Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Look cookware (from Iceland) -- anybody tried it?

On Monday, July 10, 1995 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Sanders wrote:
> We recently bought a frying pan made by Look in Iceland. We've only
> been using it for about six months, but find it's by far the best
> non-stick product we've ever used.
>
> However, we know people who've had problems with other brands rapidly
> losing their non-stick coating, chipping, acquiring smells, etc.
>
> So ... we'd like to know if anybody else has been using Look and how
> they find it. Also, if anybody knows what US prices are -- we live
> in New Zealand (where it's quite expensive) and would be interested in
> getting some when we visit the US if it's significantly cheaper.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kurt and Dianne Sanders

I was given a Look pot for making large batches of soup-all bones from a 25 lbs. turkey big. The non-stick started to peal after about 2 years. Because it was a gift and the giver did not keep the receipt I was stuck with it. A store here in Oregon was selling this pot for over $250. I have not used it in many years and I would not buy a Look product now.
James
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/22/2019 3:31 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 6/22/2019 2:55 PM, cshenk wrote:
>> wrote:

>>> I was given a Look pot for making large batches of soup-all bones
>>> from a 25 lbs. turkey big.Â* The non-stick started to peal after about
>>> 2 years.Â* Because it was a gift and the giver did not keep the
>>> receipt I was stuck with it. A store here in Oregon was selling this
>>> pot for over $250.Â* I have not used it in many years and I would not
>>> buy a Look product now.Â* James

>> Hi Jim, you are new here I guess and replying to a 1995 post....
>>

> Yeah, but he has cookware that peals.Â* I imagine it sounds good in his
> kitchen.

Peals like bells?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking