Old 13-02-2019, 05:50 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT: We have one less resident now.

On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 02:35:26 +1100, Bruce
wrote:

On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 08:48:55 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 11:14:01 +1100, Bruce
wrote:

On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 20:03:58 -0400,
wrote:

On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 10:15:46 +1100, Bruce
wrote:

On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 18:50:38 -0400,
wrote:

I haven't had to lose two in quick succession but can imagine how
awful that is It's too bad their lives are so much shorter than
ours.

I wouldn't want them to survive us either. God knows what will happen
to them. So I guess it's a matter of not getting new ones if they
might survive you. Maybe by getting older cats from the cat shelter.

That is what I would do, they don't find it too easy to find homes for
the older cats. However, since my soon to be 5 year old was wished on
and I had little choice, I have made arrangements with my son-in-law
that he will take her if I croak before her.

It's good to have a plan B with a reliable person. Giving a friendly
older cat a few good last years sounds rewarding too.

The cat I had before this came to me after the death of another cat, a
woman here up on the 4th floor died, no relatives, nothing. She had
worked for the government. Idiot had not made a will so the Public
Attorney steps in. He found the cat in the closet and asked the super
for a box to take her for 'extermination' - so sucker became her new
owner.

What made me mad was he gave me a vet record that was in her paperwork
which showed the cat was then 4 years old and had been spayed. At the
time she took that kitten on, she was 84! The most frustrating thing
was that having no will, everything went to the government, she could
have at least made a will leaving it all to the cat shelter!

You'd think she thought she was immortal. Lucky cat that you were
prepared to take her.

She was a fancy Persian Himalayan, so when she was gone at age 16, her
kidneys failed, and my friend called to ask me to take on the cat I
have now, I only asked 'long or short fur?' - If it had been long,
never again! Winnie is a nice, short-haired silver tabby.

Old 13-02-2019, 09:34 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

We have a short-haired male and his long-haired sister. What's wrong
with long-haired? The fur that's laying around?

Yes, fur everywhere didn't suit me - hated the way it collected on
hardwood.