm thinking its because it's a binary group and easier than
> postimage.org?

A binary newsgroup is not very useful these days. Most people don't have the ability to download a text file and decode an image using a client program. Google Groups had envisioned the ability to display an image within a post as well as other enhancements to bring the newsgroups into the modern age. That would have been something but it was dropped. That's the breaks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 8 Jul 2019 13:26:11 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Monday, July 8, 2019 at 8:59:06 AM UTC-10, wrote:
>> On Mon, 8 Jul 2019 08:09:28 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:

>> >Why make us go to another group to see pictures? Are you incapable of posting
>> >them here?

>> I'm thinking its because it's a binary group and easier than
>> postimage.org?

>A binary newsgroup is not very useful these days. Most people don't have the ability to download a text file and decode an image using a client program. Google Groups had envisioned the ability to display an image within a post as well as other enhancements to bring the newsgroups into the modern age. That would have been something but it was dropped. That's the breaks.

You don't want to bring newsgroups into the modern age. That's where
you go wrong. If you want modern age, there are all kinds of forums,
including Facebook.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, July 8, 2019 at 11:46:09 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Monday, July 8, 2019 at 11:09:32 AM UTC-4, wrote:
>
> > On Monday, July 8, 2019 at 9:51:24 AM UTC-5, Opinicus wrote:
> > >
> > > 1.20 kgs (2.6 lbs). Removed from oven when internal temperature hit 55
> > > C (131 F); allowed to rest for 15 minutes.
> > >
> > > I think I'll try 53 C (127 F) next time.
> > >
> > > Pix and other details in alt.binaries.food.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Bob
> > >

> > Why make us go to another group to see pictures? Are you incapable of posting
> > them here?

> No, he can't post them here. RFC is a text newsgroup.
> alt.binaries is the classic Usenet hierarchy for pictures
> and other files that aren't text.
>
> Certainly it's more convenient for readers of RFC when people
> use image hosting web sites, since the poster can include a
> direct link.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

He can save his pictures to a file on his computer then use a hosting site
such as Postimage.org and THEN post THAT URL here for us to view the picture.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, July 8, 2019 at 3:26:14 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

> On Monday, July 8, 2019 at 8:59:06 AM UTC-10, wrote:
> >
> > I'm thinking its because it's a binary group and easier than
> > postimage.org?

> A binary newsgroup is not very useful these days. Most people don't have the ability to download a text file and decode an image using a client program. Google Groups had envisioned the ability to display an image within a post as well as other enhancements to bring the newsgroups into the modern age. That would have been something but it was dropped. That's the breaks.

As I just stated in another post on this subject, he can use Postimage.org to
post his pictures here for e.v.e.r.y.o.n.e to see. Or he can use any of a
dozen other sites to post his pictures here instead of annoying his readers
and asking them to go searching another completely different group for a
picture.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 8 Jul 2019 13:33:07 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Monday, July 8, 2019 at 11:46:09 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>> > Why make us go to another group to see pictures? Are you incapable of posting
>> > them here?

>> No, he can't post them here. RFC is a text newsgroup.
>> alt.binaries is the classic Usenet hierarchy for pictures
>> and other files that aren't text.
>>
>> Certainly it's more convenient for readers of RFC when people
>> use image hosting web sites, since the poster can include a
>> direct link.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

>He can save his pictures to a file on his computer then use a hosting site
>such as Postimage.org and THEN post THAT URL here for us to view the picture.

I think that's what Cindy said.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, July 8, 2019 at 3:33:38 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

> Is there anything easier than an image hosting site?

Thank you.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, July 8, 2019 at 10:32:34 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:

> You don't want to bring newsgroups into the modern age. That's where
> you go wrong. If you want modern age, there are all kinds of forums,
> including Facebook.

We all know what happens with protocols, formats, and devices, that people can no longer access. Well, better make that some of us do...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 8 Jul 2019 13:33:07 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Monday, July 8, 2019 at 11:46:09 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>> > Why make us go to another group to see pictures? Are you incapable of posting
>> > them here?

>> No, he can't post them here. RFC is a text newsgroup.
>> alt.binaries is the classic Usenet hierarchy for pictures
>> and other files that aren't text.
>>
>> Certainly it's more convenient for readers of RFC when people
>> use image hosting web sites, since the poster can include a
>> direct link.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

>He can save his pictures to a file on his computer then use a hosting site
>such as Postimage.org and THEN post THAT URL here for us to view the picture.

That's exactly what I've been doing for many years... actually easier
than having to open alt.binaries and have to search for what someone
wants you to see.
This works perfectly... I can post the URL to one image or several
images under one URL. And it's FAST... not like that snail paced
slowpoke Amazon images.
https://postimages.org/
And no need to create an account.

At one time I used TinyPic.com but it doesn't work very well, more
than half the time it's down for maintenance.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, July 8, 2019 at 4:15:03 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Jul 2019 13:33:07 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> >He can save his pictures to a file on his computer then use a hosting site
> >such as Postimage.org and THEN post THAT URL here for us to view the picture.

> That's exactly what I've been doing for many years... actually easier
> than having to open alt.binaries and have to search for what someone
> wants you to see.
> This works perfectly... I can post the URL to one image or several
> images under one URL. And it's FAST... not like that snail paced
> slowpoke Amazon images.
> https://postimages.org/
> And no need to create an account.

That's what I use, too, when I want to post an image here. Simple as simple
can be and fast, too.

> At one time I used TinyPic.com but it doesn't work very well, more
> than half the time it's down for maintenance.

I used TinyPic a few times but I was not happy with the result. Pi.org is
much better, at least it is to me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, July 8, 2019 at 5:57:42 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:

> On a non-binary ng, a link to
> a photo hosting site is required. There are a lot of them. Opinicus
> has been around long enough to know this.
>
> Jill

*Applause*
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, July 8, 2019 at 4:33:10 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> On Monday, July 8, 2019 at 11:46:09 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > > Why make us go to another group to see pictures? Are you incapable of posting
> > > them here?

> > No, he can't post them here. RFC is a text newsgroup.
> > alt.binaries is the classic Usenet hierarchy for pictures
> > and other files that aren't text.
> >
> > Certainly it's more convenient for readers of RFC when people
> > use image hosting web sites, since the poster can include a
> > direct link.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> He can save his pictures to a file on his computer then use a hosting site
> such as Postimage.org and THEN post THAT URL here for us to view the picture.

We all know that. But alt.binaries.* is the traditional method, even
though it has fallen out of favor in this fascinating modern age we
live in.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 9 Jul 2019 03:01:14 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Monday, July 8, 2019 at 4:33:10 PM UTC-4, wrote:

>> > No, he can't post them here. RFC is a text newsgroup.
>> > alt.binaries is the classic Usenet hierarchy for pictures
>> > and other files that aren't text.
>> >
>> > Certainly it's more convenient for readers of RFC when people
>> > use image hosting web sites, since the poster can include a
>> > direct link.
>> >
>> > Cindy Hamilton
>> >

>> He can save his pictures to a file on his computer then use a hosting site
>> such as Postimage.org and THEN post THAT URL here for us to view the picture.

>We all know that. But alt.binaries.* is the traditional method, even
>though it has fallen out of favor in this fascinating modern age we
>live in.

If someone wanted to reply to this post, they could attach a note to a
mail pigeon.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 09 Jul 2019 20:14:39 +1000, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Tue, 9 Jul 2019 03:01:14 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>>> He can save his pictures to a file on his computer then use a hosting site
>>> such as Postimage.org and THEN post THAT URL here for us to view the picture.

>>We all know that. But alt.binaries.* is the traditional method, even
>>though it has fallen out of favor in this fascinating modern age we
>>live in.

>If someone wanted to reply to this post, they could attach a note to a
>mail pigeon.

Far cheaper than an internet connection
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 09 Jul 2019 07:31:07 -0300, wrote:

>On Tue, 09 Jul 2019 20:14:39 +1000, Bruce >
>wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 9 Jul 2019 03:01:14 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>>>We all know that. But alt.binaries.* is the traditional method, even
>>>though it has fallen out of favor in this fascinating modern age we
>>>live in.

>>If someone wanted to reply to this post, they could attach a note to a
>>mail pigeon.

>Far cheaper than an internet connection

Yes, although I don't know how much a mail pigeon eats
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> Is there anything easier than an image hosting site?

Yep...just don't include a picture in your post.