Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Flour Recall

E.Coli in some flours sourced through ADM.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/king-ar...inkId=68982565
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 19:26:52 -0400, Boron Elgar
> wrote:

>E.Coli in some flours sourced through ADM.
>
>https://www.cbsnews.com/news/king-ar...inkId=68982565

I'm glad you posted that. I got notice in my email and the email
didn't say what the problem was.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 18:32:00 -0600, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 19:26:52 -0400, Boron Elgar
> wrote:
>
>>E.Coli in some flours sourced through ADM.
>>
>>https://www.cbsnews.com/news/king-ar...inkId=68982565

>I'm glad you posted that. I got notice in my email and the email
>didn't say what the problem was.
>Janet US

You are the one who is always on top of recalls such as this. In fact,
I checked to see if you had already posted about it.

HA!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 19:26:52 -0400, Boron Elgar wrote:

> E.Coli in some flours sourced through ADM.
>
> https://www.cbsnews.com/news/king-ar...inkId=68982565

I didn't know that KA was made by ADM. So now I have a good reason
for not buying it (I think I've only bought 3 pounds in my
lifetime).

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-06-14, U.S Janet B > wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 19:26:52 -0400, Boron Elgar
> wrote:
>
>>E.Coli in some flours sourced through ADM.
>>
>>https://www.cbsnews.com/news/king-ar...inkId=68982565

> I'm glad you posted that.

I, also! Thnx!

I been using KAF ('cuz my store sellS it) and thought I was taking a step up. Apparently, not!

I see no mention of ADM on any of my flour bags or on their "official"
webstie Sez it's an employee owned company:

https://www.kingarthurflour.com/

Luckily, CO is none of states listed on the recall page. I'll jes use it
up and change back to Gold Medal Organic. I hope they have zero to do
with ADM.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 14 Jun 2019 18:05:14 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>On 2019-06-14, U.S Janet B > wrote:
>> On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 19:26:52 -0400, Boron Elgar
> wrote:
>>
>>>E.Coli in some flours sourced through ADM.
>>>
>>>https://www.cbsnews.com/news/king-ar...inkId=68982565

>> I'm glad you posted that.

>I, also! Thnx!
>
>I been using KAF ('cuz my store sellS it) and thought I was taking a step up. Apparently, not!
>
>I see no mention of ADM on any of my flour bags or on their "official"
>webstie Sez it's an employee owned company:
>
>https://www.kingarthurflour.com/
>
>Luckily, CO is none of states listed on the recall page. I'll jes use it
>up and change back to Gold Medal Organic. I hope they have zero to do
>with ADM.
>
>nb

What might be interesting to find out, is if ADM makes flour to spec
for KA and/or the other companies involved in the recall, or if it
just makes a bunch o' flour and sells it for branding.