Old 16-05-2019, 08:22 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT A Housemate is gonna help me lift a $400 SS Mailbox, out front!

On Thu, 9 May 2019 20:27:57 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe wrote:

Not my Winfield Woodlake:

https://qualarc.com/mailboxes/winfield-woodlake/

$400 worth of black Stainless Steel mailbox!

Galvanized steel is not stainless steel.

And I put big slanty "3068" reflective stickers and stuck them to the mailbox!

Nothing says White Trash better than those slanty reflective
stickers. Well, other than pink flamingos stuck into the lawn.

-sw

Old 16-05-2019, 09:29 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/16/2019 3:22 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
On Thu, 9 May 2019 20:27:57 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe wrote:

Not my Winfield Woodlake:

https://qualarc.com/mailboxes/winfield-woodlake/

$400 worth of black Stainless Steel mailbox!

Galvanized steel is not stainless steel.

Part of it is
B. Woodlake: Locking wall mount mailbox. Body made of black
powder coated galvanized steel with 443 stainless steel letter
plate and door. Thickness: 0.6mm. Slot opening: 11-3/8" x
1-3/8". Mailbox: 11-3/4" x 14-3/8" x 5-1/8". (WF-P010)

And I put big slanty "3068" reflective stickers and stuck them to the mailbox!

Nothing says White Trash better than those slanty reflective
stickers. Well, other than pink flamingos stuck into the lawn.

-sw

Flamingos are on backorder.
Old 17-05-2019, 12:17 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

I got a nice, new mailbox yesterday, mounted (by my usual carpenter) next to my front door on
the front of the house. It is roomy enough for the junk mail I get, and even for small parcels,
but doesn't look oversized from the sidewalk.

We were the last neighborhood here to get door-to-door mail delivery, but soon after we finished
building the house, we acquired the first of several very protective German Shepherds. They
would attack the door when they heard someone on the front porch, so we moved the box to
a rural-style one, and put it on a post beside the driveway. I have enough trouble walking short
distances, and the dogs have been gone for decades, so I decided to move it back to the
house where I could reach it by just opening the door.

And even with the professional install, it cost way less than$400! (It is powder-coated black
steel, and has a lock, which will never get used.)

N.
Old 17-05-2019, 12:30 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 16, 2019 at 6:17:06 PM UTC-5, Nancy2 wrote:
[...]

I bought mine via the manufacturer! Full retail, NOT MALWART DISCOUNT!! And MADE IN THE USA, NOT CHINA!

John Kuthe...
Old 17-05-2019, 03:38 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

John, I can't relate my tale with your response. Where did I say I bought mine at a discount store?
(I NEVER shop at Walmart unless it is a sole source.). I had mine ordered through my local Ace Hardware
Store.

BTW, I hope your health improves, whatever treatment you embrace.

N.

Old Yesterday, 04:17 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
On Thu, 9 May 2019 20:27:57 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe wrote:

Not my Winfield Woodlake:

https://qualarc.com/mailboxes/winfield-woodlake/

$400 worth of black Stainless Steel mailbox!

Galvanized steel is not stainless steel.

And I put big slanty "3068" reflective stickers and stuck them to the mailbox!

Nothing says White Trash better than those slanty reflective
stickers. Well, other than pink flamingos stuck into the lawn.

-sw

Same model number...
Old Yesterday, 04:18 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
[...]

You won't get rich paying full retail for everything you buy.
Old Yesterday, 05:02 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Alex wrote:
John Kuthe wrote:
[...]

Interestingly enough, €śfull retail€ť is $65 at Home Depot, and $100 from
Bed, Bath & Beyond. Not anywhere close to $400. Sounds like he had to pay
the minimum wholesale lot price, just to get 1 mailbox delivered from a
manufacturer who doesnt sell direct to consumer. And, it isnt even
approved by the USPS for mail delivery. Nor made in the USA, according to
BB&B.
Old Yesterday, 05:45 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 18 May 2019 04:02:42 -0000 (UTC), Jinx the Minx
wrote:

Alex wrote:
John Kuthe wrote:

I bought mine via the manufacturer! Full retail, NOT MALWART DISCOUNT!!
And MADE IN THE USA, NOT CHINA!

John Kuthe...

You won't get rich paying full retail for everything you buy.

Interestingly enough, “full retail” is $65 at Home Depot, and $100 from
Bed, Bath & Beyond. Not anywhere close to $400. Sounds like he had to pay
the minimum wholesale lot price, just to get 1 mailbox delivered from a
manufacturer who doesn’t sell direct to consumer. And, it isn’t even
approved by the USPS for mail delivery. Nor made in the USA, according to
BB&B.

So he bought a non RFC approved mailbox. I don't know if I'll be able
to sleep tonight. The horror!
Old Yesterday, 06:10 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 16 May 2019 14:22:29 -0500, Sqwertz
wrote:

On Thu, 9 May 2019 20:27:57 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe wrote:

Not my Winfield Woodlake:

https://qualarc.com/mailboxes/winfield-woodlake/

$400 worth of black Stainless Steel mailbox!

Galvanized steel is not stainless steel.

And I put big slanty "3068" reflective stickers and stuck them to the mailbox!

Nothing says White Trash better than those slanty reflective
stickers.

Nothing says White Trash better than Sqwertz' posts.

Old Yesterday, 11:31 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

Alex wrote:
John Kuthe wrote:

I bought mine via the manufacturer! Full retail, NOT MALWART DISCOUNT!!
And MADE IN THE USA, NOT CHINA!

John Kuthe...

You won't get rich paying full retail for everything you buy.

Interestingly enough, €śfull retail€ť is $65 at Home Depot, and $100 from
Bed, Bath & Beyond. Not anywhere close to $400. Sounds like he had to pay
the minimum wholesale lot price, just to get 1 mailbox delivered from a
manufacturer who doesnt sell direct to consumer. And, it isnt even
approved by the USPS for mail delivery. Nor made in the USA, according to
BB&B.

So he bought a non RFC approved mailbox. I don't know if I'll be able
to sleep tonight. The horror!

If it's not designed to U.S. Postal Service standards, they can
refuse to put mail in it.

Cindy Hamilton
Old Yesterday, 01:18 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

Alex wrote:
John Kuthe wrote:

I bought mine via the manufacturer! Full retail, NOT MALWART DISCOUNT!!
And MADE IN THE USA, NOT CHINA!

John Kuthe...

You won't get rich paying full retail for everything you buy.

Interestingly enough, “full retail” is $65 at Home Depot, and $100 from
Bed, Bath & Beyond. Not anywhere close to $400. Sounds like he had to pay
the minimum wholesale lot price, just to get 1 mailbox delivered from a
manufacturer who doesn’t sell direct to consumer. And, it isn’t even
approved by the USPS for mail delivery. Nor made in the USA, according to
BB&B.

So he bought a non RFC approved mailbox. I don't know if I'll be able
to sleep tonight. The horror!

If it's not designed to U.S. Postal Service standards, they can
refuse to put mail in it.

Oh, THAT's why you're all so worried
Old Yesterday, 01:25 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

Alex wrote:
John Kuthe wrote:

I bought mine via the manufacturer! Full retail, NOT MALWART DISCOUNT!!
And MADE IN THE USA, NOT CHINA!

John Kuthe...

You won't get rich paying full retail for everything you buy.

Interestingly enough, €śfull retail€ť is $65 at Home Depot, and $100 from
Bed, Bath & Beyond. Not anywhere close to $400. Sounds like he had to pay
the minimum wholesale lot price, just to get 1 mailbox delivered from a
manufacturer who doesnt sell direct to consumer. And, it isnt even
approved by the USPS for mail delivery. Nor made in the USA, according to
BB&B.

So he bought a non RFC approved mailbox. I don't know if I'll be able
to sleep tonight. The horror!

If it's not designed to U.S. Postal Service standards, they can
refuse to put mail in it.

Oh, THAT's why you're all so worried

I'm not worried. I don't really give a crap if Kuthe receives his
property tax bill or not.

Cindy Hamilton
Old Yesterday, 02:15 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

Alex wrote:
John Kuthe wrote:

[...]

I mounted it! Labeled it! "3068" and on the lift flap "lift here"! And it's LOCKED! I keep one key on my Landlord's Keyring and one hanging on the inside just to the right and up high next to the front door on the INSIDE to grab and go out and check for new Incoming mail!

And it WORKS and LOOKS FABULOUSLY! :-)

So **** all you who support MalWart and crap like that! YOU SUCK!

John Kuthe...
Old Yesterday, 02:16 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 17, 2019 at 10:18:35 PM UTC-5, Alex wrote:
John Kuthe wrote:
[...]

Rich in ways you will never understand QUALITY not quantity!

John Kuthe...