Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default How do you trim a mutant rosemary bush?

This is a dome/starburst shaped rosemary bush that sends out
thousand of runners and then establishes a new auxiliary trunk every
10" or so around the perimeter to support thousands of more
runners. It's prooably 150 little trunks in there by now. but it
only grow UP into rosemary when it hits the edge of the circle.
Until it eventually consumes you whole lawn, and your driveway, and
maybe that's where m,y cars been all these years. It's 20 feet wide
and 4' tall in the center. If you just trim one side of it, it will
grow back twice as wide and twice as fast (and now your
dome/starburst will be lopsided). I tried to kill it with Round Up
last year, and it just laughed at Monsanto. It made every branch
bloom brilliant purple and yellow flowers. It's never done that in
16 years. So I didn't get to finish it off with charcoal fluid and
a match like I planned Digging it up is not an option without a
backhoe.

I don't want to crawl around the perimeter (62.8318530718) with
pruning shears cutting 64,536 little runners and branches. I need a
laser beam that I can just draw a circle and amputate and cauterize
everything outside the core. Is a weedburner an option? It would
have to yellow/blue or white flame. Do they get that hot? Killing
it outright would be a shame after surviving aq huge dose of
Roundup. I just need to show it it's not immortal while preserving
the spiny lizard habitat. Or hell with it if it's just as easy, I
could just kill the *******(*). All my neighbors have rosemary for
the picking.

What could i do with 8 pounds of fresh rosemary trimmings without de
stemming or putting in the grill/smoker with some lamb or cheese?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 18 Apr 2019 13:27:27 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>This is a dome/starburst shaped rosemary bush that sends out
>thousand of runners and then establishes a new auxiliary trunk every
>10" or so around the perimeter to support thousands of more
>runners. It's prooably 150 little trunks in there by now. but it
>only grow UP into rosemary when it hits the edge of the circle.
>Until it eventually consumes you whole lawn, and your driveway, and
>maybe that's where m,y cars been all these years. It's 20 feet wide
>and 4' tall in the center. If you just trim one side of it, it will
>grow back twice as wide and twice as fast (and now your
>dome/starburst will be lopsided). I tried to kill it with Round Up
>last year, and it just laughed at Monsanto. It made every branch
>bloom brilliant purple and yellow flowers. It's never done that in
>16 years. So I didn't get to finish it off with charcoal fluid and
>a match like I planned Digging it up is not an option without a
>backhoe.
>
>I don't want to crawl around the perimeter (62.8318530718) with
>pruning shears cutting 64,536 little runners and branches. I need a
>laser beam that I can just draw a circle and amputate and cauterize
>everything outside the core. Is a weedburner an option? It would
>have to yellow/blue or white flame. Do they get that hot? Killing
>it outright would be a shame after surviving aq huge dose of
>Roundup. I just need to show it it's not immortal while preserving
>the spiny lizard habitat. Or hell with it if it's just as easy, I
>could just kill the *******(*). All my neighbors have rosemary for
>the picking.
>
>What could i do with 8 pounds of fresh rosemary trimmings without de
>stemming or putting in the grill/smoker with some lamb or cheese?

I am jealous. I plant my rosemary in a pot each year and unless I
take it indoors for the winter I must buy a new plant every year.
The usual rules of pruning apply. If your bush is that big, you can
probably take a power hedge trimmer to it. As for runners on the
ground. . .are they coming from the mother plant or are they
seedlings. If seedlings, just hoe them up. If runners, pull them and
clip them off at mom.
If the main plant is smaller than I imagine, you clip back to a
juncture where the new arm or growth bud is heading in the direction
you want it to go. (Happy Trails )
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>This is a dome/starburst shaped rosemary bush that sends out
>thousand of runners and then establishes a new auxiliary trunk every
>10" or so around the perimeter to support thousands of more
>runners. It's prooably 150 little trunks in there by now. but it
>only grow UP into rosemary when it hits the edge of the circle.
>Until it eventually consumes you whole lawn, and your driveway, and
>maybe that's where m,y cars been all these years. It's 20 feet wide
>and 4' tall in the center. If you just trim one side of it, it will
>grow back twice as wide and twice as fast (and now your
>dome/starburst will be lopsided). I tried to kill it with Round Up
>last year, and it just laughed at Monsanto. It made every branch
>bloom brilliant purple and yellow flowers. It's never done that in
>16 years. So I didn't get to finish it off with charcoal fluid and
>a match like I planned Digging it up is not an option without a
>backhoe.
>
>I don't want to crawl around the perimeter (62.8318530718) with
>pruning shears cutting 64,536 little runners and branches. I need a
>laser beam that I can just draw a circle and amputate and cauterize
>everything outside the core. Is a weedburner an option? It would
>have to yellow/blue or white flame. Do they get that hot? Killing
>it outright would be a shame after surviving aq huge dose of
>Roundup. I just need to show it it's not immortal while preserving
>the spiny lizard habitat. Or hell with it if it's just as easy, I
>could just kill the *******(*). All my neighbors have rosemary for
>the picking.
>
>What could i do with 8 pounds of fresh rosemary trimmings without de
>stemming or putting in the grill/smoker with some lamb or cheese?

OK quick call the ghost busters and ask them to borrow a positron
glider and fry that crap... or aresol hair spray and a lighter... or
go to walmart and buy the cheapest plant killer poison chemicals and
spray the edges and then wait a day or so and move inward a little
wait and spray and wait .... You get the picture..... You could always
dehydrate it but I mean cmon its rosemary... you use it what once
every three months?

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>This is a dome/starburst shaped rosemary bush that sends out
>thousand of runners and then establishes a new auxiliary trunk every
>10" or so around the perimeter to support thousands of more
>runners. It's prooably 150 little trunks in there by now. but it
>only grow UP into rosemary when it hits the edge of the circle.
>Until it eventually consumes you whole lawn, and your driveway, and
>maybe that's where m,y cars been all these years. It's 20 feet wide
>and 4' tall in the center. If you just trim one side of it, it will
>grow back twice as wide and twice as fast (and now your
>dome/starburst will be lopsided). I tried to kill it with Round Up
>last year, and it just laughed at Monsanto. It made every branch
>bloom brilliant purple and yellow flowers. It's never done that in
>16 years. So I didn't get to finish it off with charcoal fluid and
>a match like I planned Digging it up is not an option without a
>backhoe.
>
>I don't want to crawl around the perimeter (62.8318530718) with
>pruning shears cutting 64,536 little runners and branches. I need a
>laser beam that I can just draw a circle and amputate and cauterize
>everything outside the core. Is a weedburner an option? It would
>have to yellow/blue or white flame. Do they get that hot? Killing
>it outright would be a shame after surviving aq huge dose of
>Roundup. I just need to show it it's not immortal while preserving
>the spiny lizard habitat. Or hell with it if it's just as easy, I
>could just kill the *******(*). All my neighbors have rosemary for
>the picking.
>
>What could i do with 8 pounds of fresh rosemary trimmings without de
>stemming or putting in the grill/smoker with some lamb or cheese?

A better choice would be to just kill off everything that is in the
ground and get a new seedling and keep in a pot this time...

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 18 Apr 2019 14:33:31 -0500,
wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Apr 2019 13:27:27 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>>This is a dome/starburst shaped rosemary bush that sends out
>>thousand of runners and then establishes a new auxiliary trunk every
>>10" or so around the perimeter to support thousands of more
>>runners. It's prooably 150 little trunks in there by now. but it
>>only grow UP into rosemary when it hits the edge of the circle.
>>Until it eventually consumes you whole lawn, and your driveway, and
>>maybe that's where m,y cars been all these years. It's 20 feet wide
>>and 4' tall in the center. If you just trim one side of it, it will
>>grow back twice as wide and twice as fast (and now your
>>dome/starburst will be lopsided). I tried to kill it with Round Up
>>last year, and it just laughed at Monsanto. It made every branch
>>bloom brilliant purple and yellow flowers. It's never done that in
>>16 years. So I didn't get to finish it off with charcoal fluid and
>>a match like I planned Digging it up is not an option without a
>>backhoe.
>>
>>I don't want to crawl around the perimeter (62.8318530718) with
>>pruning shears cutting 64,536 little runners and branches. I need a
>>laser beam that I can just draw a circle and amputate and cauterize
>>everything outside the core. Is a weedburner an option? It would
>>have to yellow/blue or white flame. Do they get that hot? Killing
>>it outright would be a shame after surviving aq huge dose of
>>Roundup. I just need to show it it's not immortal while preserving
>>the spiny lizard habitat. Or hell with it if it's just as easy, I
>>could just kill the *******(*). All my neighbors have rosemary for
>>the picking.
>>
>>What could i do with 8 pounds of fresh rosemary trimmings without de
>>stemming or putting in the grill/smoker with some lamb or cheese?

> A better choice would be to just kill off everything that is in the
> ground and get a new seedling and keep in a pot this time...

So you didn't read my post just once, but multiple times. You're my
hero.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>> OK quick call the ghost busters and ask them to borrow a positron
>> glider and fry that crap... or aresol hair spray and a lighter... or
>> go to walmart and buy the cheapest plant killer poison chemicals and
>> spray the edges and then wait a day or so and move inward a little
>> wait and spray and wait .... You get the picture..... You could always
>> dehydrate it but I mean cmon its rosemary... you use it what once
>> every three months?

>So you're also as ignorant about gardening as you are about
>everything else. While suggesting things that don't exit in
>fiction, and exaggerate the solutions I've already proposed and
>tried which you totally ignored in favor of being an obnoxious
>asshole.
>
>And now I see you're up again in the next reply, too. The mark of a
>true kook. I'm sure it will speak for itself and I will regret ever
>doubting your ignorance. Right?
>
>-sw

I guess a sense of humor has not evolved in your area. Right?

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____