Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default cooking with bell peppers

i have switched from using red bells to using green bell peppers when i make a stew such as goulash. i like their aroma better when they are cooking, better than the aroma of the reds. they are not as sweet. as for eating raw peppers, i don't like the greens. i like raw bell red pepper on a cheese sandwich.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 8, 2019 at 4:29:24 PM UTC-5, A Moose in Love wrote:

> i like raw bell red pepper on a cheese sandwich.

That just made my hair stand on end!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 8, 2019 at 9:36:44 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> On Saturday, June 8, 2019 at 4:29:24 PM UTC-5, A Moose in Love wrote:
> >
> > i like raw bell red pepper on a cheese sandwich.
> >

> That just made my hair stand on end!

Especially very fresh red bell peppers are quite sweet! Yellows and Orange too! I used to shoestring some and fry them lightly in EVOO and YUM as a pasta alternative!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 8 Jun 2019 20:03:11 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> wrote:

>On Saturday, June 8, 2019 at 9:36:44 PM UTC-5, wrote:
>> On Saturday, June 8, 2019 at 4:29:24 PM UTC-5, A Moose in Love wrote:
>> >
>> > i like raw bell red pepper on a cheese sandwich.
>> >

>> That just made my hair stand on end!

>Especially very fresh red bell peppers are quite sweet! Yellows and Orange too! I used to shoestring some and fry them lightly in EVOO and YUM as a pasta alternative!

Lightly?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"A Moose in Love" > wrote in message
i have switched from using red bells to using green bell peppers when i make
a stew such as goulash. i like their aroma better when they are cooking,
better than the aroma of the reds. they are not as sweet. as for eating
raw peppers, i don't like the greens. i like raw bell red pepper on a
cheese sandwich.

I love all colors both raw and cooked but I love green in chili, Spanish
rice and toasted cheese sandwiches.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Saturday, June 8, 2019 at 4:29:24 PM UTC-5, A Moose in Love wrote:
>>
>> i like raw bell red pepper on a cheese sandwich.
>>

> That just made my hair stand on end!

Why? It would be good!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 8 Jun 2019 20:03:11 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> > wrote:

>>> That just made my hair stand on end!

>>Especially very fresh red bell peppers are quite sweet! Yellows and Orange
>>too! I used to shoestring some and fry them lightly in EVOO and YUM as a
>>pasta alternative!

> Lightly?

You know Jill will be all over this. Perhaps she can steam something on the
side.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 8 Jun 2019 23:10:53 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Bruce" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sat, 8 Jun 2019 20:03:11 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
>> > wrote:

>>>Especially very fresh red bell peppers are quite sweet! Yellows and Orange
>>>too! I used to shoestring some and fry them lightly in EVOO and YUM as a
>>>pasta alternative!

>> Lightly?

>You know Jill will be all over this. Perhaps she can steam something on the
>side.

lol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 8, 2019 at 5:29:24 PM UTC-4, A Moose in Love wrote:
> i have switched from using red bells to using green bell peppers when i make a stew such as goulash. i like their aroma better when they are cooking, better than the aroma of the reds. they are not as sweet. as for eating raw peppers, i don't like the greens. i like raw bell red pepper on a cheese sandwich.

I prefer raw jalapeno on a cheese sandwich. Mmmm. Maybe that's what I'll
have for lunch...

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, June 9, 2019 at 1:08:44 AM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:

> > wrote in message
>
> > On Saturday, June 8, 2019 at 4:29:24 PM UTC-5, A Moose in Love wrote:
> >>
> >> i like raw bell red pepper on a cheese sandwich.
> >>

> > That just made my hair stand on end!

> Why? It would be good!

Not if you don't like bell peppers, no matter their color.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, June 9, 2019 at 8:51:04 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> On Sunday, June 9, 2019 at 1:08:44 AM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
> >
> > > wrote in message

> > > That just made my hair stand on end!

> > Why? It would be good!
> >

> Not if you don't like bell peppers, no matter their color.

I've got to ask: If you don't like bell peppers, why did you open
a thread entitled "cooking with bell peppers"?

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

A Moose in Love wrote:
> i have switched from using red bells to using green bell peppers when i make a stew such as goulash. i like their aroma better when they are cooking, better than the aroma of the reds. they are not as sweet. as for eating raw peppers, i don't like the greens. i like raw bell red pepper on a cheese sandwich.

i like red peppers the best, but only certain ones as i grew
some last year that weren't all that good in comparison to
previous years' peppers.

i will eat several a day when they start coming in. some
years i've had as many as 30something plants, this year i
only put in 9 plants (3 of each of red, green and yellow).
greens get used for salads and chili, reds for fresh eating
or cooking, yellow i don't know if i even like them so
we'll see.

songbird
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 10, 2019 at 5:07:15 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> I've got to ask: If you don't like bell peppers, why did you open
> a thread entitled "cooking with bell peppers"?
>
> Cindy Hamilton

To see what their results were and hoping for something different but I was
disappointed; same old, same old.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 10, 2019 at 12:06:28 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> On Monday, June 10, 2019 at 5:07:15 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > >

> > I've got to ask: If you don't like bell peppers, why did you open
> > a thread entitled "cooking with bell peppers"?
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> To see what their results were and hoping for something different but I was
> disappointed; same old, same old.

Hard to argue with that. I often read threads that feature
uninteresting ingredients or techniques, but sometimes I wait
for a dozen or so posts to accumulate.

I myself don't like cooked peppers (unless very, very gently
cooked as in a Chinese stir fry), except for roasted red bell
peppers, which I like to roast at home then slice up the soft
peppers and add garlic and olive oil.

Raw peppers are always good for me. Any color.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/10/2019 12:47 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> I myself don't like cooked peppers (unless very, very gently
> cooked as in a Chinese stir fry), except for roasted red bell
> peppers, which I like to roast at home then slice up the soft
> peppers and add garlic and olive oil.
>
> Raw peppers are always good for me. Any color.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I'm good with any color but green. If I eat green raw, I belch it for
three days. Cooked green only a day and a half.

Making jambalaya today with red bell.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 10 Jun 2019 09:47:59 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Monday, June 10, 2019 at 12:06:28 PM UTC-4, wrote:
>> On Monday, June 10, 2019 at 5:07:15 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> > >
>> > I've got to ask: If you don't like bell peppers, why did you open
>> > a thread entitled "cooking with bell peppers"?
>> >
>> > Cindy Hamilton
>> >

>> To see what their results were and hoping for something different but I was
>> disappointed; same old, same old.

>Hard to argue with that. I often read threads that feature
>uninteresting ingredients or techniques, but sometimes I wait
>for a dozen or so posts to accumulate.
>
>I myself don't like cooked peppers (unless very, very gently
>cooked as in a Chinese stir fry), except for roasted red bell
>peppers, which I like to roast at home then slice up the soft
>peppers and add garlic and olive oil.
>
>Raw peppers are always good for me. Any color.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

bell peppers can be the reason I go to the supermarket. I am not
comfortable unless I have a couple colors of peppers and some raw
mushrooms in the fridge.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-06-10 1:33 p.m., U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Jun 2019 09:47:59 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:

>>> To see what their results were and hoping for something different but I was
>>> disappointed; same old, same old.

>> Hard to argue with that. I often read threads that feature
>> uninteresting ingredients or techniques, but sometimes I wait
>> for a dozen or so posts to accumulate.
>>
>> I myself don't like cooked peppers (unless very, very gently
>> cooked as in a Chinese stir fry), except for roasted red bell
>> peppers, which I like to roast at home then slice up the soft
>> peppers and add garlic and olive oil.
>>
>> Raw peppers are always good for me. Any color.

>> Cindy Hamilton

> bell peppers can be the reason I go to the supermarket. I am not
> comfortable unless I have a couple colors of peppers and some raw
> mushrooms in the fridge.

You are like my wife. She likes to have lots of peppers in the fridge
and eats some once or twice a day, even breakfast.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 10, 2019 at 12:48:03 PM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Monday, June 10, 2019 at 12:06:28 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> > On Monday, June 10, 2019 at 5:07:15 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > > >
> > > I've got to ask: If you don't like bell peppers, why did you open
> > > a thread entitled "cooking with bell peppers"?
> > >
> > > Cindy Hamilton
> > >

> > To see what their results were and hoping for something different but I was
> > disappointed; same old, same old.

> Hard to argue with that. I often read threads that feature
> uninteresting ingredients or techniques, but sometimes I wait
> for a dozen or so posts to accumulate.
>
> I myself don't like cooked peppers (unless very, very gently
> cooked as in a Chinese stir fry), except for roasted red bell
> peppers, which I like to roast at home then slice up the soft
> peppers and add garlic and olive oil.
>
> Raw peppers are always good for me. Any color.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

how about stuffed bell peppers. we usually use red bells. good stuff. with a bit of tomato sauce.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 10, 2019 at 1:33:30 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 6/10/2019 12:47 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>
> > I myself don't like cooked peppers (unless very, very gently
> > cooked as in a Chinese stir fry), except for roasted red bell
> > peppers, which I like to roast at home then slice up the soft
> > peppers and add garlic and olive oil.
> >
> > Raw peppers are always good for me. Any color.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> I'm good with any color but green. If I eat green raw, I belch it for
> three days. Cooked green only a day and a half.
>
> Making jambalaya today with red bell.

green bells i don't like raw. they are good to cook with in a stew. the new orleans people make their trinity with green bells. i like them for that, but raw they taste like grass. red bells are good to eat raw, on a sandwich with cheese.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 10 Jun 2019 16:16:10 -0700 (PDT), A Moose in Love
> wrote:

>On Monday, June 10, 2019 at 12:48:03 PM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>> > To see what their results were and hoping for something different but I was
>> > disappointed; same old, same old.

>> Hard to argue with that. I often read threads that feature
>> uninteresting ingredients or techniques, but sometimes I wait
>> for a dozen or so posts to accumulate.
>>
>> I myself don't like cooked peppers (unless very, very gently
>> cooked as in a Chinese stir fry), except for roasted red bell
>> peppers, which I like to roast at home then slice up the soft
>> peppers and add garlic and olive oil.
>>
>> Raw peppers are always good for me. Any color.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

>how about stuffed bell peppers. we usually use red bells. good stuff. with a bit of tomato sauce.

We love puffed steppers.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 8, 2019 at 11:29:24 AM UTC-10, A Moose in Love wrote:
> i have switched from using red bells to using green bell peppers when i make a stew such as goulash. i like their aroma better when they are cooking, better than the aroma of the reds. they are not as sweet. as for eating raw peppers, i don't like the greens. i like raw bell red pepper on a cheese sandwich.

I made some beef tomato which is a Hawaiian adaptation of a Cantonese dish. I'd like to use red or yellow peppers but they cost over twice the price than the lowly green bell pepper so no dice. OTOH, they pretty much taste the same to me.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...U2o2guiYah9fXt
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 10, 2019 at 7:16:14 PM UTC-4, A Moose in Love wrote:
> On Monday, June 10, 2019 at 12:48:03 PM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > > To see what their results were and hoping for something different but I was
> > > disappointed; same old, same old.

> > Hard to argue with that. I often read threads that feature
> > uninteresting ingredients or techniques, but sometimes I wait
> > for a dozen or so posts to accumulate.
> >
> > I myself don't like cooked peppers (unless very, very gently
> > cooked as in a Chinese stir fry), except for roasted red bell
> > peppers, which I like to roast at home then slice up the soft
> > peppers and add garlic and olive oil.
> >
> > Raw peppers are always good for me. Any color.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> how about stuffed bell peppers. we usually use red bells. good stuff. with a bit of tomato sauce.

They're cooked. That's a no-go for me.

I don't even like green pepper on pizza. And the nasty flavor permeates
the entire pie, so there's no point picking them off.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"A Moose in Love" > wrote in message
> On Monday, June 10, 2019 at 12:48:03 PM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On Monday, June 10, 2019 at 12:06:28 PM UTC-4,
>> wrote:

>> > To see what their results were and hoping for something different but I
>> > was
>> > disappointed; same old, same old.

>> Hard to argue with that. I often read threads that feature
>> uninteresting ingredients or techniques, but sometimes I wait
>> for a dozen or so posts to accumulate.
>>
>> I myself don't like cooked peppers (unless very, very gently
>> cooked as in a Chinese stir fry), except for roasted red bell
>> peppers, which I like to roast at home then slice up the soft
>> peppers and add garlic and olive oil.
>>
>> Raw peppers are always good for me. Any color.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

> how about stuffed bell peppers. we usually use red bells. good stuff.
> with a bit of tomato sauce.

I prefer green for stuffed.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
On Saturday, June 8, 2019 at 11:29:24 AM UTC-10, A Moose in Love wrote:
> i have switched from using red bells to using green bell peppers when i
> make a stew such as goulash. i like their aroma better when they are
> cooking, better than the aroma of the reds. they are not as sweet. as
> for eating raw peppers, i don't like the greens. i like raw bell red
> pepper on a cheese sandwich.

I made some beef tomato which is a Hawaiian adaptation of a Cantonese dish.
I'd like to use red or yellow peppers but they cost over twice the price
than the lowly green bell pepper so no dice. OTOH, they pretty much taste
the same to me.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...U2o2guiYah9fXt

---

Can you give the recipe?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

A Moose in Love wrote:

> how about stuffed bell peppers. we usually use red bells.
> good stuff. with a bit of tomato sauce.

Good one. I like those. Green peppers hollowed out, parboiled
then stuffed with meat-rice-tomato sauce and spices. Topped with
a melty cheese of some variety then baked. Good eats.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> I'd like to use red or yellow peppers but they cost over
> twice the price than the lowly green bell pepper so no dice.

Same here. Over twice the price so no thanks. I stick to
the green bell peppers but always cooked a bit.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> They're cooked. That's a no-go for me.
>
> I don't even like green pepper on pizza. And the nasty flavor permeates
> the entire pie, so there's no point picking them off.

Seems that we now have a 3rd food princess revealed here.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, says...

> Seems that we now have a 3rd food princess revealed here.

Stick to what you know, Gary; ferrets and farting.

Janet UK
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 11, 2019 at 7:35:55 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >
> > They're cooked. That's a no-go for me.
> >
> > I don't even like green pepper on pizza. And the nasty flavor permeates
> > the entire pie, so there's no point picking them off.

> Seems that we now have a 3rd food princess revealed here.

Perhaps. Or perhaps your taste buds are degraded after years
of abuse.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet wrote:

> In article >, says...
> >
> > Seems that we now have a 3rd food princess revealed here.

> Stick to what you know, Gary; ferrets and farting.

You might want to do the same, sweetheart.
Ferret YAWN:
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/4028/...94ba3c3c4f.jpg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Tuesday, June 11, 2019 at 7:35:55 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> > Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > >
> > > They're cooked. That's a no-go for me.
> > >
> > > I don't even like green pepper on pizza. And the nasty flavor permeates
> > > the entire pie, so there's no point picking them off.

> > Seems that we now have a 3rd food princess revealed here.

> Perhaps. Or perhaps your taste buds are degraded after years
> of abuse.

If true, no worries here, cind...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 11, 2019 at 7:58:38 AM UTC-5, Janet wrote:

> In article >, says...
> >
> > Seems that we now have a 3rd food princess revealed here.

> Stick to what you know, Gary; ferrets and farting.
>
> Janet UK

*GUFFAW*!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/10/2019 6:07 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> Why? It would be good!
>>>

>> Not if you don't like bell peppers, no matter their color.

> I've got to ask: If you don't like bell peppers, why did you open
> a thread entitled "cooking with bell peppers"?
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I thought 'A Moose in Love' started the thread. Are you asking why she
read and replied? I did, in vague hopes of learning something. I'm not
a huge fan of bell peppers, either. I use bell peppers very sparingly.
Don't like the taste or texture.

Raw red pepper on a cheese sandwich isn't "cooking". Oh well. Nothing
to see here.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 11, 2019 at 1:05:24 AM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
> "dsi1" > wrote in message
> On Saturday, June 8, 2019 at 11:29:24 AM UTC-10, A Moose in Love wrote:
> > i have switched from using red bells to using green bell peppers when i
> > make a stew such as goulash. i like their aroma better when they are
> > cooking, better than the aroma of the reds. they are not as sweet. as
> > for eating raw peppers, i don't like the greens. i like raw bell red
> > pepper on a cheese sandwich.

> I made some beef tomato which is a Hawaiian adaptation of a Cantonese dish.
> I'd like to use red or yellow peppers but they cost over twice the price
> than the lowly green bell pepper so no dice. OTOH, they pretty much taste
> the same to me.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...U2o2guiYah9fXt
>
> ---
>
> Can you give the recipe?

It's pretty much standard stir fry. I don't add any Chinese stuff like oyster sauce or 5-spice. Mostly, you just use whatever you have in the fridge. The taste should be fresh, bright, and slightly sweet with a bell pepper and tomato taste. The sauce would be some ketchup, soy sauce, and maybe a little garlic. You could add some ginger but I didn't this time. I add the tomatoes at the end and try not to cook them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
On Tuesday, June 11, 2019 at 1:05:24 AM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
> "dsi1" > wrote in message
> On Saturday, June 8, 2019 at 11:29:24 AM UTC-10, A Moose in Love wrote:
> > i have switched from using red bells to using green bell peppers when i
> > make a stew such as goulash. i like their aroma better when they are
> > cooking, better than the aroma of the reds. they are not as sweet. as
> > for eating raw peppers, i don't like the greens. i like raw bell red
> > pepper on a cheese sandwich.

> I made some beef tomato which is a Hawaiian adaptation of a Cantonese
> dish.
> I'd like to use red or yellow peppers but they cost over twice the price
> than the lowly green bell pepper so no dice. OTOH, they pretty much taste
> the same to me.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...U2o2guiYah9fXt
>
> ---
>
> Can you give the recipe?

It's pretty much standard stir fry. I don't add any Chinese stuff like
oyster sauce or 5-spice. Mostly, you just use whatever you have in the
fridge. The taste should be fresh, bright, and slightly sweet with a bell
pepper and tomato taste. The sauce would be some ketchup, soy sauce, and
maybe a little garlic. You could add some ginger but I didn't this time. I
add the tomatoes at the end and try not to cook them.

Thanks!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 11 Jun 2019 07:28:55 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>A Moose in Love wrote:
>>
>> how about stuffed bell peppers. we usually use red bells.
>> good stuff. with a bit of tomato sauce.

>Good one. I like those. Green peppers hollowed out, parboiled
>then stuffed with meat-rice-tomato sauce and spices. Topped with
>a melty cheese of some variety then baked. Good eats.

I never parboil for stuffed peppers (puffed steppers), this is the
first I've ever heard of parboiling for puffed steppers.. I fill them
and bake them in a tomato sauce in a pan. I like to slice them
lengthwise, then I get two stuffed peppers from one I don't find it
necessary to top the with part of a pepper, I spoon some tomato sauce
over. I prefer to use pork saw-seege for stuffing, no rice... but
then served with pasta and the sauce.
I like bell peppers in all their colors... they all start off as green
ones and turn colors when left to ripen. I actually prefer the green
ones, excellent sliced and sauted til just tender, heaped in a
saw-seege hero, perhaps with melted mozz topping. I like green bells
grilled, heaped in one of my 12 ounce burgers. I grow bell peppers,
when there's a glut I'll parboil, I'll marinate a boatload in olive
oyl, garlic, and fresh lemon joose and refrigerate , doesn't take long
for them to be all eaten. I may let some turn red or other colors on
the vine but not too many as since I use no insecticide, as their
sugar develops they get attacked by insects and larva.
I use bell peppers in stews/soups but mostly in salads... during
growing season we eat a lot of salads. There's a world of difference
between home grown and stupidmarket produce. Stupidmarket produce is
not worth buying, it's far from fresh and loaded with chemferts...
organic is a big fat lie.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 11 Jun 2019 07:17:01 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 11, 2019 at 7:35:55 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
>> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> >
>> > They're cooked. That's a no-go for me.
>> >
>> > I don't even like green pepper on pizza. And the nasty flavor permeates
>> > the entire pie, so there's no point picking them off.

>> Seems that we now have a 3rd food princess revealed here.

>Perhaps. Or perhaps your taste buds are degraded after years
>of abuse.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

Green bell peppers are nutrient rich, and properly cooked are
dee-lish... Cindy is obviously afflicted with chronic TIAD.
Cindy lives on box cake.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Tue, 11 Jun 2019 07:28:55 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
>>A Moose in Love wrote:
>>>
>>> how about stuffed bell peppers. we usually use red bells.
>>> good stuff. with a bit of tomato sauce.

>>Good one. I like those. Green peppers hollowed out, parboiled
>>then stuffed with meat-rice-tomato sauce and spices. Topped with
>>a melty cheese of some variety then baked. Good eats.

> I never parboil for stuffed peppers (puffed steppers), this is the
> first I've ever heard of parboiling for puffed steppers.. I fill them
> and bake them in a tomato sauce in a pan. I like to slice them
> lengthwise, then I get two stuffed peppers from one I don't find it
> necessary to top the with part of a pepper, I spoon some tomato sauce
> over. I prefer to use pork saw-seege for stuffing, no rice... but
> then served with pasta and the sauce.
> I like bell peppers in all their colors... they all start off as green
> ones and turn colors when left to ripen. I actually prefer the green
> ones, excellent sliced and sauted til just tender, heaped in a
> saw-seege hero, perhaps with melted mozz topping. I like green bells
> grilled, heaped in one of my 12 ounce burgers. I grow bell peppers,
> when there's a glut I'll parboil, I'll marinate a boatload in olive
> oyl, garlic, and fresh lemon joose and refrigerate , doesn't take long
> for them to be all eaten. I may let some turn red or other colors on
> the vine but not too many as since I use no insecticide, as their
> sugar develops they get attacked by insects and larva.
> I use bell peppers in stews/soups but mostly in salads... during
> growing season we eat a lot of salads. There's a world of difference
> between home grown and stupidmarket produce. Stupidmarket produce is
> not worth buying, it's far from fresh and loaded with chemferts...
> organic is a big fat lie.

I've heard of parboiling but I never do. I would eat a lot more of them if
they were cheaper.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 11, 2019 at 5:13:30 PM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Jun 2019 07:17:01 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:

> >> Seems that we now have a 3rd food princess revealed here.

> >Perhaps. Or perhaps your taste buds are degraded after years
> >of abuse.
> >
> >Cindy Hamilton

> Green bell peppers are nutrient rich, and properly cooked are
> dee-lish... Cindy is obviously afflicted with chronic TIAD.
> Cindy lives on box cake.

You're right about "properly cooked". Which is "as little as possible".

Cindy Hamilton

Bell peppers Julie Bove[_2_] Diabetic 25 29-07-2012 07:28 PM
How do you use your excess bell peppers? James[_1_] General Cooking 41 17-08-2007 07:39 PM
HUGE Bell Peppers! [email protected] General Cooking 16 16-01-2007 07:29 PM
Bell Peppers [email protected] General Cooking 10 27-12-2005 02:20 PM
Using Bell Peppers (8) Collection Andy & Shell Recipes (moderated) 0 24-11-2003 07:53 PM