Old 16-04-2019, 11:28 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default For jk

No one ever called 911 after a cigarette. Cigs killed them after. Everyone quits smoking in the end.
Puff, puff, pass.

Old 17-04-2019, 12:34 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 16 Apr 2019 15:28:48 -0700 (PDT), Thomas
wrote:

No one ever called 911 after a cigarette. Cigs killed them after. Everyone quits smoking in the end.
Puff, puff, pass.

I quit, and I am so happy..
Still can not breathe worth a crap and the ole ticker has almost
ticked out but hell I quit.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Old 17-04-2019, 07:08 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

No one ever called 911 after a cigarette. Cigs killed them after. Everyone quits smoking in the end.
Puff, puff, pass.

I quit, and I am so happy..
Still can not breathe worth a crap and the ole ticker has almost
ticked out but hell I quit.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

i quit in 1983. haven't had a cig since.
Old 17-04-2019, 07:12 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

No one ever called 911 after a cigarette. Cigs killed them after. Everyone quits smoking in the end.
Puff, puff, pass.

I quit, and I am so happy..
Still can not breathe worth a crap and the ole ticker has almost
ticked out but hell I quit.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

i quit in 1983. haven't had a cig since.

well kiss my grits... I did not even start until the early 90's

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Old 18-04-2019, 01:36 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, April 17, 2019 at 7:12:31 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:

* Shirt , by 1990 I'd been smokin' for 25 years . Quit in March of 2005
and haven't missed 'em .

July 1st it will be 19 year since I quit smoking; cold turkey.

Old 18-04-2019, 04:41 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Hey, Terry, I quit one month before you, but I had been smoking a lot longer than 25 years.
I also had quit once before for two years, so my expected baby would be healthy.
That baby was almost 9 pounds of healthy. So I started again practically in the delivery room.

I miss it often. But then I remember how it made my throat feel, and how it made my clothes
smell, and am not tempted. ;-))

N.
Old 18-04-2019, 01:39 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-04-17 11:41 p.m., Nancy2 wrote:
Hey, Terry, I quit one month before you, but I had been smoking a lot
longer than 25 years. I also had quit once before for two years, so
my expected baby would be healthy. That baby was almost 9 pounds of
healthy. So I started again practically in the delivery room.

I miss it often. But then I remember how it made my throat feel, and
how it made my clothes smell, and am not tempted. ;-))

Most places around here do not allow smoking in public places. Smokers
have to go outside, sometimes off the property to smoke. They end up
power smoking, and for some reason, that seems to intensify the stench
that around them. I would expect that stink would inspire them to quit
Old 18-04-2019, 03:28 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-04-17 8:36 p.m., wrote:
On Wednesday, April 17, 2019 at 7:12:31 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:

* Shirt , by 1990 I'd been smokin' for 25 years . Quit in March of 2005
and haven't missed 'em .

July 1st it will be 19 year since I quit smoking; cold turkey.

I started in highschool and and quit when I was about 30. I went cold
turkey. Fast forward 17 years and my father was in the hospital dying of
cancer. We went down to visit daily. My bothers would slip out for a
smoke and I would go and keep them company. I made the mistake of
bumming a few cigarettes thinking that after all that time I could have
an occasional smoke. I was embarrassed to be bumming butts so I bought a
pack. It lasted more than a week. By the time we had the memorial
service for Dad I was a smoker again for a few months. Six months later
I went on a trip to Europe with my brothers. I didn't even buy
cigarettes at the duty free. I should have. I ended up craving over
there and paid a lot more for them. Spending a couple weeks with four
smokers I came back with a pack a day habit.

Shortly after that trip I quit again... cold turkey. That lasted until
my mother's funeral. I made the mistake of buying a pack. Spending time
around my brothers I once again developed the habit. I kept it up for a
few months but then went cold turkey again. That was 10 years ago. I
have no cravings. I find the smell of cigarette smoke to be really
offensive. It reminds me of the congestion I used to feel when I smoked.
Old 20-04-2019, 01:44 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/17/2019 10:41 PM, Nancy2 wrote:
Hey, Terry, I quit one month before you, but I had been smoking a lot longer than 25 years.
I also had quit once before for two years, so my expected baby would be healthy.
That baby was almost 9 pounds of healthy. So I started again practically in the delivery room.

I miss it often. But then I remember how it made my throat feel, and how it made my clothes
smell, and am not tempted. ;-))

N.

Uhh , Nancy , add 'em up . I smoked for 40 years , 1965 to 2005 . It was
25 years in 1990 .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Old 21-04-2019, 04:02 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry, my bad. Sorry. ;-//. I missed the "1990" part. I started smoking in 1958, because it was
"cool," and "grown-up." Big mistake, that.

I read somewhere that it takes most women a lot longer/ harder to quit because they "wear so many
hats," ... Certainly more than most men, IMO .... In my experience, that is true.

OTOH, a female xo-worker ran out of matches one day, and quit. ;-))

N.
Old 21-04-2019, 04:09 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 20 Apr 2019 20:02:20 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
wrote:

Terry, my bad. Sorry. ;-//. I missed the "1990" part. I started smoking in 1958, because it was
"cool," and "grown-up." Big mistake, that.

I read somewhere that it takes most women a lot longer/ harder to quit because they "wear so many
hats," ... Certainly more than most men, IMO .... In my experience, that is true.

No, they're called the weaker sex for a reason.
Old 21-04-2019, 04:10 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

No one ever called 911 after a cigarette. Cigs killed them after. Everyone quits smoking in the end.
Puff, puff, pass.

I quit, and I am so happy..
Still can not breathe worth a crap and the ole ticker has almost
ticked out but hell I quit.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

i quit in 1983. haven't had a cig since.

That's what happens when you quit.
Old 21-04-2019, 04:11 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 18 Apr 2019 08:39:09 -0400, Dave Smith

On 2019-04-17 11:41 p.m., Nancy2 wrote:
Hey, Terry, I quit one month before you, but I had been smoking a lot
longer than 25 years. I also had quit once before for two years, so
my expected baby would be healthy. That baby was almost 9 pounds of
healthy. So I started again practically in the delivery room.

I miss it often. But then I remember how it made my throat feel, and
how it made my clothes smell, and am not tempted. ;-))

Most places around here do not allow smoking in public places.

Really? Really?? That's so unusual! Except in the entire western
world, of course.

Tell us more, Dave.