Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner 9/19/2018

A hot ham & swiss grilled cheese sandwich and a cup of wild rice soup.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 18:45:29 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>A hot ham & swiss grilled cheese sandwich and a cup of wild rice soup.

Living on the edge... and beyond!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>A hot ham & swiss grilled cheese sandwich and a cup of wild rice soup.
>
>Jill

chicken tortilla soup for us tonight. I caught a 98 cent a pound deal
for chicken thighs yesterday. I picked all my peppers (hot and not
hot- a half bushel +) yesterday and processed those today for the
freezer. I also have almost a bushel of tomatoes that need something
done to them. There's the base for chicken tortilla soup.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/19/2018 6:56 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 18:45:29 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> A hot ham & swiss grilled cheese sandwich and a cup of wild rice soup.
>>
>> Jill

> chicken tortilla soup for us tonight. I caught a 98 cent a pound deal
> for chicken thighs yesterday. I picked all my peppers (hot and not
> hot- a half bushel +) yesterday and processed those today for the
> freezer. I also have almost a bushel of tomatoes that need something
> done to them. There's the base for chicken tortilla soup.
> Janet US

I love soup but I've never made chicken tortilla soup. I really should
try it sometime. Enjoy!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 20:47:59 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 16:56:17 -0600, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>
>> chicken tortilla soup for us tonight. I caught a 98 cent a pound deal
>> for chicken thighs yesterday. I picked all my peppers (hot and not
>> hot- a half bushel +) yesterday and processed those today for the
>> freezer. I also have almost a bushel of tomatoes that need something
>> done to them. There's the base for chicken tortilla soup.

>Chicken thighs are always $.99/lb here.

This week at Tops
USDA A Grade
Fresh Homestyle Roasting Chicken
Juicy and Flavorful, Also, Great for Soup
99 ¢ lb.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/19/2018 9:47 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 16:56:17 -0600, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>
>> chicken tortilla soup for us tonight. I caught a 98 cent a pound deal
>> for chicken thighs yesterday. I picked all my peppers (hot and not
>> hot- a half bushel +) yesterday and processed those today for the
>> freezer. I also have almost a bushel of tomatoes that need something
>> done to them. There's the base for chicken tortilla soup.

> Chicken thighs are always $.99/lb here - never seen them higher in
> the brand I buy. nor lower for that matter ;-) It's what I'm
> having tonight. Seasoned with a chicken fajita seasoning and
> roasted with chimichurri sauce on the side. White potato quarters
> (boiled, oiled, seasoned, and roasted), and soybean pods.
>
> The chicken cooked quicker than I expected at 415F and got up to
> 200F at the bone, but was still tender and moist.
>
> -sw

I *wish* I could find chicken thighs at that price. Chicken costs a lot
more than that down here.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 23:32:54 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 9/19/2018 9:47 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>> Chicken thighs are always $.99/lb here - never seen them higher in
>> the brand I buy. nor lower for that matter ;-) It's what I'm
>> having tonight. Seasoned with a chicken fajita seasoning and
>> roasted with chimichurri sauce on the side. White potato quarters
>> (boiled, oiled, seasoned, and roasted), and soybean pods.
>>
>> The chicken cooked quicker than I expected at 415F and got up to
>> 200F at the bone, but was still tender and moist.
>>
>> -sw
>>

>I *wish* I could find chicken thighs at that price. Chicken costs a lot
>more than that down here.

Maybe you don't buy tortured industry chickens like Janet US and
Sqwertz apparently do. Yuck.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On 9/19/2018 9:47 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 16:56:17 -0600, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>>
>>> chicken tortilla soup for us tonight. I caught a 98 cent a pound deal
>>> for chicken thighs yesterday. I picked all my peppers (hot and not
>>> hot- a half bushel +) yesterday and processed those today for the
>>> freezer. I also have almost a bushel of tomatoes that need something
>>> done to them. There's the base for chicken tortilla soup.

>> Chicken thighs are always $.99/lb here - never seen them higher in
>> the brand I buy. nor lower for that matter ;-) It's what I'm
>> having tonight. Seasoned with a chicken fajita seasoning and
>> roasted with chimichurri sauce on the side. White potato quarters
>> (boiled, oiled, seasoned, and roasted), and soybean pods.
>>
>> The chicken cooked quicker than I expected at 415F and got up to
>> 200F at the bone, but was still tender and moist.
>>
>> -sw
>>

>I *wish* I could find chicken thighs at that price. Chicken costs a lot
>more than that down here.
>
>Jill

I always buy a bunch of them when I get them at that price. Chicken
thighs can be used for so many dishes. I also buy chicken breasts
when they are on sale for .$99. I don't know why chicken is expensive
near you. That's a big industry in the Carolinas.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 22:20:18 -0600, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 23:32:54 -0400, jmcquown >
>wrote:

>>> Chicken thighs are always $.99/lb here - never seen them higher in
>>> the brand I buy. nor lower for that matter ;-) It's what I'm
>>> having tonight. Seasoned with a chicken fajita seasoning and
>>> roasted with chimichurri sauce on the side. White potato quarters
>>> (boiled, oiled, seasoned, and roasted), and soybean pods.
>>>
>>> The chicken cooked quicker than I expected at 415F and got up to
>>> 200F at the bone, but was still tender and moist.
>>>
>>> -sw
>>>

>>I *wish* I could find chicken thighs at that price. Chicken costs a lot
>>more than that down here.
>>
>>Jill

>I always buy a bunch of them when I get them at that price. Chicken
>thighs can be used for so many dishes. I also buy chicken breasts
>when they are on sale for .$99. I don't know why chicken is expensive
>near you. That's a big industry in the Carolinas.

If you buy crap ingredients like that, who cares how you cook it? Go
to rec.food.cheap.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
>A hot ham & swiss grilled cheese sandwich and a cup of wild rice soup.

Quick Swiss Chard Supper over mashed potatoes. Roasted green beans on the
side.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, September 19, 2018 at 6:45:41 PM UTC-4, Jill McQuown wrote:
> A hot ham & swiss grilled cheese sandwich and a cup of wild rice soup.
>
> Jill

An easy weeknight supper of grilled skinless boneless chicken breast
topped with barbecue sauce. I ate mine in sandwich form between two
slices of multigrain bread. Coleslaw on the side.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-09-19 6:45 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> A hot ham & swiss grilled cheese sandwich and a cup of wild rice soup.

We were going to have meat loaf but I realized there was half a jar of
passada, so I made a pasta sauce with it and used the ground meat for
meatballs.... spaghetti and meat balls.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 21:22:52 -0600, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 21:58:44 -0400, wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 20:47:59 -0500, Sqwertz >
>>wrote:

>>>Chicken thighs are always $.99/lb here.

>>This week at Tops
>>USDA A Grade
>>Fresh Homestyle Roasting Chicken
>>Juicy and Flavorful, Also, Great for Soup
>>99 ¢ lb.
>>

>whole chickens are always 98 cents a pound here.

Depends on the size chicken, roasters generally cost more than
fryers.... actually 99¢ is high here for roasters, during warmer
months the price drops to 79¢... people tend to not do much oven
roasting during summer months.

>Chicken parts run a dollar to two dollars more per pound.
>I don't get whole chickens anymore.

I never buy chicken parts, they are not parts of the same chicken...
the diseased portions are used as cheapo pet food and fertilizer.
I prefer to cut up chickens myself, I do a cleaner job, I cut away
excess fat and innards... I like to pull out the rib bones, grab with
a paper towel. I usually cut a roaster into eighths and pan bake
those parts... takes me under ten minutes to disjoint.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message

> I never buy chicken parts, they are not parts of the same chicken...
> the diseased portions are used as cheapo pet food and fertilizer.

What a load-a-crap

Cheri
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 20 Sep 2018 06:58:04 -0500, heyjoe >
wrote:

>On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 23:32:54 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> I *wish* I could find chicken thighs at that price. Chicken costs a lot
>> more than that down here.

>Get ready to even more for chicken (and prolly eggs, too). Florenece
>has killed millions of chickens - both broilers and layers.

now there is an opportunity for Sheldon to see diseased chicken and
pork parts for sale. Personally, I'm waiting to see the 'flood'
(irony intended) of cars for sale.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, September 20, 2018 at 1:25:07 PM UTC-4, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Thu 20 Sep 2018 05:54:35a, Dave Smith told us...
>
> > On 2018-09-19 6:45 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> >> A hot ham & swiss grilled cheese sandwich and a cup of wild rice
> >> soup.
> >>

> > We were going to have meat loaf but I realized there was half a
> > jar of passada, so I made a pasta sauce with it and used the
> > ground meat for meatballs.... spaghetti and meat balls.
> >

> What is passada? The only reference I could find referred to music.

Passata. Some sort of pureed tomatoes.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2018-09-19 6:45 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> > A hot ham & swiss grilled cheese sandwich and a cup of wild rice soup.
> >

> We were going to have meat loaf but I realized there was half a jar of
> passada, so I made a pasta sauce with it and used the ground meat for
> meatballs.... spaghetti and meat balls.

Just me but I definitely would have picked meat loaf. I've been
craving it but naturally none on sale this week. Hopefully next
week. oh well.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-09-20 1:25 PM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Thu 20 Sep 2018 05:54:35a, Dave Smith told us...
>
>> On 2018-09-19 6:45 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>>> A hot ham & swiss grilled cheese sandwich and a cup of wild rice
>>> soup.
>>>

>> We were going to have meat loaf but I realized there was half a
>> jar of passada, so I made a pasta sauce with it and used the
>> ground meat for meatballs.... spaghetti and meat balls.
>>

> What is passada? The only reference I could find referred to music.

It's another typo. It should be passata.... uncooked tomato puree.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, September 20, 2018 at 2:32:12 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2018-09-20 1:25 PM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> >> We were going to have meat loaf but I realized there was half a
> >> jar of passada, so I made a pasta sauce with it and used the
> >> ground meat for meatballs.... spaghetti and meat balls.
> >>

> > What is passada? The only reference I could find referred to music.
> >

> It's another typo. It should be passata.... uncooked tomato puree.

If it's in a jar, do you buy it refrigerated? Otherwise, it's at
least minimally heated.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

https://i.postimg.cc/nLmpVNjY/Nation...a_Day_2018.jpg

> -sw
>
> -sw

*Ugh* I lost my appetite.

How can yoose think about food in the same post with Popeye's pee-pee?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-09-20 2:41 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Thursday, September 20, 2018 at 2:32:12 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2018-09-20 1:25 PM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>> On Thu 20 Sep 2018 05:54:35a, Dave Smith told us...

>>> What is passada? The only reference I could find referred to music.
>>>

>> It's another typo. It should be passata.... uncooked tomato puree.

> If it's in a jar, do you buy it refrigerated? Otherwise, it's at
> least minimally heated.

It comes in a jar, so it has to have been processed with heat. It makes
a great base for a pasta sauce. I usually saute some finely chopped
onion, garlic and red pepper, toss in some dried chili, oregano and
basil, a slosh of wine and simmer it for a while.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, September 20, 2018 at 9:42:48 AM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> People who live alone generally enjoy living a selfish life style.

Nothing wrong with that; you can have things exactly like you want them
and that includes meals. No fussing over what to watch on the TV either
nor quarrels about money.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 22:45:18 -0500, Sqwertz >
> >> wrote:

> > ObFood: It's National Pepperoni Pizza Day. Which doesn't mean you
> > can't add meatballs and jalapeno, too.
> >
> > https://i.postimg.cc/nLmpVNjY/Nation...a_Day_2018.jpg
> >
> > -sw

Hot dang, that looks good!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Thursday, September 20, 2018 at 9:42:48 AM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
>>
>> People who live alone generally enjoy living a selfish life style.
>>

> Nothing wrong with that; you can have things exactly like you want them
> and that includes meals. No fussing over what to watch on the TV either
> nor quarrels about money.

It can't be called selfish when you live alone, it's only selfish if you
indulge yourself at the expense of others that live with you. I imagine
Sheldon's wife is an expert on the subject of living with a selfish mate.
LOL

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, September 20, 2018 at 6:40:35 PM UTC-5, Cheri wrote:

> > wrote in message
>
> > On Thursday, September 20, 2018 at 9:42:48 AM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
> >>
> >> People who live alone generally enjoy living a selfish life style.
> >>

> > Nothing wrong with that; you can have things exactly like you want them
> > and that includes meals. No fussing over what to watch on the TV either
> > nor quarrels about money.

> It can't be called selfish when you live alone, it's only selfish if you
> indulge yourself at the expense of others that live with you. I imagine
> Sheldon's wife is an expert on the subject of living with a selfish mate.
> LOL
>
> Cheri

I think you nailed it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheri wrote:
> > wrote in message
>> On Thursday, September 20, 2018 at 9:42:48 AM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
>>>
>>> People who live alone generally enjoy living a selfish life style.
>>>

>> Nothing wrong with that; you can have things exactly like you want them
>> and that includes meals. No fussing over what to watch on the TV either
>> nor quarrels about money.

> It can't be called selfish when you live alone, it's only selfish if you
> indulge yourself at the expense of others that live with you. I imagine
> Sheldon's wife is an expert on the subject of living with a selfish
> mate. LOL
>
> Cheri

Yes, but she may be just as degenerate as penfart himself (may he rot in
Hell, amen).

It is oft said that birds of a feather flock together.

She may be as big an asshole as the little sailor boy, or even worse.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Hank Rogers" > wrote in message
news
> Cheri wrote:
>> > wrote in message

>>> Nothing wrong with that; you can have things exactly like you want them
>>> and that includes meals. No fussing over what to watch on the TV either
>>> nor quarrels about money.

>> It can't be called selfish when you live alone, it's only selfish if you
>> indulge yourself at the expense of others that live with you. I imagine
>> Sheldon's wife is an expert on the subject of living with a selfish
>> mate. LOL
>>
>> Cheri
>>

> Yes, but she may be just as degenerate as penfart himself (may he rot in
> Hell, amen).
>
> It is oft said that birds of a feather flock together.
>
> She may be as big an asshole as the little sailor boy, or even worse.

No, I don't believe that, if she was she would be posting here.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 20 Sep 2018 17:52:10 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Hank Rogers" > wrote in message
>news

>>> It can't be called selfish when you live alone, it's only selfish if you
>>> indulge yourself at the expense of others that live with you. I imagine
>>> Sheldon's wife is an expert on the subject of living with a selfish
>>> mate. LOL
>>>
>>> Cheri
>>>

>> Yes, but she may be just as degenerate as penfart himself (may he rot in
>> Hell, amen).
>>
>> It is oft said that birds of a feather flock together.
>>
>> She may be as big an asshole as the little sailor boy, or even worse.

>No, I don't believe that, if she was she would be posting here.

Why?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Druce" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 20 Sep 2018 17:52:10 -0700, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
>>"Hank Rogers" > wrote in message
>>news

>>> Yes, but she may be just as degenerate as penfart himself (may he rot in
>>> Hell, amen).
>>>
>>> It is oft said that birds of a feather flock together.
>>>
>>> She may be as big an asshole as the little sailor boy, or even worse.

>>No, I don't believe that, if she was she would be posting here.

> Why?

So she could back him up with his crude comments but I'm sure she's a
perfectly nice woman which is why she doesn't go into newsgroups with him.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"l not -l" > wrote in message

> On 20-Sep-2018, "Cheri" > wrote:
>
>> > wrote in message

>> > Nothing wrong with that; you can have things exactly like you want them
>> > and that includes meals. No fussing over what to watch on the TV
>> > either
>> > nor quarrels about money.

>> It can't be called selfish when you live alone, it's only selfish if you
>> indulge yourself at the expense of others that live with you. I imagine
>> Sheldon's wife is an expert on the subject of living with a selfish mate.
>> LOL

> I'm conflicted about what real-life Sheldon is like. You may be correct
> and
> that may well explain his number of marriages. But, my father had a
> friend
> that Sheldon reminds me of; all coarse, fake manliness, tough and
> opinionated; except when his wife was around. When she was around he was
> all Casper Milquetoast, "yes dear", "whatever you say dear", "yes, I did
> the
> laundry dear", "what shall I prepare for your dinner dear", etc. He was
> totally subservient to her every whim/desire, totally emasculated. I've
> sometimes wondered if that is real-life Sheldon and the Internet is his
> pressure relief valve; his chance to display his caricature view of
> masculinity.

You could be right, I have often wondered if he acts that way at home, I
can't believe anyone would put up with it on a daily basis. Here, one has
the option of marking his crude posts as read, but maybe he knows that she
would take a spatula to his head if he acted that way at home, at least one
would hope.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 20 Sep 2018 19:03:18 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Druce" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Thu, 20 Sep 2018 17:52:10 -0700, "Cheri" >
>> wrote:

>>>No, I don't believe that, if she was she would be posting here.

>> Why?

>So she could back him up with his crude comments but I'm sure she's a
>perfectly nice woman which is why she doesn't go into newsgroups with him.

They could have been quite a team otherwise
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheri wrote:
> "Druce" > wrote in message
>> On Thu, 20 Sep 2018 17:52:10 -0700, "Cheri" >
>> wrote:

>>> No, I don't believe that, if she was she would be posting here.

>> Why?

> So she could back him up with his crude comments but I'm sure she's a
> perfectly nice woman which is why she doesn't go into newsgroups with
> him.
>
> Cheri

Maybe. But she has to know about her walking sphincter.

Can you imagine how ashamed and embarrassed she must be with that
walking bag of shit she's married to?

I bet she feels small enough to crawl under a pebble.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 20 Sep 2018 22:21:12 -0500, Hank Rogers >
wrote:

>Cheri wrote:
>> "Druce" > wrote in message

>>> Why?

>> So she could back him up with his crude comments but I'm sure she's a
>> perfectly nice woman which is why she doesn't go into newsgroups with
>> him.
>>
>> Cheri

>Maybe. But she has to know about her walking sphincter.
>
>Can you imagine how ashamed and embarrassed she must be with that
>walking bag of shit she's married to?
>
>I bet she feels small enough to crawl under a pebble.

Lately, I get the impression that Sheldon's losing a fanboi.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/19/2018 5:45 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> A hot ham & swiss grilled cheese sandwich and a cup of wild rice soup.
>
> Jill

That's one of my favorites. You might find me at your door if I lived
closer, but Texas is a rather long trip!

I hope your weather is cooperating and not causing any damage for you.

MaryL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 20 Sep 2018 14:47:42 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Thursday, September 20, 2018 at 9:42:48 AM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
>>
>> People who live alone generally enjoy living a selfish life style.
>>

>Nothing wrong with that; you can have things exactly like you want them,

That's the definition of a selfish lifestyle.

>and that includes meals.

I do ALL the cooking, however we discuss meals and I'm more than
willing to prepare her choices... and we both have the same tastes in
food... only accomodation I make is to not cook with onion, however
there are plenty of times that she's off doing something so eats
elsewhere so then I can eat all the onions I like... she golfs so at
least once a week she eats dinner at the course, unless they are
serving something she doesn't like... she doesn't care for how they
cook chicken, it's not cooked done enough, can 't blame her, I won't
eat chicken not fully cooked either.

>No fussing over what to watch on the TV either

We have four TVs, and more than half the time we watch different
shows.... it's difficult for me to believe that people argue over what
to watch on TV. Nowadays TVs cost so little that I can't imagine only
one TV in a household.

>nor quarrels about money.

We never argue about finances, we each have our own income. We
maintain a Household Account and each month contribute equally. Our
personal expenses are our own, she pays for her haircut, I pay for
mine. She maintains her vehical, I maintain mine. When there are
extra household bills we add extra to the household account...
yesterday we had new rain gutters installed, we each contributed half
the cost.

At our age we don't have time or energy to argue. There's no dictator
here.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, September 21, 2018 at 2:15:18 PM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Sep 2018 14:47:42 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> >On Thursday, September 20, 2018 at 9:42:48 AM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
> >>
> >> People who live alone generally enjoy living a selfish life style.
> >>

> >Nothing wrong with that; you can have things exactly like you want them,

> That's the definition of a selfish lifestyle.

selfish: lacking consideration for others; concerned chiefly with one's own personal profit or pleasure.

I don't really see how a single person's lifestyle is selfish.

> >and that includes meals.

> I do ALL the cooking, however we discuss meals and I'm more than
> willing to prepare her choices... and we both have the same tastes in
> food... only accomodation I make is to not cook with onion, however
> there are plenty of times that she's off doing something so eats
> elsewhere so then I can eat all the onions I like... she golfs so at
> least once a week she eats dinner at the course, unless they are
> serving something she doesn't like... she doesn't care for how they
> cook chicken, it's not cooked done enough, can 't blame her, I won't
> eat chicken not fully cooked either.
>
> >No fussing over what to watch on the TV either

> We have four TVs, and more than half the time we watch different
> shows.... it's difficult for me to believe that people argue over what
> to watch on TV. Nowadays TVs cost so little that I can't imagine only
> one TV in a household.

We have one TV for the two of us. If he's watching something
I'm not interested in, I read a book on my tablet, or go into the
den and use my PC to surf the Internet or something. He's much
more interested in television than I am.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 20 Sep 2018 17:13:23 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Thursday, September 20, 2018 at 6:40:35 PM UTC-5, Cheri wrote:
>>
>> > wrote in message

>> > Nothing wrong with that; you can have things exactly like you want them
>> > and that includes meals. No fussing over what to watch on the TV either
>> > nor quarrels about money.

>> It can't be called selfish when you live alone, it's only selfish if you
>> indulge yourself at the expense of others that live with you. I imagine
>> Sheldon's wife is an expert on the subject of living with a selfish mate.
>> LOL
>>

>I think you nailed it.

Yoose couldn't be more wrong... we're both very respectful of each
other and generous to each other. Both being equally frugal our only
enigma is how to spend our extra money... it supports our cats and we
donate to needy animals.