Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Nickelodeon Slime Sauce

I caught this on a news program yesterday. It sounds pretty odd to me
that a television network came up with a sauce for hotdogs based on
green slime:

https://www.delish.com/food-news/a21...green-ketchup/

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Jun 2018 16:29:06 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>I caught this on a news program yesterday. It sounds pretty odd to me
>that a television network came up with a sauce for hotdogs based on
>green slime:
>
>https://www.delish.com/food-news/a21...green-ketchup/

Fast food joints (or should I say "restaurants") have been serving
various colours of slime for as long as they exist.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Jun 2018 17:59:37 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Sat, 23 Jun 2018 16:29:06 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> I caught this on a news program yesterday. It sounds pretty odd to me
>> that a television network came up with a sauce for hotdogs based on
>> green slime:
>>
>> https://www.delish.com/food-news/a21...green-ketchup/

>They didn't say anything about how it tastes. Taste is irrelevant,
>only the marketing matters.
>
>Ingredients: Tomato Ketchup (tomato concentarte, high fructose corn
>syrup, distilled vinegar, corn syrup, salt, natural flavor, spice,
>onion powder), contains 2% or less of: color, FD&C yellow no. 5,
>FD&C blue no. 1, xanthan gum.

Hey, I was gonna say that!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/23/2018 6:59 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Jun 2018 16:29:06 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> I caught this on a news program yesterday. It sounds pretty odd to me
>> that a television network came up with a sauce for hotdogs based on
>> green slime:
>>
>> https://www.delish.com/food-news/a21...green-ketchup/

> They didn't say anything about how it tastes. Taste is irrelevant,
> only the marketing matters.
>
> Ingredients: Tomato Ketchup (tomato concentarte, high fructose corn
> syrup, distilled vinegar, corn syrup, salt, natural flavor, spice,
> onion powder), contains 2% or less of: color, FD&C yellow no. 5,
> FD&C blue no. 1, xanthan gum.
>
> -sw

Yeah, well you know it's not something I'm going to seek out. I did
think it was a tad odd "food related" thing.

It's certainly not something I'm interested in trying. I doubt this is
actually something most people in the US would buy to put on hot dogs.

JIll
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 23, 2018 at 10:29:24 AM UTC-10, Jill McQuown wrote:
> I caught this on a news program yesterday. It sounds pretty odd to me
> that a television network came up with a sauce for hotdogs based on
> green slime:
>
> https://www.delish.com/food-news/a21...green-ketchup/
>
> Jill

Nickelodeon green slime is transparent and florescent green. This ketchup is not the real stuff.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
>I caught this on a news program yesterday. It sounds pretty odd to me that
>a television network came up with a sauce for hotdogs based on green slime:
>
> https://www.delish.com/food-news/a21...green-ketchup/

I guess you've never watched the channel? It has been many years since I did
but they get celebrities on there for the privilege of getting slimed. They
dump green slime all over them. Not my thing but kids seem to love it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Saturday, June 23, 2018 at 10:29:24 AM UTC-10, Jill McQuown wrote:
> I caught this on a news program yesterday. It sounds pretty odd to me
> that a television network came up with a sauce for hotdogs based on
> green slime:
>
> https://www.delish.com/food-news/a21...green-ketchup/
>
> Jill

Nickelodeon green slime is transparent and florescent green. This ketchup is
not the real stuff.

===

Boy some people sure know how to name a food to attract buyers <g>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Jun 2018 08:00:31 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

> Nickelodeon green slime is transparent and florescent green. This ketchup is
> not the real stuff.

> Boy some people sure know how to name a food to attract buyers <g>

Given Nikelodeon's target demographic, the name is perfect. ;-)

--
Bob
St Francis would have done better to preach to the cats
Posted to rec.food.cooking

news
wrote:

> Nickelodeon green slime is transparent and florescent green. This ketchup
> is
> not the real stuff.

> Boy some people sure know how to name a food to attract buyers <g>

Given Nikelodeon's target demographic, the name is perfect. ;-)

Bob
St Francis would have done better to preach to the cats

===

err lol ...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
15.223...
> On Sat 23 Jun 2018 04:28:13p, jmcquown told us...

>>> They didn't say anything about how it tastes. Taste is
>>> irrelevant, only the marketing matters.
>>>
>>> Ingredients: Tomato Ketchup (tomato concentarte, high fructose
>>> corn syrup, distilled vinegar, corn syrup, salt, natural flavor,
>>> spice, onion powder), contains 2% or less of: color, FD&C yellow
>>> no. 5, FD&C blue no. 1, xanthan gum.
>>>
>>> -sw
>>>

>> Yeah, well you know it's not something I'm going to seek out. I
>> did think it was a tad odd "food related" thing.
>>
>> It's certainly not something I'm interested in trying. I doubt
>> this is actually something most people in the US would buy to put
>> on hot dogs.
>>
>> JIll
>>

> I remember when green and purple catsup was introduced and my
> immediate thought was "how disgustiing". I could never imagine
> actually putting that on a hotdog or burger.
>
> Now, green slime? Makes me think of Soylent Green even though, IIRC,
> that came in solid form. :-)

Soylent green is....people!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Opinicus wrote:

> "Ophelia" wrote:
> > Boy some people sure know how to name a food to attract buyers <g>

> Given Nikelodeon's target demographic, the name is perfect. ;-)

I'm sure many young kiddies will ask parents to buy it. Green
sliming their food would fun!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
> >I caught this on a news program yesterday. It sounds pretty odd to me that
> >a television network came up with a sauce for hotdogs based on green slime:
> >
> > https://www.delish.com/food-news/a21...green-ketchup/

> I guess you've never watched the channel? It has been many years since I did
> but they get celebrities on there for the privilege of getting slimed. They
> dump green slime all over them. Not my thing but kids seem to love it.

My daughter used to watch it often in the late 1980s. Started on
their fast paced kids comedy show, "You can't do that on
Television." I watched with her occasionally. It was amusing. I
could see why kids liked the show.

Here's Will Smith getting slimed at the Kid's Choice Awards show
one year:

http://www.nick.com/nick-assets/lega...ts-recap-4.jpg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> They didn't say anything about how it tastes. Taste is irrelevant,
> only the marketing matters.
>
> Ingredients: Tomato Ketchup (tomato concentarte, high fructose corn
> syrup, distilled vinegar, corn syrup, salt, natural flavor, spice,
> onion powder), contains 2% or less of: color, FD&C yellow no. 5,
> FD&C blue no. 1, xanthan gum.

It appears to be a green ketchup. I saw one picture of it on
fries.
Young kids will want some at least to try. YOU should buy some
and put it on your next picture that has fries.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> It's certainly not something I'm interested in trying. I doubt this is
> actually something most people in the US would buy to put on hot dogs.
>
> JIll

"Silly Rabbit, Trixs are for kids!"

(Parents of young kids will be the ones buying this.)
I seem to remember buying my daughter Green Slime Shampoo once
when she was young.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Jun 2018 06:35:12 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>> They didn't say anything about how it tastes. Taste is irrelevant,
>> only the marketing matters.
>>
>> Ingredients: Tomato Ketchup (tomato concentarte, high fructose corn
>> syrup, distilled vinegar, corn syrup, salt, natural flavor, spice,
>> onion powder), contains 2% or less of: color, FD&C yellow no. 5,
>> FD&C blue no. 1, xanthan gum.

>It appears to be a green ketchup. I saw one picture of it on
>fries.
>Young kids will want some at least to try. YOU should buy some
>and put it on your next picture that has fries.

Only two differences, Heinz red, says made with red ripe tomatoes and
no mention of artificial coloring. That green yuck is likely made
with unripe tomatoes (no red ripe color) and the yellow and blue makes
green.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Jun 2018 12:43:01 -0400, wrote:

>>> It appears to be a green ketchup. I saw one picture of it on
>>> fries.
>>> Young kids will want some at least to try. YOU should buy some
>>> and put it on your next picture that has fries.

>> Only two differences, Heinz red, says made with red ripe tomatoes and
>> no mention of artificial coloring. That green yuck is likely made
>> with unripe tomatoes (no red ripe color) and the yellow and blue makes
>> green.

> The ingredients are the same as Heinz (and probably other ketchups).
> This is simply regular red ketchup bought in bulk from a co-packer
> (as the first ingredient clearly indicates, probably even Heinz),
> and then they add the coloring and vegetable gum.
>
> They're not going to create a whole sperate production line just to
> process green tomatoes for this niche ketchup that will probably
> only last on shelves a few months and will probably only ever see 2
> production runs, at most.
>
> -sw

But...but ... Popeye sez they make it with unripe green tomatoes, so it
must be true, right?

He's *NEVER* wrong.