Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default New food safety guidelines expected after spike in meat and poultry recalls

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...ecalls-n979161
or
http://tinyurl.com/y3mnes8f
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 04 Mar 2019 17:10:15 -0700, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...ecalls-n979161
>or
>http://tinyurl.com/y3mnes8f

We are moving back to The Jungle.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 04 Mar 2019 20:02:55 -0500, Boron Elgar
> wrote:

>On Mon, 04 Mar 2019 17:10:15 -0700, U.S. Janet B. >
>wrote:
>

>>https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...ecalls-n979161
>>or
>>http://tinyurl.com/y3mnes8f

>We are moving back to The Jungle.

that's the goal, isn't it?
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message
news

> https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...ecalls-n979161
> or
> http://tinyurl.com/y3mnes8f

Good! Costco is driving me nuts over the tainted nuggets. Angela bought some
but I used my card so they kept contacting me even after she got the refund.

I haven't been eating too much meat these days. Maybe once or twice a week.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, March 4, 2019 at 8:57:03 PM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:

> I haven't been eating too much meat these days. Maybe once or twice a week.

Like we care.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, March 4, 2019 at 7:10:21 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...ecalls-n979161
> or
> http://tinyurl.com/y3mnes8f

I'll believe it when I see it. The words "advise" and "voluntary guidelines"
pretty much translate to "if we feel like it" on the part of manufacturers.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

U.S Janet B wrote:

> https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...ecalls-n979161
> or
> http://tinyurl.com/y3mnes8f

parts is parts!

songbird
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 04 Mar 2019 17:10:15 -0700, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...ecalls-n979161
> or
> http://tinyurl.com/y3mnes8f

Timely recalls of bacteria-laden meat would be more appreciated.
Not 6-8 weeks later after the products are already out of date and
most all have been eaten.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 5 Mar 2019 09:33:54 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Mon, 04 Mar 2019 17:10:15 -0700, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>
>> https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...ecalls-n979161
>> or
>> http://tinyurl.com/y3mnes8f

>Timely recalls of bacteria-laden meat would be more appreciated.
>Not 6-8 weeks later after the products are already out of date and
>most all have been eaten.
>
>-sw

that calls for more tracking and reporting from all the players and
you know that isn't what the big boys want. In fact, we are cutting
back on funds for better oversight. Your tax dollars at work to build
that great big beautiful wall in your backyard ;-)
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/4/2019 8:28 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Mon, 04 Mar 2019 20:02:55 -0500, Boron Elgar
> > wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 04 Mar 2019 17:10:15 -0700, U.S. Janet B. >
>> wrote:
>>

>>> https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...ecalls-n979161
>>> or
>>> http://tinyurl.com/y3mnes8f

>> We are moving back to The Jungle.

> that's the goal, isn't it?
> Janet US

Ye, AOC wants to eliminate fossil fuels and airplanes with the Green New
Deal so it is back to the cave.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 5 Mar 2019 13:21:58 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 3/4/2019 8:28 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> On Mon, 04 Mar 2019 20:02:55 -0500, Boron Elgar
>> > wrote:

>>> We are moving back to The Jungle.

>> that's the goal, isn't it?
>> Janet US
>>

>Ye, AOC wants to eliminate fossil fuels and airplanes with the Green New
>Deal so it is back to the cave.

You've been drinking Kool-Aid, haven't you?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/5/2019 10:33 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Mon, 04 Mar 2019 17:10:15 -0700, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>
>> https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...ecalls-n979161
>> or
>> http://tinyurl.com/y3mnes8f

> Timely recalls of bacteria-laden meat would be more appreciated.
> Not 6-8 weeks later after the products are already out of date and
> most all have been eaten.
>
> -sw

If it is bacteria laden it should not be shipped to start with. Perhaps
testing has to be improved, not wait until a dozen people get the trots.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/4/2019 11:28 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2019-03-04 11:12 p.m., wrote:
>> On Monday, March 4, 2019 at 8:57:03 PM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
>>>
>>> I haven't been eating too much meat these days. Maybe once or twice a
>>> week.
>>>

>> Like we care.
>>

> That means that she won't have as much meat to cook and freeze as soon
> as she gets home from shopping.

To be fair, she never did eat much meat.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 5 Mar 2019 14:47:21 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 3/5/2019 10:33 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Mon, 04 Mar 2019 17:10:15 -0700, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>>
>>> https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...ecalls-n979161
>>> or
>>> http://tinyurl.com/y3mnes8f

>> Timely recalls of bacteria-laden meat would be more appreciated.
>> Not 6-8 weeks later after the products are already out of date and
>> most all have been eaten.
>>
>> -sw
>>

>If it is bacteria laden it should not be shipped to start with. Perhaps
>testing has to be improved, not wait until a dozen people get the trots.

reach into your pocket for more tax dollars. That testing and
checking doesn't come free. And, elect officials who think food
safety is more important than tax breaks for the ultra rich.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 05 Mar 2019 15:59:00 -0700, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>On Tue, 5 Mar 2019 14:47:21 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>>> Timely recalls of bacteria-laden meat would be more appreciated.
>>> Not 6-8 weeks later after the products are already out of date and
>>> most all have been eaten.
>>>
>>> -sw
>>>

>>If it is bacteria laden it should not be shipped to start with. Perhaps
>>testing has to be improved, not wait until a dozen people get the trots.

>reach into your pocket for more tax dollars. That testing and
>checking doesn't come free. And, elect officials who think food
>safety is more important than tax breaks for the ultra rich.

Touché!