Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Watch Out Judge Judy. . .

Judge Jerry is coming. . .

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/je...D=ansmsnnews11

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> Judge Jerry is coming. . .
>
> https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/je...D=ansmsnnews11

He did The People's Court a few years ago, he was fun to watch, but he said
he got tired of it, so we'll see. I guess Judy is retiring to spend more
time with her family last I heard.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 26 Nov 2018 10:30:20 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

> wrote in message
.. .
>> Judge Jerry is coming. . .
>>
>> https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/je...D=ansmsnnews11
>>

>He did The People's Court a few years ago, he was fun to watch, but he said
>he got tired of it, so we'll see. I guess Judy is retiring to spend more
>time with her family last I heard.

Poor family!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 26 Nov 2018 10:30:20 -0800, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
> wrote in message
. ..
>>> Judge Jerry is coming. . .
>>>
>>> https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/je...D=ansmsnnews11
>>>

>>He did The People's Court a few years ago, he was fun to watch, but he
>>said
>>he got tired of it, so we'll see. I guess Judy is retiring to spend more
>>time with her family last I heard.

> Poor family!

I love JJ, she would be welcome in my family.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 27 Nov 2018 06:04:30 +1100, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Mon, 26 Nov 2018 10:30:20 -0800, "Cheri" >
>wrote:
>
> wrote in message
. ..
>>> Judge Jerry is coming. . .
>>>
>>> https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/je...D=ansmsnnews11
>>>

>>He did The People's Court a few years ago, he was fun to watch, but he said
>>he got tired of it, so we'll see. I guess Judy is retiring to spend more
>>time with her family last I heard.

>Poor family!

Being the highest paid TV performer I dought she is poor.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 26 Nov 2018 11:15:34 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Bruce" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Mon, 26 Nov 2018 10:30:20 -0800, "Cheri" >
>> wrote:

>>>He did The People's Court a few years ago, he was fun to watch, but he
>>>said
>>>he got tired of it, so we'll see. I guess Judy is retiring to spend more
>>>time with her family last I heard.

>> Poor family

>I love JJ, she would be welcome in my family.
>
>Cheri

Being the highet paid TV performer I seriously doubt Judy is poor.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 26 Nov 2018 19:35:56 -0500, wrote:

>On Tue, 27 Nov 2018 06:04:30 +1100, Bruce >
>wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 26 Nov 2018 10:30:20 -0800, "Cheri" >
>>wrote:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/je...D=ansmsnnews11

>>>He did The People's Court a few years ago, he was fun to watch, but he said
>>>he got tired of it, so we'll see. I guess Judy is retiring to spend more
>>>time with her family last I heard.

>>Poor family!

>Being the highest paid TV performer I dought she is poor.

I didn't say poor JJ.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Nov 2018 19:35:56 -0500, wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 27 Nov 2018 06:04:30 +1100, Bruce >
>> wrote:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/je...D=ansmsnnews11

>>> Poor family!

>> Being the highest paid TV performer I dought she is poor.

> I didn't say poor JJ.

It's just the Crystal Palace.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, November 26, 2018 at 11:58:40 AM UTC-6, Sheldon wrote:
> Judge Jerry is coming. . .
>
> https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/je...D=ansmsnnews11

wow she is the meanest woman in the world!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/27/2018 11:10 AM, rosie wrote:
> On Monday, November 26, 2018 at 11:58:40 AM UTC-6, Sheldon wrote:
>> Judge Jerry is coming. . .
>>
>> https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/je...D=ansmsnnews11

> wow she is the meanest woman in the world!!!

She's lost it with old age. Though always a sharp tongue, she has been
getting more nasty and critical and less of situations where she would
explain actual nuance in the law that is not so intuitive. Sometimes it
is time to retire.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 27 Nov 2018, Ed Pawlowski wrote
(in article >):

> On 11/27/2018 11:10 AM, rosie wrote:
> > On Monday, November 26, 2018 at 11:58:40 AM UTC-6, Sheldon wrote:
> > > Judge Jerry is coming. . .
> > >
> > > https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/je...trashy-talk-to
> > > -%E2%80%98judge-jerry%E2%80%99-court-show-with-nbcuniversal/ar-BBQ75uv?OCID
> > > =ansmsnnews11

> > wow she is the meanest woman in the world!!!

> She's lost it with old age. Though always a sharp tongue, she has been
> getting more nasty and critical and less of situations where she would
> explain actual nuance in the law that is not so intuitive. Sometimes it
> is time to retire.

You will not have seen Judge Romesh...

Its a UK-style send up of Judge Judy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Fruitiest of Fruitcakes" > wrote in message
news.com...
> On 27 Nov 2018, Ed Pawlowski wrote
> (in article >):

>> > wow she is the meanest woman in the world!!!

>> She's lost it with old age. Though always a sharp tongue, she has been
>> getting more nasty and critical and less of situations where she would
>> explain actual nuance in the law that is not so intuitive. Sometimes it
>> is time to retire.

> You will not have seen Judge Romesh...
>
> Its a UK-style send up of Judge Judy.

She has lost nothing with old age IMO, I'm sorry to see her retire.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 26 Nov 2018 12:58:32 -0500, wrote:

> Judge Jerry is coming. . .

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/je...D=ansmsnnews11

The best news in this article is that the Jerry Springer Show is out
of production. But with over 4,000 episodes it has the potential to
be aired after 10:PM until the Second Coming (and will probably even
speed that up).

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> On Mon, 26 Nov 2018 11:15:34 -0800, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
>>"Bruce" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Mon, 26 Nov 2018 10:30:20 -0800, "Cheri" >
>>> wrote:
>>>
> wrote in message
m...

>>> Poor family

>>I love JJ, she would be welcome in my family.

Judge Judy is the biggest **** TV has ever seen. She would be
kicked off the bench and stripped of her credentials if she only
applied 1/10th of her ****ness in an actual courtroom. She pretty
much defines the absurdity of "Reality" TV and why these shows are
so popular with the "Under 95" demographic that account for 47% of
the United States population.

Her behavior, logic, fairness, attitude, and disregard of actual
laws and court procedure on TV would be reason to vacate any orders
she's ever handed down as a real judge had she not been a family
court judge (as it's way too late to reconsider those orders and be
meaningful).

So its no wonder that Cheri loves her. Pick up your free "Under 95"
bumper sticker on your way out.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 27 Nov 2018 11:39:38 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> She's lost it with old age. Though always a sharp tongue, she has been
> getting more nasty and critical and less of situations where she would
> explain actual nuance in the law that is not so intuitive. Sometimes it
> is time to retire.

Kind of like some of us have been hardened and lost patience by
hanging out on Usenet too long ;-)

In my defense, and that of many others, we have many more moments of
clarity than Judge Judy.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message

> So its no wonder that Cheri loves her. Pick up your free "Under 95"
> bumper sticker on your way out.
>
> -sw

I imagine you are the very type of sad sack person she takes off on, "normal
people with normal problems do just fine and are interesting. I prefer this
bumper sticker on Judge Judy's car in your case.

https://postimg.cc/6433Y00F/7dbdd2f2

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 27 Nov 2018 21:25:38 GMT, Pamela >
wrote:

>On 19:15 26 Nov 2018, "Cheri" > wrote in
>news >
>> "Bruce" > wrote in message

>>> Poor family!

>> I love JJ, she would be welcome in my family.
>>
>> Cheri

>I like Judge Judy too. She cuts straight through to the heart of the
>matter.

A judge should be intelligent, balanced and maybe even wise, and not a
snarky bitch with a sharp tongue and a bad temper.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Nov 2018 21:25:38 GMT, Pamela >
> wrote:
>
>> On 19:15 26 Nov 2018, "Cheri" > wrote in
>> news >>

>>> I love JJ, she would be welcome in my family.
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> I like Judge Judy too. She cuts straight through to the heart of the
>> matter.

> A judge should be intelligent, balanced and maybe even wise, and not a
> snarky bitch with a sharp tongue and a bad temper.

It may be just for show. Court cases are mostly boring as hell, so they
may just have her put on a show for the viewers.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 27 Nov 2018 16:16:28 -0600, Hank Rogers >
wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>> On Tue, 27 Nov 2018 21:25:38 GMT, Pamela >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> On 19:15 26 Nov 2018, "Cheri" > wrote in
>>> news >>>

>>> I like Judge Judy too. She cuts straight through to the heart of the
>>> matter.

>> A judge should be intelligent, balanced and maybe even wise, and not a
>> snarky bitch with a sharp tongue and a bad temper.
>>

>It may be just for show. Court cases are mostly boring as hell, so they
>may just have her put on a show for the viewers.

That's no doubt true, but are here verdicts binding or also just for
show?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Nov 2018 16:16:28 -0600, Hank Rogers >
> wrote:
>
>> Bruce wrote:

>>> A judge should be intelligent, balanced and maybe even wise, and not a
>>> snarky bitch with a sharp tongue and a bad temper.
>>>

>> It may be just for show. Court cases are mostly boring as hell, so they
>> may just have her put on a show for the viewers.

> That's no doubt true, but are here verdicts binding or also just for
> show?

Naw, those are just BS TV shows. It's not a real court, just a game
show. Some of them give the contestants a certain amount of money,
enough to cover the "judgement" if they loose.

So after the show, a person never looses a penny. They leave with
anywhere from $0 up to twice the amount of the pot of money originally
given.

The Judge Bitchy show is no different than Jerry Springer show ... pure
hogwash.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, November 27, 2018 at 5:31:41 PM UTC-6, Hank Rogers wrote:

> Naw, those are just BS TV shows. It's not a real court, just a game
> show. Some of them give the contestants a certain amount of money,
> enough to cover the "judgement" if they loose.
>
> So after the show, a person never looses a penny. They leave with
> anywhere from $0 up to twice the amount of the pot of money originally
> given.
>
> The Judge Bitchy show is no different than Jerry Springer show ... pure
> hogwash.

https://blogs.findlaw.com/celebrity_...dge-shows.html

Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Cheri wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>
> > So its no wonder that Cheri loves her. Pick up your free "Under 95"
> > bumper sticker on your way out.
> >
> > -sw

> I imagine you are the very type of sad sack person she takes off on, "normal
> people with normal problems do just fine and are interesting. I prefer this
> bumper sticker on Judge Judy's car in your case.
>
> https://postimg.cc/6433Y00F/7dbdd2f2

BWAHAHAHAHAAAAAA........EXCELLENT.......!!!!!!

Can you imagine the MOPE Steve in front of Judge Judy, she'd reduce him to a steaming pile of *rubble* in a New Yawk Minute...!!!

Lol...

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Sheldon wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Nov 2018 11:15:34 -0800, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
> >"Bruce" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >> On Mon, 26 Nov 2018 10:30:20 -0800, "Cheri" >
> >> wrote:

> >> Poor family

> >I love JJ, she would be welcome in my family.
> >
> >Cheri

> Being the highet paid TV performer I seriously doubt Judy is poor.

Yup...she's a real, real *great* and *successful* little lady...her wealth is just frosting on the cake...thus many are simply jealous of her.

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"GM" > wrote in message

> Can you imagine the MOPE Steve in front of Judge Judy, she'd reduce him to
> a steaming pile of *rubble* in a New Yawk Minute...!!!
>
> Lol...
>

> --
> Best
> Greg

I would actually pay to see that. He'd be right out there in the open with
JJ taking him down, not hiding behind his computer making snide remarks.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 27 Nov 2018 17:31:40 -0600, Hank Rogers >
wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>> On Tue, 27 Nov 2018 16:16:28 -0600, Hank Rogers >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> It may be just for show. Court cases are mostly boring as hell, so they
>>> may just have her put on a show for the viewers.

>> That's no doubt true, but are here verdicts binding or also just for
>> show?
>>

>Naw, those are just BS TV shows. It's not a real court, just a game
>show. Some of them give the contestants a certain amount of money,
>enough to cover the "judgement" if they loose.
>
>So after the show, a person never looses a penny. They leave with
>anywhere from $0 up to twice the amount of the pot of money originally
>given.
>
>The Judge Bitchy show is no different than Jerry Springer show ... pure
>hogwash.

Oh ok, it's even worse than I thought.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 27 Nov 2018 15:50:53 -0800 (PST), GM
> wrote:

>Sheldon wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 26 Nov 2018 11:15:34 -0800, "Cheri" >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >"Bruce" > wrote in message
>> .. .

>> >I love JJ, she would be welcome in my family.
>> >
>> >Cheri

>> Being the highet paid TV performer I seriously doubt Judy is poor.

>Yup...she's a real, real *great* and *successful* little lady...her wealth is just frosting on the cake...thus many are simply jealous of her.

LOL. You drool at everything that's right-wing. You lose all ability
to be critical when you know someone's conservative. Must be something
in your childhood.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/27/2018 5:21 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Nov 2018 16:16:28 -0600, Hank Rogers >
> wrote:
>
>> Bruce wrote:

>>> A judge should be intelligent, balanced and maybe even wise, and not a
>>> snarky bitch with a sharp tongue and a bad temper.
>>>

>> It may be just for show. Court cases are mostly boring as hell, so they
>> may just have her put on a show for the viewers.

> That's no doubt true, but are here verdicts binding or also just for
> show?

Verdicts are binding but you can't lose. The winner is paid from a pot
of $5000 and they split the leftover.

As for being a snarky bitch, this is about TV ratings, not justice.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 27 Nov 2018 19:34:12 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 11/27/2018 5:21 PM, Bruce wrote:
>> On Tue, 27 Nov 2018 16:16:28 -0600, Hank Rogers >
>> wrote:

>>> It may be just for show. Court cases are mostly boring as hell, so they
>>> may just have her put on a show for the viewers.

>> That's no doubt true, but are here verdicts binding or also just for
>> show?
>>

>Verdicts are binding but you can't lose. The winner is paid from a pot
>of $5000 and they split the leftover.
>
>As for being a snarky bitch, this is about TV ratings, not justice.

In my country, "judge" really means something. There's a Dutch TV
judge. He's a friendly, mild-mannered man. His cases are real and his
verdicts are binding. Ratings are important for that show too, but not
at the expense of everything.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 11/27/2018 5:21 PM, Bruce wrote:
>> On Tue, 27 Nov 2018 16:16:28 -0600, Hank Rogers >
>> wrote:

>>> It may be just for show. Court cases are mostly boring as hell, so they
>>> may just have her put on a show for the viewers.

>> That's no doubt true, but are here verdicts binding or also just for
>> show?
>>

> Verdicts are binding but you can't lose. The winner is paid from a pot
> of $5000 and they split the leftover.
>
> As for being a snarky bitch, this is about TV ratings, not justice.

Exactly. I've never met her, but she might turn out to be a nice person
who can *act* the character role. Just like Don Rickles was a master at
playing an asshole.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I like JJudy. GMA mentioned yesterday that her income last year was $147M! Springer just wants some
of that action to build up his retirement fund.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, November 27, 2018 at 2:34:12 PM UTC-10, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> Verdicts are binding but you can't lose. The winner is paid from a pot
> of $5000 and they split the leftover.
>
> As for being a snarky bitch, this is about TV ratings, not justice.

It's probably the best deal the parties will ever get. The plaintiff will agree to drop the suit in return for getting some guaranteed dough. The defendant will get zero or some money. My guess is that they have to be assured some money to be willing to go on TV and possibly be abused.

You're right that it doesn't matter if people on Usenet don't approve of her schtick. What matters is the 10 million viewers that watch her daily.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 28 Nov 2018 14:41:37 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Tuesday, November 27, 2018 at 2:34:12 PM UTC-10, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>
>> Verdicts are binding but you can't lose. The winner is paid from a pot
>> of $5000 and they split the leftover.
>>
>> As for being a snarky bitch, this is about TV ratings, not justice.

>It's probably the best deal the parties will ever get. The plaintiff will agree to drop the suit in return for getting some guaranteed dough. The defendant will get zero or some money. My guess is that they have to be assured some money to be willing to go on TV and possibly be abused.
>
>You're right that it doesn't matter if people on Usenet don't approve of her schtick. What matters is the 10 million viewers that watch her daily.

To me, what counts is what I think about it. Or what the person I'm
talking to thinks about it. Those 10 million viewers can go sit on the
sharp end of a pineapple and spin.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Look up judge julie. Sex court.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 28 Nov 2018 14:41:37 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
> wrote:
>
>>On Tuesday, November 27, 2018 at 2:34:12 PM UTC-10, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>>
>>> Verdicts are binding but you can't lose. The winner is paid from a pot
>>> of $5000 and they split the leftover.
>>>
>>> As for being a snarky bitch, this is about TV ratings, not justice.

>>It's probably the best deal the parties will ever get. The plaintiff will
>>agree to drop the suit in return for getting some guaranteed dough. The
>>defendant will get zero or some money. My guess is that they have to be
>>assured some money to be willing to go on TV and possibly be abused.
>>
>>You're right that it doesn't matter if people on Usenet don't approve of
>>her schtick. What matters is the 10 million viewers that watch her daily.

> To me, what counts is what I think about it. Or what the person I'm
> talking to thinks about it. Those 10 million viewers can go sit on the
> sharp end of a pineapple and spin.

It only matters what I think about what I watch or not too, but the sponsors
are really happy that I do, especially the Dole Pineapple people.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On Tuesday, November 27, 2018 at 2:34:12 PM UTC-10, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>
>> Verdicts are binding but you can't lose. The winner is paid from a pot
>> of $5000 and they split the leftover.
>>
>> As for being a snarky bitch, this is about TV ratings, not justice.

>It's probably the best deal the parties will ever get. The plaintiff will
>agree to drop the suit in return for getting some guaranteed dough. The
>defendant will get zero or some money. My guess is that they have to be
>assured some money to be willing to go on TV and possibly be abused.
>
>You're right that it doesn't matter if people on Usenet don't approve of
>her schtick. What matters is the 10 million viewers that watch her daily.

To me, what counts is what I think about it. Or what the person I'm
talking to thinks about it. Those 10 million viewers can go sit on the
sharp end of a pineapple and spin.
===

Ackkk ouch!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Thomas wrote:

> Look up judge julie. Sex court.

and all judgements come above. :-D (get it?)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 27 Nov 2018, Pamela wrote:

> On 19:15 26 Nov 2018, "Cheri" > wrote in
> news >
>> "Bruce" > wrote in message

>>> Poor family!

>> I love JJ, she would be welcome in my family.
>>
>> Cheri

> I like Judge Judy too. She cuts straight through to the heart of the
> matter.

I've been on bit of a Judge Judy binge lately. I DVR the episodes, and
then sit down and watch a couple or more in the evening when there's
nothing else on that I want to see. I'm just always amazed at how
clueless people are.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 28 Nov 2018, Bruce wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Nov 2018 21:25:38 GMT, Pamela >
> wrote:
>
>> On 19:15 26 Nov 2018, "Cheri" > wrote in
>> news >>

>>> I love JJ, she would be welcome in my family.
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> I like Judge Judy too. She cuts straight through to the heart of the
>> matter.

> A judge should be intelligent, balanced and maybe even wise, and not a
> snarky bitch with a sharp tongue and a bad temper.

She's a TV judge, you know that, right?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 27 Nov 2018, Nancy2 wrote:

> I like JJudy. GMA mentioned yesterday that her income last year was $147M! Springer just wants some
> of that action to build up his retirement fund.

But Springer is a smarmy low-brow show.

JJ hasn't yet resorted to bringing on strippers, cheaters, drag queens and
a score of other tasteless encounters where everyone simply yells at each
other and then gets into a slap-fight.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 30 Nov 2018 20:43:36 -0600, barbie gee >
wrote:

>On Wed, 28 Nov 2018, Bruce wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 27 Nov 2018 21:25:38 GMT, Pamela >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> On 19:15 26 Nov 2018, "Cheri" > wrote in
>>> news >>>

>>> I like Judge Judy too. She cuts straight through to the heart of the
>>> matter.

>> A judge should be intelligent, balanced and maybe even wise, and not a
>> snarky bitch with a sharp tongue and a bad temper.
>>

>She's a TV judge, you know that, right?

Yes, ma'am.

RIP Judy Rodgers Bi!! Wine 1 04-12-2013 08:09 PM
Thnx to Judy Haffner notbob General Cooking 6 15-08-2012 10:56 PM
what Judy does Giusi General Cooking 35 04-02-2012 04:17 AM
Judy's Tenderloin 7Hawks Recipes 0 20-11-2004 10:04 PM
Judy's "Ten Pound" Fudge Richard Recipes (moderated) 0 15-11-2003 03:51 PM