Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Msg

On Tue, 15 Jan 2019 14:39:52 +0000, Ophelia wrote:

> We can buy Aromat which is a similar thing. It has MSG but also a lot
> of other stuff mixed in too.

I'm not a big Aromat fan. It is *mostly* MSG with a few pinches each of
other dried powdered spices thrown in (when we get down to the container
size one buys in the stores). I've taken a tour through one of the local
plants here that makes it under licence and have seen 'how it's made'.
They make stock cubes there too.

The place was very clean and all that, but the smell really put me off.
The 'mixed aroma' of the various spices they use (which are stored in
huge silo-type thingies) hanging in the air was awful. blech. I haven't
bought any since.
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ChattyCathy" wrote in message ...

On Tue, 15 Jan 2019 14:39:52 +0000, Ophelia wrote:

> We can buy Aromat which is a similar thing. It has MSG but also a lot
> of other stuff mixed in too.

I'm not a big Aromat fan. It is *mostly* MSG with a few pinches each of
other dried powdered spices thrown in (when we get down to the container
size one buys in the stores). I've taken a tour through one of the local
plants here that makes it under licence and have seen 'how it's made'.
They make stock cubes there too.

The place was very clean and all that, but the smell really put me off.
The 'mixed aroma' of the various spices they use (which are stored in
huge silo-type thingies) hanging in the air was awful. blech. I haven't
bought any since.

Cheers
Chatty Cathy

==

Oh dear. I haven't smelled anything bad from it. I don't use it much but I
do have some in my store.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, ChattyCathy
\
> I'm not a big Aromat fan. It is *mostly* MSG with a few pinches each of
> other dried powdered spices thrown in (when we get down to the container
> size one buys in the stores). I've taken a tour through one of the local
> plants here that makes it under licence and have seen 'how it's made'.
> They make stock cubes there too.

Wow! We haven't heard from you in a long, long time. Thanks for keeping
the RFC website for so many years out of the kindness of your heart.
Did you post something recently that I missed and have already heard
welcome backs?

leo