Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Meat: Chuck & Sirloin.

On Sunday, July 20, 2003 at 3:18:57 PM UTC-10, PENMART01 wrote:
> Richard Periut > writes:
>
> >Just a curious question:
> >
> >Why do most connoisseurs of burgers, attest to mixing sirloin with chuck
> >for making ground burger?

> Probably the same reason as your comma... for no particular reason at all..
>
> I sometimes mix different cuts of beef for grinding depending on fat content...
> chuck usually has too much fat but rather than trim and toss (which is
> wasteful) I blend it with leaner cuts that benefit from additional fat, like
> sirloin or top round. Actually it's time you got a good quality grinder and
> began experimenting so you'll be able to experience first hand how a luxury
> burger is supposed to taste... if all you ever have is pre-ground stupidmarket
> mystery meat you haven't a clue. Sometimes I grind tender cuts of beef, you
> haven't lived until you've eaten a perfectly grilled rare burger made with
> freshly ground porterhouse. Grinding your own is not limited to cheap cuts...
> fishcakes from fresh seafood you've ground yourself are pure luxury.
>

> ---= BOYCOTT FRENCH--GERMAN (belgium) =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
> Sheldon
> ````````````
> "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."

At one time yoose were capable of insightful, well thought out, logical, paragraphs. Things have changed. I suspect a brain tumor. Get an MRI posthaste!

Tonight I cooked chicken with green beans. I've never liked green beans nor have I ever cooked them so it's kind of a historic event. This was, no doubt, a magical bag of beans because it looked like there wasn't enough beans in the bag but when it was offloaded onto the cutting board, it looked like way too much. I used half.

The beans were boiled "to the tooth" before frying. It was quite delectable..

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...KaCgdTBogv6DOy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 20 Apr 2019 22:44:04 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Sunday, July 20, 2003 at 3:18:57 PM UTC-10, PENMART01 wrote:
>>
>> ---= BOYCOTT FRENCH--GERMAN (belgium) =---
>> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
>> Sheldon

A very interesting geopolitical perspective. ("I don't know what
Belgium is, but let's add that too.")

>At one time yoose were capable of insightful, well thought out, logical, paragraphs. Things have changed. I suspect a brain tumor. Get an MRI posthaste!
>
>Tonight I cooked chicken with green beans. I've never liked green beans nor have I ever cooked them so it's kind of a historic event. This was, no doubt, a magical bag of beans because it looked like there wasn't enough beans in the bag but when it was offloaded onto the cutting board, it looked like way too much. I used half.
>
>The beans were boiled "to the tooth" before frying. It was quite delectable.
>
>https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...KaCgdTBogv6DOy

Even though it's meat, it looks good.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 21 Apr 2019 16:03:05 +1000, Bruce >
wrote:

>>https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...KaCgdTBogv6DOy

>Even though it's meat, it looks good.

Looks like David used a lot of sugar (that glazed look).
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 21 Apr 2019 13:19:59 +0700, Jeßus > wrote:

>On Sun, 21 Apr 2019 16:03:05 +1000, Bruce >
>wrote:
>
>>>https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...KaCgdTBogv6DOy

>>Even though it's meat, it looks good.

>Looks like David used a lot of sugar (that glazed look).

Isn't that oil?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 21 Apr 2019 16:25:28 +1000, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Sun, 21 Apr 2019 13:19:59 +0700, Jeßus > wrote:

>>>Even though it's meat, it looks good.

>>Looks like David used a lot of sugar (that glazed look).

>Isn't that oil?

I'm thinking sugar, it has that velvety look to it - only way I know
how to achieve that is with either sugar or potato flour. Maybe you're
right and it's just the photo.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> Tonight I cooked chicken with green beans. I've never liked green beans nor have I ever cooked them so it's kind of a historic event. This was, no doubt, a magical bag of beans because it looked like there wasn't enough beans in the bag but when it was offloaded onto the cutting board, it looked like way too much. I used half.
>
> The beans were boiled "to the tooth" before frying. It was quite delectable.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...KaCgdTBogv6DOy

I just looked at your pic this morning. Looks nice!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chuck & Sirloin.

"Gary" wrote in message ...

dsi1 wrote:

> Tonight I cooked chicken with green beans. I've never liked green beans
> nor have I ever cooked them so it's kind of a historic event. This was, no
> doubt, a magical bag of beans because it looked like there wasn't enough
> beans in the bag but when it was offloaded onto the cutting board, it
> looked like way too much. I used half.
>
> The beans were boiled "to the tooth" before frying. It was quite
> delectable.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...KaCgdTBogv6DOy

I just looked at your pic this morning. Looks nice!

=
It certainly does)